AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-06-16, 23:45   Link #121
Zhemos

Whoa, thats stupid. I'm for the heat, and I don't like this.

It was a hard foul. If it was intentional they would have ejected him from the game right then and there. I've never heard of anything like this before.
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 00:10   Link #122
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

What works for the Heat works. I agree with wing, they'll take it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 00:47   Link #123
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The NBA is a joke..Miami is my team, but still...I remember when what Stackhouse did wouldn't be anything but a normal personal foul..I think ESPN had a little bit to do with this as they pimped-out the highlight a thousand times and everybody was saying he should get suspended...It's unfortunate, but if it helps the Heat they'll take it...
I dunno, lots of people were also saying it shouldn't be a suspension either. I think the problem is two-fold from the league's perspective. 1) They've already set a pattern on how they're calling them. Stackhouse's play was more excessive than, say, Artest's, and Artest picked up a suspension for that one. 2) Stackhouse has a bit of a history of flying out of nowhere, completely out of control, and planting opposing players in the stands (I'm pretty sure he's the guy who got Joe Johnson last year as well). Which is amusing because it's not like he plays much defense most of the time.

I'm a Spurs fan (though I do live in Dallas), so I don't really care which team wins one way or the other, but I have to agree with wing: the changes to officiating in the last five or so years do not make me like the NBA more. I've actually watched less of this Finals than any since the Detroit - Portland series waaaaaaaaay back. Between the illegal screens they're no longer calling, the ridiculous amounts of post contact they allow, the completely arbitrary "You can't get a charge if you're inside this circle", and the no touching rules on the perimeter I don't know how much more I can take. I never thought I'd see the day when INTERNATIONAL basketball was rougher than the NBA.

As a matter of fact, if they're going to mess with the rules so much, I'd rather they just introduced the international rules completely. At least then players wouldn't look so clueless in the Olympics or the WC.
Old 2006-06-17, 01:23   Link #124
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I sense another Terry breakout, since Stackhouse is gone for game 5. I'm a Heat fan though, and the hard foul is really uncalled for. It's not right to ride a 340 pound giant on a fast break, who knows who could have been killed.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 02:52   Link #125
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I dunno, lots of people were also saying it shouldn't be a suspension either. I think the problem is two-fold from the league's perspective. 1) They've already set a pattern on how they're calling them. Stackhouse's play was more excessive than, say, Artest's, and Artest picked up a suspension for that one. 2) Stackhouse has a bit of a history of flying out of nowhere, completely out of control, and planting opposing players in the stands (I'm pretty sure he's the guy who got Joe Johnson last year as well). Which is amusing because it's not like he plays much defense most of the time.
His history even goes back further than this as he got into a heated fight with then Utah Jazz player Jeff Hornacek after he erradictly fouled him with malice then basically embarrassed him on the court by beating on the little guy...So I see the precedence, I just disagree with the NBA in general in-terms of their new propensity for this...and the ESPN overkill is always a factor in these things...
Old 2006-06-17, 07:00   Link #126
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I hope the Heat capitalize on the lack of Stackhouse. That way, they can concentrate their defense on Nowitzki, Howard, and Terry. That's better than thinking about Stack.
Old 2006-06-18, 19:29   Link #127
VTR

Game 5 is going to be exiting. I pulling for Wade and the Heats.
VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 21:02   Link #128
Ghettobob
GTO Fan!

Send a message via AIM to Ghettobob Send a message via MSN to Ghettobob Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettobob
I live in Miami and everything..But I'm really going for Dallas. It's been my favorite team for several years.

I think Dallas will still win the series. Miami can't beat them at home
Ghettobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 23:42   Link #129
SlugZilla
woofles

Heat win the overtime thriller! What a game it was, it was far and away the best especially watching Wade's clutch performance.
D-Wade was unstoppable in the late game, he is the finals MVP and the reason why the Heat are back in contention. Oh it's goin to game 7 alright.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 23:46   Link #130
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
Heat win the overtime thriller! What a game it was, it was far and away the best especially watching Wade's clutch performance.
D-Wade was unstoppable in the late game, he is the finals MVP and the reason why the Heat are back in contention. Oh it's goin to game 7 alright.
Now way, it's going to be done in 6!
Old 2006-06-19, 00:44   Link #131
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Dwayne Wade is one of the best players in the NBA, no doubt. He's sensational and has been great to watch in the finals. I'm for the Heat. Always been a Shaq fan and Wade is one of my new favorite players.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 00:49   Link #132
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
I sense another Terry breakout, since Stackhouse is gone for game 5. I'm a Heat fan though, and the hard foul is really uncalled for. It's not right to ride a 340 pound giant on a fast break, who knows who could have been killed.
You, sir, are an excellent prognosticator.

Too bad the Mavs wasted such a great performance by him. Is anyone else waiting for Dirk Nowitzki to show up? I mean, I watched him torch my beloved Spurs for this? What the hell? If he was going to suck eggs this badly in the Finals, he could have let the Spurs go instead.
Old 2006-06-19, 01:29   Link #133
4BiddenKnight

Wade with a helluva game. Howard messed up with that timeout there (might be to disrupt Wade's rhythm).

This years finals isn't as great as I make it out to be. I thought 2 1st time finalist would make an exciting finals, but instead Miami I thought laid an egg in both game 1 and 2. Then the Mavs laid an egg in game 4. Game 5 was better but it ended with a bonehead decision by Howard.

I sure wish defenders can get physical when players like Wade, LeBron goes for a lay up or dunk. This makes their efforts even more spectacular.
4BiddenKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 09:06   Link #134
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That win by Wade made my day. He was simply spectacular despite the early shooting woes.
Old 2006-06-20, 08:53   Link #135
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Oh, and bump!
Old 2006-06-20, 23:02   Link #136
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Miami Heat, 2006 NBA World Champions.
Old 2006-06-20, 23:03   Link #137
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Miami wins!!!

A great team effort (most of the time, but Wade was above all). And Dallas failed unbelievably,hopefully they will come again next year - they fought well.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 23:07   Link #138
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Either of them deserved the title this year, because they both defeated the heavy favorites Detroit and San Antonio.

Wade is just so Jordanesque (except his last 2 freethrows) in the whole finals, which makes me wonder how really good can he really become.

Glad to see Zo, GP getting their rings. Now they'll gladly retire, haha.
Old 2006-06-20, 23:07   Link #139
SlugZilla
woofles

Wow, Heat overcame the odds to take home the trophy. Didn't think they could win 4 straight but it took a huge breakdown by the Dallas team. Congratulations to the Miami Heat, the NBA champions. Tonight it wasn't just Wade, Haslem was huge getting all the important rebounds and shooting well over 50% and Mourning had 5 blocks. Dallas had a lot of opportunities but they simply choked, they lost this series for themselves by bad decisions and missed free throws.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 23:24   Link #140
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
Wade is just so Jordanesque (except his last 2 freethrows) in the whole finals, which makes me wonder how really good can he really become.

Glad to see Zo, GP getting their rings. Now they'll gladly retire, haha.
When Wade is out or not in charge Miami fell behind. When he took control and drew the others on himself, he made some spectacular plays (I guess what you call Jordanesque - he had similar plays in the previous games).

You are right about Alonzo and Payton. They did what Malone couldn't - but Malone couldn't accept a role like Alonzo. Anyway, I am also happy for Riley, he is a great coach, he took risks with changing the seats, bringing first Shaq, and then bringing other complemetary players. He could have failed as Phil Jackson failed with Lakers, but it didn't happen. Thankfully, neither Shaq nor Wade had Kobe's character.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote