AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 02:51   Link #121
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
so how exactly would you go about describing his path way later in the sequel? his path is a path filled with righteousness with good intentions, but yet at the same time, it is a path filled with agony, turmoil, and no regrets?

who is to say if his current path in the novels is right or wrong? regardless of how he is doing it. that is up to the reader to decide. but his actions much later says to me he chose the wrong path of how to achieve his goals.
well, agreed. but there are 2 points actually.

- 1st point is that his path will result in the least amount of sacrifices, much like Refal (at least from what we can see now). and the fact Ryner wants to save every single life eventually results in him
Spoiler for Ryner pawnage, bad-ass spoiler:
But I'm not saying he's going the wrong path either. just a matter of perspective.

- 2nd point is that Sion knows the true nature of the legendary powers and believes that his path is necessary to save everyone in the end.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 04:30   Link #122
Used Can

I cannot say Sion's path is wrong, my problem is Sion is how he behaves as if he was a martyr. It's always:

Sion: BAAW WHY HAVE I GOT TO DO BAD SHIT?
Soldier: Sir, we're doing some shit over here, do we proceed?
Sion: Yes, do all that shit.
Soldier: Yes, sir!
Sion: BAAAAW, WHY DID THINGS TURN OUT LIKE THIS?

Seriously, every time I read his lines I cannot help but to think "stop being so spoiled".

But, either way, I've got to agree Ryner is too naive. However, unlike Sion, he got a hold on himself. Well, mostly.
Old 2010-10-25, 14:34   Link #123
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Wow, thanks for the reply! I didn't catch that Sion had fabricated a story to the taboo-breaker squad. That's probably why I was confused on that point! @_@

Larethian, I wish I could help you! It must be really hard doing all this work by yourself. So, really thank you very much for what you have done so far. I know I for one really appreciate it! I hope to one day be fluent in the language, but I'm just starting out.

As for Sion, I can only hope that he is given some form of redemption by the author and that he and Ryner can find reconciliation (yeah, I know I'm overly optimistic)...even if it's while one is dying. As it was said, since the story isn't finished yet, whose to say which character chose that right path, or maybe both had to go on the paths they did so that history didn't repeat itself. From what I gather from you all the Mad Hero didn't want the Lonely Demon to be alone, and the L. D. willingly gave himself to the M.H. and after that the world was destroyed and reborn. I really don't know this aspect of the story so I'm shootin' in the dark here! But, maybe there's a better ending than what happened before.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 16:33   Link #124
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Can anyone tell me about the relationship between Ryner and Pia!? How did they meet for the first time!? And how is Pia!? A b!tch!?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 14:31   Link #125
simonljackson

Reading novels

Hey there, I have been watching the anime like most of the other people here and would like to know is there any way for me to read up the story via the novels or something; considering I can only speak/read in English or is that not possible?

Thanks!!!
Simon
simonljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 17:27   Link #126
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so what is the current situation on recent novel
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 23:04   Link #127
Wargumm1i
Hentai

When Sion first became king of Roland. It was a very difficult situation, the country was a mess, the nobles of the country almost all of them were and still are greedy bastards that would kill Sion the first moment they got.

Lucile of The house of Eris, said and will take Sions head of if he makes mistakes or something like that... its pretty hard to see what is a "mistake" so far.

Im not going to say that Sion is all innocent, there are times where things could have gone different.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 01:47   Link #128
Used Can

Hey larethian, perchance, do you remember the page in vol6 in which Ryner and Ferris were hugging each other? A friend of mine wants me to translate that scene from him, but I cannot remember where exactly it was, and my skill are not that good to find it easily - a least, without taking a lot of time. (I think there was another nice scene in vol3, if I remember correctly. I'd also like to translate that one.)

I can post the translation here (if I get the page number), if anyone wants.
Old 2010-11-01, 01:50   Link #129
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
When Sion first became king of Roland. It was a very difficult situation, the country was a mess, the nobles of the country almost all of them were and still are greedy bastards that would kill Sion the first moment they got.

Lucile of The house of Eris, said and will take Sions head of if he makes mistakes or something like that... its pretty hard to see what is a "mistake" so far.
i'm considering we're only talking about the anime? then it was a mistake to trust miran froaude. the guy is a loose cannon and i'm pretty sure sion damn well knows it too. sion is playing with fire the longer he keeps him around. i mean sure, miran helped kill the corrupted nobles much sooner than sion anticipated, but when miran plans his own agendas without letting sion know is drawing the line. it'll only make things much worse later down the road.

Spoiler for novel mistake:
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 03:10   Link #130
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hey larethian, perchance, do you remember the page in vol6 in which Ryner and Ferris were hugging each other? A friend of mine wants me to translate that scene from him, but I cannot remember where exactly it was, and my skill are not that good to find it easily - a least, without taking a lot of time. (I think there was another nice scene in vol3, if I remember correctly. I'd also like to translate that one.)

I can post the translation here (if I get the page number), if anyone wants.
please feel free to go ahead, you can translate whatever you want to. if you just like a segment or a part of any chapter, you can translate it, there is no requirement at all. you can work on a chapter for half a year or even more for all I care. every little helps. anyone can work/edit it since it's a wiki project.

but do let me know what exactly you are working on and I'll register it for you, or you can register the part at the registration page at B-T yourself, so that no others will do duplicate work.

since both are fight scenes, it will be great if you guys can work the entire fight scene if not the full chapter, though this is not a prerequisite . if you really just want to translate a few pages, just feel free.

and I won't be translating much this month because I'll be on a number of business trips, so there will be less updates. in fact, I'm already accumulating anime
Old 2010-11-01, 03:14   Link #131
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i'm considering we're only talking about the anime? then it was a mistake to trust miran froaude. the guy is a loose cannon and i'm pretty sure sion damn well knows it too. sion is playing with fire the longer he keeps him around. i mean sure, miran helped kill the corrupted nobles much sooner than sion anticipated, but when miran plans his own agendas without letting sion know is drawing the line. it'll only make things much worse later down the road.

Spoiler for novel mistake:
Spoiler for Sion contract:
Old 2010-11-01, 03:39   Link #132
larethian

@Used Can
For volume 3, the battle begins on page 220, and ends on page 286.
Ryner x Ferris starts from page 259.

If you have difficulty with some sentences, you can post it at B-T forums Auxillary Brigade The Legend of The Legendary Heroes, and there will be a number of people to help.
Old 2010-11-01, 03:45   Link #133
Used Can

Thank you, hopefully, I'll be able to have those translations by Sunday.
Can you also give me the pages for the hug scene in volume 6?
Old 2010-11-01, 04:21   Link #134
larethian

Quote:
Thank you, hopefully, I'll be able to have those translations by Sunday.
Can you also give me the pages for the hug scene in volume 6?
For volume 6, the battle starts in chapter 4, ie. page 148.
For Ryner x Ferris, this is really up to you but you might want to start when
Spoiler for very major spoiler Dai DYD vol 6 awakening battle:
While the entire battle between Gastark and Geihlficlant, hasn't ended, this fight segment ends on page 258.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:45   Link #135
Johnny
Working the bags...

Wow, that would be an epic battle and scene if it ever gets animated...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:15   Link #136
Used Can

I was just checking those scenes, I guess I'll take me some time to translate them. I'm not sure if I can get that done by Sunday, since it's more than 100 pages. But I guess I can try.

I'd like to translate the part in which Ferris says she wants to invite everyone (but Voice) to eat Dango.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:07   Link #137
larethian

Quote:
I was just checking those scenes, I guess I'll take me some time to translate them. I'm not sure if I can get that done by Sunday, since it's more than 100 pages. But I guess I can try.

I'd like to translate the part in which Ferris says she wants to invite everyone (but Voice) to eat Dango.
No offense and not wanting to pour cold water, but that's quite unlikely unless you are doing this full-time. But it will be really awesome if you can do it that fast!

Just a note, even if one is very proficient in Japanese, it takes time to get used to reformulating a sentence in English. Paraphrasing to a different language is a different skill from the ability to understand. Requires some thinking every now and then. If you can get 4 to 5 pages done in an hour, you are decently fast (comparing to the translation community I know of). Because of the paragraphing, Denyuden has less words per page compared to other LNs I've read, so on first glance it seems easier to translate fast. But the difference that balance it out is that it has more unnaturally fragmented sentences which are very contextually dependent with many inferred subjects, which means more time to think, and to get the subjects right. Based on personal experience, it's better not to do it sentence by sentence, but to re-read a few pages ahead or even an entire scene to get everything clear in your mind, before starting the translation.

Let me know which are the pages you are working on and I'll register it. It's good to set a goal, but don't be too set on the deadline. Take as long as you want.

Last edited by larethian; 2010-11-01 at 11:23.
Old 2010-11-01, 20:38   Link #138
pampz21
ShipCore

Q>What exactly is the spirit plane???
Is it the one shown in episode 16 where Just by looking at the Dojo he's disappearing to the spirit plane?
and on side note of wiki when Ryner activates his SOAE he is able to be like Luccile, to go through the SP?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 08:33   Link #139
Triker

larethian and other translators, I want to say that I appreciate your work, thank you for translating the novel!!!
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 21:09   Link #140
giorno

question about the Ino Dwoe, how do they fare against rule fragmes and legendary powers?
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen