AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-12-26, 21:13   Link #121
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^

No...I read that as Anime as well...It says Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator is getting an anime by JC STAFF!!!?

There is a cast list with charcters and voice actors as well as a staff list as well. Holy crap!

There appears to be 2 new character names listed aside from Accelerator and Last Order.

Can someone confirm this or are we getting massively trolled here?
Old 2013-12-26, 23:01   Link #122
Miraluka
Banned

Did I read right?

Kagaku no Accelerator anime?

I would like but I don't want to be trolled :S
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 00:37   Link #123
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

That's why I asked you guys. I don't believe it and it was never translated as well as published somewhere There is a big chance we are being trolled
Old 2013-12-27, 01:18   Link #124
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I feel like we should be a little skeptical. Even if this is possible, the project Index/Railgun websites have nothing to say about the anime even though they do mention the start of the Accelerator manga in a new announcement (and so does Dengeki's site...), but I still think that more unreasonably, presumably the manga just started, and we should only have three manga chapters worth of material by the time the anime starts. I feel like the anime wouldn't help the new manga's profits at all, even if it would make it more popular, so I can't see it happening that early. I'm not really sure about that... So I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Anyway, I hope the manga does well...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-12-27 at 02:01.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 02:21   Link #125
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Can someone tell me what is written here about Toaru no Accel?
http://engawa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...ws/1377498542/
Google translate translated it with the words like 'TV animation', so I was confused.
.............okay is this legitimate or not? another SISTER case? because if I remember it right. the target this time around is last order.
Old 2013-12-27, 03:01   Link #126
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I feel like we should be a little skeptical. Even if this is possible, the project Index/Railgun websites have nothing to say about the anime even though they do mention the start of the Accelerator manga in a new announcement (and so does Dengeki's site...), but I still think that more unreasonably, presumably the manga just started, and we should only have three manga chapters worth of material by the time the anime starts. I feel like the anime wouldn't help the new manga's profits at all, even if it would make it more popular, so I can't see it happening that early. I'm not really sure about that... So I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Anyway, I hope the manga does well...
Have they really written about the serialization of To Aru no Accel on their website? I have never noticed that.
Old 2013-12-27, 15:29   Link #127
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Have they really written about the serialization of To Aru no Accel on their website? I have never noticed that.
They did so, last night...
Old 2013-12-30, 06:06   Link #128
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Can someone translate the interview please?
Really important.
Old 2013-12-30, 06:19   Link #129
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Blue is Touma's Seiyuu.
Red is Mikoto's Seiyuu.

Lots and lost of [Accelerator]. There's [Sisters], and there's [Last Order]
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 06:30   Link #130
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Blue is Touma's Seiyuu.
Red is Mikoto's Seiyuu.

Lots and lost of [Accelerator]. There's [Sisters], and there's [Last Order]
Hm, thanks for a bit of explanation. As long as it's just a talk between two voice actors about characters I'm interested in, it's not so important I guess It's just the opinions of two VA about Accel and others right? Nothing official?
Old 2013-12-30, 07:02   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I can't 100% confirm, but it does look like they're just discussing about Accelerator.
Old 2013-12-31, 15:31   Link #132
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

今年も1年間「とある」シリーズの応援有難う御座いました! 劇場版禁書とTVレールガンSのダブルでお届け致しました。一方通行スピンオフも始まり原作はは更なる盛り 上がり&Blu-ray・DVDのリリースも続きますので2014年も「とある」を宜しくお願い致します♪

This was on the Index website.

The first part seems to be talking about Railgun S and the Movie.

The second sentence seems to be talking about the Accel Spinoff? What does the second sentence say, I feel like I might have misread it? Maybe a Railgun OVA? Or is it just saying something like Support Index in 2014?... I have no clue... somebody please help
Old 2013-12-31, 16:02   Link #133
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
今年も1年間「とある」シリーズの応援有難う御座いました! 劇場版禁書とTVレールガンSのダブルでお届け致しました。一方通行スピンオフも始まり原作はは更なる盛り 上がり&Blu-ray・DVDのリリースも続きますので2014年も「とある」を宜しくお願い致します♪

This was on the Index website.

The first part seems to be talking about Railgun S and the Movie.

The second sentence seems to be talking about the Accel Spinoff? What does the second sentence say, I feel like I might have misread it? Maybe a Railgun OVA? Or is it just saying something like Support Index in 2014?... I have no clue... somebody please help
Also, to answer my own question it seems to be talking about the Index movie and Railgun S. It mentions how the new Accelerator manga is starting. It mentions that the LNs are reaching a sort of Climax (for now whatever that means), and it talks about the BD's/DVD's coming out for Railgun S in 2014. It also explains that the main LN series is continuing, so it asks fans to please stick with it, and it says thanks for your support this past year and it hopes for continued support in the coming year 2014.
Old 2013-12-31, 20:00   Link #134
Haigon

Even after reading NT2 I didn't understood very well how magical power actually works.

There is a must for a myth to magic be performed?

If yes, I can create the myth of the boy who breath fire after eating cheese and breath fire after eating cheese?

If no, there are any rules to perform?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 20:53   Link #135
Birdway
Banned

This one year is the year of A Certain series, thanks for your support!

We delivered Railgun S and Index movie.
And realeased Accel's spin-off

In the 2014 the release of A Certain series continues.

Nothing new or of special mention.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 00:46   Link #136
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Even after reading NT2 I didn't understood very well how magical power actually works.

There is a must for a myth to magic be performed?

If yes, I can create the myth of the boy who breath fire after eating cheese and breath fire after eating cheese?

If no, there are any rules to perform?
Sorry, I can't understand it. Please rephrase it (maybe its because its new year and I still have hangover)

but if your asking if there must be a myth to perform magic then your mistaken.

You don't need it to perform magic but its needed to make magic work EASIER. Because by using a myth. there is already a set of rules to follow which makes making the magic easier.

Its a lot easier to write/draw/work using a already established method than creating a whole new method for your own brand of work to work.
Old 2014-01-01, 07:22   Link #137
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Rule #1 - Life Source is refined to make Mana (Analogy - Refining crude oil)

Rule #2 - Different types mana is used in different formulas types (Analogy - Diesel engine uses only diesel fuel)

Rule #3 - Using known myths and theories is easier than making up your own (Analogy - Writing with your right hand as oppose to using your left foot)

Rule #4 - Using an 'idol' of a magic source is using a small percentage of the original (Analogy - Solar panels using a small percentage of the energy of the Sun)
Old 2014-01-01, 07:37   Link #138
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
As an addendum, Leivinia Birdway is the best example of a magician who started from scratch. Her strength proves that even if you ignore rule 3, you can still gain exceptional power above other magicians who practice magic the normal way. However, the way she has built her magic still has to cover for rule 4.

So in summary, yes to Haigon. But to take that made up spell and make it useful/battle-worthy/efficient, you would need world class charisma.

To me it feels like that entire lecture on magic in NT2 was to give the readers the basic knowledge needed to understand why Leivinia Birdway is such an amazing magician. Yet another use of the Chekhov's Gun trope...nice Kamachi.
Old 2014-01-02, 03:43   Link #139
GranHom

Have they ever explain what really cause the phenomenon where espers damage themself if they try to use magic ?

And someone pls remind me why did Vento cough up blood when she infiltrated Academy City again.
GranHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 04:20   Link #140
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranHom View Post
Have they ever explain what really cause the phenomenon where espers damage themself if they try to use magic ?

And someone pls remind me why did Vento cough up blood when she infiltrated Academy City again.
They have since the beginning.

Long story short, The magic goes haywire because Espers have their bodies altered in a way that the 'normal' magic laws don't apply to them. Magic was originally created for normal people to gain power.

In the case of Vento, the manifestation of Fuze=Kazakiri has brought about a new set of laws in the form of the [Imaginary Number District], also known as the AIM field. And these new set of laws screw with the existing laws.

To use an analogy from the book-

Quote:

No matter how good a violinist was, he couldn’t use a violin with messed-up strings to play. It was the same with the messed-up laws.
....Also, magic uses life force as fuel. So screwing that up means screwing with your life.

Tags
memories, q&a