AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-10, 23:23   Link #101
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I think that's a very fair assumption. Of course now I'm trying to remember which had white wings (law) and which had black wings (chaos). I know Lelouch was frequently featured with black wings, naturally.
Basically everyone on the Britannian side had white wings, and those on the opposing side had black wings. The exceptions were Rolo, who had one of each, representing his shifting loyalties, and the initially absent Nunnally, who had no wings.

At first the ending annoyed me a little, when I thought of it as a loaded good vs. evil, since Charles and VV were included among the white winged ones, while Lelouch and Kallen once again got screwed over.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 23:26   Link #102
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Basically everyone on the Britannian side had white wings, and those on the opposing side had black wings. The exceptions were Rolo, who had one of each, representing his shifting loyalties, and the initially absent Nunnally, who had no wings.
What about C.C.? I seem to remember her having black and white wings. Or maybe it was something else.

Quote:
At first the ending annoyed me a little, when I thought of it as a loaded good vs. evil, since Charles and VV were included among the white winged ones, while Lelouch and Kallen once again got screwed over.
LOL, well white and black often have different symbolic meanings that don't necessarily mean good and evil in the strictest sense. In Shirley's case, however, I think her white wings represent purity and innocence.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 00:24   Link #103
azul120

Yep. She's definitely an angel. A shame both she and Euphie had to die.

All I can think of is them keeping Lelouch company in the afterlife as collective relief for all three.

I know. I'm not made of wood.
Old 2009-05-11, 00:37   Link #104
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Yep. She's definitely an angel. A shame both she and Euphie had to die.
I've said this before, but it seems to me that O&T were quite keen on killing innocent and purehearted girls. Well, then again I guess a bunch of other characters died who weren't exactly "angelic" in nature, so I can't complain too much. Still, if we're going to talk sacrifice of good people then maybe they could've taken a few more who were willing to die.

Quote:
All I can think of is them keeping Lelouch company in the afterlife as collective relief for all three.
Aah, afterlife speculations. Always fun. Of course I'm a fond subscriber to the idea that Lelouch and Shirley are gettin' there groove on in the afterlife/heaven/world of C. ....Uh, you're idea is good too

Quote:
I know. I'm not made of wood.
What do you mean? I don't get the analogy.

Anyway, I had a thought. We know Lelouch had black wings, representing chaos, as did Kallen, while Shirley got white wings. Depending on how you look at the romance aspect, you could say that Kallen complements Lelouch, being another black wing, chaotic type, or that Shirley completes Lelouch by bringing black and white together. I'm not submitting this as hard evidence or anything, but it's one way to look at their relationships.
Old 2009-05-11, 00:52   Link #105
azul120

Quote:
I've said this before, but it seems to me that O&T were quite keen on killing innocent and purehearted girls. Well, then again I guess a bunch of other characters died who weren't exactly "angelic" in nature, so I can't complain too much. Still, if we're going to talk sacrifice of good people then maybe they could've taken a few more who were willing to die.
Very true.

Quote:
Aah, afterlife speculations. Always fun. Of course I'm a fond subscriber to the idea that Lelouch and Shirley are gettin' there groove on in the afterlife/heaven/world of C. ....Uh, you're idea is good too
Well, I didn't have a menage a trois in mind. I guess Euphie being in there would be a show of good faith between her and Lelouch, and acknowledgment that the SAZ massacre was a horrid, horrid massacre. Besides, she'd just be plain awesome to have around, and it would be the first time they had any actual time together since Lelouch was exiled from Britannia.

Yep, unlike some other people, I also felt really bad for Lelouch as well when it came to that fiasco.

Quote:
What do you mean? I don't get the analogy.
It's another way of saying that I'm a softie.

Quote:
Anyway, I had a thought. We know Lelouch had black wings, representing chaos, as did Kallen, while Shirley got white wings. Depending on how you look at the romance aspect, you could say that Kallen complements Lelouch, being another black wing, chaotic type, or that Shirley completes Lelouch by bringing black and white together. I'm not submitting this as hard evidence or anything, but it's one way to look at their relationships.
The wings between those two endings were a little different, I'd say. Shirley's portrait was just symbolic of her passing on, and the qualities she possessed in life as an individual, pure, innocent, and good hearted. Qualities lacking in most of the lawful, white-winged Britannia aligned characters in the first R2 ending.
Old 2009-05-11, 01:07   Link #106
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Very true.
Indeed. I mean Xing-ke had a death flag the size of Texas. I don't think anyone would've been too surprised or distressed by that (Tianzi excluded).

Quote:
Well, I didn't have a menage a trois in mind. I guess Euphie being in there would be a show of good faith between her and Lelouch, and acknowledgment that the SAZ massacre was a horrid, horrid massacre. Besides, she'd just be plain awesome to have around, and it would be the first time they had any actual time together since Lelouch was exiled from Britannia.

Yep, unlike some other people, I also felt really bad for Lelouch as well when it came to that fiasco.
LOL, well I didn't mean a "menage a trois". I actually said your idea was nice cause it's a bit more...well, innocent than mine. Just them being reunited and happy is fine. And yeah, I do feel pretty bad for Lelouch about the massacre, because of course it wasn't intentional and you can tell he felt terrible about it.

Quote:
It's another way of saying that I'm a softie.
Ah, well I always thought the saying was "I'm not made of stone." I guess it can be both?

Quote:
The wings between those two endings were a little different, I'd say. Shirley's portrait was just symbolic of her passing on, and the qualities she possessed in life as an individual, pure, innocent, and good hearted. Qualities lacking in most of the lawful, white-winged Britannia aligned characters in the first R2 ending.
Well, not that the whole black and white wing thing has to be explored in great detail (and I'm sure it wasn't supposed to) but as I said before, black and white can have different meanings.

Yes, Shirley's pic was mostly about her passing away, but the white could also represent the fact that she was innocent and uninvolved with the chaotic doings of the world around her, while Kallen's black wings could've represented the chaos that she had become a part of and had become part of her life.

Either way, Lelouch can take the girl who complements him, supports him, and becomes very much involved in his chaotic struggle, or he can take the girl who can help bring him down to earth and help balance out his chaotic lifestyle. I mean, ultimately he did want to be able to live a peaceful life, but a lot of it also has to do with his personality and internal conflicts.
Old 2009-05-11, 16:41   Link #107
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I like your analisys, hehe. I think it's more related to the path they choose... Sort of. I can't imagine Shirley with black wings even if she had joined the BK, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 17:03   Link #108
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Either way, Lelouch can take the girl who complements him, supports him, and becomes very much involved in his chaotic struggle, or he can take the girl who can help bring him down to earth and help balance out his chaotic lifestyle. I mean, ultimately he did want to be able to live a peaceful life, but a lot of it also has to do with his personality and internal conflicts.
Well, given Lelouch's charisma (voice) and smarts you could say it was inevitable he would make a mark on the world stage. Though I do wonder if he would still rise to prominence during peacetime, or if would he "confine" himself to a normal life. I like to think he would, and given different circumstances, him and Shirley would have worked out pretty well. To an extent all the chaos resulted in a lot happening between them, quickly, and we didn't get to see how it would have developed naturally.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 18:10   Link #109
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
The answer is the most sad and obvious, I guess, but be happy with the fact that Shirley got a single - and really nice - portrait in the ending.
Yea, you have a point. I'm thankful they both got such pretty pics in the endings anyways. I guess I cant complain. XD

@ Kid: yea, thats true also, unfortunately... (about Euphie in the OPs)

