AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-07-02, 02:33   Link #1221
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Mayumi is damn near the best girl imo, but I still feel like she's getting shafted by the Author imo too. Her character is a little to passive in the current story.
Damn near? She is CLEARLY the best girl. Sadly the author made her a third year to start with so its harder to get her in after that school year was over.
Old 2017-07-02, 22:08   Link #1222
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Damn near? She is CLEARLY the best girl. Sadly the author made her a third year to start with so its harder to get her in after that school year was over.
Well if she wasn't older, she wouldn't have her teasing senpai charm
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 14:21   Link #1223
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
Well if she wasn't older, she wouldn't have her teasing senpai charm
True. Teasing senpai charm is better than blushing Kohai cliche.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 17:51   Link #1224
cyberdemon

well she could have been made a second years and gotten a little more time before graduating.
Old 2017-07-06, 17:48   Link #1225
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
well she could have been made a second years and gotten a little more time before graduating.
Her screen time will certainly increase once they enter the national magic university.
Old 2017-07-06, 21:42   Link #1226
cyberdemon

Quote:
Her screen time will certainly increase once they enter the national magic university.
assuming the author decides to go there before ending the LN.
Old 2017-07-06, 23:31   Link #1227
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
assuming the author decides to go there before ending the LN.
? Its been confirmed that it will go into university though
Old 2017-07-07, 08:54   Link #1228
cyberdemon

Quote:
? Its been confirmed that it will go into university though
hm must have missed that being mentioned.
Old 2017-07-09, 18:40   Link #1229
Ultragunner

Maube the author didn't think that Mayumi would be this popular among the fans
I bet he had Miyuki in mind as "best girl" when he started Mahouka

And for many times I have serious doubt about these authors' tastes as they rarely give "best girls" the screentime and treatment they deserve

#noshippingwar
Old 2017-07-09, 20:21   Link #1230
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

And for many times I have serious doubt about these authors' tastes as they rarely give "best girls" the screentime and treatment they deserve

#noshippingwar
kinda reminds me of the show Da Capo. Went with one route for the series and sequels but one of the other heroines was ridiculously popular. So much so that they made games dedicated to her. lol
Old 2017-07-10, 00:51   Link #1231
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

#noshippingwar
Well in a past interview, Satou mentioned that his own favorites were actually Mayumi, Mari, and Kyouko.
Old 2017-07-11, 18:08   Link #1232
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of her, but I feel like she could be better written.
Her skills get played down in favor of Miyuki.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 19:05   Link #1233
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Her skills get played down in favor of Miyuki.
To be fair, that happens with almost everyone.
Old 2017-07-11, 20:29   Link #1234
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
To be fair, that happens with almost everyone.
Yeah, but it's not like that all. I remember reading Mayumi's skills are a once in a decade? was it? Genius yet it gets downplayed and she hardly goes anything combat worthy either by getting pushed to the sidelines. Her father does it to her too IIRC.

I like her personality a little bit. Can't always understand her though.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2017-07-11, 22:18   Link #1235
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Yeah, but it's not like that all. I remember reading Mayumi's skills are a once in a decade? was it? Genius yet it gets downplayed and she hardly goes anything combat worthy either by getting pushed to the sidelines. Her father does it to her too IIRC.

I like her personality a little bit. Can't always understand her though.
Because she isn't a combat mage? And she isn't accustomed to killing people, so she really isn't suited to be on the front lines. Her father understands this, as well as Tatsuya who didn't want to take her along in volume 15, because he didn't want to kill anyone in front of her. Miyuki is more use to it, since she has taken lives even since she was young. I believe its stated that she had taken at least 3 lives when she was still in middle school. Plus when push came to shove Mayumi proved she could kick a lot of ass, one-shoting Lu Gonghu, is no small feat. She's also famed as being in the top 10 in the world at Magic Sharpshooters. Yeah, Miyuki's clearly stronger, but she's one of the strongest characters in the series, so its a pretty unfair comparison. Plus I wouldn't use shallow reasoning like "power level" to judge a character.

Also what do you not understand about her exactly? I thought her personality has been well defined and she's had good characterization, so I'm a bit confused on this point.
Old 2017-07-12, 04:28   Link #1236
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Phalenx guy isn't a combat mage either. Yet he seems to go fight more than her.

Please get off that high horse plz first of all.
Mayumi is my favorite character after tatsuya but just because their my fav doesn't mean I can't wish they'd be different.

Look, What I mean to say is just because they have combat mages doesn't mean she shouldn't play a more active role in the story rather than just being a side character.
I know her skills and power is pretty top notch, but that's just on paper, I want to read about it more and Lu Gonghu was still multi teamed so that's unfair to just qualify it as just her win.

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2017-07-12 at 11:52. Reason: Breath of fresh air and time to wake up...
Old 2017-07-14, 01:11   Link #1237
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Phalenx guy isn't a combat mage either. Yet he seems to go fight more than her.

Please get off that high horse plz first of all.
Mayumi is my favorite character after tatsuya but just because their my fav doesn't mean I can't wish they'd be different.

Look, What I mean to say is just because they have combat mages doesn't mean she shouldn't play a more active role in the story rather than just being a side character.
I know her skills and power is pretty top notch, but that's just on paper, I want to read about it more and Lu Gonghu was still multi teamed so that's unfair to just qualify it as just her win.
Katsuto is a combat magician though.

Lol, I'm not on a high horse. You're criticism just doesn't make much sense to me. Combat doesn't have anything to do with character relevance and Mayumi has had more "screen time", than any of the graduates, because she's still a important character to the plot. You should honestly be sending your criticism towards Satou if you're upset that Mayumi hasn't had the active role you desire, because that's on him and not the character.

Also you never did answer my question about why you didn't fully understand Mayumi
Old 2017-07-14, 10:28   Link #1238
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Katsuto is a combat magician though.

Lol, I'm not on a high horse. You're criticism just doesn't make much sense to me. Combat doesn't have anything to do with character relevance and Mayumi has had more "screen time", than any of the graduates, because she's still a important character to the plot. You should honestly be sending your criticism towards Satou if you're upset that Mayumi hasn't had the active role you desire, because that's on him and not the character.

Also you never did answer my question about why you didn't fully understand Mayumi
Katsuto is not a combat mage. He's a student as well as a Clan Leader.

Surely you are, considering you think your the only one right.

WFT are you talking about? All I'm saying is I'd like to see Mayumi be a more active person in the story and if she has to fight to do that I want to see that. I don't like her position in the story atm, she's still somewhat irrelevant compared to what her father has done.

......No shit Sherlock, He's the ultimate person to say these things, Your not saying anything relevant here.

She's Coy but still mysterious to me, All I'm saying I'd like to understand her person better, I.E. read it correctly.

Old 2017-07-14, 13:02   Link #1239
LKK

Give it up, guys. You've clearly reached an impasse. Agree to disagree and drop it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 15:57   Link #1240
Blakegriffin89

Does anybody think that Mayumi will do anything else to try to resolve the problems with the Yotsuba, like what she was trying to do in Vol.22?? If so, what do you think she will try to do or say??
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote