Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-04-17, 14:52   Link #101
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Volume 9 sounds pretty interesting.

Spoiler for new volume:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 15:14   Link #102
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Thank you for your summary! Really appreciate it! If possible, can you provide a summary for that blind date chapter? I'm curious to know what Alice did and how she reacted to her blind dates
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 15:21   Link #103
manifla
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Volume 9 sounds pretty interesting.

Spoiler for new volume:
Emperor doesn't explain much at all, it's an invitation in the midst of general disbelief.
Spoiler for Shocking:
manifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 16:05   Link #104
manifla
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Thank you for your summary! Really appreciate it! If possible, can you provide a summary for that blind date chapter? I'm curious to know what Alice did and how she reacted to her blind dates
It's a "short" story published in Dragon Magazine. According to the author's note in 9, a lot of them will be put together in a compilation book this spring or summer.
Featuring Blind Dates!
Mismis and Basic Combat Training!
Alice being killed with paperwork!
Budget misallocation from Unit 907 and part time work in a Art Museum!
Drunkards!
Mismis deciding to make a patriotic documentary on the daily life in the Imperial Army! People getting ideas!
And much much more.

Spoiler for Blind Date with Alice:
Old 2020-05-01, 17:43   Link #105
manifla
Wait, what?

Volume 3 ENG was released by Yenpress!
https://yenpress.com/9781975305758/o...3-light-novel/

In light of this, I want to predict what’s going to go down in volume 10, since the author’s note in 9 noted that 10 would be more Alice’s side of the story (9 was 907’s story for the most part)
Spoiler for Things not getting better:
Old 2020-05-01, 18:05   Link #106
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Spoiler for spoiler:

Old 2020-05-01, 18:33   Link #107
manifla
Wait, what?

A few things I might have missed -
Spoiler for Uh oh:

This might be my conceit as a pro-Imperial, but
Spoiler for Prison birds ahoy!:

Last edited by manifla; 2020-05-01 at 18:44.
Old 2020-05-01, 18:49   Link #108
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Spoiler for spoiler:

Old 2020-05-01, 21:22   Link #109
manifla
Wait, what?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2020-05-07, 17:48   Link #110
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifla View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Two super-powered adolescent teens flirting around couldn't stop a century-old conflict after 9 volumes? Shocker.

Last edited by bakato; 2020-05-07 at 21:32.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 17:26   Link #111
Kazandu
Striker

any news on vol. 10?
Old 2020-06-14, 19:19   Link #112
manifla
Wait, what?

According to https://fantasiabunko.jp/ Secret File will be released on the 17th of July. I suppose that the afterword will say reveal when volume 10 is due.

Reading up on rest of Sazane Kei's novels, I have to say this is one author who loves to reuse names, concepts and locations all over the place. I wanna go on a long essay one of these days about that.

At the very least, World Enemy has a color illustration of a character with the same name, appearance and (very similar) characterization as the Emperor, even has similar (ridiculous) hearing ability from afar.

On a minor note:
Spoiler for Iska's name (I haven't seen a surname yet):
Old 2020-07-09, 20:49   Link #113
haseo0408

My dear gods, from what I learned in the spoiler everybody in the Empire and the Soverenity is ready to stab each other in the back at any moment!. No wonder the war is still going strong after 100 years, everybody in power is either batshit crazy or insanely selfish!.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-09, 20:51   Link #114
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
My dear gods, from what I learned in the spoiler everybody in the Empire and the Soverenity is ready to stab each other in the back at any moment!. No wonder the war is still going strong after 100 years, everybody in power is either batshit crazy or insanely selfish!.
Isn't that par for the course for this kind of premise?
Old 2020-07-10, 10:22   Link #115
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Isn't that par for the course for this kind of premise?
Yeah I guess but I didn't this level of selfishness and insanity is just incredible, it's lot that Alice can only trust Iska, Rin and that's about it, all the others have their own agenda or just plain crazy.
Old 2020-07-10, 20:50   Link #116
bakato

Quote:
Yeah I guess but I didn't this level of selfishness and insanity is just incredible, it's lot that Alice can only trust Iska, Rin and that's about it, all the others have their own agenda or just plain crazy.
Selfishness and insanity? For two sovereign nations to be fighting a bloody war for a hundred years out of mere grudges and hatred? That's insanity. It's like this with every major conflict. Leaders try to pretty it up with honor, patriotism, and an us-vs-them mentality but it all comes down to personal desires of power and greed by the select few.
Old 2020-07-10, 22:09   Link #117
manifla
Wait, what?

I can confirm that the new material in Secret File is a story about Iska and Alice's childhood meeting, and a short story that could tie into current events.
Queen Mirabell's (Mirabea????) past design has changed from the manga as well and for the worst. Which is a shame to me, because the manga artwork isn't kind to Nene or Sisbell or Risya, but enough about that.

The novel will be released next week, I'll do my best for a summary and find out if there's any timeline for volume 10

Quote:
Selfishness and insanity? For two sovereign nations to be fighting a bloody war for a hundred years out of mere grudges and hatred? That's insanity. It's like this with every major conflict. Leaders try to pretty it up with honor, patriotism, and an us-vs-them mentality but it all comes down to personal desires of power and greed by the select few.
I agree. Ancestor Nebulis's power, the strength from throwing away their self as a person is an enormous draw to anyone even a bit selfish, regardless of their intentions or sense of morality. Even just being the victor in the political struggles against countrymen has no shortage of booty and position.

But at the same time, there are quite a few true believers in the ranks of the powerful. Anyone who doesn't meet their (insane) standards is more of an enemy than a ally, and their convictions in the righteousness of their cause is carte blanche to do whatever they want with a clean conscience.

The final word is that hatred is doing nobody any favors - but cynicism is just as much to blame for the war living on.
Old 2020-07-11, 14:10   Link #118
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifla View Post
I agree. Ancestor Nebulis's power, the strength from throwing away their self as a person is an enormous draw to anyone even a bit selfish, regardless of their intentions or sense of morality. Even just being the victor in the political struggles against countrymen has no shortage of booty and position.

But at the same time, there are quite a few true believers in the ranks of the powerful. Anyone who doesn't meet their (insane) standards is more of an enemy than a ally, and their convictions in the righteousness of their cause is carte blanche to do whatever they want with a clean conscience.

The final word is that hatred is doing nobody any favors - but cynicism is just as much to blame for the war living on.
Agreed. There are bound to some misguided devotees to the cause as well as those pursuing self-interest.
Old 2020-07-13, 13:34   Link #119
haseo0408

Quote:
That's why I called it insane, at the of the day hatred and discrimination are just the tools the leaders are using to fullfil their own agenda without a single for the hell they're feeding.
Old 2020-07-14, 16:08   Link #120
bakato

Quote:
That's why I called it insane, at the of the day hatred and discrimination are just the tools the leaders are using to fullfil their own agenda without a single for the hell they're feeding.
Hardly. That's rationality. How can we reasonably expect those in power not to pursue some selfish interest? At the end of the day, these leaders are just individuals with their own desires.

Tags
harem