AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-08-04, 06:41   Link #101
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
And Mayumi vol 5 last chapter,bathroom scene,but not to the extent of Erika's realization.
I'd say their realization is actually pretty even. They both know he has connections to the Yotsuba family and that is it. Neither of them have any real idea what his position is within the family, but Mayumi guesses more accurately as to his level within the family. While he might not technically be an "Extra" his position within the yotsuba is basically the same equivalent.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 08:50   Link #102
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
I'd say their realization is actually pretty even. They both know he has connections to the Yotsuba family and that is it. Neither of them have any real idea what his position is within the family, but Mayumi guesses more accurately as to his level within the family. While he might not technically be an "Extra" his position within the yotsuba is basically the same equivalent.
But from my understanding was that Erika realized that Tatuysa was a member of the Yotsuba directly while for Mayumi,he was from an extra family.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 14:34   Link #103
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Little question, in volume 10,chapter 8 when Erika was complaining about tatsuya
Quote:
"In the end, we were probably only flirting with Tatsuya. We plainly never requested Tatsuya-kun to 'lend us a hand' and worked under the assumption that even if we didn't say anything, he would still chip in to help. So I was furious ~ when I saw that he was also helping that woman and keeping a foot in either camp.... Damn it, I'm getting embarrassed again."
1.when she said flirting, she refers to her ususal way of talking to him or how she indirectly asked to help him in the vampire things???
2.when she said "´we´ were flirting..." - she was refering to her and mayumi right??
Old 2014-08-04, 15:29   Link #104
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Little question, in volume 10,chapter 8 when Erika was complaining about tatsuya

1.when she said flirting, she refers to her ususal way of talking to him or how she indirectly asked to help him in the vampire things???
How they asked for his help I think.

Quote:
2.when she said "´we´ were flirting..." - she was refering to her and mayumi right??
Her and Mikihiko, he was her only partner.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 15:31   Link #105
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Her and Mikihiko, he was her only partner.
why would miki start flirting to tatsuya??
Old 2014-08-04, 16:42   Link #106
Echizen777

Quote:
why would miki start flirting to tatsuya??
I don't know, maybe it's a mistranslation but it can't be Mayumi's group because of the rest of the paragraph and their were in different camps.

I understand it like this, originally Erika didn't want his help but deep down she knew(or hoped) he would come to help his friends but Mikihiko had already requested him and that's why she was angry. When she learned that he was helping also Mayumi, she got jealous. If my memory serves me right, Mayumi and Katsuto asked for his help(if they didn't her jealousy is even more understandable) meaning that she was jealous because she wanted him to help her and only her.
Old 2014-08-04, 16:50   Link #107
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
I don't know, maybe it's a mistranslation but it can't be Mayumi's group because of the rest of the paragraph and their were in different camps.

I understand it like this, originally Erika didn't want his help but deep down she knew(or hoped) he would come to help his friends but Mikihiko had already requested him and that's why she was angry. When she learned that he was helping also Mayumi, she got jealous. If my memory serves me right, Mayumi and Katsuto asked for his help(if they didn't her jealousy is even more understandable) meaning that she was jealous because she wanted him to help her and only her.
i got that part, now i dont feel the word flirting fits there
Old 2014-08-04, 17:38   Link #108
pampz21
ShipCore

Lol bruh on that quote she mentioned "that woman" referring to Mayumi; Erika misunderstood herself; Mayumi uses flirting technique on Tatsuya all the time when she as favors.; she probably thought she is doing the same. but Tatsuya was just earnestly worried about her. Erika will never ask Tatsuya's help because she thinks that even if she doesnt ask to, he will still help his friends. but Tatsuya doesnt want to help Erika because He thinks that Erika might think that he is pitying her. Both of them are just stubborn.

A good answer from a guy on wiki

Quote:

The fact that the quote pertains to Erika being jelous is because she did felt jelous that Tatsuya help Mayumi out because they ask him to; and Erika thought she is just getting flirty with Tatsuya because Mayumi uses that tecqnique to Tatsuya alot so she thought she is doing the same thing too.

Erika just work on the assumption that Tatsuya would always help his friends even if no one ask to; but Tatsuya didnt want to help her due to thought that She might think he is pitying her. Thats why Tatsuya never help her; but the fact that Miki ask him to help(Tatsuya made that excuse because its the most interesting one and to hide the fact that he is worried about her) and Erika getting hurt; was the last draw. he had to help Erika now and the reason why she had help Mayumi's camp too is because it might look like Tatsuya is pitying her. In the end it is all Erika's misunderstanding; proof is that Tatsuya did ask Miki to bring sandwish to Erika who is trying to avoid Tatsuya.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-08-04 at 17:56.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 18:12   Link #109
Echizen777

Mayumi was not flirting...
Old 2014-08-04, 19:04   Link #110
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
hahahaha (fake laugh)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 20:31   Link #111
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
thats as true as saying that tatsuya is weak :v
Old 2014-08-04, 23:26   Link #112
Echizen777

Quote:
thats as true as saying that tatsuya is weak :v
She never tried to seduce him as far as I remember, yes she is a troll and was angry at him sometimes when she judged he was not paying attention to her feminine charms but that's all. The only persons who tried to seduce Tatsuya are Miyuki(almost everytime they are alone at home) and Haruka.
Maybe Honoka in volume 5 counts? When she is like that it's always because of Miyuki or Shizuku anyway. In volume 3 Tatsuya misunderstood and she considered flirting would be useless in volume 5 because of Miyuki.
Old 2014-08-06, 16:22   Link #113
zerozeronine

The Shiba's are a branch family right,even though Miya is a daughter of the main family?
Old 2014-08-06, 17:38   Link #114
somerand

Quote:
The Shiba's are a branch family right,even though Miya is a daughter of the main family?
Are they considered a branch family? I kind of doubt it. Tatsurou isn't a magician he's a researcher who is probably considered to be more a part of the research team.
Miyuki on the other hand is basically considered by everyone to be "Miyuki Yotsuba" and is just using the last name Shiba as cover. Tatsuya is a guardian who isn't likely considered to carry on the Shiba line (Guardians probably don't have the right to be considered a branch family). So I doubt the "Shiba" are a branch, but maybe.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 07:51   Link #115
Ultragunner

Shiba is the last name of Tatsuya and Miyuki's father, their mother (Miya) changed her her name when she got married

Spoiler for mild spoiler?:
Old 2014-08-08, 13:53   Link #116
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Shiba is the last name of Tatsuya and Miyuki's father, their mother (Miya) changed her her name when she got married

Spoiler for mild spoiler?:

But the Kuroba's are considered a branch family when the Sibling's grandmother married to the Kuroba house.But the Kuroba's is a bigger family than the Shiba's with only Miyuki considered a Yotsuba
Old 2014-08-08, 18:58   Link #117
renuac

Quote:
But the Kuroba's are considered a branch family when the Sibling's grandmother married to the Kuroba house.But the Kuroba's is a bigger family than the Shiba's with only Miyuki considered a Yotsuba
The previous head of that family was stated to be Genzou's cousin. They were still directly related to the Yotsuba.

A branch family comes about as an offshoot of the main family. For example when a younger child goes and founds their own family. In Miya's case, she simply married into the already existing Shiba family, so the Shiba family's roots aren't with the Yotsuba. So I'd say that while Tatsuya and Miyuki are considered kin to the Yotsuba, the rest of the Shiba family are no more than relatives by marriage.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 01:45   Link #118
Sixth
Hu Tao

About the Yokohama arc, will we see more (or a lot ) of the oni-sama's greatness?

and is the main villain in that arc a fodder too like Not-Suzaku?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 01:58   Link #119
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
About the Yokohama arc, will we see more (or a lot ) of the oni-sama's greatness?

yes to first question.

the main villain in the arc doesn't even fight but from what we know in vol 13, he can beat yotsuba family members(not sure about tatsuya yet).
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 02:02   Link #120
Chris38

Quote:
Yeah we will see a lot of Tatsuya's greatness in this arc.

Quote:
No, I wouldn't say that the main villain of the Yokohama arc is a fodder ...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a