AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-09-04, 11:47   Link #101
TommyG

Heracles (the original) has already made an appearance as has the original Perseus, both of whom are Zeus' ilagitamet children
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 11:51   Link #102
Lucidrago

No they didn't. Heracles who inherited the spirit of Heracles and Perseus who is either the descendant or inherited the spirit of Perseus appeared.

For all we know, the original Heracles and original Perseus could have just been regular humans and not dem igods in DxD.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 11:58   Link #103
TommyG

If you check the wiki page for the hero faction it lists Perseus as the inheritor of the demigod spirit Perseus although to be fair it says Heracles is the inheritor of the hero Heracles so it is a bit ambiguous
Old 2018-09-04, 13:06   Link #104
Royalknightftw

I am really up for the idea of Issei's peerage members and retainers consisted of someone from different backgrounds and myths since it could potentially add more world building.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 13:16   Link #105
TommyG

Royalknightftw I am hoping for something similar which is in part why I hope he doesn't only get 1 pawn, 2 or 3 would be preferred in my opinion. On reflection about my demigod character I have changed my mind to a daughter of Zeus. The reasons I now think this would be better are that Athena in mythology has no children while Zeus has several which leads to my 2nd reason. As a demigod she could have a sacred gear as all the other Greek sacred gear holders have a hero's spirit, with that in mind she could have Helen of Troy's spirit as a sacred gear since she also was a daughter of Zeus. The sacred gear could have an ability that draws the attention of men to the point that they turn on one another. The only problem I would have with this is that as Zeus' daughters her powers would probably control over wind and thunder which kind of steps on Ravel and Akeno's toes.
Old 2018-09-04, 14:28   Link #106
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Royalknightftw I am hoping for something similar which is in part why I hope he doesn't only get 1 pawn, 2 or 3 would be preferred in my opinion. On reflection about my demigod character I have changed my mind to a daughter of Zeus. The reasons I now think this would be better are that Athena in mythology has no children while Zeus has several which leads to my 2nd reason. As a demigod she could have a sacred gear as all the other Greek sacred gear holders have a hero's spirit, with that in mind she could have Helen of Troy's spirit as a sacred gear since she also was a daughter of Zeus. The sacred gear could have an ability that draws the attention of men to the point that they turn on one another. The only problem I would have with this is that as Zeus' daughters her powers would probably control over wind and thunder which kind of steps on Ravel and Akeno's toes.
I prefer if Ise's peerage members powers didn't intersect with Rias peerage or are to similar to other members.

Last edited by Darksider555; 2018-09-23 at 11:44.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 14:45   Link #107
TommyG

I would too, hence her power being an issue for me but at the same time there is still some existing overlap with the characters powers already. Koneko can use her kasha technique to create flames which encroaches on Ravels pyrokinesis, similarly Issei as a dragon can also use flames.
Old 2018-09-04, 14:50   Link #108
Lucidrago

@Darksider The only thing I have against most of your ideas is that they are too similar to some other characters.

Powerful species and half-human and possesses a Sacred Gear: Vali, Ingvild, Gasper, Valerie.

And two of those physical descriptions seemed like you drew inspiration from Akame(Akame ga Kill) and Fine(Madan no Ou to Vanadis).
Old 2018-09-04, 16:21   Link #109
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
@Darksider The only thing I have against most of your ideas is that they are too similar to some other characters.

Powerful species and half-human and possesses a Sacred Gear: Vali, Ingvild, Gasper, Valerie.

And two of those physical descriptions seemed like you drew inspiration from Akame(Akame ga Kill) and Fine(Madan no Ou to Vanadis).
I mostly drew inspiration from Magika No Kenshi To Shoukan Maou for the character apperances.

I'm not to bothered by the hybrid situation as that is a general state that isn't just unique to say Vali.

I wanted to balance out the weaknesses of ise's team. And a team of hybrids could be Ise's team unique trope.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 17:56   Link #110
B214

Quote:
No they didn't. Heracles who inherited the spirit of Heracles and Perseus who is either the descendant or inherited the spirit of Perseus appeared.

For all we know, the original Heracles and original Perseus could have just been regular humans and not dem igods in DxD.
You can't inherit the name if the person never existed though. Well it could be that they copied Cao Cao and took on another name just for the sake of it but we do know Hercules/Heracles exist.

Quote:
[Wait! Is that the Nemean Lion!? No, that jewel is……]

It seemed like sensei who was the commentator realised something and became shocked. The announcer then asked him.

[What do you mean?]

[……It was originally the opponent who the original Hercules faced in one of his twelve labours……. The God from the Bible captured one of them and sealed it inside the Sacred Gear. It became something that was listed as one of the thirteen Longinus. If you master it, you can split the Earth in a single swing, and it can also transform into a huge lion. The “Regulus Nemea”! I remember it also had an ability to protect the possessor from projectile weapons. But I received the information that the possessor has been missing for the past several years. I never thought it would have become the “Pawn” of Bael Team……]
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 21:03   Link #111
Lucidrago

I'm not questioning if they exist. I'm just questioning if they are demigods like in the original myth. The originals could have been just human heroes in DxD instead of half-god like in the original myth.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-09-05 at 00:04.
Old 2018-09-04, 21:50   Link #112
B214

True, we can't know till Ishi confirms it after all.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 01:13   Link #113
Parry999

Quote:
I'm not questioning if they exist. I'm just questioning if they are demigods like in the original myth. The originals could have been just human heroes in DxD instead of half-god like in the original myth.
The term demigod exists though. It's kind of irrelevant to confirm it since humans have super powers anyway.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 04:57   Link #114
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
I have new ideas for Ise peerage members. I would prefer if Ise doesn't add anyone who is stronger than Ingvild since I want her to be the second most powerful member after Ise. So that means no Nyx or Verrine. Ingvild's potential should be Maou or Super devil. As for the rest of the characters they will be my original ideas.

Rook: A half human Ice dragon. She has pure white skin with light blue hair that is tied into a pony tail. Her eyes are also light blue & her body is well toned & she is well endowed. She wears a blue/black catsuit when in combat.
*She has a Sacred Gear, "Volcanic Wrath", which takes the form of a flaming axe which can be used to create ground quakes that launch lava. It's earth spiliting power is inferior to "Regelus Nemea" but it's still powerful. Her Balance Breaker is "Vocanic Vanguard", which adds a shield and gauntlets which add an extra layer of protection.

Knight: A Japanese swordswoman with a Katana type Demonic Sword, most likely Muramasa. She has straight black hair which is a bit wavy. Her breasts are the same size as Xenovia's & Irina's. She wears a japanese type kimoto which has long sleeves but leaves her shoulders exposed. The kimoto goes down to her legs, leaving the area around the belly button exposed as the bottom portion forms a short black skirt and she wears high heel boots that go a bit above her knees. She is very skilled with her demonic sword, being immune to it's negative effects due to the swords being bound to her family.
*She has a Sacred Gear called "Gale Flash Wing" and it's Balance Breaker: "Storm Destroyer"

[Gale Flash Wing]- A Sacred Gear which takes the appearance of 4 multicolored wings that protrude from the back of the possessor. The wings can produce powerful gusts of wind with each flap that the possessor can use to attack the enemy. The possessor can also use the wind to propel them allowing them to move at very fast speeds while flying. Can also increase the force of their physical attacks through the powerful wind created from their wings.

[Storm Destroyer]- Balance Breaker. The number of wings double to 8. Vastly increases the power output. In addition the body of the possessor in a layer of wind that acts as a defense and can actually reflect certain attacks(weak attacks or attacks of a certain nature). Can also create a giant whirlwind surrounding them and spinning in place really fast to the point where wind rapidly starts accumulating and turns into a whirlwind.

Pawn (3 pieces): A Onee-sama type beauty with long silver hair which is tied into a wavy ponytail, dark-olive tan colored skin, large breasts that are the same size as Rossweise's & yellow eyes. She wears a black dress that cover her front & backside leaving the sides of her dress completely exposed which tie the dress together with yellow bracelets. Her dress has a slight hole opening around the chest area which gives good look at her ample chest.
*She is a skilled druid with nature based magic. Due to her training she has good hand to hand skills which she can enhance with Touki as she was able to learn to access it via her earth manipulation. She can also influence fauna and use it to attack her enemies.

Pawn (2 pieces): a Succubus born between a union of a female Succubus & a male magician. She has long light green & green eyes. Her body is well developed, with her breasts being as large as Rias's She wears black corset dress with black high hell boots that extend up slightly above her knees. She also wears black long gloves. She can extend her Succubus wings which look similar to devil or vampire wings & tail as she chooses.
*She can use illusion magic to confuse her enemies and she can enhance her beauty to entrance her male opponents. Due to her human heritage, she can use a Sacred Gear.

[Moonlight Bow]: A bow that can launch energy arrows that are filled with the powers of the Moon. The arrows can be charged for extra power. The longer the charge, the more powerful the arrow.

Balance Breaker-[Moonfall Archress]: The bow charge time is reduced and it's arrows can be rapid fired. The bow can launch a barrage of starblasts from the sky but this ability needs to recharge.

Pawn (3 pieces)- She had emerald eyes & blond hair which is styled in a braided bun. Her breasts are the same size as Xenovia's. She wears red/black corset and red dress. She wears black high heel boots and red stockings that go up to her thighs. She occasionally styles her hair in twin tails.
* She uses the Holy Sword Secace. She also has a Sacred Gear called [Holy Maiden's Flag of Promised Victory].

[Holy Maiden's Flag of Promised Victory] : Raises nearby allies fighting ability.
Balance Breaker : widens the area of effect & allows the wielder use a new flag, each with it's own effect:
Red flag [Dragon's Burning Flag] : boosts offensive abilities of allies.

Blue flag [King's Knightly Flag]: boosts defense and endurance of allies.

Black flag [Heretic Sorcerer's Dark Flag]: puts curses on enemies. A curse lowers an enemy's abilities randomly and strengthens debuffs that the enemy already suffers.

White flag [Pious Saint's Holy Flag]: puts blessings on allies. A blessing lowers an ally's consumption of stamina and strengthens buffs that the ally already is enjoying.

Special thanks must go to @Lucidrago for the idea of [Gale Flash Wing] & @Norn for the idea of [Holy Maiden's Flag of Promised Victory].
I am really surprised with your options.. But remember Ishi tweet(new/old characters)..

I think that he will add one last old character in Issei Peerage, maybe Le Fay(the only human in Issei harem) for give her more lifetime..
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-05, 10:45   Link #115
TommyG

I thought the same but according to B214 When I asked the same that the tweet didn't specify that his remaining peices would be both new and old characters, but his peerage would consist of old and new characters. As for Le fay's lifespan I'm hoping that Vali gets his own evil peice set so he can compete outside the Azazel cup and Le fay could be his bishop
Old 2018-09-05, 13:57   Link #116
Lucidrago

When was the tweet even posted and what did it exactly say? Because some people could just be misinterpreting it.
Old 2018-09-08, 18:44   Link #117
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelDxD View Post
I am really surprised with your options.. But remember Ishi tweet(new/old characters)..

I think that he will add one last old character in Issei Peerage, maybe Le Fay(the only human in Issei harem) for give her more lifetime..
I think that Le Fay will become a devil through Vali, not Issei. Issei already has her as his contract witch. I'm sure Vali's gonna get his Evil Pieces (he could already get them since he is an ultimate class devil) so he will have the chance to fight in more rating games since he is a battle maniac (if I recall he already told Issei that he would like to fight him and Rias' team in a rating game kind of fight)
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 07:36   Link #118
Ka-el

If we talk about some ideas that of course will never be realised in the novel, then I have some too.

