this chapter is really Meh
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-19, 18:08   Link #1322
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
this chapter is really Meh
Vegeta wearing his Boo saga outfit is cool, as was the page where both he and Goku transformed. The rest was boring. How long are we going to spend on a mob character like Gas?
Old 2022-05-19, 18:38   Link #1323
Shadow5YA

Why is Goku taking hits when he's supposed to be able to dodge everything with Ultra Instinct?

I've always disliked how they eventually disregard everything special about any transformation and it just becomes another show of brute force.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-19, 18:38   Link #1324
GDB

Will Vegeta finally get a W in Super, or will Goku snatch it away?

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 06:32   Link #1325
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think GDB's right about Vegeta jobbing here too.

And yeah, how come Goku can't dodge Gas's attacks? I wonder if Gas is moving too fast? But is it even possible to move too fast for Ultra Instinct to allow you to dodge in the first place?
Old 2022-05-20, 08:28   Link #1326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jiren could hit MUI just fine. It's not an auto-win form, if someone is a lot stronger than you, he will get hits in.

What I find a lot weirder is that Monaito was able to restore Goku and Vegeta's health completely. He could barely heal a flesh wound in the flashback. Kibito himself had a hard time restoring Gohan to full health in the Boo arc, and that was just when he was SSJ2.

I find it odd that Elec is so confident. Sure, Goku and Vegeta already had those forms when they fought Granolah, but they fought him one on one. Gas shouldn't be that much stronger that he's able to fend off both of them.
Old 2022-05-20, 11:42   Link #1327
azenable
President of TecoT

Strongest in the universal until Gogeta shows up.
Also don't like the drawing where MUI Goku seems to moving based on his brain rather than his body moving on its own. its not a fluent as its in the anime.
Old 2022-05-20, 11:55   Link #1328
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I wonder if they're really going to fuse. They probably should, but they're reluctant about it. Granted, they're already fighting together despite that also being something they normally hate doing. I wonder if this is another change that came from the lesson they learned from Bardock.

And yeah, now that Kanon mentions it, how is Elec so confident here? He does know that Goku and Vegeta each Granolah one on one rather than together, right? Or since he had to ask Oil if they already had those forms when they fought Granolah, maybe he actually doesn't know that they didn't fight him two on one?
Old 2022-05-20, 18:59   Link #1329
GDB

Also, wasn't he having trouble keeping up with Goku when he was just Blue? Not like he was losing, but he sure as hell wasn't having an easy time given how strong he THINKS he is.
Old 2022-05-21, 11:13   Link #1330
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Maybe we can just chalk that one up to Toyotaro being inconsistent? And there's probably more where that came from.
Old 2022-06-18, 13:33   Link #1331
azenable
President of TecoT

New Chapter is out
Vegeta is crap as usual :<

And Goku revert to Ultra Instinct Omen as his 'best' form. Him firing a Ki Blast from the mouth is turning me off....
Old 2022-06-18, 18:31   Link #1332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Huh? It's not supposed to come out until Monday.

I've read the full summary though

Spoiler for Totally shocking stuff:
Old 2022-06-19, 04:03   Link #1333
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Huh? It's not supposed to come out until Monday.

I've read the full summary though

Spoiler for Totally shocking stuff:
Chinese site was up yesterday.
Old 2022-06-20, 11:53   Link #1334
henshinagogobaby

Chapter 85 is out now:

Spoiler for thoughts on Chapter 85:

Anyone can die. It's living that requires courage.

You will not touch these innocent people with even one inch of your dirty blades, if you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you wanna taste the ground, feel free to attack me.
-Rurouni Kenshin

Last edited by henshinagogobaby; 2022-06-20 at 14:54.
henshinagogobaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 12:27   Link #1335
Shadow5YA

Yeah, I don't really understand Elec's plan. If he plans on beating Frieza, why would he intentionally make Gas dispensable? What is he going to do after Gas dies?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 16:10   Link #1336
justavisitor

lol, so Vegeta has changed from a grumpy 60 years old (he is that old right...he many days he spent in that time chamber??) to a masochist XD

And even if Elec kills goku and vegeta at the expense of Gas, then what? There are gohan, picoolo, and broly. Well to Elec's defense, he doesn't know that those characters exist, but to us, it's so painfully obvious that his plan won't work
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 17:37   Link #1337
AndrewR5D4

I don't think these guys can kill Frieza without help from the Dragon Balls, since even Gas needed that power-up to be of any use. Not to mention they could end up chewing up their lifespans and not live long enough to benefit from whatever they gain... Basically, these dudes are idiots who need to cheat to be of any real threat.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 18:01   Link #1338
GDB

Once again, the main issue with Ultra Ego isn't that you have to let yourself get beaten to a pulp to use its power. At minimum, it's as strong as Blue or Royal Blue or whatever. The proper way to use it SHOULD be to just fight as normal, and as the opponent gets hits in, you get stronger rather than weaker, while they get weaker as you hit them.

Basically, you both start neutral, they slowly go down, while you slowly go up.

For some reason, Vegeta seems to think the optimal way to use it is to just get the crap beaten out of him so the opponent stays at neutral while he gets stronger. Which would be fine... if he had Android 17's stamina, but he doesn't. Even if he gets stronger, he still has limits. And he stupidly just keeps letting himself get pushed near that limit before he starts really fighting back.

Also, since when did Omen allow Goku to use Ultra Instinct but with emotions/without being calm? I thought the whole point of Omen was that it was a weak, incomplete UI, but still UI for all intents and purposes?
Old 2022-06-20, 18:05   Link #1339
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Is Goku still using Ultra Instinct? Why doesn't his fighting style seem to agree with Ultra Instinct if he is?

And yeah, Elec's plan won't work like this. I know it was never meant to work from the beginning, but Toyotaro should've at least put more effort into keeping us in suspense there.

Edit:
@GDB: I forgot about Omen. But maybe Goku's new Ultra Instinct is different from Omen and really is just a new Ultra Instinct. His own. Omen doesn't have that barrier ability, after all.
Old 2022-06-20, 18:15   Link #1340
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yeah, I don't really understand Elec's plan. If he plans on beating Frieza, why would he intentionally make Gas dispensable? What is he going to do after Gas dies?
The Dragon can only grant a single wish, right? Because I'm afraid of another asspull where it'll get revealed he asked for Gas' power to get transferred to him upon his death.

Goku kicking Gas' ass with an infinitely weaker form than the one he was getting his ass kicked in five minutes earlier makes no sense. At least Toyotaro hasn't retconned it has a time limit.

Tags
donkan mc