AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2022-04-28, 10:39   Link #121
Lex79

A giant armored land creature as the boss, and to truly defeat it you have to enter inside it and defeat the core. Am I playing Chrono Trigger again?
Old 2022-04-28, 11:22   Link #122
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
A giant armored land creature as the boss, and to truly defeat it you have to enter inside it and defeat the core. Am I playing Chrono Trigger again?
This really is a JRPG Isekai .
Old 2022-04-29, 18:22   Link #123
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It is common knowledge Truck-kun only operates in Japan. No, seriously, how many isekai'd gaijins can you name?
Gaijin go to Narnia or something... by wardrobe or by train. Actually, if all the heroes are from alternate Japans does that mean Melromarc is technically an alternate Japan as well? Hmm... many-worlds interpretation is kind of confusing. That aside I sort of like how in The Executioner and Her Way of Life they've had so many Japanese high schoolers isekai'ed there that everyone just speaks Japanese now.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 22:04   Link #124
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Gaijin go to Narnia or something... by wardrobe or by train. Actually, if all the heroes are from alternate Japans does that mean Melromarc is technically an alternate Japan as well? Hmm... many-worlds interpretation is kind of confusing. That aside I sort of like how in The Executioner and Her Way of Life they've had so many Japanese high schoolers isekai'ed there that everyone just speaks Japanese now.
It seems like the current place they're in now is the equivalent for typical Asian nations in an Isekai story, although it feels more Chinese than Japanese.

Maybe wherever Glass is from is a Japan equivalent.
Old 2022-04-30, 12:11   Link #125
Ghostfriendly

Still a generic, trashy, incredibly misogynistic harem power fantasy, written to denigrate MeToo, glorify race-based sex slavery and promote the toxic right-wing male persecution complex. 'Bitch' is still a slur equivalent to 'n-----'; the redhead's characterisation is for women what 'Birth of a Nation' and 'Jud Suss' were to their respective targets of hatred. Raphtalia and the other haremites are if anything even more dangerous expression of hate and contempt for women. It's an indictment on content providers and viewers that this rubbish is available to be read or streamed, or or discussed on respectable forums.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-30, 15:53   Link #126
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Still a generic, trashy, incredibly misogynistic harem power fantasy, written to denigrate MeToo, glorify race-based sex slavery and promote the toxic right-wing male persecution complex. 'Bitch' is still a slur equivalent to 'n-----'; the redhead's characterisation is for women what 'Birth of a Nation' and 'Jud Suss' were to their respective targets of hatred. Raphtalia and the other haremites are if anything even more dangerous expression of hate and contempt for women. It's an indictment on content providers and viewers that this rubbish is available to be read or streamed, or or discussed on respectable forums.
Are you okay? You seem to be stressed somewhat.
Old 2022-04-30, 18:23   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Are you okay? You seem to be stressed somewhat.
He's always like this, although this time he was funnier than usual.
Old 2022-04-30, 19:16   Link #128
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I'm not sure why anyone would call Shield Hero a harem though, especially considering Rishia's unshakable commitment to Itsuki. I'm guessing Ghost isn't actually watching.

Maybe they will get lucky and Sexiled will get adapted someday for some good old fashioned patriarchy smashing.
Old 2022-04-30, 20:18   Link #129
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
It is common knowledge Truck-kun only operates in Japan. No, seriously, how many isekai'd gaijins can you name?
It's not strange that the protagonists of Isekai are Japanese for the large part, but there are a few series that, whenever it's not just a single occurrence but a widespread phenomenon, acknowledge that there are people isekaied from all over the world.

"I'm standing on a million lives" and "Log Horizon" do that at least.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 00:35   Link #130
magnuskn

Quote:
He's always like this, although this time he was funnier than usual.
Well, at least he could spell Jud Süß correctly...
Old 2022-05-01, 12:39   Link #131
Frontier

Quote:
I'm not sure why anyone would call Shield Hero a harem though, especially considering Rishia's unshakable commitment to Itsuki. I'm guessing Ghost isn't actually watching.

Maybe they will get lucky and Sexiled will get adapted someday for some good old fashioned patriarchy smashing.
Well, we've got Raphtalia, although it doesn't seem like that relationship is progressing any time soon. Filo has a more childish affection for Naofumi. Melty seems to consider him a close friend and ally.

But that's about it.
Old 2022-05-01, 12:44   Link #132
grecefar

I never saw shield hero as harem, filo feels more like a daugther and I don't seem any romance affection from melty.

The only romance is raphtalia.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 12:14   Link #133
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I mean view it more from the reverse. Naofumi has not shown romantic interest in any other characters whatsoever.

And I don't mean in an "in denial" manner either. The guy just has way more important things on his mind than romance and seems to actively reject any kind of attempt. Except from Raphtalia whom he is just weirdly oblivious to.

That the show tries to run very heavily on waifu appeal is obvious, but "harem" is just... odd.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 15:12   Link #134
cyberdemon

While he’s gotten better about it. Right now he is still emotionally scarred from what Bitch did to him. So he intentionally avoids thinking about it. Like diversions into thinking of Raphtalia like a daughter to avoid accepting that she has feeling for him.
Old 2022-05-03, 22:16   Link #135
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

In fairness the girls in his orbit are on the young side, even if they don't look it. And he still kind of wants to go home which is another thing that differentiates him from most other isekai protagonists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I mean view it more from the reverse. Naofumi has not shown romantic interest in any other characters whatsoever.
You don't need that for a harem though, usually the more indecisive and beta the MC is the better.
Old 2022-05-04, 06:01   Link #136
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
You don't need that for a harem though, usually the more indecisive and beta the MC is the better.
But he's not being beta. He's not engaging romantically at all. He's not blushing and being like "surely not" or being tsundere. Because he doesn't need to pretend to not care. He cares. A lot actually. The interaction just isn't romantic at all.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 08:35   Link #137
Frontier

Why would a Familiar designed to harvest souls for the Spirit Tortoise have genuine emotions that could feel attached to the people it's basically trying to kill for the Spirit Tortoise, even if it's to protect the world? To the point that eventually she would wonder why she's even doing this .

Well, luckily L'Arc and company aren't here to fight Naofumi, in fact they're here to help because one of the Heroes of their world has gone rogue and is the reason the Spirit Tortoise is acting up. Not that Naofumi is going to jump to teaming-up with people who have tried to kill him (even if they'd probably be more useful than the three Stooges), but he's at least willing to let them do their own thing rather than waste time fighting them .

Glass with twintails, breastplate, thigh high boots, and pants...she almost looks like a completely different character. Even Naofumi wants to know why she's dressed like that .

Well, it's nice to see the girls gathering around Ost and giving her emotional support...even if it really doesn't seem like this is going to end happily .

We finally meet the villain behind all this...Ryohei Kimura! I mean, Kyo! Who is the Book Hero of L'Arc and co. world. And man, he has sass and confidence to fill up the entire Spirit Tortoise .

"Is that supposed to be your Harem?" Oh wow, he went there. And he knows how dumb the Three Stooges are. Actually, Naofumi thought he sounded like someone from his old world, he has a Japanese name, is he another Isekai'ed hero like the ones in this world ?

The heroes finally make it to the heart of the Spirit Tortoise and promptly destroy it, even despite the pain it causes Ost, but she's still around so they're not done yet...especially once it turns out Ost was the core of the Spirit Tortoise, and basically the Spirit Tortoise herself, this whole time and they might need to kill her if they want to stop it. Not that I think Kyo will let them .
Old 2022-05-04, 13:16   Link #138
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I prefer the old glass than this one.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 13:57   Link #139
grecefar

ehh let ost die, I think she has been just a boring character to be honest, a little annoying too, meh nothing will be lost if she is gone.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 14:03   Link #140
Lex79

Well killing Ost now to stop the turtle would be too anticlimactic, so I guess the plan now is to give a good beating to the book guy and then Ost will make the spirit turtle go back to sleep.

Tags
adventure, fantasy