Rook: the result of an experiment of Loki, realised mixing the genes of Bergelmir (frost giant), Surtr (fire giant) and Ymir (the first giant) in the body of a newborn human girl. To balance the amount of power injected into that girl Loki used his magic and forbidden spells, the purpose was the creation of a being that on his its could have caused Ragnarok. Mixing the colossal strenght of the first giant with the fire and ice, Loki would have created the ultimate weapon. And the fact of being human would have killed her in the moment her power became too great, granting Loki that she would have not been able to survive long enough to turn against him. Her body should have exploded so badly to ice the oceans and burning down the earth. Turning her into a devil and canalize her power though devil magic and, with the proper training, touki, could save her life. As Issei, she has to control opposite powers inside of her and find a way to balance them. Her physical strenght is extreme, and she can generate fire, ice and water which, once she will be able to master their full potential, could destroy the world. Sairaorg thinks that her full potential could put her on the same league or even above Regulus Nemea.

Knight: A european swordswoman of celtic origin with a SG called "Silver King" or "Silver Arm of Túatha Dé Danann". It's a SG which cover with silver the right arm (from the shoulder to the fingers of the hand) the owner. It grants the power to multiply the sharpness of the blade the right hand holds by 10 times. But when it's combined with the legendary sword Claíomh Solais, the conscience of the (dead) celtic god Nuada awakens and its real power is shown, evolving the SG giving it a power so great to be classified as a Longinus, since with the sword of the god himself, the sharpness is amplified by over 100 times and can cut everything in its way, even gods' soul with the Balance Breaker, which cover the whole body with transparent silver which turns the body into a sword itself (not physically, just the power), able to cut everything that tries to hit it, magic, weapons, body parts and even curses. The only way to stop the cuts, even the flying ones, is to catch them by the sides with an incredible amount of strenght. There are, however, weapons able, if properly used and with enough power, to hold on against its power: Caliburn and Gramr.

Pawn (3): The daughter of a half dwarf and half dark elf man and a human woman, so a dwarf-elf-human which gave her the height and appearance of a human woman, but the ability and magic of dwarves and dark-elves in creating and enhancing incredible weapons and objects. Since her power is supportive and not offensive, Evil Pieces required are just three, but she can greatly improve her force through the objects and weapons she can create.

Pawn (3): The inheritor of the soul of Circe, the goddess of magic/witch/enchantress/sorceress in Greek mythology. She has a SG called "Ancient Enchantress" or "Goddess of Transformation and Sorcery's Grimoire" which indeed has the form of a grimoire (spell book) in her left hand, with an incredible amount of magic formulas to perform great spells, especially the ones able to transform people and the creation of poisons. Her magic is also 3 times more effective against male opponents. With her Balance Breaker she can activate dozens of spells at the same time and, as long as she has a drop of magic in her, she is practically immortal. Another power granted by her BB is that her magic is 10 times stronger against male opponents.

Pawn (1): Kiyome Abe. Becoming a devil, she was went to the Familiar Master and using her ability as a Beast Tamer, enhanced by devil magic, especially considering the fact that Issei granted her the permission to promote in that forest, Kiyome captured many familiars and she was even able to take the evil and powerful Nine-Headed Hydra that Rias mentioned speaking to Issei long ago. On top of that, she also made friend with Tiamat and she accepted to become her familiar. Using her power of Beast Tamer combined with a spell she created, she found the way to improve her familiars' and beasts' power according to how she promote herself. When she promote to Rook, for example, all the familiars gain the trait of the Rook, improving their strenght and defense. She practically can promote her whole party of creatures when she promote herself.

Pawn (Mutation Piece): the descendant of the monk Rasputin, and she has a unique Sacred Gear since hers has been passed down from generation to generation because it was corrupted by the monk himself through mysterious black arts and pacts with the devils. It's called "Holy Profane" or "Evil Petrine Cross Which Defies God" and grants the wielder different powers. It has the form of a black Cross of St. Peter. The most feared of its abilities is the power to improve the power of any kind of evil creature, for example devils, fallen angels and vampires. It can also heal fatal wound on evil beings. It can also canalize dark power of the creatures with which the wielder came in contact, since a small portion of the improved energy it grants to evil beings is sealed into the SG. So the more creatures come into contact with it, the greater the power guaranteed to its owner. This power takes the form of what is called Dark Touki, a stronger and evil version of Touki, which is also much more difficult to control, since it grants the user an incredible amount of Senjutsu power. The malice that risks to corrupt the wielder is on a whole other level compared to Senjutsu itself, so it's almost impossible to master this power without losing oneself. If you are able to perform this feat, however, you obtain a body incredibly strong through Dark Touki and a Senjutsu so powerful to be considered almost bottomless, since it can only grow with new evil beings the owner meets. Once you master the Dark Touki, even if you're body is fatally wounded or even dismembered, it restores itself with dark healing power, giving the owner the ability to fight almost endlessly. In his BB, called "Symphony of the Dead" Holy Profane allows the wielder to summon a great amount of corpses imbued with Dark Touki, and the SG takes the form of a mystic keyboard. Playing it, the wielder controls the corpses with the music of a pipe organ and allows them use senjutsu to control the nature around them and dark touki to enforce their physical strenght. If they get destroyed, they becomes black mist and then they come back as they were before being attacked, so the only way to stop them is to stop the wielder. The Church classified Holy Profane as a "Desecrated Gear" because of its nature. They thought it was finally lost forever after they killed the last possessor (her father), then they found out that he had a child with a prostitute. Once they killed him, Holy Profane was passed to her and she was hunted down for months religious fanatics through the forests of Russia, and even Stray Devils pursued her to make her increase their power. Coming in contact with them and being force by them to use her gear, she absorbed malice and got out of control, killin the stray devils and chased away the fanatics with her evil power. Angels decided to kill her to prevent her from killing innocents like the other members of her cursed family, but Issei decided to stand up to them for her. Issei, being a devil, was not listened by her, and she attacked him after the malice in her got out of control, but Issei decided not to fight her, so he didn't even use his SG and kept taking all her powerful blows until her conscience stopped her own body when he was about to die instead of hurting her to defend himself. She healed him and started to cry desperately. Once she got he was about to die, she tried to kill herself out of guilt, but Issei stopped her with his hand, begging her not to do it, because her death would have hurt him much more than her attacks. Using Holy Profane with the instinct of wanting to save him, she healed his wounds and, in that moment, his Pawn/Mutation Piece started to shine, making him understand that she was the one destined to that Piece.
Old 2018-09-10, 09:23   Link #119
Lucidrago

The only problem with half of those is that you're putting their potential on par with the Longinus possessors without them being Longinus possessors themselves. Which would have them surpassing most of the main cast in DxD.

Your rook idea just sounds like another Second. And her being able to destroy the world would put her on par with the Longinus possessors.

Your knight idea was fine until you included the holy sword. And then just made it another Canis Lykaon.

And your pawn idea would automatically be a Longinus.

I like the ideas but you made most of them way too powerful and the Sacred Gears you just made into Longinus.
Old 2018-09-10, 09:36   Link #120
Ka-el

Quote:
The only problem with half of those is that you're putting their potential on par with the Longinus possessors without them being Longinus possessors themselves. Which would have them surpassing most of the main cast in DxD.

Your rook idea just sounds like another Second. And her being able to destroy the world would put her on par with the Longinus possessors.

Your knight idea was fine until you included the holy sword. And then just made it another Canis Lykaon.

And your pawn idea would automatically be a Longinus.

I like the ideas but you made most of them way too powerful and the Sacred Gears you just made into Longinus.
the power comparable to a longinus of the knight is only related to the use of the holy sword of god himself, without it is a simple sacred gear, that's a condition.

the rook was created with 3 powerful beings made up with the power of a god like Loki.

about the pawn I didn't want to create a longinus but something different from a sacred gear, a corrupted version of it.