AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-04-01, 17:05   Link #12001
KnightShade

I'll take any anime if it means madan is in the spotlight again.

As an april fools, kawaguchi put out a sashas spinoff intro in his blog. it's hi key really good.
Old 2021-04-01, 21:28   Link #12002
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade View Post
They wouldn't be doing this if they didn't think it would make bank for the reasons i already mentioned. The spinoffs have to be selling well for them to even consider a reprint.

The artist is the same one from the mashas prequel.
I'm afraid I don't know who illustrated the Mashas prequel either. Could you tell me?

Quote:
I'll take any anime if it means madan is in the spotlight again.

As an april fools, kawaguchi put out a sashas spinoff intro in his blog. it's hi key really good.
I liked Iguchi Yuka's performance as Limalisha in the Vanadis anime adaptation, so I'd like to see her reprise her role as Limalisha should Carnwenhan get an anime adaptation.

Do you have a link to the April Fool's joke that Kawaguchi put out? Maybe even give us a summary of what he wrote, in English?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-01, 23:35   Link #12003
KnightShade

^^^^Konaka Shiratani

https://asakust.exblog.jp/29469133/

Sasha is sick, and ventures to brune to seek medicine. there's a monologue of her mom telling her to marry and keep living despite her blood. she runs into tigre who is hunting in the mountain range between zhcted and brune. they encounter a dragon and team up to take it down. it ends with tigre endeavoring to visit Sasha in brune and seeking out Tir Nal Fal to intervene in Sasha's fate.
Old 2021-04-02, 17:26   Link #12004
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Speaking on the tran update, Damad is an absolute bro. He has a good point, as long as tigre has the right people under him, he can do great as king.
I agree about Damad here.

And like you, I also like what he said to Tigre about getting good subordinates. That's definitely some great advice.

That April's Fools Sasha spinoff seems interesting. Would be great if it weren't just an April Fools joke.
Old 2021-04-02, 19:31   Link #12005
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I agree about Damad here.

And like you, I also like what he said to Tigre about getting good subordinates. That's definitely some great advice.

That April's Fools Sasha spinoff seems interesting. Would be great if it weren't just an April Fools joke.
My thoughts exactly. i feel like that route would be ripe for interesting plots. and sasha needs a good end smh
Old 2021-04-03, 10:41   Link #12006
DragonOsman
Dragon King

About the Damad thing. I think he understood that Tigre was asking that about becoming a king because he's concerned about whether or not he would be a good king. That's probably why Damad said, "Just find good subordinates" or something along those lines. He was addressing Tigre directly, so I think he saw through the fact it wasn't just hypothetical even though Tigre tried to word it that way.
Old 2021-04-03, 12:14   Link #12007
KnightShade

Well yea. Tigre's timidity can be quite transparent as it's a stark contrast from his normally focused personality. A trained headhunter like damad could easily pick that up.
Old 2021-04-04, 20:33   Link #12008
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Elen already ask him the question about what if Tigre has Seven Vanadises serves under him, right? The answer alone already make Elen ROFL.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 09:02   Link #12009
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I already forgot about that, so I also don't remember his answer.
Old 2021-04-05, 10:51   Link #12010
Silvertail

His answer was leave all the work to them and either take nap or go hunting.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-06, 08:07   Link #12011
Ramero

I just wish this series caught Koei's attention. It's very worthy to make a Vanadis Warriors series.
Old 2021-04-06, 14:06   Link #12012
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I just wish this series caught Koei's attention. It's very worthy to make a Vanadis Warriors series.
It would have been up to the Vanadis production committee to make one, even with Koei-Tecmo's interest. But yes, I too would have liked to have seen a Musou-style Vanadis game. Then again, how would the fans convince the production committee to allow Koei-Tecmo to make one?
Old 2021-04-08, 11:03   Link #12013
Chingaruna517

^C'mon, this shouldn't too hard of an answer, no? If One Piece, Zelda or even freakin' Berserk or ATO series got into the Musou-style, how come this series haven't yet again?

Maybe some amount of fan art will do the trick? Me myself already drawn a what would've been the game instead.
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 20:29   Link #12014
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
^C'mon, this shouldn't too hard of an answer, no? If One Piece, Zelda or even freakin' Berserk or ATO series got into the Musou-style, how come this series haven't yet again?
To my knowledge, the only Musou-style games that Koei-Tecmo collaborated on within the last 10 years were Hyrule Warriors (AKA "Zelda Musou") 1 and 2, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 1 and 2, and Attack on Titan 1 and 2 (and that's not counting the Gundam-affiliated Musou games within that time period). So yes, Koei-Tecmo does have a track record of collaborating with outside IPs to make Musou-style games.

You have to keep in mind, however, that the above franchises have had years, if not decades, to build very loyal fanbases who would shell out money for Musou-style games to do with those franchises, and Musou is not a mass-market appeal genre in any case. Vanadis by contrast doesn't have that big a fanbase, and in all likelihood wouldn't sell anywhere near the same amount as those titles for more established franchises did.

It would probably be easier to make a 1-on-1 fighting game based on Vanadis first, actually, but that's also rather unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
Maybe some amount of fan art will do the trick? Me myself already drawn a what would've been the game instead.
Now you've got me interested. Could you post up links to your fanart for a Vanadis Musou game?
Old 2021-04-09, 12:53   Link #12015
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Volume 15 Chapter 2 is finally translated.

I actually like this chapter. The reveal about Tir Na Fal and her conversation with Tigre are interesting, and I also like the little party at the end of the chapter between Tigre and the men. The reveal about the previous Knight of the Moonlight is also good.

Speaking of that title, though. It seems Regin doesn't know about its history and what it implies, after all. But I do think Faron giving him that title means that he wanted him to become king.

And I wonder if Badouin actually dislikes the idea of Tigre already having lovers since he seems to really care about Regin. He didn't express dislike outwardly, but I'm still worried.
Old 2022-09-04, 11:42   Link #12016
Drake17

which volume does the anime end at?
Drake17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-04, 20:13   Link #12017
Silvertail

It ends at volume 5. It pretty much covers Arc 1, the Brune civil war saga.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-04, 22:25   Link #12018
Drake17

thanks for the help
Drake17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 08:46   Link #12019
n0m@n
C-Z

It came out in bookwalker just today (22nd September) but the original Madan no Ou to Senki has been republished electronically by Dash X Bunko (Original was published by MF Bunko). No physical release is confirmed so far.

So far two volumes has been released/published.
The new 1st volume is made up of original volume 1 and 2.
The new 2nd volume is made up of original volume 3, 4, and 5.

The plot has been edited and has extras apparently (I just downloaded and haven't gotten around reading it just yet).

The new illustrator for this re-newed version is Shiratani Conaka who did illustration for Young Mashas.

It has turned into more fanservice than before since they have full nudity in them.

The links are below for those who wants to purchase them from Bookwalker.

https://bookwalker.jp/defbcdb554-879...-1104b4fd2091/

https://bookwalker.jp/de3d06c678-cc1...-30b9909a3750/

Feels like it will be 7 volumes long.
To separate from the original which was called "Madan no Ou to Vanadis" Kawaguchi decided to not use the translated word of the word "Senki" as "Vanadis" for the title. So its called "Madan no Ou to Senki".

Last edited by n0m@n; 2022-09-22 at 09:18.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 21:54   Link #12020
Ramero

Dang, so they choose to compact it? I hope the main story didn't get altered too much.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)