AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-03, 12:09   Link #121
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I think anonfr's theory about Miya possibly casting her magic on herself is possible...don't really know about the mechanics, but I think a Yotsuba mage should be able to come up with a way if there was something making doing that difficult...after all, Material Burst could kill Tatsuya. Who's to say Mental Interference magic can't be cast on it's user?

You know...it would be like Miya basically shooting herself basically. Because she couldn't take anymore pain and wanted to spare herself from it further. It's not like she had no long to live anyway. Might as well make the remaining years...a little more bearable.
well the material burst wont do anything to tatsuya, the effects of the magic will do thou.

material burst is a magic that converts matter to energy. Its not complicated he just simply decomposes matter down to its fundamental particles. This process releases a tremendous amount of energy that will cause destruction on large scale.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:13   Link #122
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
well the material burst wont do anything to tatsuya, the effects of the magic will do thou.

material burst is a magic that converts matter to energy. Its not complicated he just simply decomposes matter down to its fundamental particles. This process releases a tremendous amount of energy that will cause destruction on large scale.
Wow I really have to say that is the nitpickiest argument I have ever read.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:16   Link #123
niffum

Yep, I'm also hoping for an Ancient Magic users versus Modern magic users confrontation in the next volume. Although since Ancient Magic users are supposed to dislike and distrust the Kudou, I'm not sure they'd be allied with Kudou Retsu? Maybe Sakai will be the one behind the uprising - it sounds like he was planning on something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Kuduo Retsu is an ancient magic user!?
The Ninth research institute was focused on incorporating Ancient Magic into Modern Magic practices, as seen with the way they developed Parade from Matoi. So at the very least, Kudou is familiar with Ancient magic.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:22   Link #124
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post

Actually no. This is the reason he can't use MB for duels and needs Third Eye--because the blast will kill him. Since he can cast MB anywhere by simply decomposing matter and breaking down atoms, all Tatsuya has to do if he wants to commit suicide is cast MB on anything around him.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:34   Link #125
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
Yep, I'm also hoping for an Ancient Magic users versus Modern magic users confrontation in the next volume. Although since Ancient Magic users are supposed to dislike and distrust the Kudou, I'm not sure they'd be allied with Kudou Retsu? Maybe Sakai will be the one behind the uprising - it sounds like he was planning on something like that.

The Ninth research institute was focused on incorporating Ancient Magic into Modern Magic practices, as seen with the way they developed Parade from Matoi. So at the very least, Kudou is familiar with Ancient magic.
Oh wow, I was joking. I really need to do some rereading to keep up with some of these discussions.

Another joke is that I want Yakumo to have a secret ninja village in Kyoto.

Wasn't Sakai sort of dealt with?
Old 2014-05-03, 12:39   Link #126
pampz21
ShipCore

So who do you think will Tatsuya go with on a date in Kyoto?!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:44   Link #127
Ashe Nei

Quote:
Actually no. This is the reason he can't use MB for duels and needs Third Eye--because the blast will kill him. Since he can cast MB anywhere by simply decomposing matter and breaking down atoms, all Tatsuya has to do if he wants to commit suicide is cast use MB on anything around him.
The other reason being that he could nonesensically destroy everything (people, building etc.) and cause quite the uproar.

Is like killing a mosquito with a BFG9000.
Ashe Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:57   Link #128
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
So who do you think will Tatsuya go on a date in Kyoto?!
Hmm, just for a fun twist I say Minami!

Definitely not Erika though. Definitely.
Old 2014-05-03, 13:18   Link #129
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
well, if Miyuki REALLY wants to relieve Tatsuya from his guardian duty and if that makes her happy, then he will accept her will
I don't think Miyuki will ever do that, being a Guardian is the only reason she can keep Tatsuya "safe" from the other girls. She would never throw away that shield.

Anyway, I still hope that Tatsuya is freed from his sister's obsessive and regain his emotions so he can pursuit Ma...*cough**cough*...happiness.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 13:50   Link #130
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Found something interesting over on jcafe:
Seems to me that this indicate that Tatsuya and Zhou are the same and Mitsugu fears the 2 of them coming in contact with one another.

I still stand by the idea that Tatsuya is genetically engineered from Maya's eggs by remnants of Dahan. Yotsuba's sin was destroying the country which resulted in the remnants creating weapons from said eggs (Zhou being one of the first created and Tatsuya being one of the last) for the purprose of getting revenge. The experiments by the Yotsuba on Tatsuya were actually meant to try and break the brainwashing but they couldn't do it without destroying his emotions as well. They put in the artificial magic calculation area afterwards either because they felt that it was safer at the time or maybe that there was a safety device in it (either to stop Tatsuya should he go out of control or that it was actually meant to weaken him while tying him to Miyuki to seal his powers was another attempt to weaken him further.
Old 2014-05-03, 14:45   Link #131
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Hmm, just for a fun twist I say Minami!

Definitely not Erika though. Definitely.
Minami definitely fills his weaknesses(vulnerability to energy-base attack and attack in number greater than 24) with her barrier. (one of the reasons I want her around)

But may be he might need someone very tricky this time...... someone like the black Night Fairy

P.S. but my serious answer would be Erika. Either she go with him or will be there when the conflict start because considering her friendship with Miki I doubt she will have no role at all next volume(Mitsuki might be there too).
Old 2014-05-03, 15:18   Link #132
Echizen777

Why would he go on a date when the situation is critical like that? If it happens, it will be with the Kuroba twins.

How many characters will be with him anyway? Or maybe the 9SC took place at Kyoto? I would like another arc similar to Yokohama's disturbance.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 16:18   Link #133
niffum

Quote:
Another joke is that I want Yakumo to have a secret ninja village in Kyoto.

Wasn't Sakai sort of dealt with?
He would make for a fantastic village headman...

I'd say yes from the spoilers but his plans might have been set in motion? Or it might not be that easy to get rid of him if was high ranking/well-connected enough? Or the insurgents are in no way, shape or form connected with him
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 16:36   Link #134
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Minami definitely fills his weaknesses(vulnerability to energy-base attack and attack in number greater than 24) with her barrier. (one of the reasons I want her around)

But may be he might need someone very tricky this time...... someone like the black Night Fairy

P.S. but my serious answer would be Erika. Either she go with him or will be there when the conflict start because considering her friendship with Miki I doubt she will have no role at all next volume(Mitsuki might be there too)
Damn bro; Iam with you all the way!
Erika will always bring Tatsuya trouble....it might not be Miki who drags Tatsuya but Erika would be the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Why would he go on a date when the situation is critical like that? If it happens, it will be with the Kuroba twins.

How many characters will be with him anyway? Or maybe the 9SC took place at Kyoto? I would like another arc similar to Yokohama's disturbance.
Because its Kyoto man~
Well I think so too but I think the twins will be put on a different mission...

Tatsuya just made Zhou one of his personal targets meaning there a high chance for Tatsuya to bring his own army of irregulars.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 19:27   Link #135
hakazee

Quote:
Ahaha crazy theories are okay. I kind of wonder if Maya had Miya convert her memories into data repeatedly. Since, Miya did that for Maya and all her memories until she was 12, but was the magic perpetual? Did it convert memories into data after the initial casting? If it's not perpetual, then new memories would have emotion, so Maya may have requested they be converted again.

It's possible at least. Still, I think there are obviously some more Miya/Maya mysteries left to explore.
Rather than messing with her own brain, I hope Maya told Miya to operate other people mind and somehow they success and we will see the " product " in the future.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 21:53   Link #136
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Rather than messing with her own brain, I hope Maya told Miya to operate other people mind and somehow they success and we will see the " product " in the future.
You mean a "Successful Product" in comparison to Tatsuya's "Failed Product" ?
Old 2014-05-03, 23:16   Link #137
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
I think that is highly unlikely, since the operation was technically a success.
Miya was able to create an artificial 'magi calculation area', and although it isn't as strong as a natural one, it still allowed usage of other magics albeit much weaker.

Spoiler for Only successful example:

Kudou calls Tatsuya the only successful example, this most likely does not refer to flashcast because it is known as a Yotsuba technique. Therefore the likely conclusion would be, the 'Artificial Magic Calculation Area'.

These are my thoughts on the matter..
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 01:06   Link #138
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Actually no. This is the reason he can't use MB for duels and needs Third Eye--because the blast will kill him. Since he can cast MB anywhere by simply decomposing matter and breaking down atoms, all Tatsuya has to do if he wants to commit suicide is cast MB on anything around him.
MB has a variable destruction output. The magic destructive power if directly dependent to the mass of the matter he is using for the process.
We know 50mg resulted in a 1000 tons of tnt or 1 kiloton explosion. The less mass he converts the lower the explosion is.
So technically if he wants to convert just a handful of molecules to energy the subsequent explosion will be far less destructive due to the small mass, but will be enough to kill a person.
Him not using MB in anti personnel combat has more to do with the magic highly classified nature then actual magic suitability. He tries to hide the fact he is a strategic magician, using MB will just basically confirm his identity.

And MB is not restricted to "third eye", first time he used it was without the third eye or any cad for that matter.
Third eye is a precise satellite targeting system that was designed for him to be able to use Material Burst far beyond his range with ES alone. It gives him Over The Horizon firing capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Kudou calls Tatsuya the only successful example, this most likely does not refer to flashcast because it is known as a Yotsuba technique. Therefore the likely conclusion would be, the 'Artificial Magic Calculation Area'.

You could be right. I sense a yotsuba great master plan to turn normal people in magicians via artificial MCA
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 02:20   Link #139
kidswable

Since this is prediction beyond the current volume, iI have something to ask.

Maya said that at least the shiba siblings lay low until next year right?
is it mean until the next Master clan conference or until miyuki is publicly introduced as yotsuba heir?

I am most curious at what face the politician that try to harass miyuki will be after shiba miyuki became yotsuba miyuki. Anyone care to share their view about this doomed politician?
kidswable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 02:28   Link #140
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
I think that is highly unlikely, since the operation was technically a success.
Miya was able to create an artificial 'magi calculation area', and although it isn't as strong as a natural one, it still allowed usage of other magics albeit much weaker.

Spoiler for Only successful example:

Hmmm... but that doesn't make sense to me since the experiment occurred a decade ago and he specifically pointed out the example was something powerful he saw Tatsuya do in the 9SC match. To me this makes it very unlikely to be anything to do with flash cast or the artificial mca since the novel has never described either of them as being powerful. Hopefully the anime will help clear this up.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote