AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite μ's idols?
Honoka Kosaka 24 23.30%
Kotori Minami 22 21.36%
Umi Sonoda 23 22.33%
Eli Ayase 25 24.27%
Nozomi Tojo 23 22.33%
Nico Yazawa 27 26.21%
Rin Hoshizora 22 21.36%
Hanayo Koizumi 14 13.59%
Maki Nishikino 42 40.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-07-21, 23:33   Link #121
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Is it me, or is the new event song super easy
or maybe it looks that way cuz i have only been playing expert songs..
Easy and Normal Mode were so freaking slow. I Full Combo'd both modes in my first try, which is incredibly rare for me.

I'll try doing Hard Mode tomorrow.

On another note, Happy Birthday, Nico!

Old 2014-07-22, 01:33   Link #122
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Is it me, or is the new event song super easy
or maybe it looks that way cuz i have only been playing expert songs..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bila View Post
No it's super easy, way easier then the last ones.
Fc'd in the second try
You guys just make me realize how bad I am at rhythm game. The hard one murdered me.

[edit]
Oh wow, 5 gems from Nico birthday. Happy Birthday, Nico .

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2014-07-22 at 05:33.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 22:48   Link #123
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

This is why I can't really enjoy this game .

Burst my ass out today, doing today Hard (haven't done it before), and the 3 Expert song. At one point, i don't even know what i was hitting anymore. So got through it, started to feel the thrill of the challenge!! Got 4 hearts, so pressed the special recruit. Got a... rare Honoka which i already had Idolized version off....

Felt like crap. Like all of these attempts have gone unrewarded, and the sense of achievement from doing something extraordinary... gone. I rather they didn't give love gem, but give me a medal, or unlock a story fragment instead. At least felt rewarded. And as I can't really bother with the event btw. Too busy with real life to play games right in the morning, or during the day to keep myself competitive, or even to get the SR card. So feel like there is no incentive at all for me to play this game, except when a new song coming out and i want to challenge it

I don't have a degree on gaming design to know if it will be better this way. But if it was me, I will remove those heart gems, so friend points have chance to draw SR and UR. Then you can earn friend points for every songs like current gold, maybe 20-30 each or something. Except once you finish a hard song, playing another one within 30 minutes will give you a lot more friend points, and it will accumulate (let say up to 10 or 20 consecutive songs) so if you do 10 in a row, you can get up to 300 friends point per song. That way the casual players can take it easy play a bit every few hours during the week. While the more hardcore or have money to burn, simply can sit down during the weekend, pay 10$ or so to buy energy and playing consecutively for hours to get up to thousands of friend points.

That gives the basis of paying = more conveniences, rather than paying to access better cards like currently

And i will also remove the song failure results in energy lost. You will have energy back, but the actual song will be locked for an hour instead. Keep player desire to try and master an expert song, but still limit the amount of attempts they can do so they can't master songs too fast.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-07-22 at 23:07.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 23:13   Link #124
Yye1
Wide Right

^ if you hate the game so much, dont play it

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 23:51   Link #125
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
^ if you hate the game so much, dont play it
You probably also kill yourself every time you hate your life?

Or hang around hoping it will get better one day?
Old 2014-07-23, 01:20   Link #126
Yye1
Wide Right

At least i dont whine about it on a forum, I would actually take steps to make it better

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2014-07-23, 01:25   Link #127
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Is doing daily song has anything better than the normal ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Felt like crap. Like all of these attempts have gone unrewarded, and the sense of achievement from doing something extraordinary... gone. I rather they didn't give love gem, but give me a medal, or unlock a story fragment instead. At least felt rewarded. And as I can't really bother with the event btw. Too busy with real life to play games right in the morning, or during the day to keep myself competitive, or even to get the SR card. So feel like there is no incentive at all for me to play this game, except when a new song coming out and i want to challenge it
Isn't that basically every F2P mobile game?
Also, I'd say that the profit they get from the games goes against what you're suggesting. I actually think this game is much more generous than every F2P games I have ever played on mobile. Just save up all your gems for the day that give out SR for each 11 Honor roll.
Old 2014-07-23, 02:55   Link #128
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
At least i dont whine about it on a forum, I would actually take steps to make it better
Oh, where else more appropriate to whine about an IOS game then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Is doing daily song has anything better than the normal ones?

Isn't that basically every F2P mobile game?
Also, I'd say that the profit they get from the games goes against what you're suggesting. I actually think this game is much more generous than every F2P games I have ever played on mobile. Just save up all your gems for the day that give out SR for each 11 Honor roll.
It's not a good model through.

As we all knew that Zynga championed in it , and despite all those profits, it's all short term and at the cost of terrible review on company names. They also hasn't contributed much, if any into the gaming industries.

And considering Love Live is a project on multiple media platforms. They could have had a smarter, more innovative model. I'm looking at Kancolle here and how innovative could pay off in long term. And KanColle was not even main stream, and basically built things out of thin air. Love Live meanwhile could have gone through multiple platforms: music, live shows, anime, manga due to its nature and built up fandoms from there on

You can check out the Extra Credits on TCG games model in general, fairly interesting to see it from the game designer perspective (it has 3 parts through) ^^:

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-07-23 at 03:30.
Old 2014-07-23, 03:06   Link #129
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
It's not a good model through.

As we all knew that Zynga championed in it , and despite all those profits, they have terrible review, and hasn't contributed much, if any into the gaming industries.

And considering Love Live is a project on multiple media platforms. They could have had a smarter, more innovative model. I'm looking at Kancolle here and how innovative could pay off in long term
It's a good model business wise. The reviews doesn't stop the revenue, so unless you can stop people from playing I don't think it will matter much. I just stopped playing anything that I can't enjoy, because it's futile to be annoyed by such thing when there are too many things else to play.

Kancolle has the same model as every browser games I've played so far (King & Legends, Sword Girls Online, etc). I'm not sure if we could just compare the 2. Despite the popularity, I don't hear the report of Kancolle's revenue could reach to the lowest of Sega's mobile franchise.
Old 2014-07-23, 03:36   Link #130
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
It's a good model business wise. The reviews doesn't stop the revenue, so unless you can stop people from playing I don't think it will matter much. I just stopped playing anything that I can't enjoy, because it's futile to be annoyed by such thing when there are too many things else to play.

Kancolle has the same model as every browser games I've played so far (King & Legends, Sword Girls Online, etc). I'm not sure if we could just compare the 2. Despite the popularity, I don't hear the report of Kancolle's revenue could reach to the lowest of Sega's mobile franchise.
No seriously, watched those two video i posted above. And you see the difference between Kancolle and let say Love Live in this case.

There are more than just short term on Kancolle market. You see all those figures and just think which anime, manga ever came close to such high releases in such short term. See the effect of hosting Kancolle on DMM name. Or on Kadawa overall. And all these waves of doujin and fan arts....

Swordgirls could not even dream to get a portion of this
Old 2014-07-23, 03:50   Link #131
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Kancolle, from the beginning, isn't even aim for that long term, honestly. It's a small fun project that DMM hosted with an aim to 2000 players and it was created after a drinking party. They didn't choose that model because they aim for it to be a hit, but because they didn't expect it to be anything big. Now if you play any of DMM games prior to Kancolle, it's not much different to other browser games.

For that, you could ask Klashikari or Lantern for more information. It's just something I heard from them.

But really, I don't know why we're sitting here arguing. If it's not pleasing to you, you could just stop playing them, honestly. They won't change the model, like how PAD has lived long enough to this day and remain one of the top profitable mobile games without changing a single thing in its game system/mechanic, and I consider Love Live to be much more generous to players than that game.
Old 2014-07-23, 06:23   Link #132
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Kancolle, from the beginning, isn't even aim for that long term, honestly. It's a small fun project that DMM hosted with an aim to 2000 players and it was created after a drinking party. They didn't choose that model because they aim for it to be a hit, but because they didn't expect it to be anything big. Now if you play any of DMM games prior to Kancolle, it's not much different to other browser games.

For that, you could ask Klashikari or Lantern for more information. It's just something I heard from them.

But really, I don't know why we're sitting here arguing. If it's not pleasing to you, you could just stop playing them, honestly. They won't change the model, like how PAD has lived long enough to this day and remain one of the top profitable mobile games without changing a single thing in its game system/mechanic, and I consider Love Live to be much more generous to players than that game.
I heard about the "drinking party" things from KanColle. But to be honest, I think they have planned it big since the start, considering the investment on the game mechanisms, fully voiced characters, room for future mechanisms, and so on. Also notice how KanColle was one of DMM flagship on changing its image so surely they didn't take it easy. If you look at Love Live, where the main cast aside, the other character (understandingly) don't have a voice actresses for the few lines they had, just to show that KanColle was never set sailed as a joke project in the first place.

Why shouldn't we talk about the Love Live marketing model through? We only have this one thread, and it was not like there is much other discussion to talk about in the first place anyway. And I also pointed out both the positive and negative things Love Live can offer, rather than 'this game sucks, full stop' didn't I?

(Furthermore there would be A LOT fewer discussions on any forum, if people only discuss about what they can change)
Old 2014-07-23, 06:58   Link #133
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

Why shouldn't we talk about the Love Live marketing model through? We only have this one thread, and it was not like there is much other discussion to talk about in the first place anyway. And I also pointed out both the positive and negative things Love Live can offer, rather than 'this game sucks, full stop' didn't I?
Discussion is one thing but repeatedly rage posting about how you're on the verge of quitting every time you get an unlucky series of scouting attempts is another. I think you'd find people less irritated and more open to discussion if you'd stop prefacing your arguments with these kinds of posts.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 08:01   Link #134
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I heard about the "drinking party" things from KanColle. But to be honest, I think they have planned it big since the start, considering the investment on the game mechanisms, fully voiced characters, room for future mechanisms, and so on. Also notice how KanColle was one of DMM flagship on changing its image so surely they didn't take it easy. If you look at Love Live, where the main cast aside, the other character (understandingly) don't have a voice actresses for the few lines they had, just to show that KanColle was never set sailed as a joke project in the first place.
It's on the same level as a doujin game when it's launched. There are a lot of doujin games that are fully voiced (I can hardly say that Kancolle is fully voiced, given each of them has roughly 2 pages of dialogue at most). Some of Aquastyle games look like it has higher budget than Kancolle honestly.

I actually believe it's a kind of side project from DMM, seeing how fast they encountered the shortage of server slots as soon as the game launched.

Also, it's not about discussing thing that can change or not. It's about being upset at thing we have no control whatsoever. The game can be played fine with R units alone. You just fell into the trap of chasing that UR and SR that they use to bait people to spend money.

If you want a proper Love Live rhythm game, I think this one is better for you.
Old 2014-07-23, 16:49   Link #135
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Discussion is one thing but repeatedly rage posting about how you're on the verge of quitting every time you get an unlucky series of scouting attempts is another. I think you'd find people less irritated and more open to discussion if you'd stop prefacing your arguments with these kinds of posts.
It's on several different things through. There is rages about not getting any cards(business model decision). There are rages about how punishing the game is ( game designing). Also sudden disconnect and lost of waiting time (server maintenance and operation). But these are posts which i try to re analyse why there is a problem with this game business model in the first place, and how the spinning of the dices called recruit could do the game more harm than not.

Quote:
It's on the same level as a doujin game when it's launched. There are a lot of doujin games that are fully voiced (I can hardly say that Kancolle is fully voiced, given each of them has roughly 2 pages of dialogue at most). Some of Aquastyle games look like it has higher budget than Kancolle honestly.

I actually believe it's a kind of side project from DMM, seeing how fast they encountered the shortage of server slots as soon as the game launched.

Also, it's not about discussing thing that can change or not. It's about being upset at thing we have no control whatsoever. The game can be played fine with R units alone. You just fell into the trap of chasing that UR and SR that they use to bait people to spend money.

If you want a proper Love Live rhythm game, I think this one is better for you.
Once again, i don't see why we shouldn't be upset by things that we have no control over.

The fact is, there are alternatives to make the game less annoying (or like guys from "Extra Credits" said "doesn't seems like they are only trying to distort money out of players"). Cause in long term this would hurt the game and the industries more than most.

I means even you also said just playing the game for free and let others pay for it.... Maybe that's why you don' feel the need to as you content to be free player. But if you have players like me who want to pay for it, but realise this business model is going nowhere, then surely it is a case of lost customers, right?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-07-23 at 17:00.
Old 2014-07-23, 21:12   Link #136
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Once again, i don't see why we shouldn't be upset by things that we have no control over.

The fact is, there are alternatives to make the game less annoying (or like guys from "Extra Credits" said "doesn't seems like they are only trying to distort money out of players"). Cause in long term this would hurt the game and the industries more than most.

I means even you also said just playing the game for free and let others pay for it.... Maybe that's why you don' feel the need to as you content to be free player. But if you have players like me who want to pay for it, but realise this business model is going nowhere, then surely it is a case of lost customers, right?
Because the only thing it does is upsetting you? I'm not defending the game. I'm just saying this as a forum fellow who think you shouldn't waste time upsetting at something you don't have any control whatsoever, but if you feel the need to do that then by all mean.

I will spend money on the game when I feel like I get enough from it. The game is pretty different from other browser game is that it's partial skill based, like PAD, so even if you're spending a lot, it doesn't guarantee you will pass all the game's content. On the other hand, with a proper team comp, even will all the free stuff, it's still enough for the players to beat all content with moderate effort. Kancolle is different since the only thing you need to do is researching the game before hand and grind stuffs. It still has that gacha feature as LSC, where you spend a lot and doesn't guarantee anything. Similar how you accumulate love gem and spend it.

The game isn't that punishing either, compares to a bunch of console games where you pay $60 upfront that will make you rage. Instead of mindless spending love gems, you could just take your time participating in the event with the guaranteed SR reward.

Really, the only thing I could complain about the game is it doesn't have practice mode.
Old 2014-07-24, 19:19   Link #137
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Because the only thing it does is upsetting you? I'm not defending the game. I'm just saying this as a forum fellow who think you shouldn't waste time upsetting at something you don't have any control whatsoever, but if you feel the need to do that then by all mean.

I will spend money on the game when I feel like I get enough from it. The game is pretty different from other browser game is that it's partial skill based, like PAD, so even if you're spending a lot, it doesn't guarantee you will pass all the game's content. On the other hand, with a proper team comp, even will all the free stuff, it's still enough for the players to beat all content with moderate effort. Kancolle is different since the only thing you need to do is researching the game before hand and grind stuffs. It still has that gacha feature as LSC, where you spend a lot and doesn't guarantee anything. Similar how you accumulate love gem and spend it.

The game isn't that punishing either, compares to a bunch of console games where you pay $60 upfront that will make you rage. Instead of mindless spending love gems, you could just take your time participating in the event with the guaranteed SR reward.

Really, the only thing I could complain about the game is it doesn't have practice mode.
I guess I just had a higher rage meter when you have higher hope for a game, and see them failed to deliver it

I means I probably played a thousands TCG games before, and once I see a game that it can't be redeemed , then almost always I will simply walk away. But if they seems to have potential, and they mess it up, then it just bug you more, you know.
Old 2014-07-24, 22:48   Link #138
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I like dis game.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 20:35   Link #139
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Well this is fun, more fans!

Can you guess my favorites?

edit* What does everyone think of the Snow Halation expert?

Last edited by crunchytaco; 2014-07-25 at 20:46.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 00:19   Link #140
Yye1
Wide Right

Ugh, the expert mode kinda killed a bit of my enjoyment of the song, like what happened with soldier game