AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-05-24, 08:59   Link #121
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Seeing as how Kubo is likely to be hired by WSJ for "duration", he'll be here for a long, long time. And I think that's part of the problem. With its money spinning, the editors have as much as say in Bleach as KT. Imagine an author who is somewhat restricted by the editors, and may be slightly bored. Do I expect excellent stuff from him? Competent, yes. But, excellent, no.
Old 2009-05-24, 16:41   Link #122
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
LULZ, what went wrong in Bleach...? Nothing. It's the fans who can't read properly.

Give me all your questions/problems and I'll answer them for all Kubo's misunderstood fans out there.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 16:46   Link #123
Langus
Optimus Prime

Phenomenal: I don't see any misunderstandings here, just legitimate reasons for why people have become disenchanted with the current arc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 2009-05-24, 17:31   Link #124
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
LULZ, what went wrong in Bleach...? Nothing. It's the fans who can't read properly.

Give me all your questions/problems and I'll answer them for all Kubo's misunderstood fans out there.
Lol you sure are Kubo fanatic
Wouldn't be suprised to see big Kubo poster upon your bed
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 17:41   Link #125
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
Lol you sure are Kubo fanatic
Wouldn't be suprised to see big Kubo poster upon your bed
Nah, Just answering Wolcik's dare, that's all. As I found out, this isn't the right thread for it anyway.
Old 2009-05-24, 17:46   Link #126
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Nah, Just answering Wolcik's dare, that's all. As I found out, this isn't the right thread for it anyway.
I didn't try to be offending or anything... that is just the exspression I get from reading your posts.
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 17:49   Link #127
Phenomenal
Banned

I know it seems that way huh but It's not my fault I got to explain a simple comic to members on the interent.^^^
Old 2009-05-24, 18:00   Link #128
james0246

Quote:
I know it seems that way huh but It's not my fault I got to explain a simple comic to members on the interent.^^^
Well, you could just go back a page and address the points Langus and Prestige raised concerning why they think Bleach has strayed off course...

From there, you could then elucidate on other issues addressed throughout this thread and other threads and explain why, you think, Kubo has been doing a good job.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 18:24   Link #129
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, you could just go back a page and address the points Langus and Prestige raised concerning why they think Bleach has strayed off course...

From there, you could then elucidate on other issues addressed throughout this thread and other threads and explain why, you think, Kubo has been doing a good job.
That's exactly my thoughts. If there is someone that can explain all of this I'd love to hear/read it.
Old 2009-05-24, 18:45   Link #130
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
-Invincible 'good guys'. No deaths, no defeats for good guys since very long time. Current fights outcomes are extremely predictable. K-town battles are just horrible.
The Karakura Town battles horrible? You have to be talking about the Vice-Captain vs the Fraccion battles because that is the only battles that are finished. The Captains just started really. So how was the Vice captains battles against the Fraccions horrible? When we got character development on both sides and at the same time Kubo implemented the characters personalities in the battles coupled with good action. Deaths =/= good story, why would you want a good guy dying if it has no impact on the story? Ikkaku lost [For selfish reasons] and caused a pillar to be broken.

Quote:
- Power up after power up... Typical Bleach fight are 2 fighters bragging each other and pulling weird powers out of nowhere and winner is he who pulls last power up... to make matter worse those power up come literally from no where and without logic. Dont make me even started with Ichigo vs Ulquirra.
The power-up from Ichigo came from his hollow within, you know the same monster that was first shown with his training with Urahara and just kept getting more and more development from there on..? Seriously, why don't you understand a simple comic?

Quote:
-Ichigo is just plain boring and un-charismatic main charecter... he lacks charecter depth and development, his fights are ridicilous and his main power is plot-kai and Inoue screaming 'KUROSAKI-KUN!!!!'.
What's Ichigo, the substitute soul reaper suppose to do in a world of spirits that's new to him . He's not meant to be an inspiring leader when his only goal is to protect his friends. I'll tell you what, at least Ichigo got impact on characters like Byakauya about fighting laws against killing his own sister. Ichigo's resolve is to protect his friends and his power does not come out of nowhere as I've explained above. We got plenty of character development on Ichigo, friends, family, powers and what his purpose is. Him being a"Un-charismatic" and boring main character is just your opinion. but he is no different from boring uncharismatic Monkey D. Luffy and Naruto.

Quote:
-Soul Society all-stars. They win polls, they have popularity, they have backround and everyone has own fanclubs and loayal fans who love Kubo when their fav charecter shines, unlike poor arrancars who are pulled out of nowhere and are doomed to lose against their opponents in order to let them shine.
What are you chatting about here? Are you talking about fanservice? Let me see Luffy in this upcoming War in One Piece and have an impact, we'll know which author is the fanboy or goes by fanservice.

Quote:
-Aizen...he is hyped and he is labeled greatest evil guy out there...I think he was great during Soul Society but currently he just sits idle while his minions get beated all fronts ''Just as planned...''
The War is still going on, nothing is decided yet. Aizen isn't sitting anywhere, the man was on the front lines.

Quote:
Ok ok this list will be longer than god damn bible so I just say current Bleach has same depth as waching Street Fighter /Tekken tournament where random people fight against random people receiving idiotic powerups. Outcomes always favour good people and arrancars have yet to win any battle.
The bold in your posts shows how you have bad taste. The battles are still going on so nothing has been decided. Just because some battles were won on Soul Societies side doesn't mean the war is over. Ikkaku even lost to Pow as I already mentioned above. You keep saying "random" people fight against "random" people but no one is random in this battle, everyone is relevant. I'm sorry, your comparison with Bleach/SF/Tekken is false. We continue to get developments on all the characters showcased in Bleach as the plot unravels which is stopping Aizen Souskue.

Quote:
Chapters lack of content...it takes me 30 seconds to read one Bleach chapter, there are nice looking double pages images of people slashing each other but very little progress on each chapter, entire series lack Story, plot,excitment,anticipation,humour,logic and charecter development.
We got character development on all the characters shown so far, so your automatically wrong here. What do you mean by logic? Cause everything is explained as far as powers go. Humour? We had humor in the Vice-captain vs Fraccion battles, We've had anticipation, this war is it, we got excitement in this war, the plot is stopping Aizen so I don't know why you like to make-up, as this stuff is nonexistent because it is there! BTW content of Bleach is about quality not quantity, unlike your boy Oda who stuffs pages with plot dragging dialogue and irrelevant arcs.

Quote:
TLDR: Bleach WAS great...currently its just disgusting but I have read it this far so why not follow it to its seemingly foolish end, I lost hope on this series and I probly only can be suprised positively.
Coming from a guy who thinks every arc or chapter of One Piece is great, it doesn't take much to surprise you positively.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-24 at 19:07.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:03   Link #131
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
The problem is that readers don't have an emotional investment in what's going on.
I do, thats' cause I understand what is going on.

Quote:
I was on the edge of my seat for the Ichigo/Ulquiorra/Orihime arc because I wanted to see the relationship development and where Kubo was willing to take those characters. Since then, plot developments have been borderline boring.
Good...^^^

Quote:
This whole"save the world" arc concept is overdone and uninspiring. The SS arc was all battles as well, but at least then we had an emotional investment in the outcome (as did all the characters). Our band of heroes were there to save their friend from execution, a primary character in the series. Ichigo was there to save the person who'd changed his world. Readers absolutely wanted to know if they made it on time or not and throughout the entire arc there was character development from all sides. I think for the most part that's been lacking here (with the exception of the Ulq/Hime bit)
So, Ever since Hueco Mundo started we got development on all the characters shown so far from every Espada/fraccion and vice-captain. We even got the Pendulum Arc concerining more development on the Vaizards, Soul Society and Aizen. In all the battles we got character development from both sides, even the characters personalities are in the fights. And readers do want to know who is gonna come out on top in this war, so please don't act as if everyone is not interested.

Quote:
What I'd like to see is Kubo end these bull shit, time waster fights, kill off some of the main characters in his retinue who aren't crucial to the plot, and focus on developing the relationships and characters he has left. The Gin/Matsumoto relationship, for instance is incredibly intriguing because of its dynamic and yet we've been given nothing development wise since the end of the SS arc. Urahara and Yoruichi too... where the heck are they? Even a focus on SS's old boys (and girl) would be appreciated. In order to become emotionally attached to these characters to the point where we actually CARE if they live or die and are on the edge of our seat to read the next chapter development, Kubo needs to give us a reason to be emotionally invested in them. Right now there's too many characters for that to happen

Kubo had other characters [Vice-captains, lower Espada, Vaizards] he needed to develop on and he did that. He allowed the fans to get emotinally more in depth wit hthe characters, I know many people really see Aizen as a disgusting creep now after reading the Pendulum arc!! Everyone was connected with alot of the Lowere level espada and could tell where the ywere coming from especially since after Barragan informed the audience about the THEMES of the Espada!!! Gin and Matsumoto will obviosuly be developed on but why develop something when it isn't Gin's time yet? He's stuck in a cage for God sakes. Urahara and Yourichi will show up when it is there time, characters have roles you know. And none of these battles are time wasting the yare all important because Kubo put all the characters in important roles. Both sides are trying to achieve something and the forces are clashing. Seriosuly, you talk about save the world arcs but this is really no different from Soul Society arc.

Quote:
For the record though, I actually enjoy Ichigo exactly the way he is. He's not perfect, no, but I think that's the point. He's just supposed to be your average teenage kid who's thrown into this alternate world of spirits and villains. He's not meant to be an inspiring leader when his only goal is to protect his friends.
This is probably the smartest thing I've read behind Phenomenal's posts.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-25 at 02:52.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:20   Link #132
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
And none of these battles are time wasting they are all important because Kubo put all the characters in important roles. Both sides are trying to achieve something and the forces are clashing.
Problem is that some people don't think that they are important. Quite a few fans hate minor character's fights because they just want to see ''big'' guys fight. Kira for example is a neat character to me and when people saw him on the popularity poll so hight they were ''what is Kira doing there, he is not even one of main cahracters?!''. I guess people just don't like characters who will never have a greater impact on story. I'm not talking to anyone specific here I'm stating what I saw on other forums.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:28   Link #133
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Problem is that some people don't think that they are important. Quite a few fans hate minor character's fights because they just want to see ''big'' guys fight. Kira for example is a neat character to me and when people saw him on the popularity poll so hight they were ''what is Kira doing there, he is not even one of main cahracters?!''. I guess people just don't like characters who will never have a greater impact on story. I'm not talking to anyone specific here I'm stating what I saw on other forums.
So in other words, they are hating on Kubo for giving all his characters some love.

Oda Eiichiro needs to take notes on that.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-24 at 19:40.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:58   Link #134
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Please, don't compare the Three Kings. OP is THE head money spinner. Bleach comes third, after Naruto. The three are really different fruits, but like all series which goes on and on, it doesn't get one excited that easily anymore.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:03   Link #135
Phenomenal
Banned

Bleach and Naruto make more money than One Piece Worldwide IIRC!!
Old 2009-05-24, 20:05   Link #136
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Now, that I cannot confirm. But since Shueisha is a Japanese company, their focus is rightly aimed at the domestic market. Accumulated sales of OP at home beats Naruto and Bleach hands down.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:08   Link #137
Phenomenal
Banned

So what, Manga/Anime is all Japan got....It's more impressive to be popular in the states as well as in Japan. Call me when One Piece has some affect on the outside world like Naruto and Bleach.

But it doesn't matter anyway popularity=/=quality.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:28   Link #138
Jays

Perhaps Kubo's biggest mistake is pandering to fanservice, thus dilluting the rest of the story. What was perhaps Bleach's strongest aspect, it's large cast of characters, has become the bain of it's existance; soo many menial and trivial characters, with the most minute of useless details have cluttered the space for the story, and furthermore for the main characters. Bleach has failed to live up to it's promise ever since the Soul Society Arc wrapped up, being bogged down by too much of what it doesn't need - fanservice - and not enough of what it did need, a cohesive story strung together that isn't rehash of the previous arc.

But I'm going to stop there, once upon a time I did care, I just don't anymore. The intrigue and mystique that Bleach once had, is just that, once had. The only reason I perhaps follow it, is because part of me wishes to see the ending of it, and what happens to main characters - Ichigo, Chad, Ishida, and Orehime - but the rest of me, doesn't really care. Sure there are nice moments, but those are so few and far between, that I can't find "care" needed to say why Bleach has turned me off, for good.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 20:44   Link #139
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, I share Jay's feelings on all the 3 Kings. They don't make me care about them. If I may quote Light's "Just as planned." The stories are there; it's just that they don't excite any more.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:53   Link #140
kakakka

Quote:
Perhaps Kubo's biggest mistake is pandering to fanservice....
That's happening right now. Recently, I wish they stop focusing the fights on Soi Fon and Hitsugaya, and focus on Halibel and Barraggan as soon as possible. We already know who Hitsugaya is and who Soi Fon is. This time I want to know who is Halibel and who is Barragan. I mean, I am still expecting something other than powerz from them (maybe from Stark too). But as of now, they just felt like things that can be killed just like those inside cock fights. I hope it changed.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote