Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2015-07-14, 08:53   Link #101
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
so this is the start of anime adaptations of the isekai transported novel flood!!
and i was almost sure that the first one would have been Tate or MT...
"Gifting this Wonderful World with Blessings" already had an anime adaptation announced, so kinda late on that.

And if you want to get technical, bot Log Horizon and Overlord also fall into a similar category.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 08:59   Link #102
Breimn

>Mushoku Tensei & Shield/Pot Hero anime never
And does ZnT also fall in other world trabsported?And i think there was also othets
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 09:15   Link #103
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Well, I think he was referring to the current flood of this theme in novels and web novels, which sprouted at the start of the current decade.
ZnT didn't really come in with a flood or trend relating to that theme, as far as I'm aware.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 09:21   Link #104
tsunade666

ZnT is originally a light novel.

Its not web novel, turn into light novel, then get animated.
Old 2015-07-14, 17:07   Link #105
nero12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
"Gifting this Wonderful World with Blessings" already had an anime adaptation announced, so kinda late on that.

And if you want to get technical, bot Log Horizon and Overlord also fall into a similar category.
Log horizon and Overlord belong to the VRMMORPG went real category like SAO etc.. we got so many vrmmorpg novels as well due to the popularity of sao....

I forgot about gifting. That certainly is a proper isekai novel. It really got a anime way too quicker than expected..
Old 2015-07-14, 21:00   Link #106
tsunade666

SAO isn't game turn real but trap inside a game. Its still a game.

This novel is a normal person dropped/summon into another world.
Old 2015-07-15, 03:19   Link #107
Breimn

They are probably talking about Alicization, though it kinda is half and half.
Spoiler for SAO ALICIZATION:
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 14:14   Link #108
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Everyone mentions Zero no Tsukaima, but never Twelve Kingdoms, the hands down BEST isekai story animated.

Suck on that, Fushigi Yuugi.
Old 2015-07-15, 16:41   Link #109
tsunade666

I haven't watched 12 kingdoms and I have a cd collection of fushigi yuugi Miyaka!

but fushigi yuugi is manga right? I don't know about 12 kingdoms but I remember it being a light novel or novel? you mentioned 12 kingdoms in log horizon threads.

I haven't read further in Alicitization arcs but I know earlier part of it with kiritz being plugged into it to stay alive right? or maybe not. Not sure and didn't care.

I'm more concerned in re:zero. How fast the pacing and in depth the anime adaptation.

will they do 1 cour or 2 cour. Though more likely, 1 cour.
Old 2015-07-16, 00:02   Link #110
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I haven't watched 12 kingdoms and I have a cd collection of fushigi yuugi Miyaka!

but fushigi yuugi is manga right? I don't know about 12 kingdoms but I remember it being a light novel or novel? you mentioned 12 kingdoms in log horizon threads.

I haven't read further in Alicitization arcs but I know earlier part of it with kiritz being plugged into it to stay alive right? or maybe not. Not sure and didn't care.

I'm more concerned in re:zero. How fast the pacing and in depth the anime adaptation.

will they do 1 cour or 2 cour. Though more likely, 1 cour.
Yes, FY is based on manga and 12k is based on light novel series.

You really should check out Twelve Kingdoms.
I would go as far to say it's one of the best anime on TV ever.

Come to think of it, the "zero to hero" aspect in 12k has a lot in common with this novel. That also had an annoying, inferiority complex protagonist from our world who grows to become a wonderful leader in alternate world. Also one of the main heroines fell from grace, was despised by nearly everyone, and had to start her life from zero to redeem herself.

(I mentioned Fushigi Yuugi because it's also one of the best transported to isekai stories out there, just not quite in the league of 12k. )
Old 2015-07-16, 20:48   Link #111
tsunade666

I had just finished on what's translated from re:zero manga. Which is from chapter 1-13.

Its really good if you ask me.

The guy has really nothing and made lots of mistake in the way and his spurting none-sense that others won't understand.

He even said pucks name before he met him in his after 3rd death. There would be consequence there isn't it?

and Emelia is nice.

The story is nice...

I just hope that a translator will pick it.

The other webnovel from isekai are nice but the MC are bit OP and the story is dull for me because while I'm fine for OP MC. I'm not fine for perfect MC.

The MC that can do lots of stuff perfectly and just roll with it with little effort in his side because his a genius. Its irritating if you ask me. Gifted people while nice and all. Its irritating if the MC that just show up of no where solve the problem because he is "perfect" and he alone is enough to solve the problem.

its boring.

specially harem -_- its irritating.

from what i read so far in the manga. He likes Emilia? though its more like he likes returning the depth. And Emi saving Subaru in his first life. He returns the depth but so far. He just find her cute and her smile worth it.

There is also Felt. The little girl dream big and doesn't stop dreaming. Its nice that even if she lives in slums. She never stop dreaming and doing her best. Even though she ended up stealing. Still, I like this girl.

Aohige. Can you give summary or character info for re:zero?

information for this series is pretty scares to nothing. I want to know more please.
Old 2015-07-16, 21:14   Link #112
sasuke706

Well, if multiple girls liking the protagonist upsets you, then this series will probably upset you.
Granted it never feels like a harem due to complicated circumstances involving the girls in it.

And doing a proper character list for this would be like at least 30 people long. Oh, but the antagonists are very insane and very fun. Gotta love them crazy rants that make no goddamn sense in the end.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 23:29   Link #113
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yeah, not gonna do a character summary... too many people.
I will say though, unlike most stories of this genre there's a LOT of focus on male supporting characters. They're all awesome and worthy of being protagonists of their own stories.

And the villains are not only batshit crazy, they're freighting crazy and straight of of horror movies.

There's not a SINGLE time the protagonist will have an easy time with any of the opponents. He's hopelessly outclassed by pretty much every single one of them.
Old 2015-07-17, 00:14   Link #114
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah, not gonna do a character summary... too many people.
I will say though, unlike most stories of this genre there's a LOT of focus on male supporting characters. They're all awesome and worthy of being protagonists of their own stories.

And the villains are not only batshit crazy, they're freighting crazy and straight of of horror movies.

There's not a SINGLE time the protagonist will have an easy time with any of the opponents. He's hopelessly outclassed by pretty much every single one of them.
Sounds really different from some of the Web Novels I've read.

Honestly I'm satisfied if other male characters aren't constantly bashed or ignored, and the villains are kinda compelling. I really wish certain novels would follow suit...

I'll really have to give this a try then.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 10:43   Link #115
tsunade666

I also like there would be more guys. Gender ration in the current manga/light novel is ridiculous. Specially the story where only a girl can do this shit, then suddenly out of no where a guy just do it. That's insane and stupid cliche if you ask me.

I would like to read a story where many characters had their own story in it.

Like log horizon and kyokai senjou no horizon.

The other guys had some use

That Sword sage is insane. One full swing destroys the castle wall.
Old 2015-07-19, 00:40   Link #116
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

As I guessed, they officially announced anime adaptation at MF bunko fest!
Old 2015-07-19, 02:49   Link #117
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

here to commemorate it!
Spoiler:
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 02:52   Link #118
tsunade666

lol, he is turn into a chair.
Old 2015-07-19, 04:32   Link #119
kuroneko0509

1st teaser is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfXjuVA1Jk
kuroneko0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-19, 04:50   Link #120
nero12

Did I just hear Kirito/Mastuoka again in the end!?! Plz tell me i was wrong!!

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel