3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-06-06, 11:03   Link #121
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But the Wind is already fulfilling the Prussian role, though...

- Tak
They fill the misunderstood victims incensed to fight role, because now we have Epsilon being shifty. Even with Messer dead, they are hardly convincing villains when they get more attention than most of the Delta squad aside of Hayate.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 11:04   Link #122
charles883

Quote:
Wind look like utter hypocrites of course. For all their boasting about taking back mother sky from NUN, they need an Earther to help them do it.
Yeah I agree with you as I like to see Eplision going to screwed them over and make epic reason Windermere being sucks speech as one of them is they being hypocrite and too stupid to realize it
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 11:06   Link #123
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Even many of us viewers see "friendship" here much more than we see "romance", when it comes to Hayate and either one of Freyja and Mirage. So I definitely don't think Hayate should be faulted for not seeing romantic interest here when even many viewers haven't truly seen it. And it's possible that Hayate literally didn't see Freyja and Mirage's telling response to his "If she likes him, she should just say so" statement. They were gathered in a pretty dark and poorly lit area, and Hayate might not have been looking at Freyja and Mirage after he made his comment.
Neither Mirage or Freyja are trying to kiss him or do any actual overt showing of wooing and courting while Sheryl and Ranka did (specially Sheryl), so he had to be blind to not notice.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-06-06, 11:23   Link #124
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Seriously, though, doesn't Delta Squadron need as many fighters as there are singers on Walkure?
If the girls were actually aboard the fighters more that would be a bigger cause for concern, but they seem to have their own transport. If anything having four fighters makes more sense than five. There's a reason the leader/wingman pair is such a fundemental part of modern air combat tactics.

I suppose I need to consider that Delta is currently outnumbered by the aerial knights, but if that's the case adding two new pilots would make more sense than adding just one.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 11:58   Link #125
dmaxzero

I am not seeing any romance in the main trio... No idea why Hayate could be considered dense at this point.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 12:00   Link #126
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I would actually love to see some lead characters who are aware of what's going on around them, romantically speaking. Hayate's comment could be a little red herring, but I would love for it to be a snide remark.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 13:32   Link #127
magnuskn

Yeah, same here. Well, at least Hayate ain't totally in the norm of the harem lead, where the girls are already all rubbing themselves on him and he still doesn't get it. It i*s* pretty faint, after all.

To be honest, so far Hayate is more like Alto in the regard of just wanting to fly than Alto ever was.
Old 2016-06-06, 15:34   Link #128
zeross87

first episode of delta i didn't enjoy. not because messer death i don't really care, but all felt too forceful. like how mikumo and freyja are out, messer arrive, kaname sing... it was way too much for me to enjoy. and that part with mikumo and frayja starting to uh... hallucinate ? see vision throu the wind or something, am i the only one that hate when anime do those kind of thing ?
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 15:51   Link #129
Dash_Hunter

Yeah, right now Hayate hasn't noticed the subtle reactions of Mirage and Freyja when they talk about liking someone and love, I think it's because he's not looking for something like that at the moment, he has other things on his mind.
I'm really liking the slow development of this faint love triangle, I really liked Frontier's LT but not everything has to be the same, this one is fine as it is.

Spoiler for Kaname's VA tweet if anyone is interested:
Old 2016-06-06, 15:51   Link #130
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The other is that Chuck's sister never told Messer her feelings.
Yeah, it's a bit surprising they killed Messer off so early given that they'd barely touched on the crush Chuck's sister(?) had on him. Granted I never really got the impression the show was going to take that relationship very seriously (I'm describing it as a "crush" for a reason) but I didn't expect it to be that much of a throwaway either. Then there's the "big brother/uncle/family friend" type relationship the OP indicated he had with the younger members of the family, which I'm not sure got touched on at all (though I could be forgetting something).
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 15:58   Link #131
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

A detail that I do not remember from the episode: Did Kaname get to keep the bracelet?
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 16:46   Link #132
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Spoiler for Kaname's VA tweet if anyone is interested:
So Messer made messy and filled bucket with mess, only to be salted after death?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 18:18   Link #133
dmaxzero

And wiped. Don't forget wiped.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 18:31   Link #134
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
And wiped. Don't forget wiped.
Messer made messy and filled bucket with mess, only to be wiped & salted after death?

- Tak (we are so cruel)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 18:31   Link #135
lfhoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
I am not seeing any romance in the main trio... No idea why Hayate could be considered dense at this point.
Yeah, when it comes to romance, even everyone's favorite tom mer-cat has a little sweetheart that evening... Hayate needs to pick up his game if even the cat is beating him in romance!!
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 18:55   Link #136
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
A detail that I do not remember from the episode: Did Kaname get to keep the bracelet?
Yes she did. Messer gave it to her before he took off to his doom.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 19:22   Link #137
Dark Wing

My God Messer was literally one day form retirement...can't get anymore bigger of a death flag then that.
Old 2016-06-06, 20:10   Link #138
magnuskn

Hm, Zephyr on RC is speculating if Delta will have a split cour after episode 12. I hope not.
Old 2016-06-06, 20:18   Link #139
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Sorry, late reply, but just saw this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Putting Messers sacrifice aside am I the only one who does not see Var any longer as a disease but more like a receptor for fold waves?
That's what was implied in episode 9, in a line that was incorrectly translated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
By-the-by, since I was trying to figure out how to understand the concept of "fold receptors" and how they relate to fold bacteria and fold waves, I decided to look up this line (@02:53):

And got this instead:
The Var Syndrome is likely caused when the fold bacteria that are living
parasitically in a person's cells transmit and amplify intense emotions through
hyperspace
, making the individual behave violently.

(Japanese if anyone wants to check:『ヴァールシンドロームとは細胞内に寄生したフォールド細菌が強烈な感情を亜空間を通じて伝播 ・増幅させ人間を凶暴化させる現象だと考えられています』)
So I've taken it to mean that those without special organs that can receive and emit fold waves (e.g. Windermerean runes) do so if they have fold bacteria somewhere in or on their person. One problem, as we learned from Frontier, is that fold bacteria anywhere except for the gut is problematic for humans. It looks like Delta is going to explore this a bit more (as Kawamori noted in that interview on Forbes).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 21:28   Link #140
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
She did. She was crying as she sang and tears dripped dramatically on it.