AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2006-03-20, 10:57   Link #101
Kensuke

BBC: Titanium teacher cycles to Geneva

Quote:
A teacher who claims to have more metal in his head than anyone else in Europe after a skiing accident, is planning a fundraising bike-ride to Switzerland.

Gavin Rees from Milford Haven, west Wales, underwent 19 hours of surgery to rebuild his face after falling 200m while on a 'difficult' run in the Alps.
I guess he has to cycle to Geneva because he could't pass airport security.

But to survive a 200 meter fall, that is amazing.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 23:39   Link #102
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Programmable Beverage Containers

Finally...I've been waiting for this.

Programmable Beverage Containers
Quote:
Surface buttons on bottles release colors, flavors, fragrances, and one or two doses of caffeine.

Ipifini's Programmable Liquid Container technology employs buttons on the container's surface that release additives (flavors, colors, fragrances) into the liquid. Additive buttons allow for the consumer to choose variations of the liquid in the container at the point of consumption. For example, a programmable cola bottle with buttons for lemon, lime, vanilla, and cherry flavors as well as a caffeine button allows for thirty-two potential choices of soda. A programmable paint container with twenty pigment additive buttons allows the consumer to choose from one million colors.

"Providing choice at the point of consumption creates tremendous advantages for the consumers as well as the manufacturer," noted co-inventor Glenn Wachler.

(read...)
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 06:41   Link #103
evil-samurai

8 year old School Kid accused of sexual harassment

Article

Watch out, you never know when you are going to be sexually harassed by a 8 year old boy O.o

Really, Sorry this was so Crazy and extreme, I had to post it for the life of me I cant belive a teacher... would make a 8 year old sign something like that I've read alot of Crazy things, but this is laughable in my opinion.

A few comments from a the poster there.

"Fire every teacher involved"

"A world gone mad"

"Its great that the rest of the world get to see what life is like in the US"

Anyway.. I wonder what others would of done if they were the teacher involved in a situation like that? was the school a little Extreme with the way they dealt with the situation?
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 08:33   Link #104
DaFool
Resident devil

The whole PC (politically-correct) / equality has gone overboard in the West. No wonder many boys drop out of school and don't bother with high school or college, they took the hint that the system was screwed up even at the early age of eight!

The problem is many of these boys will then proceed through life without much of an education (yes a screwed up PC-education may be better than no education at all). In 20 years' time the West will be populated by uneducated boorish men and overeducated (albeit mostly with Women's Studies and other unpractical subjects) PC women who will then complain what ever happened to all the nice guys and chivalry and why are there so many rapists around? Well, sisters, castrating the boys even before they get a chance to even grow a d*ck and what you have is a self-fulfilled prophecy that yes men will become violent animals precisely because the system made them that way.

Then onward to the downfall of the West as these overeducated women would rather die childless than have to interact with all the new animal men that were produced, and then the old Patriarchy in the immigrant communities and third world countries with their tried-and-tested Lineage System and F*ck if my son ever would become a Wimp would easily out-populate the more liberal communities. They will then take over government and society.

Thus in the near future, Patriarchy will definitely make a comeback. It's really sad though that whatever progress has been made in women's rights would be hindered by a simple formula of Darwinian population / reproduction processes.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 09:28   Link #105
Roopoo
Roo

Send a message via MSN to Roopoo
So when it was the other way round did women run around raping all the men?
Roopoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 11:26   Link #106
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
shows you where the sex offender crusade is going
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 12:38   Link #107
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
I personally think it's a bit silly to accuse kids of this kind of thing. Most of them probably don't even know what sexual harassment means at that age.

I work at a children's photography studio, and I get grabbed in weird places by kids all the time. But do I think of it as harassment? No. The other day a one-year-old boy was crying and when I went to pick him up he reached out and grabbed wherever he could get to. Unfortunately that place happened to be my chest. So should I say that one-year-old was harassing me? Of course not. That would just be stupid.

What I worry about more is the parents accusing ME of harassment. When I'm posing the kids for the pictures I usually try to just tell them what I want them to do first. But sometimes they won't listen to that so I have to go move them myself. Sometimes the parents will freak out and be like, "Don't you touch my child! I'LL do it!" Which really irritates me because I wonder what they think I'm going to do and plus they usually pose them wrong anyway and I have to sit there and walk them through it since they won't let me do it myself. It takes forever. I mean, really people. Just because I move your kid’s arm doesn’t make me a child molester.

I just think a lot of people are over-sensitive and paranoid these days. They read too much into everything. You really have to be careful about what you do because you never know who is going to turn around and try to sue you for it.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 13:09   Link #108
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
I want to be a child and grab all places...
________
VAPORIZER REVIEWS

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:14.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 13:30   Link #109
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
Sometimes the parents will freak out and be like, "Don't you touch my child! I'LL do it!" Which really irritates me because I wonder what they think I'm going to do and plus they usually pose them wrong anyway and I have to sit there and walk them through it since they won't let me do it myself.
That sucks!, and come one too, I've seen some of the photo's of you in the "post your picture thread" ^^ You definally dont have any ~scary/shady look going on. Your photo are quite nice, and I dont think a normal! person, would think you of any wrong doing in such a job. Athough its good that people are more attentive to look after children, alot of people give you evil looks no-matter what >.>
Quote:
You really have to be careful about what you do because you never know who is going to turn around and try to sue you for it.
True, you do have to be carfull you never know when you are going to get in trouble from posting a photo of yourself O.o
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 16:26   Link #110
DaFool
Resident devil

Whatever happened to trust? As in, adults can be trusted (usually)? Children also need casual physical contact from community adults--whether relatives, teachers, or any place of business children frequent. I can almost guarantee if these 'do not touch my child' extremeness continues for another generation, chimpanzees in zoos will be far more healthy psychologically than the majority of western kids.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 16:38   Link #111
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

If a cute/sexy guy does it, it's called making contact.
If a unsexy guy does it, it's called sexual harrassment.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 21:51   Link #112
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
If a cute/sexy guy does it, it's called making contact.
If a unsexy guy does it, it's called sexual harrassment.
If a girl does it... noone cares.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 10:19   Link #113
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
I want to be a child and grab all places...
Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
That sucks!, and come one too, I've seen some of the photo's of you in the "post your picture thread" ^^ You definally dont have any ~scary/shady look going on. Your photo are quite nice, and I dont think a normal! person, would think you of any wrong doing in such a job. Athough its good that people are more attentive to look after children, alot of people give you evil looks no-matter what >.>
Well, thank you for the support. I don't think it's me in particular, though. There are parents who are just way too overprotective. It's good to have concern for your children, but there are lines that shouldn't be crossed, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Fool
Whatever happened to trust? As in, adults can be trusted (usually)? Children also need casual physical contact from community adults--whether relatives, teachers, or any place of business children frequent. I can almost guarantee if these 'do not touch my child' extremeness continues for another generation, chimpanzees in zoos will be far more healthy psychologically than the majority of western kids.
I agree. If they grow up around that kind of behavior they're going to start avoiding people like the plague. And when they get older I'd imagine it'd be harder to have any sort of intimate relationship because all their life it's been "No touchy!!!" It's sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
If a girl does it... noone cares.
Oo, really??? Ok! *harrasses everyone*
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 13:40   Link #114
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Article

Watch out, you never know when you are going to be sexually harassed by a 8 year old boy O.o

Really, Sorry this was so Crazy and extreme, I had to post it for the life of me I cant belive a teacher... would make a 8 year old sign something like that I've read alot of Crazy things, but this is laughable in my opinion.
I posted a similar one that happened..here is the post:

Quote:
A boy at Downey Elementary in Brockton, Mass., has been suspended for sticking his fingers in a girl's waistband. The boy's mother, Berthena Dorinvil, says she "screamed' when she heard about the disciplinary action.

Dorinvil says the boy is just six and has no idea what sexual harassment means. Dorinvil says her son wanted to know if the police were going to take him away.

Dorinvil says the children were playing on the floor and touching each other. She says her son touched the girl's shirt, but not her skin.
Llama, I agree with your observations, this are just kids and they are really just being, what they are Kids that don’t know what they are doing.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 21:40   Link #115
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Mom dies after child's 911 call treated as a prank

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12209179/from/RL.1/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12208992/

Oh the coup d'grace reading this news somewhere else where some 911 operator says: "we wonder why kids have access to phones." Uh sure. Kindergarteners own mobile phones. Hello~? Welcome to the 21st century!?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:46   Link #116
Disembodied Voice
m-serve style

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Mom dies after child's 911 call treated as a prank

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12209179/from/RL.1/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12208992/

Oh the coup d'grace reading this news somewhere else where some 911 operator says: "we wonder why kids have access to phones." Uh sure. Kindergarteners own mobile phones. Hello~? Welcome to the 21st century!?
Should be at the very least, FIRED.

The sad part is having read it completely, that dispatcher will come off clean from this incident since they're union and probably just get tossed over to another unit. I guess it's not their job to treat every call as serious no matter what the incident in order to ensure safety.

Hopefully the kid doesn't end up messed up towards delinquency from this.
Disembodied Voice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 15:52   Link #117
Kensuke

BBC: Brokeback Mountain is too graphic for U.S. prison

Quote:
A US prison officer is to be disciplined for showing the gay cowboy movie Brokeback Mountain to inmates.
Did they fear that they would be traumatized after seeing the film?
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 17:04   Link #118
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
BBC: Brokeback Mountain is too graphic for U.S. prison

Did they fear that they would be traumatized after seeing the film?
No, they were worried about a spate of copy-cat crimes ...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 23:30   Link #119
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060407...t_060407152117

Now that is something...
________
SUPERBIRD

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:15.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 23:45   Link #120
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Wholy crap! Look at the size of that bunny!!

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor