Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 15:34   Link #101
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Talking about Pie II...did Pie II survive at the end?? I really hope she did...she either fainted or died in the last episode...I hope it's the former
Its left ambiguous (sort of like Amuro & Char in CCA), but someone who looks like her does make a cameo appearance in Gundam Evolve 10.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:35   Link #102
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

She died shortly after she helped locate Judau inside Axis; most likely because of her injuries resulted from the destruction of the Queen Mansa not long before.

The Evolve stuff, sadly, isn't considered canon.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 15:36   Link #103
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A few more pilots in Char's Counterattack would have happier endings if the Evolve shorts were canon...
Old 2009-12-13, 15:39   Link #104
justavisitor

Thanks for the info brightman...hmm got to rewatch gundam evolve again

I know Pie II can't replace the original...but still I was really sad when the original one passed away...so I was hoping that Pie II would have a better fate XD

P.S there seems to be an another clone from Pie in Unicorn and I read somewhere that she had an extremely tragic past...why every version of Pie must endure a tragic story...

@RX-78GP04G Gerbera
well, the series kind of left it ambiguous...did you get that info from other source?? Or I missed some detail when I watched the series??
Damn I really like Pie and Pie II
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 15:40   Link #105
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
The Evolve stuff, sadly, isn't considered canon.
Says who?

I know a few of the shorts directly contradict the actual anime, but some don't. Until someone says otherwise, I wouldn't say it so definitively.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:40   Link #106
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Perhaps...though, personally, I'm glad Quess died. She was annoying XD.

Then again, if she had lived, then that could prevent Hathaway from becoming a terrorist and being executed and such in Hathaway's Flash XP.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:42   Link #107
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Says who?

I know a few of the shorts directly contradict the actual anime, but some don't. Until someone says otherwise, I wouldn't say it so definitively.
Only official animations are considered 100% canon.

Manga, Evolve, Sidestories, none of the other stuff is unless they are said so otherwise, regardless of whether or not they interfere with the canon timelines.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:42   Link #108
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Only official animations are considered 100% canon.
Evolve is officially animated by Sunrise.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:45   Link #109
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No one truly gives a shit about Sunrise's official stance on canon except for Sunrise itself, last I checked, so arguing about it does no one any good, guys.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:47   Link #110
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No one truly gives a shit about Sunrise's official stance on canon except for Sunrise itself, last I checked, so arguing about it does no one any good, guys.
Exactly my point. Believe what you want to. I bet a few Tomino-enthusiasts would probably consider Unicorn non-canon.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:47   Link #111
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Ok then, reworded, only the official animes. If Unicorn wasn't getting its OVA, even that wouldn't be considered canon.
Old 2009-12-13, 15:50   Link #112
justavisitor

probably offtopic, but any news that there will be a HGUC ZZ Gundam?? I checked dalong, and somehow ZZ gundam is not in there...is this series really that unpopular??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 15:52   Link #113
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Ok then, reworded, only the official animes. If Unicorn wasn't getting its OVA, even that wouldn't be considered canon.
Again, nobody ever said Evolve was not an official anime. Besides, even official anime contradict each other (such as the TV series/movie discrepancies).

So yeah, until someone comes out and says, "no, this stuff never happened", or something else comes out that contradicts this, there is no "official Sunrise stance" for this.
Old 2010-01-02, 01:23   Link #114
chanchimi
Gundam Pilot

Send a message via Yahoo to chanchimi
Quote:
Its left ambiguous (sort of like Amuro & Char in CCA), but someone who looks like her does make a cameo appearance in Gundam Evolve 10.
Oh! That person in the end of Gundam Evolve 10 was Mineva Zabi, not a Puru. And yeah, Puru Two did die at the end of ZZ.
Old 2010-01-02, 01:52   Link #115
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Where does it say that? As far as most people are concerned, she's been hidden ever since the end of Zeta Gundam with no known (official) appearances since.
Old 2010-01-02, 09:10   Link #116
brightman
Ancient Member

There is a Z Gundam game with an animated ending showing Mineva on Earth with Char around this time. (let's not go into canonness of that here)

And of course, there's Gundam Unicorn which should dispel the notion that she went to Jupiter piloting a Quebeley.
Old 2010-01-02, 15:50   Link #117
chanchimi
Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Where does it say that? As far as most people are concerned, she's been hidden ever since the end of Zeta Gundam with no known (official) appearances since.
I got the Gundam Encyclopedia 2009, and I looked at the pilot's name of the Evolve Qubeley Mk.II and it was Mineva Zabi's. I found it pretty weird.
Old 2010-01-02, 20:00   Link #118
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchimi View Post
I got the Gundam Encyclopedia 2009, and I looked at the pilot's name of the Evolve Qubeley Mk.II and it was Mineva Zabi's. I found it pretty weird.
Makes absolutely no sense, as per the above. Could be a mistake.
Old 2010-01-02, 20:16   Link #119
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Not to mention that it'd make no sense to have her hidden all this time only to suddenly appear out of nowhere in a MS battle with remnant Neo Zeon MS...especially with no battleships evidently nearby for the Qubeley Mark II to launch from or return to as well as with the Dooben Wolf MS.
Old 2010-01-03, 00:13   Link #120
chanchimi
Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Makes absolutely no sense, as per the above. Could be a mistake.
I know, it doesn't make any sense. I also saw the same thing that Mineva was the pilot somewhere online, although I can't remember where. Oh, but in a way, why would a bunch of Dooben Wolves be chasing after a Puru clone? It seems chasing Mineva Zabi seems more understandable.

It's wierd, and I think we will find out what happens when Gundam Unicorn airs.