AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-06-21, 14:55   Link #101
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
Yeah, it kind of sucks that they won't be releasing a full solo version of both Mikumo and Freyja's Giraffe Blues. However the Giraffe Blues on the album will be a duet between Freyja and Mikumo, with Freyja covering the first half and Mikumo finishing the second half.

They also released all three Walkure Singles on itunes, so i'm pretty sure they will do the same for this album.
Then i must be a noob and type the wrong search keyworld. I trie macross, macross delta, and ikenai borderline without sucess but didnt try walkure, will try.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 01:46   Link #102
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
For those who actually works for...

Here Freyja singing Do You Remember Love

Old 2016-06-22, 07:08   Link #103
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiNekoChan View Post

Oooohhh, nice!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 20:37   Link #104
Gravitas Free Zone

Once again, something has appeared early. (Don't nag me about it, I have the thing preordered and these leaked versions have glitchy audio.)

Just going to observe here:

The full version of NEO STREAM has an intro containing even more English, which they're not too bad at.

Much like GIRAFFE BLUES Freyja/Mikumo split, the album version of Ikenai Borderline has Freyja solo for several lines. Junna's deeper vocal range is still more suited for the song, but Minori Suzuki does a decent job. When she and Junna do more live appearances together later she should be able to stay competitive.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 18:10   Link #105
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Once again, something has appeared early. (Don't nag me about it, I have the thing preordered and these leaked versions have glitchy audio.)

Just going to observe here:

The full version of NEO STREAM has an intro containing even more English, which they're not too bad at.

Much like GIRAFFE BLUES Freyja/Mikumo split, the album version of Ikenai Borderline has Freyja solo for several lines. Junna's deeper vocal range is still more suited for the song, but Minori Suzuki does a decent job. When she and Junna do more live appearances together later she should be able to stay competitive.
My observation for NEO STREAM:
It reminds me a lot of the full version of the TWGOK Season 1 opening song
Several different 'parts' to it.

Also, Rune ga Pikatto Hikareba Album ver.:
Is it me or is the only change the WHOA WHOA part?

(I don't have it on preorder but I'm buying it when I get back to HK.)
Old 2016-06-29, 18:32   Link #106
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Also, Rune ga Pikatto Hikareba Album ver.:
Is it me or is the only change the WHOA WHOA part?
Yep, the WHOA WHOAs are now done by the rest of Walküre. I was disappointed that they didn't also do the WOO WOOs at the end though.

I haven't been paying enough attention to the album cover art. It dawned on me last night that Walküre is playing volleyball on the cover :

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-02, 06:23   Link #107
Dextro
He Without a Title

The more I listen to Axia the more it reminds me of an older anime OP: the one for Mugen no Ryvius if anyone remembers.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I get the distinct feeling that it was purely intentional. Axia is probably made to sound slightly older than the rest of the songs for reasons pointed out in story. Maybe that's why it reminded me of such an old* show.

* I refuse to admit that 1999 was 17 years ago.
Old 2016-07-02, 10:22   Link #108
Boukenxha

I have similar feeling too. Axia does sounds maybe kinda 2000-ish, idk maybe an I've Sound song?

Well, I said I really liked NEO STREAM in the episode thread. Now with the expanded intro it starts slow, but it gets more awesome with every listen, it's totally like my favourite Delta song now.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 13:43   Link #109
Mistyclear

Love the new ending song....its trippy
I liked the visuals too.
It features first the main love triangle (Freyja->Hayate->Mirage), followed by Arad/Messer-> Kaname-> Reina/Makina/Chuck-> Mikumo->Keith.
And of course the various ships and Valkyries.

Uh now that I think about it why was Keith there but none of the other Aerial Knights??

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2016-07-04 at 01:17. Reason: It bothered me, didn't see Messer
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 17:25   Link #110
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Uh now that I think about it why was Keith there but none of the other Aerial Knights??
Never mind the other Knights (I would've expected at least Bogue, though, he's sort of a mascot character), there's no Heinz or Roid either. Maybe this is really is based on potential romances, and it's a hint that there will be a Mikumo/Keith relationship? (And by that logic, a Makina/Reina/Chuck threesome...? I'd be okay with that.)

But yes, the song is pretty nice, and I like the visuals, too, although I expected at least a bit more effort...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 20:31   Link #111
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Love the new ending song....its trippy
I liked the visuals too.
It features first the main love triangle (Freyja->Hayate->Mirage), followed by Arad-> Kaname-> Reina/Makina/Chuck->
Mikumo->Keith.
And of course the various ships and Valkyries.

THIS is what I actually thought about when I woke up this morning. No sign of Roid, Heinz and/or the rest of the Knights in the ED theme....some other people from Delta Squadron are missing too. But ehh, maybe they're the few people who could be hinted to survive until the end. For the song itself I lol'd, it was Mikumo singing and I had to admit it sounds awesome.

I'm glad they sang NEO STREAM in full version in ep 14. The other one from one of the previous eps was just the 2nd part.

On Walkure Attack:
I got addicted. RIP me.
Cosmic Movement, AXIA, Walkure Attack and Bokura no Senjou. 3 times a day I guess. The songs are SO catchy, guhh. Who knows what more songs they'll include in the 2nd album.

Any idea when the OP2/ED2 singles will come out tho?

EDIT: ON Mikumo/Keith potential relationship. I'm getting that vibe too. Hopefully that can work.
Old 2016-07-04, 00:16   Link #112
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thousand Mistress View Post
THIS is what I actually thought about when I woke up this morning. No sign of Roid, Heinz and/or the rest of the Knights in the ED theme....some other people from Delta Squadron are missing too. But ehh, maybe they're the few people who could be hinted to survive until the end. For the song itself I lol'd, it was Mikumo singing and I had to admit it sounds awesome.
Yeah it's really weird that not even Bogue who is the second most promoted Knight or Roid appear in the ending.
All members of Walkure and all Delta Squad members appear (Messer appears after Arad and before Kaname).
Images
Messer in ED2

So the theory about it only showing surviving characters is wrong, although maybe it's not showing surviving characters but characters that are/will be on the "good guys" side, maybe Keith will join Chaos (not a theory I particularly like ), but who knows.
Anyway with the first ending, it had to grow on me before I could really say I liked it, and with this one I really liked it almost instantly.
Old 2016-07-04, 10:10   Link #113
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The more I listen to Axia the more it reminds me of an older anime OP: the one for Mugen no Ryvius if anyone remembers.

YouTube

I get the distinct feeling that it was purely intentional. Axia is probably made to sound slightly older than the rest of the songs for reasons pointed out in story. Maybe that's why it reminded me of such an old* show.

* I refuse to admit that 1999 was 17 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
I have similar feeling too. Axia does sounds maybe kinda 2000-ish, idk maybe an I've Sound song?

Well, I said I really liked NEO STREAM in the episode thread. Now with the expanded intro it starts slow, but it gets more awesome with every listen, it's totally like my favourite Delta song now.
I like the callbacks to 80's/90's songs.
Old 2016-07-04, 13:42   Link #114
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Name of the new ED?

New OP for episode 15?
Old 2016-07-04, 13:48   Link #115
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Name of the new ED?

New OP for episode 15?
New Ed= Hametsu no Junjou
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 20:04   Link #116
Thess

The new ending is growing on me after I watched it a third time.

Did anyone notice that those circles around the Siegfried are really Hayate's and Freyja's resonance fold? They were out of sync in the beginning and after the Valkyrie arrives to its destination (Walkure, specifically Freyja) it becomes harmonized again. It really pushes they have to work together.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 07:44   Link #117
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
^ Saw those too. The new ED theme sure has so many hints including at that point where only few characters appear - the actual main ones.

Who knows what the OP theme will show.

Also I guess there's no ETA for the singles yet, I'm assuming it's going to be next month or September...?
Old 2016-07-05, 11:11   Link #118
xeviouses

So when will we get solo versions of Bokura no Senjou? The Walkure version is holding me over but it is not enough.

Nah, I just want the instrumental.

Cosmic Movement is way better than I thought.
Old 2016-07-06, 22:44   Link #119
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiNekoChan View Post

OMG, this is pure gold. Now I want a full album of the Walkure singers taking on the lot of past Macross songs, including the ones from Frontier.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-06, 22:45   Link #120
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

OMG, this is pure gold. Now I want a full album of the Walkure singers taking on the lot of past Macross songs, including the ones from Frontier.
YOU ARE ALIVE!!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote