AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-12-03, 15:04   Link #121
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
What can the round table do to stop crimes though?
If i remember shiroe got rid of his rights to the guild hall, people here are mostly immortal so they cant be forced through death and suiciding can be used for any type of trapping. And now what Isaac said could come true, if a large guild comes in for havoc the round table cant do anything to stop them.

the only reason Akiba has calmed down is because most bad players went to Suskino and the economy is revived so people have other things to do. These things just make most people not want to hunt other players but not all players, so is there anything that can stop PKers?
By now, the major guilds are willing to cooperate each other and follow the rules they set down. Considering that some of the people within Akiba are the strongest in the server, I don't think any guild is just going to try and start a ruckus.

As for PKers ... they might do things the Soujirou way pre-Round Table and threaten to hunt them until they stop. Or maybe Shiroe intends to deal with that now that he's returned to Akiba.
Old 2013-12-03, 16:27   Link #122
J4n1

If they loose the access to the bank, they loose access to most of their assets, and anything they accumulate will be in danger of being lost if they die.

Loosing access to the bank, especially for a big powerful guild, would be a huge blow, practically forcing them to leave to another player city, and that ain't easy now with no teleport gates.

What Shiroe gave them was basically a loose loose situation, they can leave, or they can fight, and be forced to leave, possibly after expensive losses.
Only way to win, was to go with Shiroes plan, or at the minimum not oppose it.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 18:23   Link #123
Quol
That Guy

But after
Spoiler for future novel stuff:

With this the round table is basically just a dog that barks, they can send out battle guilds to kill PKers but they will just respawn and continue. Also it has been addressed in the Soujiro spin off, they will attack when no one is around and run away when found. And now Isaac's threat can start, if a big foreign battle guild comes in Akiba wouldnt be able to do much.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 19:59   Link #124
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
But after
Spoiler for future novel stuff:

With this the round table is basically just a dog that barks, they can send out battle guilds to kill PKers but they will just respawn and continue. Also it has been addressed in the Soujiro spin off, they will attack when no one is around and run away when found. And now Isaac's threat can start, if a big foreign battle guild comes in Akiba wouldnt be able to do much.
Probably a problem Shiroe will address now that he's back in Akiba.

By the way ... where are the Black Sword Knights and Honesty during volumes 6 and 7? Actually, where is Honesty to begin with? Pretty sure they haven't done anything since volume 2/3, and probably barely mentioned if at all in volume 5.
Old 2013-12-03, 20:12   Link #125
tsunade666

honesty are more like spy network adventurer. So they are probably the one Shiroe coordinating with in data gathering. That's their specialty as a battle guild.
Old 2013-12-03, 20:49   Link #126
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually Honesty's reputation was they were a battle guild that shared info on how to clear difficult raids (via internet FAQs), when they themselves cleared one. These were the type of guys who updated entries on Wikis regularly upon the clearance of a quest.
Old 2013-12-03, 21:14   Link #127
tsunade666

that's why I said data gatherers.They are type that do raid but mostly they put effort in sharing information. They spread information of cleared map or new information that was found on the raid. Now, they are probably spread through the lands. Trying to spread the network of information.
Old 2013-12-08, 11:42   Link #128
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

WWB ch9 incoming
Old 2013-12-08, 16:04   Link #129
Avaricia
My Lord

Spoiler for Monster:
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 17:16   Link #130
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Spoiler for Monster:
Just the way I like it.

Although lately, I'm liking Isaac more.
Old 2013-12-08, 17:47   Link #131
tsunade666

Isaac is such a cute tsundere
Old 2013-12-08, 18:05   Link #132
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Another nice chapter, Soujiro seems to fell alot of admiration for Shiroe, it's almost like Shiroe was more influencial on Soujiro than Kanami.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 18:49   Link #133
tsunade666

Kanami has more influence on Shiroe while Shiroe has more influence on Souji.
Old 2013-12-08, 19:02   Link #134
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Isaac is such a cute tsundere
Tsundere, implied badass (no novel fight scenes yet ;_, and his hair is massively entertaining.

And it seems as though it would bee so fun to mess around with him. But only if the person doing the messing around is badass too.

Random questions about the chapter, now that I think about it:
Spoiler:

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2013-12-08 at 20:35.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 03:42   Link #135
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Is the "Spinning Kimono Girl cliche" a reference to some apparent thing in Japan where spinning a girl apparently means having sex with her ...? I heard about that at one point, but I'm not sure if it's true.
Nah, it's a cliche from old samurai shows.

It's actually called "obi-mawashi", when a evil daikan (magistrate) forces a peasant girl to have sex with him, and he grabs the obi (sash) of her kimono and yanks it, making her go spinning while clothes come off.
Old 2013-12-09, 04:26   Link #136
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Tsundere, implied badass (no novel fight scenes yet ;_, and his hair is massively entertaining.

And it seems as though it would bee so fun to mess around with him. But only if the person doing the messing around is badass too.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-12-09, 16:44   Link #137
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post

Spoiler:
Soujirou is your average "nice, super powerful guy but a bit slow and as dense as a brick" harem leads.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 19:40   Link #138
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Soujirou is your average "nice, super powerful guy but a bit slow and as dense as a brick" harem leads.
The good thing about him is that he knows he's not that smart and that's he a bit slow and he doesn't let it get him down.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 22:37   Link #139
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The good thing about him is that he knows he's not that smart and that's he a bit slow and he doesn't let it get him down.
And he has found himself some smart people to do his thinking for him (ie. Shiroe).
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 22:51   Link #140
tsunade666

Souji got his whole harem/guild to back him up.