AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-05-16, 05:13   Link #101
RDNexus

I'm not sure if you know, but this series has 25 episodes.
Even if they end this arc next week, having only 5 episodes left, when other volumes had 6 or more may still feel a bit rushed, in my opinion
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-16, 09:32   Link #102
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't know. A slight rush may be an improvement over this. You can go too slow just as easily as too fast, and this part seems to be dragging.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 15:38   Link #103
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Right, so if the fight wraps up in episode 20, they have episodes 21 through 25 to finish the island arc.

Which has a lot of skippable fluff, in line with all the fluff they skipped before this point. But it'll still be a tight squeeze.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 20:59   Link #104
Galaxian

I expect the anime to cover only up the end of the next wave, leaving the rest of the Rishia incident for the start of a theoretical second season.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-20, 16:31   Link #105
Twi

Some changes from when they ran from Myne and the three heroes. There were a lot of them.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-05-20, 16:51   Link #106
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice but I don't feel like watching such a long vid. I think the heroines were well developed. I don't know about Naofumi but I don't think he was badly written in the anime. What bothered me was the scenario in general due to the handling of the heroes and kingdom which took 18 episodes to get them to work together. I was expecting more stuff about world building and the wave but we got quite a political tone instead. That's why I kind of dropped it last week.
Old 2019-05-20, 17:14   Link #107
RDNexus

The Waves were part of the premise in which Naofumi got into that whole mess.
He being framed and ostracized by everyone was the main point of this first part of the story.
After this finally comes the Waves, the world-building and everything else.
Hence many people claiming that the story becomes a staple fantasy after this first part.
Old 2019-05-22, 11:21   Link #108
Ichinotachi

There isn't a thread for episode 20?

This episode was so delayed and rushed on some parts, why wasting so much time on this arc instead of moving to the island, now we have just 4 episodes left and considering the title for the next episode Malty is finally getting the nickname bitch and the next arc should be here at the end of episode 21.

In a way the adaptation is showing the obvious flaws of the story at the beginning, and how the writing was average at best.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-22, 12:26   Link #109
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
There isn't a thread for episode 20?
There is now.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 07:12   Link #110
Huh...?

For some reason, i get the feeling that the Scriptwriters for the Anime are trying to redeem Myne's character (maybe in fear of those SJW or Feminist Groups?).

I mean, compared to how she reacted to this whole "VS Church" plot in the WN, LN and Manga. Here she was shown to be more considerate towards her own party, even tried to help and boost Motoyasu's strength (in the other adaptations, she was outright trying to save only herself, and even tried to sort of sell of the others to the Church in order to protect herself).

They even skipped the parts where the Churches soldiers were attacking the group, and the 2nd "Judgement".

Not to mention, there was no urgency towards helping or healing Naofumi from Queen's side.
I mean would anyone seriously causally walk and talk like that towards a person who was heavily bleeding and was near the verge of death?

The only thing overall good about this episode was that, we got to see the figure of the MILF aka., the Queen.
And the fact that "Blood Sacrifice" was somewhat nicely animated.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 07:19   Link #111
RDNexus

So, that means that not only did it seem the producers wanted to prolong this first part of the story for as long as they could, they also failed to properly pace the fight and keep certain characters in-character...
Old 2019-05-23, 08:19   Link #112
Galaxian

They changed a lot about the fight in this episode.

- The removed the second Judgement attack.
- They removed Naofumi targeting the people behind the Pope with the flames in an effort to cut the Pope's mana supply.
- The Pope shadow clones were changed into the illusion technique.
- Filo didn't rage out when the Shield of Wrath powered up.
- Raphtalia and Melty helped snapped Naofumi out of his rage instead of just Filo.
Old 2019-05-23, 08:57   Link #113
Huh...?

One thing i forgot to mention, in WN, LN and Manga, the followers of the Three Hero Church were actually as twisted mentally as the Pope.
But here in the Anime, the only made the Pope somewhat twisted (quite weaker compared to his personality in the WN, LN and Manga).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
- Raphtalia and Melty helped snapped Naofumi out of his rage instead of just Filo.
Actually it was mainly Filo alone who snapped Naofumi out of his rage, thanks to Fitoria's boosts.

On the other hand, Raphtalia only held on to Naofumi like usual, while i don't think Melty didn't anything (atleast in the LN).

Old 2019-05-23, 09:52   Link #114
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
For some reason, i get the feeling that the Scriptwriters for the Anime are trying to redeem Myne's character (maybe in fear of those SJW or Feminist Groups?).
Myne is a really good and intersting character wiht an awful motivation; like an umineko/higurashi villain with no motivation at all. SO I hope the LN/anime is gong to give her some motivation so her actions make more sense.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-23, 19:57   Link #115
Galaxian

Quote:
Actually it was mainly Filo alone who snapped Naofumi out of his rage, thanks to Fitoria's boosts.

On the other hand, Raphtalia only held on to Naofumi like usual, while i don't think Melty didn't anything (atleast in the LN).
I'm saying that the anime changed it so that Raphtalia and Melty also talked Naofumi along with Filo.

In the novel and manga they do reach out to Naofumi, he can tell because they have the flame's curse on them, but the only one that "appears" before him while he is in rage mode was Filo.
Old 2019-05-26, 15:45   Link #116
Ichinotachi

Leaving aside the changes and the lack of good pacing in the last arc, that preview for the next episode made me happy because we're going to see bitch feeling despair once and for all, plus the beginning of the next arc.

That being said, I still have serious doubts about the Island and how much is gonna be rushed or changed.
Old 2019-05-29, 12:47   Link #117
Ichinotachi

I like the changes on the current episode, especially because it didn't reached the edge levels of the LN and because it wasn't as bad as he WN version. This is more of a well done and logic choice that benefits Naofumi as a character, the other 2 versions were pretty damn bad.
Old 2019-05-29, 16:17   Link #118
Huh...?

Well, if there isn't going to be anymore Season planned for this Series, then the changes they did to the story is OK.

But if they do plan to continue, then some of the changes don't feel right.

Like, the reason as to why Queen was against the Death Sentence for Trash and Bitch (in WN/LN/Manga), which Naofumi demanded, as it hinted about Trash's case being different than normal (and it hints his 'Vassal Hero' status), and she wanted to use Bitch as political leverage.

There is also the fact as to how Motoyasu reacted towards Bitch. Since, in the WN and LN, Motoyasu believed Bitch until the time she betrayed him. And he always tried to protect her until then, even going as far as taking all of Bitch's debt on himself.

Old 2019-05-29, 17:14   Link #119
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Well, if there isn't going to be anymore Season planned for this Series, then the changes they did to the story is OK.

But if they do plan to continue, then some of the changes don't feel right.

Like, the reason as to why Queen was against the Death Sentence for Trash and Bitch (in WN/LN/Manga), which Naofumi demanded, as it hinted about Trash's case being different than normal (and it hints his 'Vassal Hero' status), and she wanted to use Bitch as political leverage.

There is also the fact as to how Motoyasu reacted towards Bitch. Since, in the WN and LN, Motoyasu believed Bitch until the time she betrayed him. And he always tried to protect her until then, even going as far as taking all of Bitch's debt on himself.
I took his looking away more as him feeling powerless to stop the death rather than him actually accepting that he'd been fooled.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-04, 10:49   Link #120
Twi

On the battle with the Pope, looking back at the Manga it was far more epic in scope to where I kind of find it to be a disservice to the series.

That along with the changes in the current episode leaves me I'm kind of worried about the direction they've taken with the series because while an Anime-only might like the changes made, if they read the novel or manga they'll find it to be very different and that might discourage them.