AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 00:11   Link #101
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
So, you are awre that PSI-missing was Nakazawa's work too, right?
Meh. PSI-missing was just too subdued and the animation going with it wasn't very compelling either. Didn't really feel like it was by the same people who brought us Hishoku no Sora and JOINT, both of which had a certain epic feeling to them.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 00:31   Link #102
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Meh. PSI-missing was just too subdued and the animation going with it wasn't very compelling either. Didn't really feel like it was by the same people who brought us Hishoku no Sora and JOINT, both of which had a certain epic feeling to them.
0-o
Hishoku no Sora even JOINT is much more popy and lite song wise than PSI-missing that has a slightly more dramatic/dark feel to it.

Both Hishoku no Sora and JOINT have alot more "umph" in their opening animation, but its over the top and sometimes a bit much.

The opening animation for Index is more subtle and less messy thus has a greater effect IMO.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 06:18   Link #103
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
0-o
Hishoku no Sora even JOINT is much more popy and lite song wise than PSI-missing that has a slightly more dramatic/dark feel to it.

Both Hishoku no Sora and JOINT have alot more "umph" in their opening animation, but its over the top and sometimes a bit much.

The opening animation for Index is more subtle and less messy thus has a greater effect IMO.
PSI-Missing did not have that much greater of an effect. It was incredibly slow and was a chore to listen to for the first few episodes to the point I just decided to skip it. It reminded me of "triangle" (Shana II ED1) though obviously PSI-Missing had a darker tone to it.

The animation for PSI-Missing was incomprehensible. You can barely even tell what the hell the series is about from just watching it. At least with the Shana OP animations I can tell it's supposed to be a boy-meets-girl story with some fantasy action as a backdrop. PSI-Missing's animation was just a bunch of random character shots and and an arbitrary action scene featuring Touma and Accelerator. Big whoop, so what's the show supposed to be about then?
Old 2009-07-30, 11:18   Link #104
ZippyDSM

Quote:
PSI-Missing did not have that much greater of an effect. It was incredibly slow and was a chore to listen to for the first few episodes to the point I just decided to skip it. It reminded me of "triangle" (Shana II ED1) though obviously PSI-Missing had a darker tone to it.

The animation for PSI-Missing was incomprehensible. You can barely even tell what the hell the series is about from just watching it. At least with the Shana OP animations I can tell it's supposed to be a boy-meets-girl story with some fantasy action as a backdrop. PSI-Missing's animation was just a bunch of random character shots and and an arbitrary action scene featuring Touma and Accelerator. Big whoop, so what's the show supposed to be about then?
And Shana's was as random in places with the arbitrary character shots only it had a ton more CGI eye candy and maybe 50% more action scene's.

Maye because you don't like index or felt the first few eps were to slow.

I'll take subtle over near visual noise.... Shana was at times trying to be something it was not.... Index maintained itself well enough without falling into gimmicks/fillers to much.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:13   Link #105
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And Shana's was as random in places with the arbitrary character shots only it had a ton more CGI eye candy and maybe 50% more action scene's.

Maye because you don't like index or felt the first few eps were to slow.

I'll take subtle over near visual noise.... Shana was at times trying to be something it was not.... Index maintained itself well enough without falling into gimmicks/fillers to much.
Don't forget that crap of triangle love in the OPs, since the beginning of the series all of we know the choosen pair... that has no sense
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 13:25   Link #106
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Don't forget that crap of triangle love in the OPs, since the beginning of the series all of we know the choosen pair... that has no sense
Shana? :P

Well shana is more SOL than Index was. Index ,at least anime wise, was not SOL/forced romance heavy(like MF). Don't get me wrong I like Shana season 1 and 2 but quality content wise you can boil it down to maybe half where as you boil index down and you might lose 2 or 3 eps.

Shana/MF was milked alot more than index was IMO and frankly because Index is not as "messy" I like it more. But even as much as I rag on MF its still a realtivly good series, I mean come on boil M7(which was milked more or draged out longer than MF)/MF down and you get about 50% pure quality on both.

But over all Index did everything good enough and mostly I can say the same for shana 1, shana 2 went into over drive on the fluffy needless content.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:04   Link #107
Tokkan

Quote:
What? No, the point was that Shana's OPs actually told what the story was supposed to be. There was meaning to what was being shown.

The PSI-Missing animation told me nothing, it just shoved characters in my face without telling me who they were. An opening is supposed to give some semblence of who the characters are and what they are in terms of plot. The Index OPs in general were incredibly misleading since they painted Index herself as being more important than she actually was and there was the fact that they featured some action. Action as it was shown in Index as I watched it was portrayed as being an incredibly tertiary (in fact almost quarternary) element to the series, since the show was more like a classical sci-fi show where exposition was key to progression. Action therefore had absolutely no place in the OPs.
Old 2009-07-30, 23:15   Link #108
ZippyDSM

Quote:
What? No, the point was that Shana's OPs actually told what the story was supposed to be. There was meaning to what was being shown.

The PSI-Missing animation told me nothing, it just shoved characters in my face without telling me who they were. An opening is supposed to give some semblence of who the characters are and what they are in terms of plot. The Index OPs in general were incredibly misleading since they painted Index herself as being more important than she actually was and there was the fact that they featured some action. Action as it was shown in Index as I watched it was portrayed as being an incredibly tertiary (in fact almost quarternary) element to the series, since the show was more like a classical sci-fi show where exposition was key to progression. Action therefore had absolutely no place in the OPs.
I am not that reliant on an opening/ending to be prefect or tell a story, IMO they are suppose to be a music video that drives interest in the show. The opening was almost more marketing ploy than a abridged and compressed "story" of the main story ala shanas openings.

I still like it more than Shanas over the top visual noise leaning openings, they were not bad but more misleading IMO....

I do tend to expect an opening to drive interest in a show with a upbeat or dramatic sound, it gets the blood flowing ya know, then end it with a soft/slower dim/darkly dramatic sound. Its not always bad when they don't this but sometimes it can be a bit much, the more poppy lite outro to Kaze no stigma when the story was on edge and dramatic for instance.
Old 2009-08-01, 06:32   Link #109
tsunade666

Hmm now what's this. I've been keeping silent when I read a couple of first but it still continue but please. Don't compare both and this thread is about railgun. Not shana and not index and comparing both op/en just to see which is better and have a better song is childish.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 06:35   Link #110
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Hmm now what's this. I've been keeping silent when I read a couple of first but it still continue but please. Don't compare both and this thread is about railgun. Not shana and not index and comparing both op/en just to see which is better and have a better song is childish.
Off topic dooling...I do it so well ><

that or online I can talk about "anything" and make it a half decent conversation..IRL I am quite >>

Anyway when dose railgun start up again?? I keep getting existed for it 0-o
Old 2009-08-01, 06:44   Link #111
tsunade666

if its anime its around october if its about manga I'm not sure its monthly release. I usually wait in MH for someone uploading it.
Old 2009-08-01, 06:46   Link #112
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if its anime its around october if its about manga I'm not sure its monthly release. I usually wait in MH for someone uploading it.
aahhhh!!! 2 more months ><
Old 2009-08-09, 20:25   Link #113
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
when will be the anime version of this???

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
gigaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 23:07   Link #114
tsunade666

october or november. read the previews post.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:42   Link #115
Midonin
Last Engage

Something of a finalized website is up now.

http://www.project-railgun.net/
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 10:55   Link #116
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

Hmmm... Exactly the same team from the Index anime besides a new director, series composer and music director. (edit: and prop designer)
Old 2009-08-14, 13:34   Link #117
TadloS

Trailer bad quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWzlxrkewg
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 13:53   Link #118
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

Finally the site has a decent view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadloS View Post
I need a best resolution

EDit: Awesome railgun is awesome

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-08-14 at 14:28.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 17:37   Link #119
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Well this is shaping up to be my most anticipated anime this upcoming season. Everything is looking mighty fine.
Old 2009-08-14, 22:00   Link #120
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Hmm, I still prefer the light novel and manga's art style. JC Staff seems to...over chibi-fy :P
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen