AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-12-10, 02:21   Link #101
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Was Just Drifting View Post
Ishibumi's tweets would suggest the OVA does have a limited edition. You'd have to look up his account for details.

Quick tidibits.

Irina's in the upcoming OVA. They're really taking advantage of her added time in the last New episodes, not that I mind that at all. I mean seriously, no Irina pinups and Gasper's got one?!

Spoiler for 'Cuz it's hard to read:

One more thing. The line in DXD Born's key visual reads, "I want to protect that person," the exact line that opened Volume 2, when Issei thwarted Raiser's marriage to Rias.
The summary of the OVA sounds interesting. Lucky thing Fafnir hasn't appeared yet.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 07:49   Link #102
KingWiz_

Quote:
One more thing. The line in DXD Born's key visual reads, "I want to protect that person," the exact line that opened Volume 2, when Issei thwarted Raiser's marriage to Rias.
Sir, I'd like to shake your hand for deciphering that line. Thank You =]
KingWiz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 19:37   Link #103
demino_hellsin
That one guy

There is confirmed to be no king piece right? Does that mean kings are that powerful even without the modification of evil pieces?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 19:42   Link #104
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
There is confirmed to be no king piece right? Does that mean kings are that powerful even without the modification of evil pieces?
king is a title to put it simple, beign a king let u be the master of your EP
Old 2014-12-21, 21:32   Link #105
jopjopjop

Quote:
For a Devil to have a peerage, they either have to be powerful enough to become a High-class Devil through advancements in the Rating Game or if they're born as a High-class Devil.

Reincarnated Devil -> High-class = ~a Devil with power.
Real Devil -> High-class = Hit or miss.
Old 2014-12-22, 00:30   Link #106
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But i's assumed that all kings are the most powerful in their group right? Ofcourse non-withstanding Issei in Rias' group. Boosted Gear is a cheat and all. For every other peerage it has always been the King who is the strongest individually despite having no boosts from the EP system?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 00:49   Link #107
Poodicus
The One and Only

^

Not necessarily. Remember, there are rogue devils in the story, some of which that have killed their masters (i.e. the King).

Kuroka is the perfect example of this. Is a wanted criminal in the Underworld not because she's a Nekomata or something lame like that, but rather, she killed her former master for a specific reason.
Poodicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 05:29   Link #108
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I have a feeling that the slain master relative will come and fight the team dxd especially kuroka and her little sister koneko ._.
Old 2014-12-22, 10:36   Link #109
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
But i's assumed that all kings are the most powerful in their group right? Ofcourse non-withstanding Issei in Rias' group. Boosted Gear is a cheat and all. For every other peerage it has always been the King who is the strongest individually despite having no boosts from the EP system?
It's never stated that that's usually the case. Saji is most likely more powerful than Sona.
Old 2014-12-22, 12:01   Link #110
Royalknightftw

The king only has more authority over his/her servants (EPs), and that does not necessarily mean that the king will be stronger.
Just because someone else is stronger than their king does not make them able to disobey their king's orders, those who disobey their master could end up being a stray devil and they will be hunted for the rest of their life.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 12:40   Link #111
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
If there ever were peerage free-for-all rating games (rating games turned inward) with each individual against all others, even from the same peerage, that would reveal many things about one's comrades potential, and how well each person in a peerage can hold out on their own.
Old 2014-12-24, 13:00   Link #112
Tbolt

happy holidays everyone.
Old 2014-12-24, 16:22   Link #113
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Merry Christmas and happy new year for all of you .
Old 2014-12-24, 23:42   Link #114
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Merry Christmas, i love you all

btw, lately i've thinking about Leonardo from hero faction ancestor, is he a descendant from Leonardo Da Vinci?. his longinus also require strong imagination to create a strong monster (great imagination to make a great art)

and also how could Ise use his Bilingual and dress break to Jeanne after he revived (the Evil Pieces hasn't buried in him). that technique need demonic power, but at that time Ise was a humanoid dragon

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 01:12   Link #115
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsuSister View Post
Merry Christmas, i love you all

btw, lately i've thinking about Leonardo from hero faction ancestor, is he a descendant from Leonardo Da Vinci?. his longinus also require strong imagination to create a strong monster (great imagination to make a great art)

and also how could Ise use his Bilingual and dress break to Jeanne after he revived (the Evil Pieces hasn't buried in him). that technique need demonic power, but at that time Ise was a humanoid dragon
1. For those who celebrate; merry x-mas, for those that don't; a good day/night to you.

2. Leonardo Da Vinci was no hero by typical standards, but anything is possible.

3. Ise probably used his dragon/sacred gear powers to substitute for his devil powers. Probably looked all the same to him as he's been using all of them almost since the start of his reincarnated life.

4. what anime is that scene from in your avatar, pansusis?
Old 2014-12-25, 01:26   Link #116
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

yeah GgrDraxin, thanks for the answer

2. yeah. i also guess it was coincidence, and you're right. Leonardo Da Vinci was amazing but he can't be called as a "hero"
3. that was the most possible, i hope this isn't ishibumi mistake when write the novel
4. my avatar? it's from Golden Boy ep.6

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 11:54   Link #117
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Referring to the lack of demonic power pre-EPs in volume 12;

That was actually discussed on the wikia a while back. He had also used Dragon Shot on the Jabberwocky earlier as well. One explanation for this comes from a quote from volume 5, when Ise first attained his complete Balance Breaker;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 5, Life.3 Part 6
A mountain!? An entire mountain vanished!? I didn’t even fire it with particularly doubled power!?
[It’s the type of attack that fires the collected power from your whole aura through your hands. Since the amount you can store is still little, you can’t fire it consecutively, though.]
The Balance Breaker armor stores demonic power in it. That's probably the most logical explanation unless we get details in the future on the new abilities of Ise's body of one of them being able to use dragon power just like demonic power (and referencing those two v12 incidents back to it). Ishibumi wouldn't just leave a plothole like that, it'll just take a while to discover the truth (keep in mind the reason Ise was able to "freeze" Shalba's leg in JD was only discovered 10 volumes later).
Old 2014-12-26, 12:05   Link #118
ImperialFlameGod8190

^
I cant disagree with that. Think of Sacred Gears kinda like Zanpakto's. When they're activated they're in shikai and in Balance breaker they're bankai. They store the power of its owner and BB is a stronger version of the power. Dragon Shot is not a power from the EP its a power from the SG.
I think issei's base power is dragon based because of the SG the evil pieces just give him a better way to control it.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-01, 00:13   Link #119
Tbolt

Happy new year everone!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2015-01-01, 20:02   Link #120
kikix

For all we know, Issei may have been a devil even post-mortem (his second). I don't recall it being said that the pawn pieces are what give him his demonic powers. Just that they were used to reincarnate him into a devil and that they give him further boosts (or rather...the ability to get other boosts from changing into other "pieces").

The reincarnation may have embedded demonic power into his soul which he never lost.

What I recall is that unlike magic, demonic power uses the imagination. Since the consciense appears to be connected to the soul (Issei regained consciousness and ability to think as an armor-possessing soul), it may very well be that.