Old 2004-03-31, 16:50   Link #121
KoroshiyaX
X

You can read a synopsis here.
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 22:02   Link #122
Kiro
chocolate overdose

hmmm, i just saw episode 9 and that gave me the rest. the first episodes were really great with lots of good humor but after that it was going downhill. the fights are really really boring, it's like pokemon, but instead of some monsters we have demon puppets. and the story being about a fight over who becomes the ruler of the world is just so uncreative. how many series with such an excuse for a story do we really need? the "sad" scenes were just too constructed and didn't get a single tear out of me (and i really am being sensitive when it comes to this. i'm a wimp). it really looked promising at the beginning but for me this is it.

it's not the crappiest series ever, but with full metal alchemist and naruto around there are just better alternatives available. (allthough naruto really sucked for a while, but it's becomming better again) and if that isn't enough then there are plenty of old series to watch, that are imo better.

i might give it another try, if some of you tell me, that the series gets better again after a while but as it seems now, it looks like they will just encounter more random, uncool designed characters and enemies in the next eps and try a new "exciting" spell from time to time.

off course that's just my oppinion and others should try it out (the first eps are just so cool) and see if they like how the "story" (if you can call it that. :P) evolves.

regards, kiro
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 22:36   Link #123
KoroshiyaX
X

It does get better, it is funnier as ever by now, a few worthy powerful eps and sad scenes; ep 8,12,14-15 and 22 are my favorite eps thus far. My advice, watch it till the current subbed episode (25). If you still don't like it by then, than Gash just isn't for you.

You have keep in mind this is going to be a very long series, probably 100+. and even up till ep 25, its only introductary.

The long serious plots don't kick in until later. And no, this is not like pokemon, far from it. I am sure a few gash fans that have watched the latest eps can support that. Bayoab, you should be replying, not me
Old 2004-03-31, 22:48   Link #124
Kiro
chocolate overdose

was ep. 8 the one with the hospital? that one was ok, because of the girl that couldn't find the room by herself. (funny) but the action was so out of timing sometimes and in this one it was just ridiculous. why didn't he just catch him if he had the time to talk for like 10 seconds? but no, he had to shoot a hole to the room under the roof. yeah right, and the rocks from the explosion didn't hurt.

but i'll give it a try again sooner or later.

edit: oh, and i didn't want to compare this series with pokemon. it is a million times better than pokemon, but the fights (and i mean only thefights) are just almost the same. "pikachu! thunderbooolt!" it's just so old.

that remembers me a bit of shaman king. using spirits for fighting (that really is the same thing as using pokemon or those demon puppets) and a grand fight for who becomes the shaman king. *yawn* just like with Konjiki no Gash Bell the first episode were funny and interesting and soon they would get out of ideas. i watched that series to the end and i regret the time that i lost. i just don't want this to happen again. watching a series just to know, how it will end... (arghs, spiral was THE nightmare. they deserve to be shot for that)
Old 2004-04-01, 00:32   Link #125
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just rewatched episode 1.

I forgot what a blast episode 1 is. Gash crashing down on Kiyomaro's room stark naked.. hahaha >.<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:50   Link #126
KoroshiyaX
X

Ep 8 wasn't with the hospital.

It is with Koruru, the pink haired girl. ring a bell?

Also when they first play the insert song "Boku wa koko ni iru yo" by Rino
Old 2004-04-01, 07:11   Link #127
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Send a message via AIM to Golden_Gash_Bell Send a message via MSN to Golden_Gash_Bell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
hmmm, i just saw episode 9 and that gave me the rest. the first episodes were really great with lots of good humor but after that it was going downhill. the fights are really really boring, it's like pokemon, but instead of some monsters we have demon puppets. and the story being about a fight over who becomes the ruler of the world is just so uncreative. how many series with such an excuse for a story do we really need? the "sad" scenes were just too constructed and didn't get a single tear out of me (and i really am being sensitive when it comes to this. i'm a wimp). it really looked promising at the beginning but for me this is it.

it's not the crappiest series ever, but with full metal alchemist and naruto around there are just better alternatives available. (allthough naruto really sucked for a while, but it's becomming better again) and if that isn't enough then there are plenty of old series to watch, that are imo better.

i might give it another try, if some of you tell me, that the series gets better again after a while but as it seems now, it looks like they will just encounter more random, uncool designed characters and enemies in the next eps and try a new "exciting" spell from time to time.

off course that's just my oppinion and others should try it out (the first eps are just so cool) and see if they like how the "story" (if you can call it that. :P) evolves.

regards, kiro
you know what, good anime does NOT mean a lot of humor. you have to realize that and this is JAPANESE anime so the feeling of this anime can be different from you guys.
Golden_Gash_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:26   Link #128
MrBrown

@Kiro: Gash remains a Shounen series so far (anime and manga wise), so the fighting will continue. There will be more 'tricks' and emotional stuff in the future fights, but if you didn't like the fighting at all so far, you probably won't like it.

Up to the current anime ep (in Japan), it's mostly one-shot eps with only a thin background story connecting it all. There will be more important characters that hang out for alot of eps in the future, however, so it's not completely a "demon-of-the-day" type show. Humor stays the same, but some eps will be completely humor while some are completely about fighting, and most are a mix between these.

The emotional themes will mostly also stay the same, albeit with differences for different characters.

To put it short, I think the eps you have watched show well what this series is about. There might be better jokes, or scenes you think are more emotional, but there will also be worse ones. It's not going to change THAT much, so if you didn't like it so far, you won't like it in the future either.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 19:58   Link #129
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Send a message via AIM to Golden_Gash_Bell Send a message via MSN to Golden_Gash_Bell
this anime is kinda about "FRIENDSHIP"
this is one thing what Raiku wants to tell.
Old 2004-04-02, 05:48   Link #130
Kiro
chocolate overdose

@mr.brown: thx. that was insightfull. maybe i will try out a later episode in the future and see, if i like it. about the ep with the schizophrenia-girl. that episode was really bad imho. if a character is introduces in the same episode, that he dies, then for me this isn't enough time to care enough for a character to be sad. full metal alchemist does a better job in this. in the last ep, they killed a semi-important character, but that was actually really sad. (allthough it couln't top the disturbing-ness of little nina, ending as a red stain on a wall)

@golden_gash_bell: er, what are you trying to say? where did i say, that this anime should be humourus? what i'm saying is, that it really was funny at the beginning and later on is still trying to be funny but is just repeating the jokes. i don't have to realize anything. if i don't like it then i don't like it. people have different tastes, get over it. for me, the fights weren't that special until now, the story is no story and the cool main-characters alone just aren't enough to make all that up for my tastes.

also i think, i have watched more anime-series than you propably ever will, so please don't try to teach me that "the feeling of this anime can be different from you guys." :fingers: (what is "you guys" supposed to mean anyway? you don't even know who i am and where i live but you're allready generalizing me into some group of "guys".)

Last edited by Kiro; 2004-04-03 at 11:45.
Old 2004-04-02, 09:30   Link #131
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

sorry about what i said...
but you know what, i was living in japan and now live in usa.
and everytime, i (and my japanese friends) have different feeling from american which is normal thing because culture's different.

[QUOTE]it was going downhill. the fights are really really boring, it's like pokemon, but instead of some monsters we have demon puppets[QUOTE]

cuz' you said that (fighting is boring or something, whatever), i thought you only think about humor...
ok, i apologize about it.

sorry guy for being
Old 2004-04-02, 10:18   Link #132
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

I love Gash Bell!! The art style, the comedy, the characters -- it's the best of the gazillion monster training shows. I started watching from Ep 18 (the Folgore character got me hooked, he's hilarious ^^) until the mid-30's when the broadcaster started screwing up the schedule. :P It's great reading all your comments on this thread . . . and dammit, I loved Ep 31-35, but more on that when the rest of you get there. :)

Anyway, I'm really glad it's catching on in popularity. I recently went and downloaded all the subs, and if the subbers ever read this post, fantastic job, probably the best subbing I've seen for far. What I really like is what you handle the intro . . . you actually painsakingly translated all the staff credits and don't put yourselves over by making your names in large distracting font. I wish more subbers would do this and give credit to all the people that made the anime possible in the first place. It's also great that the sing-along lyrics are simple, not distractingly fancy like the FMA and One Piece ones. Your fansubbing professionalism rocks and I'm hoping is contagious. ;)
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 13:09   Link #133
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
I love Gash Bell!! The art style, the comedy, the characters -- it's the best of the gazillion monster training shows. I started watching from Ep 18 (the Folgore character got me hooked, he's hilarious ^^) until the mid-30's when the broadcaster started screwing up the schedule. :P It's great reading all your comments on this thread . . . and dammit, I loved Ep 31-35, but more on that when the rest of you get there.

Anyway, I'm really glad it's catching on in popularity. I recently went and downloaded all the subs, and if the subbers ever read this post, fantastic job, probably the best subbing I've seen for far. What I really like is what you handle the intro . . . you actually painsakingly translated all the staff credits and don't put yourselves over by making your names in large distracting font. I wish more subbers would do this and give credit to all the people that made the anime possible in the first place. It's also great that the sing-along lyrics are simple, not distractingly fancy like the FMA and One Piece ones. Your fansubbing professionalism rocks and I'm hoping is contagious.
Cool!
I'm so glad that we got new friend, who loves gash bell.
Old 2004-04-02, 14:20   Link #134
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Hi guys! I thought I might might introduce myself I'm Kyusaku of Aoshi Fansubs it was myself and a few others who started the Gash project with Aoshi and then later joined up with Anime-Empire for this really amazing show. I'm glad people are finally realizing the greatness of this series, me and a few others follow the manga quite closely. I get raws of every ep every week and I buy all the manga vols that are released of Gash manga. I also own a good amount of the Gash CD singles and both Gash OSTs I also have the first DVD of the series. I really try to support the series as much as I can. I'm really amazed Raiku is doing such a good job with this manga, I haven't found any info on any of his other works so I imagine this is his first manga? Can anyone confirm this for me?
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 19:26   Link #135
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusaku
Hi guys! I thought I might might introduce myself I'm Kyusaku of Aoshi Fansubs it was myself and a few others who started the Gash project with Aoshi and then later joined up with Anime-Empire for this really amazing show. I'm glad people are finally realizing the greatness of this series, me and a few others follow the manga quite closely. I get raws of every ep every week and I buy all the manga vols that are released of Gash manga. I also own a good amount of the Gash CD singles and both Gash OSTs I also have the first DVD of the series. I really try to support the series as much as I can. I'm really amazed Raiku is doing such a good job with this manga, I haven't found any info on any of his other works so I imagine this is his first manga? Can anyone confirm this for me?
no, this is the third time i believe...
two of em, werent so famous though...
Old 2004-04-02, 20:11   Link #136
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Gash_Bell
no, this is the third time i believe...
two of em, werent so famous though...
Were they like One shots? Or actually lasted a few volumes?
Old 2004-04-02, 21:08   Link #137
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

Quote:
Were they like One shots? Or actually lasted a few volumes?
im not sure about it, but i think it lasted... few volumes
Old 2004-04-03, 00:15   Link #138
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Quote:
That's really awesome to hear that you're buying the manga, CD's, and DVD's. Esp since Bittorrent became popular, I think there's many people out there that d/l episodes, manga, even OST and games of their favorite animes, talk about how much they love these shows, but don't show their support for the product financially. Even though the studios are probably really rich, every bit counts, even if you buy just one $4 manga. As for me, I've invested in a few Gashbell gashapon ^^

My small Gashbell toy collection :)
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 00:42   Link #139
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Ooooh Gashbell gashapons~ I wants~
Old 2004-04-03, 07:29   Link #140
Golden_Gash_Bell
この掲示板の管理人、腐ってる…。

guess what, we have many people who know all ep. of gash...
hmmm... does that mean many people can read/understand japanese?
(which is very nice thing)

[QUOTE]
Is the series going to skip the Millenia demons completely? From the preview of 51, they are going to fight the masked person who releases the demons, but the manga doesnt have that from what i can see..[QUOTE]

anyways, episode 51 is not on manga cuz' it's exclusive episode...
also, episode 31~35 are exclusive, too.