AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-13, 18:33   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Given that they had just introduced a group who replaces limbs with prosthetics, I was completely fooled by the illusion and thought Kiruko had lost an arm. Got me good.
Old 2023-05-13, 19:10   Link #102
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As that scene unfolded, I thought it was one of the most horrific pieces of anime I'd seen in some time. Then it's all a dream. Still the whole sequence was set up so well I believed every minute of it. And I believe those machines exist in this world.

I kept thinking they should steal a car. There were some nice and fast models in that garage. Think any of them still have gas in their tanks, or were all the cars siphoned out by scavengers after the collapse?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-14, 00:51   Link #103
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If Plato applied his ideal to manga adaptations, I'd have to think Tengoku Daimakyou would be the example he'd cite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I kept thinking they should steal a car. There were some nice and fast models in that garage. Think any of them still have gas in their tanks, or were all the cars siphoned out by scavengers after the collapse?
There's not only that. Gas in the tank or not, if a car sits for 15 years without being turned over it's probably not going to start. And this being Japan, a lot of them would have been electrics.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-14, 06:25   Link #104
Wandering Soul

The illusion was done pretty well as I genuinely thought Kiriko lost her arm. I was relieved to find out that wasn't the case. It's a bit interesting we didn't get a segment about the lab.
Old 2023-05-14, 16:05   Link #105
grecefar

for me it was kind of obvious that it was an illusion, there was a change of color when the scene started.

I'm starting to feel bad for maru. He really is in a spot with his feelings.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-15, 06:59   Link #106
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For a second it went from The Last of Us to Resident Evil with that gore.
Old 2023-05-15, 11:01   Link #107
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Now that you say it, a manga volume cover has Maru and Kiruko driving a car so maybe...
Old 2023-05-15, 15:18   Link #108
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Enzo's comment made the think that the batteries were likely to be dead or stolen. EVs would be easier to recover I'd think. You don't need gasoline, and power generators do exist in this world. (What do the power generators run on?)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-17, 18:01   Link #109
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
for me it was kind of obvious that it was an illusion, there was a change of color when the scene started.

I'm starting to feel bad for maru. He really is in a spot with his feelings.
Yeah, it was quite possible to figure out that it wasn't real by the palette shift. Very subtle change but clearly there. Very well done by the team btw.
Old 2023-05-17, 21:05   Link #110
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This staff isn’t missing a trick. It helps to have a full extra year for production like they did, but every detail is just so nailed down.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 17:09   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The girl's dying message hit me right in the feels. No wonder Usami killed himself afterward, though that may have always been the plan.

This episode seems to confirm the scenes at the facility take place in the past, it was more than strongly implied the amputated girl was Mimi.
Old 2023-05-20, 19:14   Link #112
grecefar

pretty sad chapter, but I do think maru did the right thing and he shouldn't blame himself... and usami made his choice like the chapter title.

on the "happy" side, the white shirt will get what they deserve with that man-eater there.
Old 2023-05-20, 19:24   Link #113
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The girl's dying message hit me right in the feels. No wonder Usami killed himself afterward, though that may have always been the plan.

This episode seems to confirm the scenes at the facility take place in the past, it was more than strongly implied the amputated girl was Mimi.
Yep, this was pretty obvious. Another point to Marus ancentry.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 04:27   Link #114
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'd like to say I was sad, but I've only know these two for like, 10 minutes total?
Though the ending implying the identities of those two = the two from the facility was interesting

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 17:15   Link #115
Wandering Soul

I always leaned towards the facility scenes being from the past so I'm not surprised this episode seems to all but confirm it.
Old 2023-05-22, 06:23   Link #116
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It sure got really dark. They had to make an alternate version of the ending to fit the episode

Also, yes. There must be a reason why they jumped to Mimihime at the end like LOST tends to do with flashbacks. The suicidal man has the same hair color as the guy who likes the girl too.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-05-22 at 06:44.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 08:37   Link #117
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I have tried to like this adaptation...but somehow, compared to the manga, things just don't feel in sync. Particularly with the voice acting.
Old 2023-05-22, 09:58   Link #118
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Seems the latest episode was made by KyoAni artist Haruka Fujita which might explain all those visuals. Additionally, the mangaka got quite sad on twitter about the episode so it's quite possible the experiment and the doctor are part of the bigger plot from school.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-05-22 at 11:55.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-27, 20:10   Link #119
Psyco Diver

Calling it now

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-27, 21:26   Link #120
grecefar

Well that was pretty obvious...

I'm more curious if she is alive or kona since mimihime and shiro were alive outside.

Tags
adventure, sci-fi