AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-18, 19:39   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Based on this...everyone is a victim here . Shouxue is still a victim since being inhabited by that Raven is going to kill her eventually. But the same goes for the Raven. It's been sealed away into human hosts and driven insane. I presume there isn't really any hope for the Raven at this point since her brother is there to kill her.

Really, the blame goes on the original Raven Consort. Yes, there were reasons to take action and all that. But in the end not only was that spirit trapped for selfish human purposes but numerous girls across all this time have been forced into a role they never asked for and made accomplices in the act of driving that spirit to madness and confusion.

To a degree I can understand the Owl being pretty merciless. This country and its people could be considered connected to the suffering of his sister. Definitely excessive and unnecessary since I'm sure he could have made an attack on Shouxue in any number of ways without dragging people into it. But hey, props for the connection and making this a story of two sets of siblings. A sister that despaired over the loss of her brother and a brother seeking to kill his sister to end her suffering.
Old 2022-12-24, 15:11   Link #102
Huh...?

Kind-off confused with the ending.

Is Shouxue finally losing herself to Raven? Or was it Raven trying to regain herself slowly.

Also Gaojun seems to have been either marked/infected by Owl.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-24, 19:15   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Kind-off confused with the ending.

Is Shouxue finally losing herself to Raven? Or was it Raven trying to regain herself slowly.

Also Gaojun seems to have been either marked/infected by Owl.
I think it's the latter. The Raven seems to be slowly taking over Shouxue, and it seems Gaojun may be taken over by the Owl.

They left us on quite a cliffhanger.

That was one of my favorite show this season. It just had a lot of charm, and Shouxue was a very endearing character.
Old 2022-12-25, 16:11   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm kind of glad they went all out to leave the show on an interesting note. Could have safely cut a lot of the hints there just in case they never do more than this. But definitely interesting. Does seem like this incident is bringing the Raven's consciousness back a bit. Which is just going to lead to more trouble. Especially if Shouxue abandons the policy being done to drug and incapacitate the Raven now that she knows what it all means.

And also have the Emperor marked/infected by the Owl. Which makes sense. I don't think he'd give up on that mission. Especially since it does involve the fate of his sister.

Good episode overall though. It really let the show end strong. It was really a good show. I liked the emotions, the characters, and the overall path of the story. Can imagine where the story might go and how it is leaning. But it never failed to give each incident the respect deserved.

I'll miss it .
Old 2022-12-25, 20:03   Link #105
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What's interesting about the Raven and the Owl is like it is an intervention of the story of the Summer King and Winter King. The two kings are destined to be together. The two birds are destined with the Raven dead. From one fate to the other.

Overall, I picked this show up from the interesting premise plus my experience with court intrigue in Saiunkoku Monogatari. Truly this show did not disappoint, as not only are the supernatural aspects well made (if not in an accelerated pace) but the depiction of the relationships of the Inner Palace blossomed amid Shouxue being this mysterious lady described in the premise. Speaking of Shouxue, Saku Mizuno handled Shouxue's many facets masterfully.

Here's to hoping that we'll see more court intrigue shows as they are very hard to find recently.
ENTRY #457 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-27, 23:25   Link #106
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty well put together story, hope to see more of it. See you again, feudal chicken.

7/10

Tags
historical