AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-30, 13:32   Link #121
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
.....but in my case i usually dream about fights to death...
my dream only consist of me, how i run away from dogs or nothing where i close my eyes and wake uo without a single dream

Quote:
and i am ,usually, getting killed ... but you can gain "experience"
make it a few billion times and you will win for sure since you can "learn there fighting-style"
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 13:48   Link #122
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
my dream only consist of me, how i run away from dogs or nothing where i close my eyes and wake uo without a single dream
it not like you dont remember your dreams..is just the you start to forget as soon you awake...you need a diary if you want to know your dream style

Quote:
make it a few billion times and you will win for sure since you can "learn there fighting-style"

the only thing you gain is a pressure in the chest as you awake(and a bad humor)...and the fact that you start paid attention to other action

the fight style is just a nonsense used in literature
Old 2014-09-30, 13:53   Link #123
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Hmmm...
Point taken.

Anyways...nobody saying anything about the fact that Misaki has been confirmed to be a 2nd Year?
OMG. We didn't notice it. THAT's AMAZING!!! You're the best Hiss.

Also, wow, this is great.

Also, the fighting style stuff isn't nonsense. It has a point. No matter how strong you may be, you are limited in doing what tactics or moves you can come up with in the moment. That's one of the most valid points I've ever seen used. Fighting style is different from what you can think of. Kamachi said nothing about fighting style, just about data points for scenarios about battle tactics.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 14:07   Link #124
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

bro....we are talking about what you gain in a nightmare..in real life...if you dream that someone shoot you in the eye., or that a car run over you...you don't learn a thing (maybe a tachycardia )

Quote:
you are limited in doing what tactics or moves you can come up with in the moment.
in a dream without "lucid dream" is impossible..and in a lucid dream you are "awake" but you are not free to do as you want.

Quote:
Kamachi said nothing about fighting style, just about data points for scenarios about battle tactics.
this is for nt9 plot right? well phases and literature are different
Old 2014-09-30, 14:19   Link #125
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
bro....we are talking about what you gain in a nightmare..in real life...if you dream that someone shoot you in the eye., or that a car run over you...you don't learn a thing (maybe a tachycardia )

in a dream without "lucid dream" is impossible..and in a lucid dream you are "awake" but you are not free to do as you want.

this is for nt9 plot right? well phases and literature are different
I thought Level_Seven was calling the NT 9 stuff BS so I got pissed. I didn't read the context about just dreaming. Also, what do you mean phases vs. literature? What type of literature? Scientific literature? Writing?

If you're talking about the dream thing: lucid dreaming can indeed be used to study things, train mental connections, plan out battle or other strategies, think about concepts, sketch out interactions between people and etc. It's a field that is currently getting a lot of interesting.

Furthermore, what happens in your dreams can prime how you react to certain events or situations IRL when you are awake. The implication of this idea is that if someone sent other people dreams that would make them put themselves into dangerous situations if they woke up, then it would be practically untraceable, if the people supplying the dreams were rather anonymous or if there were no way of figuring out what dream they had dreamed the night before or etc.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 18:24   Link #126
Miraluka
Banned

Indian Poker ---> Brain waves---> Sisters again.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 18:36   Link #127
GDB

It'd be great if Mikoto thought of that as well and instantly goes to them to talk about it, only to find out they're not involved in any way.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 20:50   Link #128
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Indian Poker---->Brain Waves---->Sisters again---->Telepathy--->Shokuhou---->Finally given a freaking explanation as to how her power works.

It's high time we found out. And I don't even mean hers specifically--we still don't know the details on how telepathy functions in this series. We just know that it's heavily electric based and that Misaka is apparently immune to it. I get the feeling that the Misaka Network was made using Shokuhou's ability as a basis, which is why she was being tested in the same facility as Dolly.

That or it's just a place to study the powers of cute little girls. That's a valid possibility.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 21:04   Link #129
GDB

Telepathy is likely based on those AMP waves or whatever they're called that all espers emit that allow Kanzaki to switch between the two worlds.

It doesn't have to be electric based. I always figured Mikoto is immune because the brain functions based on electrical impulses and the like, so she can prevent herself from being taken over. If she were 100% immune to telepathy, then she'd have no reason to question whether Misaki were really a middle schooler.
Old 2014-09-30, 22:04   Link #130
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

After the last arc showed how Mental Out could affect the Misaka Network so strongly, it's hard to believe that telepathy isn't related to electric signals. And if you're referring to AIM, then that would imply that anyone who doesn't emit AIM would be unaffected by Mental Out, which we know isn't the case. Besides, Shokuhou could mess with the information to classify herself as a middle schooler without manipulating Misaka--she'd have to anyways, since she wouldn't be able to use her power on EVERYONE to trick them all.

I'm just saying that, based on the one chapter we've seen, I seen the possibility of learning more about telepathy. No doubt, Shokuhou's still going to be a main character in this arc, since she's pretty much secured her position as Misaka's archenemy and rival. Plus, I still feel like the whole Dolly incident hasn't been completely resolved.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 08:23   Link #131
Death Usagi
Banned

You know, after reading the chapter...

After seeing Mikoto being so happy with the Gekota...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

A CHILD! THERE IS A CHILD HERE!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 08:39   Link #132
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I thought Level_Seven was calling the NT 9 stuff BS so I got pissed.
to be fair, im not really ok with the explanation of the fighting pattern but there is bigger stuff so that i can safely ignore this (like a normal human surviving the torture)

btw, why are you bothering yourself with Level_Seven?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 08:39   Link #133
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
You know, after reading the chapter...

After seeing Mikoto being so happy with the Gekota...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

A CHILD! THERE IS A CHILD HERE!
Well she IS a middle-schooler.
Old 2014-10-01, 09:04   Link #134
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverexorcist View Post
After the last arc showed how Mental Out could affect the Misaka Network so strongly, it's hard to believe that telepathy isn't related to electric signals. And if you're referring to AIM, then that would imply that anyone who doesn't emit AIM would be unaffected by Mental Out, which we know isn't the case.
Yeah, AIM. And just because someone doesn't emit them (ie: not an esper) doesn't mean they would be unaffected. There are AIM waves all over the place, hence why Kanzaki can exist. I'm submitting that telepathy uses those AIM waves to do the do, as it were, rather than outright changing the AIM waves.

If telepathy as a whole is nothing but electricity used in another way, then there's no reason that Mikoto couldn't be a telepath as well. The Sister network isn't really telepathy, but more like Wi-Fi or the like. They use electric signals to communicate, but it isn't true telepathy.
Old 2014-10-01, 09:56   Link #135
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
Well she IS a middle-schooler.
I mean she is more like an elementary schooler in a sense
Old 2014-10-01, 10:10   Link #136
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
I mean she is more like an elementary schooler in a sense
There's seems to be a disconnect between the mental and physical ages of ALL the level fives. Accel has seen some shit and acts more mature than most people his age and then there's Mikoto and Gunha...
Old 2014-10-01, 10:22   Link #137
Death Usagi
Banned

What about Misaki?

Kind of immature for her age(?) in a way? XP
Old 2014-10-01, 10:32   Link #138
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
What about Misaki?

Kind of immature for her age(?) in a way? XP
Yeah Misaki acts a bit immature and childish. (And when we take into account she might be older than belived it's even more so.) Don't know the ages of Kakine and Mugino but Mugino's really immature sometimes with not wanting to lose to Kakine and Mikoto for no good reason.
Old 2014-10-01, 10:36   Link #139
Miraluka
Banned

Quite the opposite, She is like a young adult hidden behind a ojou facade.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 10:40   Link #140
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Quite the opposite, She is like a young adult hidden behind a ojou facade.
Misaki or Mugino?