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 00:25   Link #110
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Well, given Lelouch's charisma (voice) and smarts you could say it was inevitable he would make a mark on the world stage. Though I do wonder if he would still rise to prominence during peacetime, or if would he "confine" himself to a normal life. I like to think he would, and given different circumstances, him and Shirley would have worked out pretty well. To an extent all the chaos resulted in a lot happening between them, quickly, and we didn't get to see how it would have developed naturally.
Well, I guess it's just one of those philosophical questions of do people do what they do because of who they are on the inside or because of the circumstances around them? I think it's a bit of both. Certainly, there's no doubt that Lelouch was a genius and had great potential, and that would've been the same, war and severe emotional trauma or not. I mean, unless he's like this great messiah who seeks out to correct injustice wherever it is (which I don't think he is. I think a lot of it had to do with his own personal conflicts) I think he could live quite a comfortable life with Shirley in a time of peace. And if he's got great potential he could become a politician or the founder of a major corporation or some such thing. Of course another thing to consider would be if he even wants it.

As far as Shirley. Hmm, I think I could definitely see her as the doting wife and companion.
Old 2009-05-12, 01:00   Link #111
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Eh...? When was a thread created for her?! <--recently only browsing the image thread
( ;ω;)
Shirleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cgr2pd0903.png <--from the picture drama?
Really brought tears...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 01:07   Link #112
Nobodyman9
Banned

^Yep. Ain't it cool? Against all odds we got a thread made for her.

And yes, that picture is from the picture drama (the final image they left us with ) and it really is a very beautiful picture.
Old 2009-05-12, 03:39   Link #113
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Eh...? When was a thread created for her?! <--recently only browsing the image thread
( ;ω;)
Shirleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cgr2pd0903.png <--from the picture drama?
Really brought tears...
I've always the habit to look details and....anya, kaguya, nunnally...they have the same age (15 years old) so, why kaguya has a different ashford uniform?
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 03:48   Link #114
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I've always the habit to look details and....anya, kaguya, nunnally...they have the same age (15 years old) so, why kaguya has a different ashford uniform?
Hmm, I dunno. Are we sure that Kaguya is 15? Do we have an official source? For that matter are we sure Anya and Nunnally are 15? (I'm horrible at keeping track of ages ) Also it would help to know the dress code for Ashford.
Old 2009-05-12, 05:04   Link #115
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Yes, online there's a list about characters age.
And the three girls has the same (15).
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 11:20   Link #116
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Yes, online there's a list about characters age.
And the three girls has the same (15).
Hmm, well then I'm sure I don't know. Maybe she special-ordered in order to appear more adult to impress her "man," Zero.
Old 2009-05-12, 14:52   Link #117
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Hmm, I dunno. Are we sure that Kaguya is 15? Do we have an official source? For that matter are we sure Anya and Nunnally are 15? (I'm horrible at keeping track of ages ) Also it would help to know the dress code for Ashford.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=11209

Quote:
Nunnally vi Britannia(15)     10/25 Scorpio AB
Kaguya Sumeragi(15)  8/10 Leo B
Anya Alstreim(15)  10/26 Scorpio AB
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 00:26   Link #118
Nobodyman9
Banned

^Thank you very much Narona

Anywho-ooh, we need some discussion. Do you think it's possible that Shirley could've been possibly interested (romantically) in anyone besides Lelouch. And, inversely, do you think it's possible that anyone could've been interested in her (romantically) aside from Lelouch? I don't particularly think so, but I have heard the name Suzaku mentioned for this topic before.
Old 2009-05-13, 00:36   Link #119
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Wow, i don't know why, but i was sure that Anya was thirteen, hehe. In fact, i was expecting only Kaguya to be about that age, they're not that far from Lelouch and his gang at all.

And i think... No. Sorry, Nobody i do want to make Shirley's thread burning with discussions and posts, hehe, but i can't even imagine her in love with another guy to make a good comment about this matter.

In the other side, i think there's a lot of guys who would love to have a date with her. She's nice, cute, captain of the swim team... It can't get better than that. But from the famous guys, no one. Suzaku is out of question for anyone and Rivals is too busy stalking Milly... Maybe Gino, hehe.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 03:56   Link #120
Levy
differently sober

Milly.

They would have totally make a very cute couple, even if, I like Milly/Nina better... =P
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote