AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-09-11, 09:49   Link #101
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Why sometime i lost friend points after a match? Like was i assisted by some one over my level or something like that?

Quite a dumb mechanisms to be honest!!
Old 2014-09-11, 15:52   Link #102
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Why sometime i lost friend points after a match? Like was i assisted by some one over my level or something like that?

I've never seen that happen honestly.

And offtopic-ish I was squeezing my way into the 1000+ Ranks when mother stole charger and I've been stuck with a dead battery for over 12 hours.

Plummeted 1500 ranks :<<<<<<<<

Wai.
WorldTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 16:57   Link #103
saegusa

I love this game! This reminds me so much of the fighting mechanic of Final Fantasy 13.
How far are you guys storywise? And what are your team builds?

Im currently at 9-3 (stopped doing stories because of the CP event) and my team consists of:

Leo (tank)
Erika (weak attacker)
Mari (last chain attacker, aoe)
Mizuku (healer, first chain)

friend:
Any fast defense spell caster for story
and a fast power card for CP farming

My method for story progressing is usually to do a 4-chain at the beginning of the battle. That will fill up my special bar by 2 and allows me to use my healer. After that I try to cast defense up so that my team can survive hits (especially my healer). Whenever I'm about to finish a wave I try finish the last opponent a 4-chain without including my aoe attacker in the chain. I need my aoe attacker to sweep the next wave in case my team encounters many opponents with very fast cooldown.

Well and that's my tactic for story progression. Would love to see more tactics to how beat this game
saegusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 17:38   Link #104
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

I don't have any tactic of my own yet, I'm simply running the best cards I have and hoping I can draw on a good AoE support so I can brute force my way through the stage and pray I didn't just waste my BP.

Really just waiting till I get better cards.

Furthest Story Progression: 6-3

Edit:

Miyuki (Fast Attacker, Hard Hitter)

Tatsuya (Just There)

Mizuki (Just There)

Leo (Hardest Hitter / Wall)
Old 2014-09-11, 20:31   Link #105
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is it just me or 5-5 is getting fairly hard? 0_0

I swear that i chipped the boss around 30k hp, but it's hp bar barely moved. And it uses ultimate skills every turns and destroyed one of my card at a time.

Meanwhile, Shizuku and Juumonji are the only two that can deal AOE damage?
Old 2014-09-11, 21:41   Link #106
larethian

Quote:

Never happened to me before, and I have even gotten level 60 to assist before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTerror View Post
I've never seen that happen honestly.

And offtopic-ish I was squeezing my way into the 1000+ Ranks when mother stole charger and I've been stuck with a dead battery for over 12 hours.

Plummeted 1500 ranks :<<<<<<<<

Wai.
WTH, how much are you all playing? So nice to be young
Quote:
Originally Posted by saegusa View Post
I love this game! This reminds me so much of the fighting mechanic of Final Fantasy 13.
How far are you guys storywise? And what are your team builds?

Im currently at 9-3 (stopped doing stories because of the CP event) and my team consists of:

Leo (tank)
Erika (weak attacker)
Mari (last chain attacker, aoe)
Mizuku (healer, first chain)

friend:
Any fast defense spell caster for story
and a fast power card for CP farming

My method for story progressing is usually to do a 4-chain at the beginning of the battle. That will fill up my special bar by 2 and allows me to use my healer. After that I try to cast defense up so that my team can survive hits (especially my healer). Whenever I'm about to finish a wave I try finish the last opponent a 4-chain without including my aoe attacker in the chain. I need my aoe attacker to sweep the next wave in case my team encounters many opponents with very fast cooldown.

Well and that's my tactic for story progression. Would love to see more tactics to how beat this game
Sometimes it's not good to have a weak attacker to chain first. It might be better to use a strong attacker to start a chain if he can one-shot the mob and get the overkill bonus with a weaker attacker.
And how the heck is Erika a weak attacker? She deals the most damage in one-on-one. Compare her cards with the rest (must compare on par cards wrt level and stars though).
WTF 9-3? Are you guys playing whole day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTerror View Post
I don't have any tactic of my own yet, I'm simply running the best cards I have and hoping I can draw on a good AoE support so I can brute force my way through the stage and pray I didn't just waste my BP.

Really just waiting till I get better cards.

Furthest Story Progression: 6-3

Edit:

Miyuki (Fast Attacker, Hard Hitter)

Tatsuya (Just There)

Mizuki (Just There)

Leo (Hardest Hitter / Wall)
Quote:
Is it just me or 5-5 is getting fairly hard? 0_0

I swear that i chipped the boss around 30k hp, but it's hp bar barely moved. And it uses ultimate skills every turns and destroyed one of my card at a time.

Meanwhile, Shizuku and Juumonji are the only two that can deal AOE damage?
No it's not just you. 5-5 is hard if you have characters below level 16 and crap cards. 5-5 Erika can one-shot your healer with her special unless they are high enough level or have buffs. I needed a strong support character to go through with all characters surviving (Tatsuya with level 50 Trident ) Make sure to improve your cards. Any attacker based character should not deal less than 2k in damage (normal attack) unless they have 5+ in speed. If you have Erika, she should be doing 3-4k in normal. Another possible tactic is to find someone who have damage reduction specials and keep them up at all times (全体ダメージ軽減) (I know Azusa, Juumonji and Honoka have those cards). Before selecting support character, you can check out their stats and the properties of their card by pressing and holding as per normal. Only go into a tough battle with strong support characters with the Specials and combat type that you need.

Shizuku and Juumonji are the only ones who can deal AOE on their normal attacks. For specials, Miyuki, Mari, Mikihiko, and Shizuku.

Other stuff:
If you think Azusa is useless, wait till you find a maid Azusa in your support selection. Her damage reduction special is as high as over 70 %.
Also learn to make use of Tatsuya's special to bring down boss's gauge (ゲージダウン).
If you have a strong Erika and find another one in support, you can practically kill the boss with their specials in one round.

EDIT: There are cards with skills that have negative effects. Seems dumb but there are. So read carefully and weigh your option carefully. If you don't know, ask.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 21:57   Link #107
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
No it's not just you. 5-5 is hard if you have characters below level 16 and crap cards. 5-5 Erika can one-shot your healer with her special unless they are high enough level or have buffs. I needed a strong support character to go through with all characters surviving (Tatsuya with level 50 Trident ) Make sure to improve your cards. Any attacker based character should not deal less than 2k in damage (normal attack) unless they have 5+ in speed. If you have Erika, she should be doing 3-4k in normal. Another possible tactic is to find someone who have damage reduction specials and keep them up at all times (全体ダメージ軽減) (I know Azusa, Juumonji and Honoka have those cards). Before selecting support character, you can check out their stats and the properties of their card by pressing and holding as per normal. Only go into a tough battle with strong support characters with the Specials and combat type that you need.

Shizuku and Juumonji are the only ones who can deal AOE on their normal attacks. For specials, Miyuki, Mari, Mikihiko, and Shizuku.

Other stuff:
If you think Azusa is useless, wait till you find a maid Azusa in your support selection. Her damage reduction special is as high as over 70 %.
Also learn to make use of Tatsuya's special to bring down boss's gauge (ゲージダウン).
If you have a strong Erika and find another one in support, you can practically kill the boss with their specials in one round.

EDIT: There are cards with skills that have negative effects. Seems dumb but there are. So read carefully and weigh your option carefully. If you don't know, ask.
I will reattempt it when i got the 2 event cards then T___T (and hope i can stay in 5000)
What's a big jump thorugh. For 5-4 Iwas like "damn, i didn't get the full CP". While 5-5 suddenly becomes too difficult

There is an auto skill and a special skill right? What are these two skills for the Shizuku 5* (electric~ish maid). How's about the two 5* and the 4* event reward cards?
Old 2014-09-11, 22:12   Link #108
SSVanDine

Quote:

To add to this, Mayumi also has an AoE Special. None of her attributes particularly stand out, but she's balanced and works well. Shizuku has 40% defense reduction for all men, including those on your team. I'd assume most other negative effects aren't outright negative, just double-edged. Mikihiko also has an AoE attack that brings down attack gauge.

Quote:
There is an auto skill and a special skill right? What are these two skills for the Shizuku 5* (electric~ish maid). How's about the two 5* and the 4* event reward cards?
Shizuku's active is just AoE attack, nothing special. Her auto is 40% defense reduction for all men.

EDIT:

Quote:
WTH, how much are you all playing? So nice to be young
I've been playing too much when I should be studying @_@ currently rank 1372
SSVanDine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 23:17   Link #109
larethian

Quote:
I will reattempt it when i got the 2 event cards then T___T (and hope i can stay in 5000)
What's a big jump thorugh. For 5-4 Iwas like "damn, i didn't get the full CP". While 5-5 suddenly becomes too difficult

I don't have all the cards so I won't know if you just ask like that (but SSVanDine has answered your specific question in this case). What you can do is to take a screen caps next time and post the image. If you don't know how, check this out: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/scr...pod-iphone.htm

For the reward cards:
5-star swimsuit Honka:
Special = heal one target (max 11112 - 16257)
Dmg = max 2337 - 3315
Skill = Special gauge up, own defense down (sounds like crap but the amt healed in special may make up for this negative )

5-star swimsuit Mari:
Special = AOE attack (max 8234 - 12400)
Dmg = max 5315 - 7654
Skill = own offense up

4-star swimsuit Honoka:
Special = Heal all (max 1622-2525)
Dmg = max 1924 - 2850
Skill = Allies of Ma(blue) type have offense up

4-star swimsuit Mari:
Special = AOE attack with enemies' speed down (max 3608 - 5979)
Dmg = max 2543 - 4520
Skill = Special gauge up

3-star swimsuit Shizuku:
Special = AOE attack with enemies' gauge down (max 1852 - 3322)
Dmg = max 1048 - 1802
Skill = Shizuku, Honoka speed up

The lower value for max is the max value at initial level limit. Higher value for max value at max level limit.
Old 2014-09-12, 00:39   Link #110
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

5-5 was strange, i clearly remember dealing her 20-30k damage last time and she did not even drop down to half way point. But Miyuki (from friend assisted) deal 30k damage this time and she is dead.

Half a second late to have the full squad survive too =/

Maybe one of my card has special hp debuff skill?
Old 2014-09-12, 07:26   Link #111
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow Japanese players are a mean bunches =(

It bugged somehow and my leader turned to the 3rd squad leader/ And within 2-3 hours AFK, my "friends" number dropped from 16 to 12

So it was like.... "I thought we are friends guys", "No you don't have 5* Shizuku anymore, f*** off"
Old 2014-09-12, 09:56   Link #112
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

I have quite a bit of liberty with which when to use my phone at school and I plan my BP usage so I can always expend it continuously- So coupled with the fact that school requires you to get up early I get a lot of time in ' ^ ' b

But as I said, yesterdays 12 hour deprivation period seriously hurt me.

I'm stuck in 2400-2700 ranks at all times and I can't get down now :<

Also my Tatsuya doesn't reduce my opponents speed gauge, But my Miyuki does (.'.'.)

3-4 Clear Tatsuya 5* Maid Miyuki
Old 2014-09-12, 12:43   Link #113
larethian

Quote:
Wow Japanese players are a mean bunches =(

It bugged somehow and my leader turned to the 3rd squad leader/ And within 2-3 hours AFK, my "friends" number dropped from 16 to 12

So it was like.... "I thought we are friends guys", "No you don't have 5* Shizuku anymore, f*** off"
This is not about nationality. It happens in any game. In this one, "friends" are only good for that extra 20 support points. You are not even real life friends to begin with. There is really no point in having a 'friend' in your list that you will never choose in your team even if they appear in your suggested support list, especially since the number of 'friends' are limited. As long as you switch back to the strongest (and preferably maxed out or near maxed out card, you will get 'friends' back. I don't even check my friend list and requests are almost full. I just want those with maid or monolith cards. The 6-star maids are seriously OP cards. And it was seriously creepy see Tatsuya's reaction after getting stroked
Old 2014-09-12, 15:22   Link #114
WorldTerror
Junior Terror

Quote:
And it was seriously creepy see Tatsuya's reaction after getting stroked

I've only gotten Mikihiko to do that :<

I keep giving Tatsuya the wrong answers
Old 2014-09-13, 00:37   Link #115
ShadowGG

hey guys. can you guys guide me with my line up? currently i'm at stage 7-4. but i'm not sure if i can continue on with my current line up. my line up now is (in sequence)
1- 6star bikini miyuki - character lvl25 card lvl37
2- 5atar maid mayuri - character lvl24 card lvl37
3- 5star leon (with battlesuit, fire type, without helmet) - character lvl23 card lvl32
4- 5star maid honoka - character lvl23 card lvl 20
thanks
ShadowGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 02:26   Link #116
vhince4005

Guys,

In the friend menu,

What is my friendlist? the one with the girl and boy icon (1st enu out of 3)
Or the 2nd one with a notepad and a CHECK icon?
I know that the 3rd menu with Magnifying glass is a search for friend right?

I think I was deleting my friends instead of accepting ahaha...
Is the "RED" button the accept? and the one in the left is reject/delete?
vhince4005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 02:27   Link #117
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
This is not about nationality. It happens in any game. In this one, "friends" are only good for that extra 20 support points. You are not even real life friends to begin with. There is really no point in having a 'friend' in your list that you will never choose in your team even if they appear in your suggested support list, especially since the number of 'friends' are limited. As long as you switch back to the strongest (and preferably maxed out or near maxed out card, you will get 'friends' back. I don't even check my friend list and requests are almost full. I just want those with maid or monolith cards. The 6-star maids are seriously OP cards. And it was seriously creepy see Tatsuya's reaction after getting stroked
Nah it's just a description, don't be so sensitive on the nationality calling

I just lost 560 friend points for using an assist and have no idea why. It happened twice before but only 160 and 130 so i let it slide. But 560 friend points? I means what kind of crime which i did to deduct that much points from me? Like did i sleep with their waifu or something.

It's less painful, assuming that it's just another 1 or 2*. But still...

Edit: now i think about it, do you think the system was just bugged? As i do remember getting lots of friend points from home page before out of nowhere. Then they minus pretty much the same amount from me? So maybe it was just a case of numbering messing up and i never got them in the first place?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-09-13 at 02:41.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 03:07   Link #118
saegusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGG View Post
hey guys. can you guys guide me with my line up? currently i'm at stage 7-4. but i'm not sure if i can continue on with my current line up. my line up now is (in sequence)
1- 6star bikini miyuki - character lvl25 card lvl37
2- 5atar maid mayuri - character lvl24 card lvl37
3- 5star leon (with battlesuit, fire type, without helmet) - character lvl23 card lvl32
4- 5star maid honoka - character lvl23 card lvl 20
thanks
Do you have a character that heals all members? I see that you have defense and an aoe attacker.

I went to sleep for 8 hours and fell from 960 to 1400.
Old 2014-09-13, 03:17   Link #119
ShadowGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by saegusa View Post
Do you have a character that heals all members? I see that you have defense and an aoe attacker.

I went to sleep for 8 hours and fell from 960 to 1400.
hey there. who is my defense? ahah i cant read japanese so i'm having problems with the game. only know the basics. as for character that heals all members, i dont have any. i am trying to hunt for mizuki 4* or 5* ones.
ShadowGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 04:22   Link #120
saegusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGG View Post
hey there. who is my defense? ahah i cant read japanese so i'm having problems with the game. only know the basics. as for character that heals all members, i dont have any. i am trying to hunt for mizuki 4* or 5* ones.
Hey there!
I'm pretty sure Honoka casts a defense barrier for each party member.