AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 33 58.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 8.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-17, 23:15   Link #101
Strikefreedom117

the fight with kuzuki and saber was just to short, if it was like even 2 minutes longer it would been what i expected from reading the VN, i was so hype for this fight to
Strikefreedom117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 23:21   Link #102
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, to be fair, fights read in novels will always feel longer than they actually would be if depicted in real life. On top of that, Kuzuki is brutally efficient and this battle showed that. The battle was basically meant to very rudely disabuse Saber of the notion that humans can't fight on the same level as Servants.
Old 2014-12-19, 06:10   Link #103
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Guys please remember one thing : Emiya offered himself to the world in exchange of power AFTER HIS DEATH. So basically thats the place where his mortal life ended.
This is actually not true. Emiya offered himself to the world in exchange for the miracle of saving a few hundred people who he couldn't have saved otherwise. Even then, the main intent of the contract was him wanting to become a Counter Guardian, not really understanding how CG's worked.

We don't know how long he lived afterwards, but he definitely did live for at least a little while after making his contract. It wasn't a deathbed thing.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 12:08   Link #104
GDB

What he means is that he'd become a Counter Guardian upon his death, not that he died to make the contract.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 16:56   Link #105
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fate/stay night 10 - The Fifth Contractor

I could say right now that regardless if the Saber vs. Kuzuki match was only brief, yet it was one of the many spectacular that UBW has offered until now.

The fight was one of many best, yet I can hardly qualify it as spectacular due to the same brief duration in which it elapsed. On the other hand, Shiro projecting Archers' blades was not only something unexpected to happen, but it wove perfectly and consistently with the climax and denouement of the match against Kuzuki; simply, the manifestation of those blades was like the culmination of a do or die moment for Shiro.

For the following I'm going to post is not in defense of Kuzuki, since pretty much he looks like the kind of character that once comes and exits the stage, then he's quickly forgotten by the audience.
I haven't that knowledge on profiling, but Kuzuki likely turned psycho either in his childhood or youth due to many years of abuse and neglect. Hence, it makes perfect sense that as a former killer couldn't care less about strangers, whom bear no meaning or responsibility to him and viceversa, getting caught in the crossfire or becoming victims for the War of the Holy Grail. I believe I also got the gist that Kuzuki also meant that that he, himself, is not going to kill anybody personally, so as long as that somebody poses no threat or jeopardy to his life.

Secondly, I would be judging like Shiro assuming that Caster truly brainwashed Kuzuki, however, from time to time Caster let out a few expressions of concern for Kuzuki's safety. Then, it makes me to rethink that the only person across all Fuyuki that Caster actually cares about is Kuzuki, and possibly holds a few feelings for him. Whether Kuzuki reciprocates Casters' feelings or not that's another story.

Thirdly, I can now disclose that Kuzuki was the culprit whom done Rider back two episodes ago. But, I'm also of the opinion like Rin that he managed that feat due to him having the element of surprise, as well as being strengthened by Caster's magic; second proof of that statement was when Kuzuki subdue Saber into a pretty bad shape, if only temporarily.
I mean Rin and Shiro neither saw it coming at Kuzuki being the exception to the type of Master that battles on the front lines over offering rear support, but 1) with Kuzuki being a non-mage, and 2) Caster, whom is a mage on her own, being his servant, then it makes for both of them a dreaded, yet suitable combination.

Last edited by Guido; 2014-12-21 at 19:04.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 13:37   Link #106
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That was an awesome episode, especially the fight between Kuzuki and Saber.
And then Shiro summoned archer's daggers. That was coll to watch.
10 out of 10!