AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 08:32   Link #121
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
And wait you are defending a pathetic character (Akatsuki)while hating on an awesome one (Tatsuya)???
Hei is much more awesome than Tatsuya can ever be.
Akatsuki's not that bad, though.

Quote:
I'd rather see a character that is different from other LN MC's that he knows what he is doing,already powerful,great tactician,will kill you if you try to harm his sister,without all the morality crap and long winding speeches.
Oh, hating on Touma. Let's not sound hipster, shall we?

Quote:
It seems you are disliking him from the 7 eps of the anime and from browsing the translated LN's,so it seems you are missing many things and it is obvious from your arguments.
No shit, sir.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:36   Link #122
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hei is much more awesome than Tatsuya can ever be.
Akatsuki's not that bad, though.

Oh, hating on Touma. Let's not sound hipster, shall we?

No shit, sir.
Akatsuki???Kojou???awesome????!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with Touma,only his speeches,he's like the more talkative Tatsuya you know.

And you are hating on a character you barely know
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:55   Link #123
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I said HEI, meaning the guy in Darker than Black, and the one in your avatar.

Quote:
And you are hating on a character you barely know
I did mention breezing through the light novels. I don't want to read it fully because I know that I wouldn't enjoy it and I'm not a masochist.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2014-05-23, 09:04   Link #124
zerozeronine

Quote:
I said HEI, meaning the guy in Darker than Black, and the one in your avatar.

I did mention breezing through the light novels. I don't want to read it fully because I know that I wouldn't enjoy it and I'm not a masochist.
Haha,I misread it as He,sorry about that.

Read vol 3-4 first(the anime already covered vol's 1 and 2,it's enjoyable,just gloss over some repeated magic activation parts.If you want more action read vols 6-7(vol 7 for the most part) will give you gore,I mean action you are asking for.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 09:13   Link #125
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
If you want more action read vols 6-7(vol 7 for the most part) will give you gore,I mean action you are asking for.
I don't even want gore. I just want sparks to fly with magic spells flying at every corner.

Old 2014-05-23, 12:08   Link #126
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
I don't even want gore. I just want sparks to fly with magic spells flying at every corner.
Mahouka isn't something you'd get into, its not a battle orientated Ln. The action only plays a part in it, and while the fights are well written its still basically Tatsuya curb stomping everyone into the ground. Be best if you dropped it.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 17:21   Link #127
guestuser

^hey tatsuya already stop that since his opponent got to near his level and from volume 13 spoiler tatsuya was said to badly injure by his opponent and dont complain about self Restoration because that is mostly his enemy getting caught surprise
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 02:44   Link #128
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Change of topic: hmm what do you think the course 1, magitech,course 2, 1st high staffs, teachers, masaki and all 2-9 highschool will react once the identity of mr silver if it was reveal to the public eyes

What will usna, gaa and 10mc do if they learn this if mr silver was reveal not mahesvara ._.

Will they kidnap tatsuya for the sole purpose of forcing to make brand new magic for them?
Old 2014-05-24, 03:31   Link #129
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Change of topic: hmm what do you think the course 1, magitech,course 2, 1st high staffs, teachers, masaki and all 2-9 highschool will react once the identity of mr silver if it was reveal to the public eyes
Most likely they will be shocked that someone like that is actually going to a Magic School, instead of going straight to the Magic University.

Basically ... they will definitely try to investigate his background and learn why he isn't going to a Magic University yet... which will probably be enough to discover Tatsuya's ties with the Yotsuba clan.

Quote:
What will usna, gaa and 10mc do if they learn this if mr silver was reveal not mahesvara ._.
I think they would do the same as what I said in myanswer to you're first question ... try to discover his background and reasons why he hasn't went to a Magic University yet ... eventually discovering his connection with the Yotsuba family.

Quote:
Will they kidnap tatsuya for the sole purpose of forcing to make brand new magic for them?
Since they would most likely discover Tatsuya's connection with the Yotsuba, when they would be trying to discover his origins / background ... I doubt that there would be a lot of organizations who would want to mess with that Clan, considering the reputation that the Yotsuba have acquired after the 'Nightmare incident'
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 04:00   Link #130
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Most likely they will be shocked that someone like that is actually going to a Magic School, instead of going straight to the Magic University.

Basically ... they will definitely try to investigate his background and learn why he isn't going to a Magic University yet... which will probably be enough to discover Tatsuya's ties with the Yotsuba clan.

I think they would do the same as what I said in myanswer to you're first question ... try to discover his background and reasons why he hasn't went to a Magic University yet ... eventually discovering his connection with the Yotsuba family.

Since they would most likely discover Tatsuya's connection with the Yotsuba, when they would be trying to discover his origins / background ... I doubt that there would be a lot of organizations who would want to mess with that Clan, considering the reputation that the Yotsuba have acquired after the 'Nightmare incident'
I agree with you though I have funny feeling that hattori, morisaki, masaki and george will have there hope crush if they knew the truth because they can't beat him

Lastly course 1 will shocked beyond their expectation because there is course 2 student that is very op also this also crush the sorting system that stood for decades has been crush by tatsuya's silver persona
Old 2014-05-24, 12:35   Link #131
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
^hey tatsuya already stop that since his opponent got to near his level and from volume 13 spoiler tatsuya was said to badly injure by his opponent and dont complain about self Restoration because that is mostly his enemy getting caught surprise
Yes, but asking someone to hang around that far when everything beforehand is not really to there taste is asking too much. Tatsuya struggled a little with Lina (when she had bionic) which the Ln stressed that he only won because she was naive, not to mention the earlier parasites (visitor arc ones), who he needed help against to win.

Besides, Tatsuya's struggling seems more..........forced, especially compared to the majority of the Lns where the fight scenes play a much bigger part, and the mc is clearly getting his but kicked until something happens that reverses the situation.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-05-24 at 13:04. Reason: Word subsitude
Old 2014-05-24, 12:54   Link #132
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Yes, but asking someone to hang around that far when everything beforehand is not really to there taste is asking too much. He struggled a little with Lina bionic as well, and it stresses that he only won because she was naive, which left a time lag he made use of to win. Not to mention the parasites (visitor arc), who he needed help against to win.

Besides, Tatsuya's struggling seems more..........superficial, especially compared to the majority of the Lns where the fight scenes play a much bigger part, and the mc is clearly getting his but kicked until something happens that reverses the situation.
Ehh. I don't know. I rather see Tatsuya win than Touma beating Othinus in Index NT vol 10 with the power of understanding. Tatsuya's winning reminds me of Sora + Shiro in NGNL

I don't want to see black bullet either like how Rentaro beat Tina. I think Tatsuya's way of battling is more entertaining tbh
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 13:00   Link #133
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Ehh. I don't know. I rather see Tatsuya win than Touma beating Othinus in Index NT vol 10 with the power of understanding. Tatsuya's winning reminds me of Sora + Shiro in NGNL

I don't want to see black bullet either like how Rentaro beat Tina. I think Tatsuya's way of battling is more entertaining tbh
Touma makes me puke, god I hate index. And the fights there follow the same pattern each and every time, but some people prefer it. Actually, I would argue that the majority do, given how popular it is. Everyone has different tastes.

I never got past ln 3 for index, when it was clear it would keep following the same pattern.
Old 2014-05-24, 13:02   Link #134
guestuser

but i do wonder what would happen if tatsuya was to lose a fight because it sound like the author will not give him plot armor to protect him so it is either he die or get capture and experimented on
Old 2014-05-24, 13:09   Link #135
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
but i do wonder what would happen if tatsuya was to lose a fight because it sound like the author will not give him plot armor to protect him so it is either he die or get capture and experimented on
The Mahouka world will end? Actually, I would find that entertaining if it happens and Miyuki finds out, seeing/hearing her "unbeatable onii-sama" lose would be quite entertaining to read.

Still, the way it's building Tatsuya up as unbeatable compared to the more obvious opponents hes struggling against, it wouldn't be that surprising. As for the consequensces, depends on who he loses against, and there motives

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-05-24 at 14:12. Reason: Corrections
Old 2014-05-24, 13:14   Link #136
guestuser

Quote:
The Mahouka world will end? Actually, I would find that entertaining if it happens and Miyuki finds out, seeing/hearing her "unbeatable onii-sama" lose would be quite entertaining to read.
actually for some reason i see a huge vengeance arc if that happen because the story has two main so if one die the other can take over that once place hmmm could this be the reason why there is two main character
Old 2014-05-24, 13:15   Link #137
NeutralZero

Tatsuya sure is strong but not unbeatable...
if all preparations are made it is possible for him to lose
he is only unbeatable to Miyuki's obsess eyes...
but those who can pull this stunts are still probably unnamed yet or have yet to make an appearance
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 13:17   Link #138
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
actually for some reason i see a huge vengeance arc if that happen because the story has two main so if one die the other can take over that once place hmmm could this be the reason why there is two main character
That would be an interesting idea. And with her as a Mc, we could see the change in her after her beloved onii-sama dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Tatsuya sure is strong but not unbeatable...
if all preparations are made it is possible for him to lose
he is only unbeatable to Miyuki's obsess eyes...
but those who can pull this stunts are still probably unnamed yet or have yet to make an appearance
Indeed, and the bar is set high. Three powerful world renown magicians (Sirus, Maya, Lu Gonghu) have been introduced and they couldn't win. Especially the last, he was really disappointing.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-05-24 at 13:31.
Old 2014-05-24, 13:48   Link #139
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Indeed, and the bar is set high. Three powerful world renown magicians (Sirus, Maya, Lu Gonghu) have been introduced and they couldn't win. Especially the last, he was really disappointing.
You think a martial artist can fight a sniper?

p.s. I went to the birthplace of Mahouka (net novel site) and found something interesting. Each chapter in Mahouka was given a title and the title of the chapter that Tatsuya attacked No-head Dragon is [Sniper]. It seems the author already officially made him a sniper type character.(I always thought he is but never know it's already been official)
Old 2014-05-24, 14:02   Link #140
NeutralZero

Tatsuya may indeed be the sniper but he's a sniper that can go toe to toe to a martial artist as he is also one unless the oponent is of Yakumo and the likes

also if him losing even once (as long as it is not Masaki or George and known charac weaker than him) in a serious fight can cause a change in Miyuki esp her obsession then it would be nice if it happen... as long as once
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic awesome badass