AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-16, 08:35   Link #101
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
It makes sense, since the editors want a story suited for reader's taste. An a romantic interest (in or from the MC) is pretty much a MUST in a published series. If the MC only got "rivals" in magic is pretty boring and the readers can't have any expectations.
Well there's lots of series where you don't really have many romance or even where you don't have any at all even if you expect it (Needless for ex.).
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 08:58   Link #102
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
Well there's lots of series where you don't really have many romance or even where you don't have any at all even if you expect it (Needless for ex.).
Needless is pretty "old" already.
I'm speaking more of recent stuff and light novels. These days LN always follow the same scheme, lots of girls that want the MC's D and swords or magic. Period.

We surely might want something new, something original, so it's refreshing to read a story where the MC is cold to every girl and doesn't raise any flags, but that's not what the Japanese (editors) want. Sadly.
Old 2014-12-16, 11:07   Link #103
Nishaven

Quote:
It makes sense, since the editors want a story suited for reader's taste. An a romantic interest (in or from the MC) is pretty much a MUST in a published series. If the MC only got "rivals" in magic is pretty boring and the readers can't have any expectations.
I think that red haired girl could be fine as love interest
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 22:00   Link #104
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Spoiler for reply:
I did say that my sources mentioned that the LN is drastically different to the WN.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 04:45   Link #105
Bludflag

Boy,that escalated quickly
Bludflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 17:22   Link #106
VooXoo

I finally read 3 translated chapters, I like how the story is told.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 05:45   Link #107
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
Okay i just finished reading v1 of the light novel version and let me tell you. There are some SERIOUS changes...like...SERIOUS.
I'd rather not spoil but here are two major stuff i noticed.
First, they changed how they spell Mizuki's name.
Second, They actually added non-existent stuff to the LN. Like....that second epilogue. I read a bit ahead of the wn but lemme tell you. THAT was NOT in the wn. sure it might've been possible but what they did in the ln was just straight up blasphemy. dont click the spoiler if you dont want major spoilers.
Spoiler for grrrr:
That's just sad.

Thanks for the heads up. I now know what else to cross off my shopping list.

EDIT: As for the name, the author changes it himself halfway through the light novels. I guess it's weird having 水 in both 水明 and 水木's name, so he made it 瑞木 instead. I mean, it's not weird weird, but I guess it isn't so good to have two important characters with similar names.

EDIT2: Reading this again when I was editing, I started to wonder just what was wrong with the way the story progressed in the WN.
Spoiler:
Quote:
We surely might want something new, something original, so it's refreshing to read a story where the MC is cold to every girl and doesn't raise any flags, but that's not what the Japanese (editors) want. Sadly.
The answer is just to read stories with female protagonists, but even that doesn't guarantee a thing these days. Hohoho...

Last edited by Briollaire; 2014-12-29 at 05:02.
Briollaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 10:01   Link #108
VooXoo

A MC without a harem is hard to sell nowadays, many novels got a raped plot in the anime with forced fanservice every 2 minutes (Campione, Infinite Stratos) and they already had a harem in it.
Hope this means the serie will be balanced with plot and tits when the anime will be announced.
Old 2015-01-08, 12:41   Link #109
meggindo

May I ask where is the first LN volume which is has been translated??? I have searched Baka Tsuki but didn't find it...
meggindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:24   Link #110
Hajiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggindo View Post
May I ask where is the first LN volume which is has been translated??? I have searched Baka Tsuki but didn't find it...
http://unlimitednovelfailures.mangam.../isekai-mahou/
Old 2015-01-09, 10:30   Link #111
meggindo

Lol..... The epilogue of 2nd arc is quite funny.....

Spoiler for Chapter 33:
Old 2015-01-09, 10:39   Link #112
VooXoo

Question about that spolier

Spoiler for question:
Old 2015-01-09, 11:05   Link #113
meggindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
Question about that spolier

Spoiler for question:
Well... I'm not really sure...
Spoiler for guessing:
Old 2015-01-10, 07:56   Link #114
meggindo

I want to know... is this series being dropped by author already??? It's been two weeks but still no new updates.... I've been dying for waiting for new chapter because next chapter will be climax of 3rd arc and next will be epilogue... Are there any news about update from Author???
Old 2015-01-10, 08:38   Link #115
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggindo View Post
I want to know... is this series being dropped by author already??? It's been two weeks but still no new updates.... I've been dying for waiting for new chapter because next chapter will be climax of 3rd arc and next will be epilogue... Are there any news about update from Author???
Yeah, because two weeks is such a loooooooong time that warrants any worries.
Old 2015-01-18, 20:43   Link #116
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
A MC without a harem is hard to sell nowadays, many novels got a raped plot in the anime with forced fanservice every 2 minutes (Campione, Infinite Stratos) and they already had a harem in it.
Hope this means the serie will be balanced with plot and tits when the anime will be announced.
So there's going to be an anime? Or are you just speculating? I've been hoping someone will pick up the translation beyond chapter 3 (unlimitednovelfailures), but if I could just see the anime I'd be okay. It sounds like it'b be better to use the webnovel as the source material, but like you, I doubt that will happen because the studio might think it wouldn't sell well.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 06:29   Link #117
VooXoo

Pure speculation, the fact the MC isn't like the usual ones is a good selling point, too many anime have the same basic story nowadays, a MC without a true anime who just cares for himself would refresh the scene.
Old 2015-01-20, 13:31   Link #118
wuhugm
Confused Shark

So I've read all the raws and I declare that it's only second to Mushoku Tensei, for the exception of the latest chapter (54) before the hiatus. whatchamacallit things happen in that chapter and probably the reason why it hasn't been continued.... but still great overall, I hope it's being updated soon.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 13:48   Link #119
Rainne

Quote:
So I've read all the raws and I declare that it's only second to Mushoku Tensei, for the exception of the latest chapter (54) before the hiatus. whatchamacallit things happen in that chapter and probably the reason why it hasn't been continued.... but still great overall, I hope it's being updated soon.
i dont know what is with people and mushoku tensei, i've read it and its nothing special, personally Arifureta and even this is way superior to Mushoku.
rudius is just not a very good character, the guy has wives and kids and still afraid to kill, cmon were is the manhood.
Rainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 13:55   Link #120
Dart-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
i dont know what is with people and mushoku tensei, i've read it and its nothing special, personally Arifureta and even this is way superior to Mushoku.
rudius is just not a very good character, the guy has wives and kids and still afraid to kill, cmon were is the manhood.
mushoku its not about a op fearless char, its about a common man thrown into one messy god fight (of course, he has the power to survive all of that, but that doesnt reasure him the least)

lets not go offtopic xD
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, harem, harem (not mc), romance (not mc), webnovel