AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-12-12, 14:07   Link #1301
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
While they seem stronger from what we've seen, my intuition wants to say that Witches are atleast weaker so that Kyubey can harvest them efficiently.
He doesn't need to harvest them, though. Them merely being born into existence is the harvest.

Quote:
And Homura didn't turn into a witch.
Well, technically, she did. She just got better.

Quote:
I think we can make the safe assumption that Homura wrapped up the ENTIRE universe
Agreed.

Quote:
and Madoka still seems to have her powers, so to suppress that requires being atleast AS strong.
Or just a power that's "super effective" in a sense against her. A phrase from the old Jackie Chan Adventures comes to mind here. "You can fight fire with fire... or with water."

Quote:
Also, Homura is officially described as being a 'weak magical girl' as far as magical power goes. If low-grade Magical Girls can trap goddesses and consume the universe by switching out the emotion in their soul gems then the entire series becomes absurd.
That's also based on her series power though, isn't it? We aren't really sure how different she is in the new universe other than a weapon change.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 14:46   Link #1302
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:

Also, Homura is officially described as being a 'weak magical girl' as far as magical power goes. If low-grade Magical Girls can trap goddesses and consume the universe by switching out the emotion in their soul gems then the entire series becomes absurd.
Are you talking about the Gen (?) interview where he said because she's weak she has to rely on bombs and guns?

I think he meant that as a 'typical' magical girl, she's weak, ie, she has no offensively capabilities to take care of witches. Isn't there a character stats scan floating around where they give each girl stats in attack/defense/recovery/initial magic/learned magic? I remember Homura's stats in everything is nearly 0 except for initial magic, which is a whopping 7 (the max is 5).

Unlike the other magical girls she doesn't seem to have gained a better, more powerful body or any innate 'magical power' you typically associate with magical girls. It seems like her entire magic potential is being used to power her shield. Her time stop magic is pretty ridiculous. It likely freezes the entire universe when used. Also, if you attribute her time reverse/Universe jump magic to her magical power then she's actually at a pretty ridiculous level, just not in a manner that's normally considered 'powerful' in regards to normal magical girls.

Also, going back to her contract scene. Both Sayaka and Homura ask Kyubei whether any wish can be granted. Kyubei says to Sayaka "Your wish can be granted" wheres to Homura he says "It seems like you have the potential".
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 15:46   Link #1303
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
He doesn't need to harvest them, though. Them merely being born into existence is the harvest.
/griefseeds

Quote:
Well, technically, she did. She just got better.
Well, I was speaking in context of the Madokanapping. :P

Quote:
Or just a power that's "super effective" in a sense against her. A phrase from the old Jackie Chan Adventures comes to mind here. "You can fight fire with fire... or with water."
It ultimately amounts to the same thing. Especially with her having-cake-and-eat-it-too property of being a seemingly omnipotent definer of reality's rules while still getting to exist inside it.

Quote:
That's also based on her series power though, isn't it? We aren't really sure how different she is in the new universe other than a weapon change.
Does it matter? She's not acting on her Bowmura powers in any case, either.

Quote:
Her time stop magic is pretty ridiculous. It likely freezes the entire universe when used.
Or it makes her so ridiculously, impossibly fast that it effectively freezes time for her, or it lets her step out of time momentarily without actually effecting the universe itself, ala the D&D Time Stop spell.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/timeStop.htm

There's no requirement that she has to be casting a spell on the entire universe, per se.
Old 2013-12-12, 16:34   Link #1304
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:

Or it makes her so ridiculously, impossibly fast that it effectively freezes time for her, or it lets her step out of time momentarily without actually effecting the universe itself, ala the D&D Time Stop spell.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/timeStop.htm

There's no requirement that she has to be casting a spell on the entire universe, per se.
If she moved that fast, ie, the Flash, something like this would end up happening if she even tried to move:
http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

In order to prevent that, she'd need to significantly alter the laws of physics around her. Not to mention, at the speeds she'd be moving she'd be observable by a race like Kyubei as soon as she used her powers even once.

The stepping outside the Universe idea is viable alternative, although I'd still say it's power is on an incomparable level compared to the abilities of the other magical girls. Pretty much all of them just have some kind of energy <-> matter converter, where they convert the energy they gain from becoming magical girls into energy or matter that manifests in the physical world. Warping space time is on a whole other level.

In addition to the other things I mentioned, when Madoka makes her wish at the end, and Kyubei is bewildered, he states something to the effect of what Madoka is about to do has far greater repercussions than even altering time. I believe the altering time portion is a reference to Homura changing time.

Anyways, that's just how I felt about the way her powers are presented in the show. It definitely seems like she's quite 'special', just not in the usual magical girl manner.

Last edited by RobotCat; 2013-12-12 at 16:54.
Old 2013-12-12, 16:39   Link #1305
GDB

Quote:
/griefseeds
Then why was he happy when Madoka became a witch? He sure as hell wasn't getting her grief seed.

Quote:
It ultimately amounts to the same thing. Especially with her having-cake-and-eat-it-too property of being a seemingly omnipotent definer of reality's rules while still getting to exist inside it.
Isn't that how all the witches were? She was just strong enough to affect magical girls too.
Old 2013-12-12, 18:27   Link #1306
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
If she moved that fast, ie, the Flash, something like this would end up happening if she even tried to move:
http://what-if.xkcd.com/1/
The same thing would happen if she were literally freezing the whole universe; as far as physics are confirmed, there's no difference; she's moving 'infinitely fast' either way.

Also, magic.

Quote:
In order to prevent that, she'd need to significantly alter the laws of physics around her. Not to mention, at the speeds she'd be moving she'd be observable by a race like Kyubei as soon as she used her powers even once.
The same problems exist regardless. Her magic allows her to effectively 'stop time' without breaking the universe the same way a sci-fi time machine let's people go in and out of time periods without causing explosions, suffocating the passengers, or accidentally stranding them in space because the planet was in a different position in Period X as opposed to Period Y.

Quote:
The stepping outside the Universe idea is viable alternative, although I'd still say it's power is on an incomparable level compared to the abilities of the other magical girls. Pretty much all of them just have some kind of energy <-> matter converter, where they convert the energy they gain from becoming magical girls into energy or matter that manifests in the physical world. Warping space time is on a whole other level.
Not...really? The energy Homura's producing is just time-stop energy, which exists because magic.

I mean literally every magical-working is an energy-output by definition. all Homura is doing, as far as the universe is concerned from the standpoint of an outside observer, is teleporting stuff around. So any problem that solves teleporting magical girls are also solved for her.

And literally all Magical Girls functionally teleport, since they step into pocket universes in order to do their job. They should be suffocating or getting crushed or causing huge air booms capable of shattering glass when they reappear out of collapsing Witch barriers.

But they don't. Because magic doesn't care about the laws of physics whatsoever. That's the whole reason Kyubey is harvesting it.

Quote:
In addition to the other things I mentioned, when Madoka makes her wish at the end, and Kyubei is bewildered, he states something to the effect of what Madoka is about to do has far greater repercussions than even altering time. I believe the altering time portion is a reference to Homura changing time.
I doubt it. His line of dialog is more akin to "Your wish will unravel space and time itself! This goes against the laws of karmic destiny."

And even Homura was bound by the laws of karmic destiny. Whatever those are.

Quote:
Then why was he happy when Madoka became a witch? He sure as hell wasn't getting her grief seed.
You're misunderstanding. He wants both. Witches transforming releases a powerful burst right off, and that's cool. But they need to be defeatable en masse, because of the Familiar factor and because he needs to keep farming Magical Girls indefinitely, and Grief Seeds being filled up and consumed seems to produce the bulk of his energy quota.

Kriemheld Gretchen is above and beyond any sort of regular standard, since she consumes an entire planet and then radiates black magic like an eternally burning star.

Quote:
Isn't that how all the witches were? She was just strong enough to affect magical girls too.
Akuma Homura isn't a Witch, and Witches have never gotten to consume the entirety of reality and retain a human existence.

...Honestly, I'm a bit miffed that Soul-Gem!Barrier Homura's world was capable of rewriting memories when this effect has never been demonstrated before, but pretty much everyone involved subconsciously desired what was being offered one way or another, so ch'yea.
Old 2013-12-12, 18:37   Link #1307
GDB

Quote:
You're misunderstanding. He wants both. Witches transforming releases a powerful burst right off, and that's cool. But they need to be defeatable en masse, because of the Familiar factor and because he needs to keep farming Magical Girls indefinitely, and Grief Seeds being filled up and consumed seems to produce the bulk of his energy quota.
There's nothing to suggest he wants grief seeds for energy at all. All he does is dispose of them, as far as we're shown or told. The only mention of energy is from the conversion of hope to despair that occurs when a magical girl becomes a witch. Anything else is an even larger assumption than the reasoning we're all trying to come up with for how Homura compromised Madoka.

Quote:
Akuma Homura isn't a Witch, and Witches have never gotten to consume the entirety of reality and retain a human existence.
Well, in Oriko, if I recall one of the girls turned into a witch and retained her senses to a certain degree, and there was nothing really unique about her. And I never read Kazumi, but weren't there witches that turned back into human form in that too?

Plus, she's some weird amalgam of a Puella Magi and a Witch who transcended both. So, in theory, she'd have the abilities of both without being either.

Quote:
...Honestly, I'm a bit miffed that Soul-Gem!Barrier Homura's world was capable of rewriting memories when this effect has never been demonstrated before, but pretty much everyone involved subconsciously desired what was being offered one way or another, so ch'yea.
Witch's kisses seem to do something similar, though not quite the same. If Homura's power is as great as it appears, then it isn't so odd that she'd be able to change memories. Especially if you consider her power to be moreso "rewrite" rather than "rewind".
Old 2013-12-12, 22:10   Link #1308
Monoriu

Quote:

I don't think the memory rewrites in the witch/illusionay world are very effective.

Homura - ok she rewrote her own memories, which is plausible.

Sayaka and Nagisa - they just played along; they retained their original memories the whole time.

Madoka - willingly gave her own memories to Sayaka and Nagisa to fool QB (and possibly to enjoy being together with Homura again)

Kyoko and Mami - they were the only ones who were affected by the memory rewrite. But there are signs that the rewrite wasn't very effective. Kyoko mentioned that, even though this was the first time she saw such a strong side in Homura, she wasn't surprised at all. Mami, after she had Homura tied up, remembered that she fought majuu. Both cases suggest that deep down, they retained their original memories.

I also like your explanation that actually, they all enjoy their time in the illusionary world.
Monoriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 03:25   Link #1309
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
There's nothing to suggest he wants grief seeds for energy at all. All he does is dispose of them, as far as we're shown or told. The only mention of energy is from the conversion of hope to despair that occurs when a magical girl becomes a witch. Anything else is an even larger assumption than the reasoning we're all trying to come up with for how Homura compromised Madoka.
The only reason the Grief Seeds wouldn't be used for energy is if they're incapable of being used that way. It's Kyubey.

Quote:
Well, in Oriko, if I recall one of the girls turned into a witch and retained her senses to a certain degree, and there was nothing really unique about her. And I never read Kazumi, but weren't there witches that turned back into human form in that too?
Kiriha is a special case; her magic involved slowing down time so she was slowing down her Witch transformation, and she specifically wished to be perfect for Oriko, so there's an implication that her Witch continued to obey her.

As for Kazumi, I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler for Kazumi spoilers:

Regardless, by 'human existence' I was referring more to the fact that Homura gets to enjoy godhood without becoming a concept. That's kinda bullcrap. :P

Quote:
I don't think the memory rewrites in the witch/illusionay world are very effective.

Homura - ok she rewrote her own memories, which is plausible.

Sayaka and Nagisa - they just played along; they retained their original memories the whole time.

Madoka - willingly gave her own memories to Sayaka and Nagisa to fool QB (and possibly to enjoy being together with Homura again)

Kyoko and Mami - they were the only ones who were affected by the memory rewrite. But there are signs that the rewrite wasn't very effective. Kyoko mentioned that, even though this was the first time she saw such a strong side in Homura, she wasn't surprised at all. Mami, after she had Homura tied up, remembered that she fought majuu. Both cases suggest that deep down, they retained their original memories.

I also like your explanation that actually, they all enjoy their time in the illusionary world.
Bear in mind there's also the normal people Homura pulled in, but I suppose Witch Kissing is sufficient.

My miff is that it's kind of problematic for Witches to be able to mentally influence Puella Magi; the original series seemed to imply that they were immune to that sort of thing, else Witches could just nab Sayaka or whoever and be like "lol kill urself".
Old 2013-12-13, 04:32   Link #1310
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:

The same thing would happen if she were literally freezing the whole universe; as far as physics are confirmed, there's no difference; she's moving 'infinitely fast' either way.

Also, magic.

The same problems exist regardless. Her magic allows her to effectively 'stop time' without breaking the universe the same way a sci-fi time machine let's people go in and out of time periods without causing explosions, suffocating the passengers, or accidentally stranding them in space because the planet was in a different position in Period X as opposed to Period Y.
Even if we go with moving infinitely fast and hand waving the physics with magic, she'd need infinite energy to do so. At least, it'd take more magical energy than some something like the regeneration that Sayaka has.

Quote:

I mean literally every magical-working is an energy-output by definition. all Homura is doing, as far as the universe is concerned from the standpoint of an outside observer, is teleporting stuff around. So any problem that solves teleporting magical girls are also solved for her.

And literally all Magical Girls functionally teleport, since they step into pocket universes in order to do their job. They should be suffocating or getting crushed or causing huge air booms capable of shattering glass when they reappear out of collapsing Witch barriers.

But they don't. Because magic doesn't care about the laws of physics whatsoever. That's the whole reason Kyubey is harvesting it.
In most fantasy or science fiction works, teleportation is considered to be a lower tier of magic/science than time manipulation or even moving at infinite speeds. I don't think what Homura does is equivalent to teleportation either, because let's say going into a witch's barrier is teleportation, then Kyubei getting an instant new body would be too (although now that I think back it probably is teleportation). If the two are equivalent the Kyubei race would probably be using it. One instance where it definitely would have been helpful would be after Mami dying, as he's trying to get Sayaka or Madoka to contract. If he could freeze time he'd have definitely done it then because it didn't look like either of them were in the right mind to contract, and losing Madoka woudl be a pretty big blow.

Quote:
I doubt it. His line of dialog is more akin to "Your wish will unravel space and time itself! This goes against the laws of karmic destiny."

And even Homura was bound by the laws of karmic destiny. Whatever those are.
It looks like the sub I watched translated it a bit differently. I looked up the official subs and you're right about that line.

Anyways, I feel like getting sidetracked with discussing mechanics probably isn't very useful since I doubt the writers really took into consideration physics when they wrote the script. I'm going to try to just stick to the plot/official source info from now on as that'd be more accurate as to indicate what the writers intended. So I tried to find where the official description of Homura being 'weak' came from and the only source I found was this interview snippet from the March issue of the 2011 NewType:

Quote:
Miyamoto: I like it better when fight scenes are not only tough, but also have their own merits and demerits and depends on each individual's tactics. For example, Mami can bring out a giant gun, but it is single-loaded, that's why she lost to the witch…
NewType: If she's able to rapid-fire, then she might not lose.
Miyamoto: Yes. Magical girls are not strong. Homura is only strong because of her special ability, but she's weak as a magical girl.
Here, Homura is called a weak magical girl, but magical girls in general are described as 'not strong' too, with the latter referring to Mami. However, she did refer to Homura's special ability as something that makes her strong. I also found the source on the pamphlets they gave out for the first Madoka movie, which has stat charts here:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...t-magical-girl

Here's the compiled table for easy viewing:

The twitter from Urobuchi says something to the effect of these stats being a bit old because they were put on the website after the script was finished. So there are probably some changes but they're unlikely to be too different. As long as these values don't contradict the show I think they're usable. So overall, Homura is really weak (although the fact that Sayaka is even weaker is kind of surprising), but her initial magic is off the charts (literally). Even Madoka at the third timeline with 2 previous universes worth of karma doesn't reach a 7 in her primary stat. Mami's ribbon magic, which is quite powerful in terms of what it can do is only 3.5/4 on initial magic and additional magic. This also doesn't contradict the official statement, because aside from this ability, Homura is pretty terrible as magical girl as she has no offensive power nor defensive power. It seems she's really just slightly sturdier than a normal human.

I don't recall the series itself ever stating Homura was 'weak' either. The only time anyone directly talked about her magic is in timeline 2 when Mami says "it's incredible, but it's tricky to learn how to fight with it" after Homura demonstrates her power on a gasoline tank. In the current timeline, since nobody knew how her powers worked, they just assumed she was super strong. Regardless, I'm not saying she's powerful enough to do what she did in the movie, but she definitely had some karmic potential when she originally made her wish.

Last edited by RobotCat; 2013-12-13 at 05:01.
Old 2013-12-13, 14:16   Link #1311
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Even if we go with moving infinitely fast and hand waving the physics with magic, she'd need infinite energy to do so. At least, it'd take more magical energy than some something like the regeneration that Sayaka has.
How do you figure it'd take 'infinite energy'? If that was remotely the case, shit, Kyubey would just steal her Soul Gem or something.

Quote:
In most fantasy or science fiction works, teleportation is considered to be a lower tier of magic/science than time manipulation or even moving at infinite speeds. I don't think what Homura does is equivalent to teleportation either, because let's say going into a witch's barrier is teleportation, then Kyubei getting an instant new body would be too (although now that I think back it probably is teleportation). If the two are equivalent the Kyubei race would probably be using it. One instance where it definitely would have been helpful would be after Mami dying, as he's trying to get Sayaka or Madoka to contract. If he could freeze time he'd have definitely done it then because it didn't look like either of them were in the right mind to contract, and losing Madoka woudl be a pretty big blow.
Lol, I'm not literally equating teleportation and time stop as being exactly equivalent, ya doof. I'm saying that from an in-universe perspective, they're the same because an outside observer can't tell what Homura is ACTUALLY doing, and as far as the laws of physics goes regarding things like mass and movement, they're the same thing because she's moving instantaneously from a temporal perspective.

Therefore all she really needs to do is be sufficiently capable of teleporting, plus whatever is necessary to keep a subjective Time Stop perspective. That's all her magic needs to do.

Quote:
Anyways, I feel like getting sidetracked with discussing mechanics probably isn't very useful since I doubt the writers really took into consideration physics when they wrote the script.
Not sure why you brought them up, then.

Quote:
Thanks for posting this; I've seen this before, now I recall. While Homura's Time Stop ability is pretty amazing as far as utility and power goes, my argument was that outside of it she's borderline useless and that the "Initial Magic" score didn't refer to a vague 'magical energy' count but the value of their abilities. Regardless, Homura seems to work out to being about twice as strong as Mami in this stat.

As an interesting tangent, if we take this, and the comment of Homura going through "roughly a hundred timelines" at face value, then Madoka is advancing about a half-point every timeline, and if the final timeline is Timeline 100 for simplicity's sake, her Initial Magic stat is 50.

I guess that's all that's needed to cause a reality-rewriting wish. That puts a nice perspective on thing. It seems I wasn't too far off by statting Ultimate Madoka as a level 70 Puella Magi in a D&D game recently. Muehehehehe.

Quote:
Regardless, I'm not saying she's powerful enough to do what she did in the movie, but she definitely had some karmic potential when she originally made her wish.
Personally, I'd say her power comes from the particulars of how she worded her wish rather than strictly 'karmic potential'. She basically Rules Lawyered.
Old 2013-12-13, 14:35   Link #1312
GDB

That chart can't be right. Says Kyoko has 0 initial magic? She had rather decent magic abilities to begin with, she just shut them off. And it's kind of odd that she'd only have 3.5 in additional magic, yet Mami has 4, when Kyoko was pretty much on par or just below par with everyone else without even using her initial magic. ESPECIALLY if they're trying to say her offense is weaker than Mami's by a full 33%.

Quote:
As an interesting tangent, if we take this, and the comment of Homura going through "roughly a hundred timelines" at face value, then Madoka is advancing about a half-point every timeline, and if the final timeline is Timeline 100 for simplicity's sake, her Initial Magic stat is 50.
I'd assume one's wish also matters here. As the timelines went on, her wish seemed (based on the limited information we have) to become more focused and important, as opposed to world 1 where she wished to save a cat.
Old 2013-12-13, 15:36   Link #1313
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:

Not sure why you brought them up, then.
I was trying to indicate that Homura's time stop is on a way higher tier than the powers of the other magical girls, but I should have went the lore route instead of trying to justify it via science because even the science is really just speculation when it comes to topics like these. Bad tangent idea on my end.

Quote:

Personally, I'd say her power comes from the particulars of how she worded her wish rather than strictly 'karmic potential'. She basically Rules Lawyered.
I think even if she rules lawyered her wish, if she didn't have enough potential it probably wouldn't have worked? I mean, it seemed like Sayaka really just doesn't have potential for anything since Kyubei even had to tell her that her wish specifically should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That chart can't be right. Says Kyoko has 0 initial magic? She had rather decent magic abilities to begin with, she just shut them off. And it's kind of odd that she'd only have 3.5 in additional magic, yet Mami has 4, when Kyoko was pretty much on par or just below par with everyone else without even using her initial magic. ESPECIALLY if they're trying to say her offense is weaker than Mami's by a full 33%.
Well let's look at what abilities Kyoko has in the anime.
-Super strength: This is part of her offense score
-Super speed: Speed score
-Control over linked spear: offense score
-Barrier: This is probably her additional magic
-Final Attack: Additional magic too
-Sturdy: She has the highest defense aside from Madoka(3), which is how she was able to take so many blows from Oktavia and not die

I think her offense score is lower than Mami's because she's melee only. Regarding her initial magic, the scores were made when they just finished the script. It's likely her illusion magic from Different Story and drama CDs were not conceptualized until later.

Quote:
I'd assume one's wish also matters here. As the timelines went on, her wish seemed (based on the limited information we have) to become more focused and important, as opposed to world 1 where she wished to save a cat.
I think she probably had a trivial wish in timeline 2 and 3 too, because Madoka was already a magical girl in those 2 timelines before she met Homura (arguable in 3 though). Even if HOmura saved the cat in timeline 2 and 3, Madoka probably did wish for something silly like 'cake'. It wasn't until after timeline 3 that Homura really started meddling and preventing Madoka from contracting.
Old 2013-12-13, 15:48   Link #1314
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
I think even if she rules lawyered her wish, if she didn't have enough potential it probably wouldn't have worked? I mean, it seemed like Sayaka really just doesn't have potential for anything since Kyubei even had to tell her that her wish specifically should work.
Kyubey also promises that he can grant any wish. I have no doubt that Sayaka can make any wish and it would be satisfied, but the details would change. Sayaka could wish for World Peace and she's handed the launch codes to a nuke. "Threaten the world into fear and you'll have your world peace."

Madoka could make the same wish, and the world will be enlightened so that everyone, of their own free will, throws down their weapons and embraces their fellow man in brotherhood.
Old 2013-12-13, 15:52   Link #1315
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post

Lol, so much for Sayaka being of the Saber class. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 03:21   Link #1316
woxx

More information about Homura's minions
Spoiler for image:

Clara dolls
Names are:
1. IBACHI Pride
2. NEKURA Pessimistic
3. USOTSUKI Liar
4. REIKETSU Cold-heartedness
5. WAGAMAMA Selfishness
6. WARUKUCHI Slander
7. NOROMA Blockhead/Gullible person
8. YAKIMOCHI Jealousy
9. NAMAKE Neglect
10. MIE Vanity
11. OKUBYOU Cowardice
12. MANUKE Stupid-looking
13. HIGAMI Inferiority complex
14. GANKO Stubbornness
15. AI Love (poster, not a real doll)
Children of the fake town. Their role is being a mourner. They are girl shaped dress-up dolls which do the fake crying in order to liven up the atmosphere of the funeral. The dolls present are Arrogance, Sadsack, Liar, Coldheartedness, Selfishness, Badmouther, Dunce, Jealousy, Lazybones, Vanity, Cowardice, Fool, Bias, and Obstinance, while Love has yet to arrive. "The depths of this world, where the colors of the sky reach not, are their stage," and their power is a match for Magical Girls

Last edited by woxx; 2013-12-14 at 03:38.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 03:43   Link #1317
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Totally awesome.

Also, wow, it seems Homura has an extremely negative opinion of herself. Not that we didn't already know that, but god damn.
Old 2013-12-14, 05:15   Link #1318
night_sentinel

Btw, I just read this but is Homura's witch form changed?

The Nutcracker Witch. Its nature is self-sufficiency. Its gallant form, which once split many nuts, is now useless. Without any other purpose, this witch's last wish is her own execution. However, a mere decapitation will not clear away the witch's sins. This foolish witch will forever remain in this realm, repeating the procession to her execution.

Which makes sense given the context of the movie. But, what about Homulily? Non-canon?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 06:39   Link #1319
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Which makes sense given the context of the movie. But, what about Homulily? Non-canon?
Going by the description you posted, this is a witch specific to the enclosed space Homura was in. It's probably not her real witch form, which might be Homulily or something else.

On another note. Akuma Homura rewrote the universe to add a new concept (a Law) of her own into it (as QB explained) just like Madoka did with her wish, and also covered it with her barrier (entirely, as you can clearly see as it happens). I assume the latter was done so she could gain control of the Incubators and everthing else that wasn't covered by whatever Law she added to the universe.
Old 2013-12-14, 08:03   Link #1320
Monoriu

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
More information about Homura's minions
Spoiler for image:

Clara dolls
Names are:
1. IBACHI Pride
2. NEKURA Pessimistic
3. USOTSUKI Liar
4. REIKETSU Cold-heartedness
5. WAGAMAMA Selfishness
6. WARUKUCHI Slander
7. NOROMA Blockhead/Gullible person
8. YAKIMOCHI Jealousy
9. NAMAKE Neglect
10. MIE Vanity
11. OKUBYOU Cowardice
12. MANUKE Stupid-looking
13. HIGAMI Inferiority complex
14. GANKO Stubbornness
15. AI Love (poster, not a real doll)
Children of the fake town. Their role is being a mourner. They are girl shaped dress-up dolls which do the fake crying in order to liven up the atmosphere of the funeral. The dolls present are Arrogance, Sadsack, Liar, Coldheartedness, Selfishness, Badmouther, Dunce, Jealousy, Lazybones, Vanity, Cowardice, Fool, Bias, and Obstinance, while Love has yet to arrive. "The depths of this world, where the colors of the sky reach not, are their stage," and their power is a match for Magical Girls
That's a really depressing read. Homura's self-esteem probably didn't improve as she lost her only 1:1 fight in movie 3. She needed Sayaka of all people to save her, and Sayaka seemed to have the upper hand over her the whole time.
Monoriu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka