AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-23, 00:17   Link #13801
Lucidrago

Becoming a Desperado is a result of wanting to overcome one's fate and not to be bound by it. It's more the result of achieving a wish that would be impossible to achieve without breaking through the boundaries fate set for them.

Naseem became a Desperado because he wanted to go to war with the world.

Nene became a Desperado because of her rivalry with Kurono and her desire to defeat Kurono.

It's basically that Desperados become what they are because of a strong desire to achieve a fate that would be out of their reach if they remained chained by the manacles of fate.

My question is what fate did Stella strongly desire to achieve that it resulted in her becoming a Desperado?

@Lord Kai Remember that they say that those in the KOK A-League are the strongest in the world despite the Union existing and there being powerful Blazers who are not members of the League or Union(Edelweiss, Naseem Al-Salem, Tyrant). So yeah that's a lot of hype.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 05:20   Link #13802
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
There are certain conditions in becoming a Desperado.
Yeah. It being the author wants you to.
Old 2018-11-23, 08:20   Link #13803
Blazor 98

@Lucidrago, Stella's drive and desire was to get stronger so she could protect her country. That was the point of her training on Edelwiess mountain. That desire was focused with her battle against Xiaoli.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 09:00   Link #13804
AP24

One in thousand people have Blazer abilities. The information in Vol 0 suggests that 1-2% of Blazers are C-rank, and 0.1% or less are B-rank and above. So there are millions of people that have Blazer abilities in the entire world, with tens of thousands are at C-rank level and thousands are at B-rank level. It's very likely that the number of current A-League contestants could reach a hundred people, so there are few hundreds who are at least on that level. There are 16 Desperados that have been shown or mentioned so far, and I think the number of Desperados in the entire world is less than 30.

If there are that many strong people then this is my estimate of the actual world rankings.

1st-10th: Strongest in the world level
e.g. Bright, Carter, Tyrant, Edelweiss, Nene, Naseem

11th-30th: Desperado level
e.g. Iris, Or-Gaule, Xiaoli, Carlo, Kurono,

31st-100th: A-League high-ranker level.
e.g. Wallenstein, Kiba, Raab

101st-300th: A-League level
e.g. Ouma, Kiriko

301st-1,000th: The level of top Blazers in strong countries.
e.g. Touka, Moroboshi

4-digit rankings: The level of high-ranking Blazers in a country and average B-ranks.
e.g. Kanata, Momiji

5-digit rankings: The level of average professionals and average C-ranks.
e.g. Renren, Alice

6-digit rankings: The level of average Blazers.
e.g. Ayase

7-digit rankings: The level of non-combatant Blazers.
e.g. Tsukikage

If there are hundreds of people in the world who are stronger than Touka and Moroboshi's latest level then the author should show a lot more of them.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 11:10   Link #13805
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@kidstandout: I mentioned a third argument right above your post: the author just changed his mind.

@AP24 is right too.

@Blazor 98: Yep.
Old 2018-11-23, 12:05   Link #13806
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
One in thousand people have Blazer abilities. The information in Vol 0 suggests that 1-2% of Blazers are C-rank, and 0.1% or less are B-rank and above. So there are millions of people that have Blazer abilities in the entire world, with tens of thousands are at C-rank level and thousands are at B-rank level. It's very likely that the number of current A-League contestants could reach a hundred people, so there are few hundreds who are at least on that level. There are 16 Desperados that have been shown or mentioned so far, and I think the number of Desperados in the entire world is less than 30.

If there are that many strong people then this is my estimate of the actual world rankings.

1st-10th: Strongest in the world level
e.g. Bright, Carter, Tyrant, Edelweiss, Nene, Naseem

11th-30th: Desperado level
e.g. Iris, Or-Gaule, Xiaoli, Carlo, Kurono,

31st-100th: A-League high-ranker level.
e.g. Wallenstein, Kiba, Raab

101st-300th: A-League level
e.g. Ouma, Kiriko

301st-1,000th: The level of top Blazers in strong countries.
e.g. Touka, Moroboshi

4-digit rankings: The level of high-ranking Blazers in a country and average B-ranks.
e.g. Kanata, Momiji

5-digit rankings: The level of average professionals and average C-ranks.
e.g. Renren, Alice

6-digit rankings: The level of average Blazers.
e.g. Ayase

7-digit rankings: The level of non-combatant Blazers.
e.g. Tsukikage

If there are hundreds of people in the world who are stronger than Touka and Moroboshi's latest level then the author should show a lot more of them.
I would put Iris at Top 10 level. That's just my opinion.

I would put Ouma and even Moroboshi, Touka, Amane, Sara, Yui, and probably Kiriko and Shizuku in the 31st-100th level. They are sheer monsters of Blazers. And Shizuku did defeat Wallenstein in Volume 4 and the others I just listed are as strong or stronger than her. Especially Ouma who wasn't even affected by Nene's gravity when the rest of Akatsuki were and Amane saying Ouma may be fine if he fought against Nene.

Momiji is a C-rank Blazer. Not a B-rank.

I would put Kanata(B-rank), Momiji, Byakuya, Kurashiki, Renji Kaga, and probably most of the other exceptional C-rank Blazers in the 301st-1,000th area.

Alice is stronger than what it says his rank is as he was a member of Akatsuki and they had false info put into the system about them. Including their rank as Blazers. I would give him a 3-digit ranking at least. Remember that they had Sara put down as a C-rank Blazer before her match with Kurashiki.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-11-23 at 12:19.
Old 2018-11-23, 12:51   Link #13807
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Don't forget that that part about Ouma being to deal with Nene was before she got Excessive Awakening. I'm not sure how to rank them compared to each other after she got that power-up.
Old 2018-11-23, 15:17   Link #13808
Lucidrago

I don't count Excessive Awakening. Unless you want to say that Nene is as strong as Bright, Carter, and Tyrant.
Old 2018-11-23, 15:33   Link #13809
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's still a power-up. If Nene used Excessive Awakening, I doubt it'd be that easy for Ouma. Heck, we haven't seen them fight so we don't know how the fight would go without Nene using Excessive Awakening either. Sure, we have what Amane said, but I'd have liked to see those two fight for real, too. And besides, just being told that what Amane had said is hardly enough, is it? It's like being told that Ouma could give her a better fight than others. Doesn't necessarily mean Amane meant he'd definitely beat her.
Old 2018-11-23, 20:55   Link #13810
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I would put Iris at Top 10 level. That's just my opinion.

I would put Ouma and even Moroboshi, Touka, Amane, Sara, Yui, and probably Kiriko and Shizuku in the 31st-100th level. They are sheer monsters of Blazers. And Shizuku did defeat Wallenstein in Volume 4 and the others I just listed are as strong or stronger than her. Especially Ouma who wasn't even affected by Nene's gravity when the rest of Akatsuki were and Amane saying Ouma may be fine if he fought against Nene.

Momiji is a C-rank Blazer. Not a B-rank.

I would put Kanata(B-rank), Momiji, Byakuya, Kurashiki, Renji Kaga, and probably most of the other exceptional C-rank Blazers in the 301st-1,000th area.

Alice is stronger than what it says his rank is as he was a member of Akatsuki and they had false info put into the system about them. Including their rank as Blazers. I would give him a 3-digit ranking at least. Remember that they had Sara put down as a C-rank Blazer before her match with Kurashiki.
I don't think Iris is in the Top 10, at best she would be between 11th-15th.

Ouma is only as strong as Stella without using Dragon Spirit. Vol 12 hints that Kiba and Raab are stronger than Stella without using Dragon Spirit. Kiba and Raab are on the level of A-League high-rankers, so Ouma is probably on the level of A-League average level.

There is no way Moroboshi, Touka, Amane, Sara, Yui, Kiriko and Shizuku are in the 31st-100th level. Like I said there should be many people with Blazer powers in the world and there are hundreds who are at least on A-League level. Based on Touka and Moroboshi's conversation in Vol 10, they are not on A-League level yet so they should be around the rank I mentioned. I might be a little wrong about the ranking ranges but Moroboshi and Touka are definitely not on the A-League high ranker level. Kiriko, Shizuku, Amane and Sara are A-rank level students so they might be on A-League average level already.

Momiji is a C-rank but she's as strong as an average B-rank. Like I said there are thousands of people who are B-rank so Kanata, Momiji and the others are probably in the 4-digit rankings since they are still students. I might be wrong about Alice's strength but there's no way he is in the 3-digit rankings. From what we've seen so far he's 4-digit ranking at best which is the level of average B-ranks. Those in the 3-digit rankings are mostly superior B-rank Blazers like Touka and Moroboshi.

Being in the 4-digit rankings is already impressive because it also means being in the Top 1%.
Old 2018-11-24, 00:26   Link #13811
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I don't think Iris is in the Top 10, at best she would be between 11th-15th.

Ouma is only as strong as Stella without using Dragon Spirit. Vol 12 hints that Kiba and Raab are stronger than Stella without using Dragon Spirit. Kiba and Raab are on the level of A-League high-rankers, so Ouma is probably on the level of A-League average level.

There is no way Moroboshi, Touka, Amane, Sara, Yui, Kiriko and Shizuku are in the 31st-100th level. Like I said there should be many people with Blazer powers in the world and there are hundreds who are at least on A-League level. Based on Touka and Moroboshi's conversation in Vol 10, they are not on A-League level yet so they should be around the rank I mentioned. I might be a little wrong about the ranking ranges but Moroboshi and Touka are definitely not on the A-League high ranker level. Kiriko, Shizuku, Amane and Sara are A-rank level students so they might be on A-League average level already.

Momiji is a C-rank but she's as strong as an average B-rank. Like I said there are thousands of people who are B-rank so Kanata, Momiji and the others are probably in the 4-digit rankings since they are still students. I might be wrong about Alice's strength but there's no way he is in the 3-digit rankings. From what we've seen so far he's 4-digit ranking at best which is the level of average B-ranks. Those in the 3-digit rankings are mostly superior B-rank Blazers like Touka and Moroboshi.

Being in the 4-digit rankings is already impressive because it also means being in the Top 1%.
How is Momiji at the level of an average B-rank? Who exactly are you comparing her to and how did you come to that conclusion?

Do you seriously believe that there are thousands of A-ranks Blazers just sitting around? A-ranks are a very rare phenomenons.

How do we even know that Kiba and Raab were stronger than Stella using Dragon Spirit? When was that even implied?
Old 2018-11-24, 00:36   Link #13812
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
How is Momiji at the level of an average B-rank? Who exactly are you comparing her to and how did you come to that conclusion?

Do you seriously believe that there are thousands of A-ranks Blazers just sitting around? A-ranks are a very rare phenomenons.

How do we even know that Kiba and Raab were stronger than Stella using Dragon Spirit? When was that even implied?
Momiji was able to rank higher than Touka last year and she's most likely superior to Kanata, which suggests she's as strong as average B-rank at least.

I said there are thousands of B-ranks. The majority of the Top 1000 consists of A-ranks and superior B-ranks. Considering that Japan alone has about 5 A-ranks, the number of A-ranks in the world could reach a hundred. A hundred out of millions is very rare.

It took Stella hours to defeat those 50 Blazers in Vol 12. It only took Raab under 10 minutes to do so.

Last edited by AP24; 2018-11-24 at 00:49.
Old 2018-11-24, 02:36   Link #13813
Lucidrago

Rank higher? They both got to Top 4 and literally they both qualify as third place. Momiji lost to Byakuya in the semifinals of last year's Seven Stars Sword Art Tournament like Tonka lost to Yudai in the semifinals. That doesn't put Momiji at the level of B-rank otherwise that would be her current rank. And besides you don't know what opponents she had to go through. It's about as much about luck of the draw as it is about strength. I don't see you calling Byakuya a B-ranms despite him being the runner-up of last year's tournament.

You're really just guessing. Let me guess. You're using the one-in-a-thousand that was stated in the first volume. But then again one-in-a-thousand is something that is commonly said to refer to something that isn't very numerous. So that's really no evidence of exactly how many Blazers there are.

I thought Stella taking so long to defeat those guys was largely due to her being inexperienced in efficiently and quickly taking down weak opponents. She is 15 after all. While Kiba is a veteran Blazer and Raab is a veteran Psychic. Maybe they were stronger, maybe they weren't.

What if the number of B-ranks aren't in the thousands, but the hundreds? Again we have no idea how many people that have magic abilities there are in the world and how many are in each respective rank(but then again we can only use those kind of ranks for mages under the League). So who really knows since the Union would be using different standards to judge their mages.

But maybe I can rejog my memory by rereading the series. But I do want proof for these numbers though. Like a quote. Or just point to me where to read in the novel to find it.
Old 2018-11-24, 05:27   Link #13814
AP24

Vol 0 mentioned that Hagun has over 200 students in one year, so it has around 700 students total. Assuming each school has similar amount, then there could be up to 5,000 student knights in Japan. From what I found there are 3-4 million high school students total in Japan. Vermillion's population is hinted to be hundreds of thousands since that's how many were at the airport when Stella came home in Vol 10 and considering how the people are like I think most of the country's population were there. Vol 10 also mentioned that 50 Blazers are in the Vermillion Imperial Guards and they are considered elites in the country, so Vermillion should have hundreds of Blazers total. These support the fact that one in thousand people have Blazer abilities.

At least 3 out of the over 200 second-year Hagun students are confirmed to be C-rank. Out of the hundreds of Blazers in Vermillion, only 3 of them are C-rank. In Japan, at least 5 student knights are B-rank, so the number of B-ranks in the country could reach a hundred in total. If Japan alone has a hundred B-rank level Blazers, then the number of people at B-rank level could reach thousands in the entire world. These support the fact that 1-2% of all Blazers are C-rank and 0.1% of all Blazers are B-rank.

It's still a fact that Momiji is one of the superior C-rank Blazers considering that she managed to reach 3rd place in last year's tournament and is one of Nangou's students. Jougasaki managed to become runner-up last year mostly because the tournament's rules and format are largely in his favor but in real battles he's probably only strong as the average C-rank. I'd say superior C-rank Blazers are at least as strong as average B-rank Blazers. Kuraudo is probably way too strong for a C-rank and I think he's on the same level as superior B-ranks like Touka and Moroboshi.

Even if Stella was already much more experienced that time, I don't think she could take down those 50 Blazers under 10 minutes. Not to mention Raab did it so easily without much effort.

Last edited by AP24; 2018-11-24 at 06:23.
Old 2018-11-24, 08:04   Link #13815
DanielSong39

The author changed his mind and decided to give Stella a cheat ability.

Since she's a main character I can buy that.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 08:31   Link #13816
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
The author changed his mind and decided to give Stella a cheat ability.

Since she's a main character I can buy that.
I agree with that. Stella reaching Brute Soul was cheap, and after building so much hype, making her reach her limit fighting small fries was cheap, and now she simply reached Excessive Awakening, making this look even worse. It's like at this point, just trash everything the author puts and even what's stated has to be taken with a grain of salt, because of these hypes we get from the author, and then everything is shown as if it was normal or nowhere near that dificult as previously stated.

I gotta say, at this point, I'm just keeping up with the story because of Ikki. Those power ups now are just annoying to me, because Stella will simply reach them ignoring whatever is said, and Ikki will struggle just because the author wants to make him struggle, not because there is a good reason for doing it. So yeah, I'm just gonna stay for Ikki, and see where he will end in the story.

As for the rankings, I have no idea how to really classify the characters, mostly because in the next volume we will be back in Japan to see how the blazers there are doing, so I'm gonna wait to see how many of them are gonna become Desperados in the next 1 or 2 volumes.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 08:45   Link #13817
DanielSong39

It's a common trope, to enjoy stories like this one you have to be willing to swallow a few. As long as Stella is likeable enough and her relationship with Ikki stays strong, might as well roll with the punches.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 09:43   Link #13818
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I can go with Lord Kai's explanation, but we also can't deny the possibility that the author simply changed his mind about how high Stella's mountain really was.
Old 2018-11-24, 10:26   Link #13819
Lucidrago

Yeah I just go with the explanation that she had a strong desireto protect her country which would be impossible had she remained chained by fate even if her fate was very powerful. Remember how in Volume 1, it was said that when Stella was a young child, she didn't have the aptitude to control her massive power and would even burn herself and her parents thought she would never be a Blazer? And she worked hard to control her power because Vermillion is a very small country and to be able to adequately be able to negotiate with larger countries as equals, very strong Blazers were needed to do that. So Stella worked hard to master her power for the sake of her country and its people.

So in my view, she became a Desperado to protect her country and stop Or-Gaule.

It still feels cheap for happening so soon but it's settled now. But Stella achieving Excessive Awakening a volume after it was introduced just seemed to be going overboard.

I was just hoping that you didn't have to be a Desperado to defeat one but maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part. Like how could a person chained by fate beat someone who is not chained by it?

@Osman But aren't you excited that we may see Blazers from your country in the next arc since Saudi Arabia is a part of the Union?

But aren't there 4 countries that are part of the Union? Because so can't seem to remember the last one. There's the U.S., Russia, Saudi Arabia, and one more. But maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe it's India.
Old 2018-11-24, 10:32   Link #13820
AP24

So far the confirmed countries that are part of the Union are US, Russia, China and Saudi Arabia. I get the first three countries but I wonder how Saudi Arabia could be part of the Union?

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural