AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-13, 05:52   Link #1181
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
It is possible but the feeling I get is that Satou enjoys the shipping and will keep it all alive till the bitter end. If not then why resurrect everything in this book? The romances should have ended with the engagement, yet now the engagement has been conveniently altered to allow for open dating. Who the hell ever heard of openly dating while being engaged?

I hope you are right but it's not how I interpret whats happened in this book.
Ever wonder why he's called Satroll?

Erika's parents did it. Iam pretty sure Miya knows that Tatsurou is fucking Sayuri?(forgot the name of their step mom) up while he's still married. Thats why polical marriage always ends in a bad way cuz they tend to love their mistresses more than their official waifu.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2015-08-13 at 09:37.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 08:39   Link #1182
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Ever wonder why he's called Satroll?

Erika's parents did it. Iam pretty sure Miya knows that Tatsurou is fucking Sayuri?(forgot the name od their step mom) up while he's still married. Thats why polical marriage always ends in a bad way cuz they tend to love their mistresses more than their official waifu.
Those are all stories about mistresses. In this case Masaki and Mayumi have literally been given permission to openly attempt to break the engagement. They are not applying for the position of mistress.

Sorry, guess the concept just throws me for a loop. Trying to break up an engagement like Honoka is doing is lamentable and not really something I approve of but it happens. But, to receive what amounts to official permission to break up an engagement......

(I know there is no danger to the engagement, it's just the concept of even permitting this is really weird in my opinion.)
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 12:23   Link #1183
Echizen777

This case is still kinda special though, Tatsuya and Miyuki hid their identities so it was impossible for the others to make these kind of proposals, most thought they were from a normal family. Also, they were considered siblings, which makes that engagement news even more surprising, Tatsuya and Miyuki themselves didn't see this coming, in such a situation, I do find that allowing others to openly attempt to court them makes sense.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 12:53   Link #1184
Iramohs

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder what is the point to Heigu, since the first volume, every events has been tied back to him and he was painted as this dangerous person, but now he appear to just be an close to death old man that just want revenge and not the "last boss of the story".

I get the feeling that he is just a tool to cause chaos and not really the mastermind. I'm expecting a super anti-climatic fight at the end of part 3 of the 10MC arc already.

But if Heigu dies in two volumes, that mean that we got another plot and antagonists laying around because the year is just starting. Maybe now we will get to see Kazama up to no good, instead of it just being hinted at. We also got a yet-to-be-named magically powerful old man that meet up with Yakumo in this volume, I'm sure we will see him again.

That is if the story doesn't turn into full blown romance stuff from now on...
Mahouka has always been more about Tatsuya/Miyuki and their impact of the world around them. I don't think there will actually be anything like a "final boss" because the story hasn't been constructed that way. Also, every fight has been anti-climatic thus far in the story. Our protagonist literally cannot be killed. There's never been any tension.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-13, 19:40   Link #1185
Kadia

^ Yes...the fights were always anti-climatic. There were no casualty on the MC side so far. Actually i expected some sidekicks died in Yokohama arc, it turned out to be just a tool for showing off Tat's regrowth.

The fight with Parasite Dolls in V13 was probably the most vicious for Tatsuya.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 07:59   Link #1186
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
Mahouka has always been more about Tatsuya/Miyuki and their impact of the world around them. I don't think there will actually be anything like a "final boss" because the story hasn't been constructed that way. Also, every fight has been anti-climatic thus far in the story. Our protagonist literally cannot be killed. There's never been any tension.
Depressing isn't it. Especially when their impact has become about as exciting as watching paint dry. Mahouka is in desperate need of something unexpected. At least one plot twist that hasn't been telegraphed since the first paragraph of the first book.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 13:16   Link #1187
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Depressing isn't it. Especially when their impact has become about as exciting as watching paint dry. Mahouka is in desperate need of something unexpected. At least one plot twist that hasn't been telegraphed since the first paragraph of the first book.
Idk if its plot twists we need or the actual book itself. Reading spoilers is hardly entertaining.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 14:42   Link #1188
Echizen777

I don't know about significant plot twists but I was satisfied by the events of volume 16 and how it affected the plot.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 05:16   Link #1189
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Idk if its plot twists we need or the actual book itself. Reading spoilers is hardly entertaining.
My 2 cents, I read the full translations and I find it enjoyable. So I definitely think it's the actual book that fans need, not plot twists.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 07:49   Link #1190
Izanag1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
My 2 cents, I read the full translations and I find it enjoyable. So I definitely think it's the actual book that fans need, not plot twists.
Lucky! The one I've found is only up to the start of chapter 6... right before the juicy stuff
Izanag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 09:25   Link #1191
amtro
Distro

The one you found was the preview posted by the group leader. There isn't any other public doc for V16. Either way, I don't think we should be discussing that here. The leader posted saying that progress on V16 was going just fine.
Old 2015-08-15, 16:29   Link #1192
adridezz

Hey guys i don't know where to post this so i apologize in advance for potentially breaking any rules. So there is a thread on jcafe that I would think most of us are aware. Well i've been unable to access it. I'm located in the US and my friend from Canada couldn't get in either. I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble? Again I apologize as this message doesn't belong here but i didn't know where else to ask.
adridezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 00:54   Link #1193
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridezz View Post
Hey guys i don't know where to post this so i apologize in advance for potentially breaking any rules. So there is a thread on jcafe that I would think most of us are aware. Well i've been unable to access it. I'm located in the US and my friend from Canada couldn't get in either. I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble? Again I apologize as this message doesn't belong here but i didn't know where else to ask.
I think it's for everyone. I can't access jcafe either, it's been almost a week already that I cannot access it.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 07:37   Link #1194
Izanag1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
The one you found was the preview posted by the group leader. There isn't any other public doc for V16. Either way, I don't think we should be discussing that here. The leader posted saying that progress on V16 was going just fine.
I see... apologies, didn't mean anything by it just a comment well hopefully it becomes available and is shared otherwise no choice but to wait about half a decade for the official translations to catch up
Izanag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 01:48   Link #1195
nurismail
want to learn japanese ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I think it's for everyone. I can't access jcafe either, it's been almost a week already that I cannot access it.
really ?? i can access it ,, try change your IP address or use proxy cause some post in jcafe said they have the same problem as you,,

Last edited by nurismail; 2015-08-17 at 10:18.
nurismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 14:58   Link #1196
pampz21
ShipCore

So now that we know Jeido isnt the creator of Hliðskjálf; who do you guys think is the real mastermind of the series is?

I just wish it would be the Rozens. So Satroll can tie every loose ends with that family in a go; the Yotsuba is searching for it afterall.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2015-08-26, 17:02   Link #1197
azarhal

As it ever been suggested in the novels that Jeido was the possible creator of Hliðskjálf? I don't remember that if it was...

With a name like that (it's named after Odin's throne) you would think the person responsible was Germanic, not Chinese though. So a Rozen wouldn't be that far fetched...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 17:22   Link #1198
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
As it ever been suggested in the novels that Jeido was the possible creator of Hliðskjálf? I don't remember that if it was...

With a name like that (it's named after Odin's throne) you would think the person responsible was Germanic, not Chinese though. So a Rozen wouldn't be that far fetched...
Just wanted to tie the loose ends. I know its sound germanic;its just Satroll likes to play with names.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2015-08-26 at 19:02.
Old 2015-08-27, 01:45   Link #1199
Pierre

Oh Sweet Jesus? Odin is part of Nordic mythology aka the Nordic countries Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

They are about as similar to the Germans as the modern day Chinese are to the Japanese or Koreans. They share some ancestry and some elements of culture, but they are actually very different. But just go tell some Japanese guy that, eh Chinese/Japanese, its all the same, or tell some Swedish guy that he is German and you will get a swift kick to the back side.

So in short, no the Rozens likely have little to no connections to Hliðskjálf, unless the thing was named on a whim.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 02:40   Link #1200
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Oh Sweet Jesus? Odin is part of Nordic mythology aka the Nordic countries Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

They are about as similar to the Germans as the modern day Chinese are to the Japanese or Koreans. They share some ancestry and some elements of culture, but they are actually very different. But just go tell some Japanese guy that, eh Chinese/Japanese, its all the same, or tell some Swedish guy that he is German and you will get a swift kick to the back side.

So in short, no the Rozens likely have little to no connections to Hliðskjálf, unless the thing was named on a whim.
Eh but Satroll is japanese.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,