AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-06-29, 18:45   Link #121
Sparda4
Dark Knight

All four at the same time that's Malebolge Vritra Promotion, so we could see each SG on their own or a combination of the 2-3 out of 4.
Old 2017-06-29, 18:47   Link #122
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: You're right about a Balance Breaker like Malebolge Vritra Promotion which combines the abilities of all four of the Sacred Gears into one being more powerful than individual Balance Breakers for each of the aforementioned Sacred Gears, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have both (for versatility). It could also be good for having "stages" to his Balance Breaker. I agree with everything else you've said, though.

Edit: One post late.
@Sparda4: Agreed.
Old 2017-06-29, 21:42   Link #123
Lucidrago

@Osman I don't know what you're expecting. But Saji's BB already has versatility. Balance Breakers are basically a strengthening of the Sacred Gear's ability. Malebolge Vritra Promotion already strengthens all 4 of the abilities of the Vritra Sacred Gears and he's able to use them all at once. There's no point in him getting Balance Breaker for each of the Vritra Sacred Gears because Malebolge Vritra Promotion is the best you're going to get. Basically the Balance Breaker of those Vritra Sacred Gears would just be a strengthening of their abilities which Saji already has in his Malebolge Vritra Promotion. That would just be a downgrade from Saji's current Balance Breaker which is the best possible form.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 22:48   Link #124
B214

Just give Saji 4 Artificial SG and have him combine those ASG with his SG.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 23:21   Link #125
Crimson406

Sorry for the blurry. But Dx4 cover is Elmenhilde.

https://imgur.com/a/74RXE
Crimson406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 00:21   Link #126
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Is she drinking blood? Damn.

She looks like she's gonna suck the blood out of your cock. Yeah, no.

Images
Nope
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 00:30   Link #127
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
@Osman I don't know what you're expecting. But Saji's BB already has versatility. Balance Breakers are basically a strengthening of the Sacred Gear's ability. Malebolge Vritra Promotion already strengthens all 4 of the abilities of the Vritra Sacred Gears and he's able to use them all at once. There's no point in him getting Balance Breaker for each of the Vritra Sacred Gears because Malebolge Vritra Promotion is the best you're going to get. Basically the Balance Breaker of those Vritra Sacred Gears would just be a strengthening of their abilities which Saji already has in his Malebolge Vritra Promotion. That would just be a downgrade from Saji's current Balance Breaker which is the best possible form.
Ok let me explain how we were thinking about all 4 separate Balance Breakers. Think of them like the evil piece traits all four in BB would have an advantage over the other while Malebolge would be the "Queen" form. Not so cut and dry now is it ?

Edit: Well Elmenhilde looks like she's kinda horny i bet that's Issei's blood.
Old 2017-06-30, 00:51   Link #128
Lucidrago

Again that would be a serious downgrade. What's the point in trying to achieve it if he's just merely going backwards. Can you give me a way of his evil pieces combining with Vritra's abilities?
Old 2017-06-30, 01:04   Link #129
Sparda4
Dark Knight

If he get's the other forms then they would strengthen Malebolge and the Evil pieces might be mutated by this point so they could tune themselves to each individual BB.
Old 2017-06-30, 07:42   Link #130
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^That. And Lucidrago, why are you talking as if we're saying to discard Malebolge Vritra Promotion? We're saying to keep all five Balance Breakers, not discard the one he has now in exchange for four separate Balance Breakers. That wouldn't be a downgrade, that would be allowing him to have something similar to Ise's Triaina and True Queen (if his Evil Pieces have also mutated, which is a possibility). Though Saji would need to get his Balance Breaker(s) linked with Vritra's powers like what happened with Ise, first, though. And it's not set in stone that what happened to Ise can also happen to Saji in the same or even in a similar way. But a guy can hope.
Old 2017-06-30, 07:51   Link #131
Sparda4
Dark Knight

@osman Yeah your right there is a chance Saji could have linked his evil pieces with his sacred gears but the problem is that we don't know if they have mutated at all (I mean look at how rapid Issei's growth had to be just to get 4 mutated) it wouldn't make sense for the pieces to have not mutated but it's still out there until Saji himself says so or Ajuka(him i doubt he has more important stuff to do.)
Old 2017-06-30, 08:25   Link #132
Lucidrago

I know you guys aren't discarding Malebolge Vritra Promotion. But the whole point of a form is to have it be better than the last form. It just seems you guys want Saji to be a complete knockoff of Issei. Saji's Malebolge Vritra Promotion is 4 Balance Breakers in one. Issei just had one Sacred Gear, the Boosted Gear and had already achieved Balance Breaker. So he went further down that path by having his evil pieces combine with his Boosted Gear. And he had Ddraig's power converted into the traits of the evil pieces. That's basically impossible for Saji. Saji has basically skipped all those steps that Issei had to go through in one go. By achieving his Balance Breaker. And how would Vritra's abilities be enhanced by anything other than the bishop piece? Tell me what way Saji could have linked his evil pieces with his Sacred Gears without making him like Issei? Those other 3 Sacred Gears aren't attached to his soul like Absorption Line is. And Shemhazai said it when Saji was teleported to the battle with Loki about how there wouldn't be a change in Saji's evil pieces just because Absorption Line is still his base. Kiba gained another Sacred Gear and yet his knight piece didn't change. It seems you guys just want Saji to be exactly like Issei, which isn't going to happen.

And Triana was a stepping stone Issei needed to go through before he got to True Queen. Saji's Malebolge Vritra Promotion isn't tied to the traits of the pawn piece like Issei's Illegal Move: Triana and True Queen are. You're comparing apples and oranges. Saji going backwards isn't going to help him. Issei's True Queen mode and Saji's Malebolge Vritra Promotion ARE vastly different.
Old 2017-06-30, 10:32   Link #133
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I know you guys aren't discarding Malebolge Vritra Promotion. But the whole point of a form is to have it be better than the last form. It just seems you guys want Saji to be a complete knockoff of Issei. Saji's Malebolge Vritra Promotion is 4 Balance Breakers in one. Issei just had one Sacred Gear, the Boosted Gear and had already achieved Balance Breaker. So he went further down that path by having his evil pieces combine with his Boosted Gear. And he had Ddraig's power converted into the traits of the evil pieces. That's basically impossible for Saji. Saji has basically skipped all those steps that Issei had to go through in one go. By achieving his Balance Breaker. And how would Vritra's abilities be enhanced by anything other than the bishop piece? Tell me what way Saji could have linked his evil pieces with his Sacred Gears without making him like Issei? Those other 3 Sacred Gears aren't attached to his soul like Absorption Line is. And Shemhazai said it when Saji was teleported to the battle with Loki about how there wouldn't be a change in Saji's evil pieces just because Absorption Line is still his base. Kiba gained another Sacred Gear and yet his knight piece didn't change. It seems you guys just want Saji to be exactly like Issei, which isn't going to happen.

And Triana was a stepping stone Issei needed to go through before he got to True Queen. Saji's Malebolge Vritra Promotion isn't tied to the traits of the pawn piece like Issei's Illegal Move: Triana and True Queen are. You're comparing apples and oranges. Saji going backwards isn't going to help him. Issei's True Queen mode and Saji's Malebolge Vritra Promotion ARE vastly different.
Ise's Balance Breaker the Scale Mail wasn't connected to the Evil Pieces, just like Saji's Balance Breaker now. Besides the Evil Pieces are known to have secrets hidden in them. We're just taking the possibility that Saji could attain a power-up similar to Ise's Triana and True Queen.
Old 2017-06-30, 10:46   Link #134
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yes.

Like I've said many times before, the Triaina and True Queen were meant to be a replacement and alternative to the Juggernaut Drive, with the True Queen being the final result. That's not Balance Breaker, it's way beyond a Balance Breaker because it's supposed to bring out Ddraig's true power once mastered which the Balance Breaker doesn't do. The catch in Saji's case is that for him, his Balance Breaker already does release Vritra's true power. If Saji has to go above that, one way is for some or all of his Evil Pieces to mutate and for him to get armored forms more powerful than his Balance Breaker.

Getting individual Balance Breakers for each of his Sacred Gears and then taking them all and Malebolge Vritra Promotion to the next step might help. Or just taking Malebolge Vritra Promotion to the next step if he can't get those individual Balance Breakers.

Also, I know that it's impossible for Saji to be like Ise - especially now that he's skipped most of the steps Ise had to go through to get Triaina and True Queen like you said (@Lucidrago). But the main point is that Saji needs some power-ups, and him getting something similar to Triaina and True Queen might be good (but, again, "similar" doesn't mean "same" and I'm also not suggesting Breakdown the Beast or similar for Saji, either (because Breakdown the Beast might be impossible given the fact that Vritra's full power is already released in Balance Breaker; what Saji needs is a way to surpass Vritra)).
Old 2017-06-30, 10:59   Link #135
Lucidrago

Any more and you'll have him become a Super Devil. Has Saji reached his limit with Malebolge Vritra Promotion? Having him gain another form at this point in the story would be an asspull and make this series like Bleach. To be honest, I don't see Saji going beyond Satan-class like most of the others besides the Longinus possessors. Saji is most likely already at Ultimate-class level of power and he constantly trains and improves like everyone else. We shouldn't just assume he has hit his limit with Malebolge Vritra Promotion and needs a ton of new forms. If Ishibumi did that, this story would become like Bleach with no way out and just giving every character a power-up when they don't need it. What does Saji need a power-up for? To become a Super Devil. Just because he's not at Issei's level of insane power doesn't mean he needs a power-up. I'm not opposed to it, but Saji isn't weak in the slightest. Like you guys said, Saji will never be like Issei but it seems you guys want Saji to reach Issei's level of insane power.
Old 2017-06-30, 11:25   Link #136
Sparda4
Dark Knight

I'll say this ONE more time as EVERYBODY forgets this. If the MAIN CHARACTER get's stronger EVERYBODY needs to have the same treatment otherwise it's an imbalance of power and that can't happen here because THEN DxD will become like Bleach. With Saji gaining 4 Balance Breakers 1 for Absorption line, 1 for Blaze Black Flare, 1 for Delete Field and another one for Shadow Prison isn't an asspull because has has the potencial for them and as Osman said the Evil pieces have secrets it's not a plot device for Issei to get stronger(Even tho they were used like that so far)
Old 2017-06-30, 11:25   Link #137
B214

@Lucidrago. No, i think most of us just want there to be room for improvements for Saji. For me i just think it would be possible because Saji has 4 Pawn Pieces and 4 SG. The numbers are just too fitting. Besides even if Saji does link his EP & SG like Ise and gains a power-up, it doesn't automatically mean the armour will transform. Maybe the promotion creates new weapons or arsenal for Saji to use.

I think you're currently limiting the linking of EP or Triana & CCQ to transformation of armour when it could potentially be something new and unique to Saji only.
Old 2017-06-30, 13:19   Link #138
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda4 View Post
I'll say this ONE more time as EVERYBODY forgets this. If the MAIN CHARACTER get's stronger EVERYBODY needs to have the same treatment otherwise it's an imbalance of power and that can't happen here because THEN DxD will become like Bleach. With Saji gaining 4 Balance Breakers 1 for Absorption line, 1 for Blaze Black Flare, 1 for Delete Field and another one for Shadow Prison isn't an asspull because has has the potencial for them and as Osman said the Evil pieces have secrets it's not a plot device for Issei to get stronger(Even tho they were used like that so far)
Agreed.

Though it's more a Shonen thing than just limited to Bleach, what you said there. Just saying.

By the way, I know I've mentioned that part about Evil Pieces having hidden secrets before, but this time, the one who said it was not me. It was B214. Look here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Ise's Balance Breaker the Scale Mail wasn't connected to the Evil Pieces, just like Saji's Balance Breaker now. Besides the Evil Pieces are known to have secrets hidden in them. We're just taking the possibility that Saji could attain a power-up similar to Ise's Triana and True Queen.
Anyway, yes, it actually is true that this has been mentioned in the LNs. But Sparda4, we also saw it happen with Kiba when he got his second Sacred Gear and when he combined Holy and Demonic, didn't we? It's not just exclusively being used as a plot device to make Ise stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
@Lucidrago. No, i think most of us just want there to be room for improvements for Saji. For me i just think it would be possible because Saji has 4 Pawn Pieces and 4 SG. The numbers are just too fitting. Besides even if Saji does link his EP & SG like Ise and gains a power-up, it doesn't automatically mean the armour will transform. Maybe the promotion creates new weapons or arsenal for Saji to use.

I think you're currently limiting the linking of EP or Triana & CCQ to transformation of armour when it could potentially be something new and unique to Saji only.
Agreed. Like you said, the numbers (4 Pawn Pieces and 4 Sacred Gears) really is too fitting. That, and the stuff he's been through so far should have made at least one of his Pawn Pieces mutate by now.

One thing, though: Triaina and True Queen are all about transformation of armor and about stronger abilities and power, right? What you meant is probably something like saying that Saji's case of linking his Evil Pieces with his Sacred Gear may not be limited to just a transformation of armor like the Triaina and True Queen. Right?
Old 2017-06-30, 13:33   Link #139
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
One thing, though: Triaina and True Queen are all about transformation of armor and about stronger abilities and power, right? What you meant is probably something like saying that Saji's case of linking his Evil Pieces with his Sacred Gear may not be limited to just a transformation of armor like the Triaina and True Queen. Right?
Yes, well this thought came since Vritra is said to be the Dragon King in terms of variety of skills, so i just though rather than an armour power-up like Ise, maybe Saji could end up having arsenals instead.
Old 2017-06-30, 13:38   Link #140
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, good point. I can certainly see that. So, rather than separate armored forms, it'd be one armored form with four different tricks, one for each of his Evil Pieces? That might be good.