AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-21, 14:18   Link #101
DarkSilverSky

I am kinda happy since i love this series and i want to read more, but it's painfull to wait forever to just get the first volumes of this series.
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 15:08   Link #102
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarroze View Post
Have you heard of The Book Depositary. They have free shipping to a load of countries, full list here: http://www.bookdepository.com/help/t...ry#helpContent
thanks
now I am happy that this novel got licensed
unlike to aru which will take years to reach fan translated
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 16:30   Link #103
kasimmorathi

I'm curious, with it becoming licensed does that mean there is some increased propensity for it also to receive an anime treatment? Looking at the list of licensed items there, it seems like it's in pretty high company. Usually don't these things tend to receive an anime before they become licensed to sell in English? (this is my complete noobishness about the business speaking here)
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 21:06   Link #104
Valky
Radioactive

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to other LN's, they got anime before licensed.

I guess the reasons could be because of it's dungeon&monster-like setting that's similar to SAO, although the concept is different since SAO was dive into a game while it's not a game. The other reason might be because it got good ranks in Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! (It got #4), and because the novels released not that much yet (compared to Onegairu which got #1).
Old 2014-04-21, 21:19   Link #105
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmorathi View Post
I'm curious, with it becoming licensed does that mean there is some increased propensity for it also to receive an anime treatment? Looking at the list of licensed items there, it seems like it's in pretty high company. Usually don't these things tend to receive an anime before they become licensed to sell in English? (this is my complete noobishness about the business speaking here)
Now that you mention it. Isn't kinda weird for a novel to get licensed before it gets an anime adaptation?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 21:29   Link #106
kazzuya13

After all anime is the bases on whether it will be popular overseas or not.
Old 2014-04-21, 21:31   Link #107
BW95
Banned

Well, I guess there's a precedent for this. There's Zaregoto.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 06:39   Link #108
Gundamx

by the way, Volume 1 almost complete in Baka Tsuki
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 12:10   Link #109
Kunagisa

Quote:

This is a question that non-insider can only speculate, but as one of my buddy say, if Yen Press intend to expand their Light Novel market, they need to be proactive. This means finding LNs with potential and get them out in the market as the heat catches on. There are always new books coming out, doesn't matter how good the stories are since the interest will dwindle greatly if you translate them 4 years after the series are completed and spoilers out everywhere.

Danmachi is probably the experimental title. I honestly don't mind buying this series but I am apprehensive with English translations. Might wait till the whole thing is done before buying lest the company dies in the middle of the translation (re: Zaregoto & Del Rey).

Anyway, I don't know about this being animated, but the side story is also getting a manga serialization (picture above). Being GA's first and only Grand Winner of their novel contest so far, I guess they really want to push this title as well.

More importantly, cover for volume 5 is out (click to enlarge). Looks like Ryuu's the main focus /riverdances! Bell looks like a heroine in this one , though that makes sense given the situation.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 16:10   Link #110
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
*Sees Index on the list*

Wait, what!?

But- I mean- WHAT!?

Should I be happy or sad!?

On one hand, the actual light novels are going to be in English! On the other, Baka Tsuki has to take them down!

B-Buh....

My brain just got fried....

Well, I guess it'll be easier to read now. I always read the books faster if they're in actual book form, instead of online format....
Licensing of Index is not any real problem - the first series is complete & completely translated (with near perfect quality, I'd say) anyway, so finding them won't be hard even if the whole licensing doesn't bear any fruit.

Dungeon ni Deai's licensing is a much worse news - the translation was just starting, is extremely incomplete and requires extensive editing. And motivation to contribute all that necessary work is really shot down by knowing that the result will be scrapped in half a year.

Well, let's hope it doesn't turn into another Hidan no Aria that had 1 volume released and essentially abandoned by the licensee, coming nowhere even close to the part untranslated by Baka-Tsuki.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 04:09   Link #111
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Its considered to be a really popular online novel before it even became a actual series. It was in top five with Log Horizon? So more than likely it'll get a anime. What I'm thinking is Yen is probably going to license anything that resembles SAO in a form or another. The series is very popular in Japan I don't think its as popular here in the west. Considering we'd someone like ping to start a hype train .

The problem lies with the fact is if the novel doesn't sell well. They stop working on it, but they'll still retain their license. Licenses usually expire when the company goes under. I think its usually just a single license fee. I only say that because Seven Seas has had Zero no Tsukaima licensed forever and they never did anything to it.
Old 2014-05-01, 14:43   Link #112
Forkys

What can do bell ability(skill)?
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 14:00   Link #113
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
What can do bell ability(skill)?
The level ups don't give him special skills, just buff up his basic stats, like endurance, speed and such.

By the way, new chapter is out.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 20:30   Link #114
einhorn303

Quote:
This is only my unprovable theory, but I have always thought that in some cases US companies will license a manga (LN in this case) because the Japanese publisher says, "We're considering/planning an anime adaption." After all, a manga will sell much better when there's an anime to give it more exposure, so that'd be an incentive to licensing. And I've seen a number of times when a US publisher announced a manga license, and then an anime was announced shortly after. But, nobody knows exactly what goes on behind closed doors in licensing negotiations.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 15:29   Link #115
noobarta

Any spoilers from v5?

I just read the synopsis of the volume from solitarytranslation and got me curious. Will Hermes consider him a threat if Bell beats the floor boss, does he be OP and beat it on his own, or just try to outlast it till support arrives~
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 15:36   Link #116
darkofficer
just a devil

how to make the guys in town jealous

Spoiler for awser:
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 05:44   Link #117
Forkys

Can Bell use magic in later volumes? If he can what type and how will he learns it?
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 08:36   Link #118
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post

Spoiler for awser:
That's pure evil.
lol.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 09:12   Link #119
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post

Spoiler for awser:
half actually
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:23   Link #120
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
Can Bell use magic in later volumes? If he can what type and how will he learns it?
Spoiler for volume 2:

Last edited by SinsI; 2014-05-24 at 17:43. Reason: oops, was a mistranslation on my part
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance