AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-21, 12:06   Link #101
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My point is, there's nothing in what they were doing that necessarily suggested he had to fall in love with them in order for it to work. Their behavior was consistent with them just needing to voluntarily have sex with one of them.
Nazuna's the one who brought up the distinction between lust and love, but it seems like the other vampires' seduction relies a heck of a lot on lust.
Old 2022-08-21, 22:27   Link #102
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why would they bother trying to seduce him in the first place if they didn't need to in order to turn him into a vampire?
They can just do it to assert superiority. If you take the vampirism out of the equation it's not uncommon for Japanese adults to flirt and cheat regardless of relationship status.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-25, 12:59   Link #103
Frontier

So Ko has a time limit of a year to fall in love with Nazuna and become a vampire...or the other vampires will probably kill him for knowing too much. No pressure, although Akira spitting straight facts at Ko doesn't help .

Oh yeah, Nazuna remembered she promised Ko a kiss for the massage service! And she delivers in front of the other vampires! Practically marking her territory .

A wild Kensho Ono has appeared passed out on the stairs of a high school! And he's playing Mahiru, another classmate of Ko and Akira's and basically their childhood friend. And he's seemingly much more of a genuine social butterfly than Ko, and he seems to consider him and Akira close friends since they were kids even though they barely hang out anymore. Seems like he's been one of the few people to be able to bring Ko (or at least try to) out of his shell .

Ko needs to fall in love with Nazuna, but he still has no idea what love means or feels like, even if he is attracted to her, which sets up his issue with pursuing and realizing his feelings .

Seri wants a taste of Ko's blood! Although she's so turned on and smitten by his innocence, that she can't help but want to help him out with his relationship with Nazuna .

The only issue is that Nazuna is so romance-averse that all the traditional date stuff just irritates her, but she does care for Ko and really a date is just a time you spend together with the person you have feelings for and have fun...so they've basically been going on dates the entire time! All that matters is if it fits them and makes them comfortable/happy .

It's nice that Ko genuinely sees Mahiru as his friend, and Mahiru seems to genuinely care about Ko, and it seems like Mahiru took some inspiration from Ko's relationship with Nazuna to keep pursuing his own romance. I hope we get to see more of the Ko/Mahiru/Akira trio in the future .

I honestly thought for a second that Mahiru's girlfriend was going to be Seri, but it seems like a normal girl, and their togetherness was meant to compliment Nazuna and Ko doing the same as their romance progresses .
Old 2022-08-25, 18:04   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the time limit is a year. He either becomes a vampire or he dies. The stakes suddenly got really high.

Akira is the one who brought it up but didn't seem to realize she's also in danger since she knows about vampires too. She better hope they never get wind of it.

Unless you think they're all trolling Ko, I don't see how anyone could still think falling in love isn't a requirement.
Old 2022-08-25, 20:10   Link #105
kari-no-sugata II

The "magic system" in the series might feel a bit arbitrary at times but it does generally tie in thematically - a guy who doesn't fully understand concepts like love and friendship wants/needs to fall in love with a vampire.

It was perhaps glossed over a bit, but the vampires we just met don't meet to fight over territory or anything like that. But instead to gossip about love.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-25, 20:37   Link #106
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Awww she held his hand

I dunno what Kou is worried about; "a year" is a literal lifetime in the anime world when it comes to love most couples are ready to get married after the fourth date!

Quote:
I honestly thought for a second that Mahiru's girlfriend was going to be Seri,
I DID TOO!!
Old 2022-08-26, 07:05   Link #107
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I honestly thought for a second that Mahiru's girlfriend was going to be Seri, but it seems like a normal girl, and their togetherness was meant to compliment Nazuna and Ko doing the same as their romance progresses .
With Akira specifically calling out the possibility his girlfriend being a vampire, I fully expect that to be foreshadowing with how quickly it was brushed off.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 08:05   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
With Akira specifically calling out the possibility his girlfriend being a vampire, I fully expect that to be foreshadowing with how quickly it was brushed off.
My reasoning was the opposite. Since Akira brought it up, I figured it wasn't the case since that would have been way too obvious.
Old 2022-08-26, 21:28   Link #109
Strahan

I just automatically assumed it was a vampire, given the late night thing and the fact that these show writers just love coincidences like that... of course MC's friend just happens to also be in the clutches of a vampire. Small world, eh? lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-26, 22:28   Link #110
kari-no-sugata II

I think it's fair to say that the animators are trying to avoid setting up false expectations for what to expect in this season.

Anyway, Mahiru's GF doesn't appear in the OP/ED... though there is a character we briefly see in the OP who hasn't appeared yet.
Old 2022-08-27, 19:58   Link #111
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I just automatically assumed it was a vampire, given the late night thing and the fact that these show writers just love coincidences like that... of course MC's friend just happens to also be in the clutches of a vampire. Small world, eh? lol
There is still a chance of a wild plot twist: Mahuro is secretly a vampire.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-29, 13:53   Link #112
kari-no-sugata II

Spoiler for episode 9 preview:
Old 2022-08-30, 08:32   Link #113
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 09:41.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 09:43   Link #114
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Maid look works well for her .
Old 2022-08-30, 12:22   Link #115
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Spoiler for episode 9 preview:
Whoa; some of the scenes looked eerie like a horror movie.

Can't wait for Wednesday.
Old 2022-08-30, 17:03   Link #116
grecefar

So akira likes mahiru?, I got the idea when she was thinking about him when he said he likes someone or she is contemplating her feelings for ko?.

Btw a big plot twist would be the three drunks we see are vampires. We haven't see a male vampire yet.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 19:51   Link #117
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
We haven't see a male vampire yet.
And this is something I really really need and want.
Old 2022-09-01, 12:59   Link #118
Frontier

High school girls are popular! But maybe Seri's a little tired of being popular...

I love how Seri just goes to straight up glomp on Ko and gets a Nazuna knee to the face with no warning. And Nazuna just felt like doing it and had to justify protecting Ko after the fact .

The irony that people who think romance is the essence of everything annoys Ko when it's basically like the driving arc of his mission at the moment...but I guess that's why he gets along with Nazuna, and why he and Seri bond because she's tired of it as well .

Uh oh! Seri stalker alert? Has one of her "boyfriends" found her? Definitely one way to inerrupt their karaoke session as they discuss Ko's old school taste in music .

Ko's not about to lecture a vampire on who they can kill, that's their business, but maybe...not kill that dude right in front of them? And then Ko ends up running off with the guy as Seri tries to kill them both in a fairly tense and dramatic sequence .

So Akiyama was reeling from a breakup and found Seri, and soon grew attached to her...which was kind of the problem, becuase their deal was to just be friends without any romantic attachment .

I knew Ko was signalling Nazuna, but man does she seem to enjoy making dramatic entrances to take Seri out .

Poor Seri was tired of using men and seducing them (and she hasn't really killed any, apparently) and just wanted a genuine friendship with a guy, something none of the vampire ladies would have understood. But then romantic feelings did enter into the feelings on Akiyama's side, though she still cares about him and doesn't want to lose his friendship...which to him means taking the plunge and becoming her offspring. Achieving what Ko has been after the whole time .

So are they lovers? Friends? Parent/offspring? Seri didn't want Akiyama to fall for her, she just wanted his friendship, although they did do some couple-y stuff and they might be stuck together now? Is this a friendship into lovers scenario? A parallel to Ko and Nazuna? Does that karaoke session at the end count as a double date or a friend group ?
Old 2022-09-01, 15:00   Link #119
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Btw a big plot twist would be the three drunks we see are vampires. We haven't see a male vampire yet.
That'd be great, especially if the reason they're drunk is because they've been drinking the blood of really drunk people!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-01, 16:29   Link #120
GDB

There's your male vampire.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote