AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-02, 21:46   Link #101
Jirachier

wait what ? I didn't see anything about them wanting to infiltrate the 9s competition
Old 2014-05-02, 22:11   Link #102
hakazee

I have question about Miya.

Novel stated that Miya overused her magic. I'm curious she overuse her magic on what ? Creating artificial MCA ?
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 22:13   Link #103
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post

Novel stated that Miya overused her magic. I'm curious she overuse her magic on what ? Creating artificial MCA ?
Its not stated what she used her magic on

Literally no one could answer this
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 22:17   Link #104
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Its not stated what she used her magic on

Literally no one could answer this
Yeah I hope it will be explain in thee future.

We know Miya's magic is mind magic like Genzou.
Genzou died because he overused his magic on his enemy but we don't know about Miya.
Maybe she's messing with her own brain.
Old 2014-05-02, 22:59   Link #105
anonfr

Quote:
Yeah I hope it will be explain in thee future.

We know Miya's magic is mind magic like Genzou.
Genzou died because he overused his magic on his enemy but we don't know about Miya.
Wait you think Miya used mental interference magic on herself?

That's interesting.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 00:06   Link #106
Luckmonth

Quote:
Then who is controlling her magic?
"Everyone lives bound and depend on knowledge or perception itself, it's called reality. But knowledge or the perception that something vague. Could Just the fact it's just an illusion, all people living in the assumptions. "
Sorry I'm not good in English
Luckmonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 00:44   Link #107
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Wait you think Miya used mental interference magic on herself?

That's interesting.
didn't it says that magic the one cast wont affect the caster?

Quote:

not stated probably used it everywhere.

And it mental magic seems to have a bigger effect on the caster when used then normal magic, miyuki was barely able to stand after using cocytus in volume 11, repeated uses of that magic will lead to magic overuse an to permanent damage to he caster.
If you think about it maya using half of myuki MP to seal tatsuya's half MP also makes her unable to use the cocytus , as a protection for her not to end up as her mother because maya knows miyuki will use "that magic" if it comes to her brother and tatsuya will use "that magic" for her sake.
Could be maya used that seal to lock tatsuyas strategic abilities and miyuki's mental magic in one go to prevent them from using them in a reckless manner?
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 00:58   Link #108
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckmonth View Post
Then who is controlling her magic?
Don't know, so its impossible for Miyuki to cast Cocytus on herself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
not stated probably used it everywhere.

And it mental magic seems to have a bigger effect on the caster when used then normal magic, miyuki was barely able to stand after using cocytus in volume 11, repeated uses of that magic will lead to magic overuse an to permanent damage to he caster.
Yeah that's why I ask that, I'm curious what's her target. Of course there're many way to overuse magic not only her mental magic. I'm just curious how Miya overused her magic.

About Genzou, i bet Genzou use Grim Reaper on about 200 or 300 people in a few days and that lead to his death.
Old 2014-05-03, 01:32   Link #109
Chris38

I think that ... in Miya's case the overuse of her magic ... or rather ... premature death has been the result of the Untouchable incident.

After all using her magic to change Maya's past emotions into knowledge ... must have been a task a little beyond what a 12 year old Miya was capable of doing with her innate magic, at that time and the trauma from Maya's accusation, has definitely been an additional blow to her mental state, which is important in using magic.

The operation done on Tatsuya ... has most likely been the event that accelerated this process ... and after that happened ... I assume that each subsequent use of magic further deteriorated Miya's health, which eventually led to her death...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 01:37   Link #110
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Don't know, so its impossible for Miyuki to cast Cocytus on herself ?

Yeah that's why I ask that, I'm curious what's her target. Of course there're many way to overuse magic not only her mental magic. I'm just curious how Miya overused her magic.

About Genzou, i bet Genzou use Grim Reaper on about 200 or 300 people in a few days and that lead to his death.
If you're asking about the target from a magic pint of view then mental interference magic targets pushion information bodies.
A for miya, she overused her magic because she used the mental magic she had beyond its capabilities.
I doubt that her mental magic was meant to be used to do what she used it for, like transforming memories into data and separating the emotions from those memories.
Also overuse could also be caused because she used the magic way to many times in that time it took to change maya's past experiences into simple data. It not like she used the spell once and everything was changed most likely took a lots of uses to transform those memories.

What if the bad treatment from yotsuba toward tatsuya is just an extension of maya resentment towards miya. We know maya wasn't very happy when miya used her mental magic to change her past experiences in simple information and she resented her for that. She could also resent him because of his magics miya has used her mental magic on him and that contributed to her early death.And all the resentment towards her sister is now projected towards tatsuya because he is her son. And the clan resentment towards him is just them simply fallowing the head of the clan lead and now became a habbit.
That will make a lot of sense, since yotsuba clan have the strongest magicians in the 10MC that implies they value strength above all else and since in terms of magic strength, magic ability and combat ability tatsuya stands on the same level as maya maybe even higher, i don`t see why the yotsuba would resent such a strong individual for such an simple reason as magic talent that doesn't even mean much when it comes to yotsuba daily activities. just a thhought.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 01:52   Link #111
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think that ... in Miya's case the overuse of her magic ... or rather ... premature death has been the result of the Untouchable incident.

After all using her magic to change Maya's past emotions into knowledge ... must have been a task a little beyond what a 12 year old Miya was capable of doing with her innate magic, at that time and the trauma from Maya's accusation, has definitely been an additional blow to her mental state, which is important in using magic.

The operation done on Tatsuya ... has most likely been the event that accelerated this process ... and after that happened ... I assume that each subsequent use of magic further deteriorated Miya's health, which eventually led to her death...
Nah I'm not sure if she overused her magic in Maya incident. There's no way Genzou misscalculate and sacrifice Miya for his another daughter.

If you read the chapter carefully. Looks like Miya is fine after the operation, she overused her magic after Maya said that she kill her.

Quote:
In the aftermath of this incident, Miya broke her body from overusing her mind manipulation magic before she turned twenty like a penance. She was repeatedly in and out of the hospital and lived her life under medical care for ten years.
She keep using her mind magic like a Penance.
I think she operate other people mind too.
Old 2014-05-03, 07:43   Link #112
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
didn't it says that magic the one cast wont affect the caster?
If one's own magic can't effect themselves then what about Tatsuya's regrowth?

Or less specific, what about when you cast acceleration of flight magic? That's cast on yourself.

Actually, if it is ever specifically stated you can't cast mental interference magic on yourself, can you find that quote?

I honestly don't recall if it was ever stated.
Old 2014-05-03, 09:06   Link #113
Luckmonth

Quote:
Actually, if it is ever specifically stated you can't cast mental interference magic on yourself, can you find that quote?

I honestly don't recall if it was ever stated.
Yeah, but the problem is mental target, who can say where the magic itself. Even if you lose concentration a bit of magic will be hampered or fail
"Everyone lives bound and depend on knowledge or perception itself, it's called reality. But knowledge or the perception that something vague. Could Just the fact it's just an illusion, all people living in the assumptions. "
Sorry I'm not good in English
Luckmonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:10   Link #114
Ultragunner

well, if Miyuki REALLY wants to relieve Tatsuya from his guardian duty and if that makes her happy, then he will accept her will
Old 2014-05-03, 09:32   Link #115
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckmonth View Post
Yeah, but the problem is mental target, who can say where the magic itself. Even if you lose concentration a bit of magic will be hampered or fail
That's understandable. But having a high level of difficulty or a high probability or failure doesn't mean "Impossible".

I think Miya using her magic on herself is an interesting concept in general. I think it could serve as an extraneous explanation for Miya's aloofness or general detachment as well.

More or less, rather than arguing something we really can't know for sure, I just feel it's just an interesting concept to think about, you know, have a little imagination to go with your fiction.

Also, I really don't recall it being said she couldn't cast magic on herself. I never stopped to think about it at all before, but now I really wonder how the deeper mechanics of a magic works when the target is yourself.
Old 2014-05-03, 11:10   Link #116
Ashe Nei

Quote:
That's understandable. But having a high level of difficulty or a high probability or failure doesn't mean "Impossible".

I think Miya using her magic on herself is an interesting concept in general. I think it could serve as an extraneous explanation for Miya's aloofness or general detachment as well.

More or less, rather than arguing something we really can't know for sure, I just feel it's just an interesting concept to think about, you know, have a little imagination to go with your fiction.

Also, I really don't recall it being said she couldn't cast magic on herself. I never stopped to think about it at all before, but now I really wonder how the deeper mechanics of a magic works when the target is yourself.
There is a lot of people casting spells upong themself (aceleration, healing, data fortification etc.). Mental Magical Intenference spells may work differently but i have my doubts.

I also think that is highly likely that Miya may have restructured her mind with her own powers (to be able of operating her own son's mind, to not feel regret because of Maya's etc.). But the reason that Miya's health worsened i think that is:

- because Maya ordered Miya to use her power constantly as a punishment for what Miya did to her (Maya) after the Dahan Incident in experiments to develop more powerful magicians with strongs magical calculation area with no regard for her health.

or

- Miya (feeling guilty and regretful) punished herself for what she did and overused her power trying to find a method to recover her feelings linked to memories in Maya's mind without touching the part about Dahan's experience.

PD: Throwing theories out of the window since...forever.
Ashe Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:17   Link #117
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe Nei View Post
There is a lot of people casting spells upong themself (aceleration, healing, data fortification etc.). Mental Magical Intenference spells may work differently but i have my doubts.

I also think that is highly likely that Miya may have restructured her mind with her own powers (to be able of operating her own son's mind, to not feel regret because of Maya's etc.). But the reason that Miya's health worsened i think that is:

- because Maya ordered Miya to use her power constantly as a punishment for what Miya did to her (Maya) after the Dahan Incident in experiments to develop more powerful magicians with strongs magical calculation area with no regard for her health.

or

- Miya (feeling guilty and regretful) punished herself for what she did and overused her power trying to find a method to recover her feelings linked to memories in Maya's mind without touching the part about Dahan's experience.

PD: Throwing theories out of the window since...forever.
Ahaha crazy theories are okay. I kind of wonder if Maya had Miya convert her memories into data repeatedly. Since, Miya did that for Maya and all her memories until she was 12, but was the magic perpetual? Did it convert memories into data after the initial casting? If it's not perpetual, then new memories would have emotion, so Maya may have requested they be converted again.

It's possible at least. Still, I think there are obviously some more Miya/Maya mysteries left to explore.

Back to forum topic, I wonder if the next volume might be a little more Yakumo/Kazama focused?
Old 2014-05-03, 11:54   Link #118
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I think anonfr's theory about Miya possibly casting her magic on herself is possible...don't really know about the mechanics, but I think a Yotsuba mage should be able to come up with a way if there was something making doing that difficult...after all, Material Burst could kill Tatsuya. Who's to say Mental Interference magic can't be cast on it's user?

You know...it would be like Miya basically shooting herself basically. Because she couldn't take anymore pain and wanted to spare herself from it further. It's not like she had no long to live anyway. Might as well make the remaining years...a little more bearable.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:02   Link #119
Ashe Nei

Quote:
Ahaha crazy theories are okay. I kind of wonder if Maya had Miya convert her memories into data repeatedly. Since, Miya did that for Maya and all her memories until she was 12, but was the magic perpetual? Did it convert memories into data after the initial casting? If it's not perpetual, then new memories would have emotion, so Maya may have requested they be converted again.

It's possible at least. Still, I think there are obviously some more Miya/Maya mysteries left to explore.

Back to forum topic, I wonder if the next volume might be a little more Yakumo/Kazama focused?
The only memories that should be affected were the memories that Maya had until Miya restructured her mind, because Miya was unable to discriminate between Dahan'experiences and her other memories. And yes, i think those changes are indeed perpetual (Tatsuya's mind reconfiguration and Miyuki's seal are proof of that). Of course new memories shouldn't be affected.

According to the title of the 14th volumen, it should be about Ancient Magic users (be it Dahan's remnants, Japan's ancient users, great asian alliance's or both).

I think Kudou Retsu may very well be a central figure in that volume.
Ashe Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:06   Link #120
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe Nei View Post
The only memories that should be affected were the memories that Maya had until Miya restructured her mind, because Miya was unable to discriminate between Dahan'experiences and her other memories. And yes, i think those changes are indeed perpetual (Tatsuya's mind reconfiguration and Miyuki's seal are proof of that). Of course new memories shouldn't be affected.

According to the title of the 14th volumen, it should be about Ancient Magic users (be it Dahan's remnants, Japan's ancient users, great asian alliance's or both).

I think Kudou Retsu may very well be a central figure in that volume.
Oh I'm sorry, I meant perpetual, as in the effects of the magic are ongoing and would effect all new memories she incurred after 12. I worded it a little strange.

Kuduo Retsu is an ancient magic user!?

lol, he might be center, I'd like Koichi to come out of the shadows a bit though.