AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-06-02, 01:37   Link #101
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Nothing with Tatsuya has much if any chance of lasting if he doesn't regain strong emotions. Something political with benefits to Tatsuya is the only real option if he was ever to get married.
I think Tats could enjoy the married life even if he didn't technically feel love. I mean he has been shown to appreciate simple things like walking to school with friends and other normal people activities...but this thread isn't about him so back to Mayumi...

Ch.3 of vol. 13 has been translated and it includes the mayumi swimsuit scene. what wasn't in the spoilers was what happened after she was seen. We get another flag showing Mayumi 's possible feelings here. When Kasumi accused the shibas of dating Mayumi was the one to rapidly respond to her. She was also examining Miyuki during the exchange to get a feel for the situation. Its actually not the first time she's been suspicious of Miyuki, as she did the same thing during Volume 12 when Kasumi rejected Mayumi being Tatsuya's hypothetical bride. It was interesting to see how she acts when she's embarrassed though. I thought it was cute lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 03:59   Link #102
NeutralZero

Well it is nice to know that she is not that against the idea of marrying Tatsuya...
all that is left is a method to strengthen her minimum screen time...
then again now that the twins are in first high, she could use that as an excuse to see Tatsuya...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 18:08   Link #103
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Ch.3 of vol. 13 has been translated and it includes the mayumi swimsuit scene. what wasn't in the spoilers was what happened after she was seen. We get another flag showing Mayumi 's possible feelings here. When Kasumi accused the shibas of dating Mayumi was the one to rapidly respond to her. She was also examining Miyuki during the exchange to get a feel for the situation. Its actually not the first time she's been suspicious of Miyuki, as she did the same thing during Volume 12 when Kasumi rejected Mayumi being Tatsuya's hypothetical bride. It was interesting to see how she acts when she's embarrassed though. I thought it was cute lol.
Mayumi is perfection. The funniest part was how she reacted when he was trying to calm her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Well it is nice to know that she is not that against the idea of marrying Tatsuya...
all that is left is a method to strengthen her minimum screen time...
then again now that the twins are in first high, she could use that as an excuse to see Tatsuya...
I don't think she can use it as an excuse, she goes to University, she is not even that audacious. If there is a war in the next vol like in Yokohama maybe she will lead them again. There is no more known TMC authority's figure recognized at First High and I can't see her sisters being able to play that role.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 06:55   Link #104
ayander

i love every tatsuya-mayumi scene in the ln. it amuses me every time

maybe if a saegusa-yotsuba war starts then she'll probably have more screen time. although i wonder how she will react to that...
ayander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 07:14   Link #105
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayander View Post

maybe if a saegusa-yotsuba war starts then she'll probably have more screen time. although i wonder how she will react to that...
But won't that affect their relationship? Especially if the confirmation of Tatsuya being a Yotsuba is revealed.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 10:05   Link #106
NeutralZero

High chance it would cause a rift in their still distant relationship
war bet ween the 4th and the 7th that is
what is more important is his participation on the war and not his identity as a Yotsuba or an extra from the Yotsuba...
Him killing memebers of the 7th, as part of the clan, doubt Mayumi will just change side. Even if she knew that they were also in the wrong...
and who knows, if Tatsyua's lineage was revealed as part of the TMC, even as an extra, it might make Kasumi mellow a little in her hostility against him
since Kasumi seems to be hostile to the bugs with no good linage or not part of the TMC
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 10:48   Link #107
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
But won't that affect their relationship? Especially if the confirmation of Tatsuya being a Yotsuba is revealed.
Tatsuya won't fight the Yotsuba's war. His only concern will be for Miyuki's safety during it. So I can almost see him bargaining with the Saegusa to keep Miyuki out of it. As long as Miyuki's safety is assured there is no reason for him to get involved. Of course he will be merciless if the Saegusa harm Miyuki in any way.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2014-06-04 at 10:59.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 11:37   Link #108
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayander View Post
I agree. Their chemistry is great together lol. At least she kept it together until she was back in the privacy of the changing room
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
Mayumi and Tatsuya would be the bridge in reducing hostilities between the 2 I think. I would expect more of them negotiating for the families than either taking part in harming the other...the Yotsuba x Saegusa thing seems to be more of a koichi x maya personal squabble rather than the families hating each other. Besides even the Yotsuba family refuses Tats as a member so I don't think he would involve himself in something like that.
Old 2014-06-05, 06:24   Link #109
amtro
Distro

I see this mistake quite often, so I'll address it now and hopefully people will remember in the future. Tatsuya is not an Extra, Extra familias are previous 10MCs who had their rank and number stripped from them. Tatsuya is a Guardian, he isn't forced into eternal servitude and neither will his eventual family be. Also on the subject of Mayumi as a marriage candidate, that is completely reasonable and she doesn't need much political power to start with, Mayumi herself is a rare magical prodigy with great magical power. Tatsuya's magic power isn't anything to frown at either, he is strong enough to use his innate magics without a CAD at blinding speeds. Following the principles of Eugenics, their union would be very desirable.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 02:18   Link #110
deathcoy

To be honest, the best way to get a happy ending is for Miyuki to succeed Maya as the head(with her death, won't do good for the leader to become a figurehead) and marry of Tatsuya to the Saegusa family, most likely Mayumi. Its a solution to fix the discord between the 2 most influential families who are also the 2 most problematic families currently. Priority is to fix the internal affairs in the country which is technically making the country vulnerable to external invasion. The infighting between older generation heads of the families is killing the Japan from the inside. The country, the Military and the 10 Family are dependent on each other, a fragile but important relationship.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 10:08   Link #111
amtro
Distro

Frankly speaking I see it leaning more in favour of Kasumi. She gives me the impression of being the dark horse in this race, like she appears late in the series, cockblocks the protag is just generally a bitch to him. But then LO AND BEHOLD she may have feelings for him. Either way she's not in the know like Mayumi, so she's going to have a hard time accepting the truth of what Tatsuya is when the time comes.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 18:37   Link #112
nosaer

^ Kasumi over Mayumi??? naaaa. Mayumi is the much better choice, even if she is older by a couple of years. Kasumi is too tomboyish. I won't say that she can't start liking Tats, but to me anyways Mayumi is the best choice of the Saegusa sisters.
Old 2014-06-06, 19:18   Link #113
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
To be honest, the best way to get a happy ending is for Miyuki to succeed Maya as the head(with her death, won't do good for the leader to become a figurehead) and marry of Tatsuya to the Saegusa family, most likely Mayumi. Its a solution to fix the discord between the 2 most influential families who are also the 2 most problematic families currently. Priority is to fix the internal affairs in the country which is technically making the country vulnerable to external invasion. The infighting between older generation heads of the families is killing the Japan from the inside. The country, the Military and the 10 Family are dependent on each other, a fragile but important relationship.
If anything, it will be Mayumi going to the Yotsuba family, not Tatsuya going to the Saegusa family, if Mayumi marries Tatsuya. Again, there is no way Miyuki will give Tatsuya away to another family, while Volume 13 Chapter 3 seems to suggest that there's a good chance that if Koichi is gone, Mayumi's brother would not mind giving away his sisters to other families.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 19:44   Link #114
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
^ Kasumi over Mayumi??? naaaa. Mayumi is the much better choice, even if she is older by a couple of years. Kasumi is too tomboyish. I won't say that she can't start liking Tats, but to me anyways Mayumi is the best choice of the Saegusa sisters.
Nope, the best logicial choice is Izumi since she listens to Miyuki completely = easiest to manipulate among the 3.

Mayumi is just your "fan-boying" choice. I will give Mayumi to you instead of Tatsuya.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 20:43   Link #115
deathcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
If anything, it will be Mayumi going to the Yotsuba family, not Tatsuya going to the Saegusa family, if Mayumi marries Tatsuya. Again, there is no way Miyuki will give Tatsuya away to another family, while Volume 13 Chapter 3 seems to suggest that there's a good chance that if Koichi is gone, Mayumi's brother would not mind giving away his sisters to other families.
True that, Mayumi's brother is more inclined to give away Mayumi rather than Miyuki giving away her brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Frankly speaking I see it leaning more in favour of Kasumi. She gives me the impression of being the dark horse in this race, like she appears late in the series, cockblocks the protag is just generally a bitch to him. But then LO AND BEHOLD she may have feelings for him. Either way she's not in the know like Mayumi, so she's going to have a hard time accepting the truth of what Tatsuya is when the time comes.
Kasumi?!??! I was under the impression her flag has been raised for that Shippou bastard dog after the handkerchief incident.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 20:54   Link #116
Sinarblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Nope, the best logicial choice is Izumi since she listens to Miyuki completely = easiest to manipulate among the 3.

Mayumi is just your "fan-boying" choice. I will give Mayumi to you instead of Tatsuya.
Izumi might be the one that Miyuki can manipulate the most but she is also the one that Miyuki least likes, by far, so I doubt that Miyuki want to become sisters-in-law with her . Also Mayumi and Tatsuya match well imo, and she doesn't seem to put off by the idea of him being a Yotsuba, and she has seen his decomposition and regrowth abilities already without her opinions changing about him (though that might change if she finds out about material burst). She is also the one of the three who has spent the most time with Tatsuya in the story so far, and I don't think he even likes Izumi or Kasumi much, if he considers them friends I doubt he considers them as good friends.
Mayumi is hardly a "fan-boying" choice imo just the best choice .

Edit: as an attempt to step away from shipping topics, in what situations, if any, do you see Mayumi beating Miyuki or Lina in a fight? I'd say that if Miyuki isn't allowed Cocytus and Lina isn't allowed HMB Mayumi could defeat them if she has a good distance between them, double so if she has cover allowing her to use multi-scope to see them while still hidden from sight.
Sinarblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 21:07   Link #117
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinarblood View Post
Izumi might be the one that Miyuki can manipulate the most but she is also the one that Miyuki least likes, by far, so I doubt that Miyuki want to become sisters-in-law with her . Also Mayumi and Tatsuya match well imo, and she doesn't seem to put off by the idea of him being a Yotsuba, and she has seen his decomposition and regrowth abilities already without her opinions changing about him (though that might change if she finds out about material burst). She is also the one of the three who has spent the most time with Tatsuya in the story so far, and I don't think he even likes Izumi or Kasumi much, if he considers them friends I doubt he considers them as good friends.
Mayumi is hardly a "fan-boying" choice imo just the best choice .

Edit: as an attempt to step away from shipping topics, in what situations, if any, do you see Mayumi beating Miyuki or Lina in a fight? I'd say that if Miyuki isn't allowed Cocytus and Lina isn't allowed HMB Mayumi could defeat them if she has a good distance between them, double so if she has cover allowing her to use multi-scope to see them while still hidden from sight.
Can never beat Lina because of Parade. Everyone has lost to her simply because she can't be targeted with Parade. It basically took both Yakumo and Maya explaining the spell to Tatsuya just for him to be able to find a way to get past it.

Miyuki is possible if there is literally a HUGE distance between them. Also, a ton of obstacles between them. Mayumi can surprise Miyuki in that way and she will win.
If Miyuki is aware that Mayumi is trying to get her then Mayumi will lose however.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 21:14   Link #118
Newhope

To be honest I see Mayumi as the most likely marriage candidate and one of the few woman that I could see Miyuki accepting, I just can't see either of the twins been up to the internal power struggles they're frankly pretty stupid, while Mayumi puts up a childish persona she's already proven to be astute towards who Tatsuya is and whats really going on.

And yes traditionally the woman would join the grooms family the only exceptions would be no male heir or the man is from a lower tier been adopted into the family.

For this to happen though I think it'd take a threat that would forced the Yotsuba and Saegusa clans to fight together or a Yotsuba/Saegusa war and Mayumi marriage is part of the peace deal.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 21:38   Link #119
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinarblood View Post
Hey i said logical choice, not emotional choice. Emotional wise, can you resist a 3-p with both best clans' girls?

Mayumi and Mari admited that everyone in First high is below Miyuki's level and that's why they had to personally see Lina vs Miyuki duel.
Since they are so surprised and curious to see whether there is actually someone equal to Miyuki (they firmly don't believe so).

I just point it out but hey, combatting is a different story. Keep your hope up.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-06-06 at 23:15.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 21:39   Link #120
Sinarblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Can never beat Lina because of Parade. Everyone has lost to her simply because she can't be targeted with Parade. It basically took both Yakumo and Maya explaining the spell to Tatsuya just for him to be able to find a way to get past it.

Miyuki is possible if there is literally a HUGE distance between them. Also, a ton of obstacles between them. Mayumi can surprise Miyuki in that way and she will win.
If Miyuki is aware that Mayumi is trying to get her then Mayumi will lose however.
I think you are misunderstanding something on Parade. Parade beat Tatsuya's decomposition because it disguised even the information on Lina. However against Mayumi, it won't block supersonic hail bullets from hitting, Parade basically only stops any magic that directly interferes with the users information structure, which none of Mayumi's attacks do.

Also I actually don't think that there needs to be a HUGE distance between Miyuki and Mayumi like you do, basically just an enviroment with enough things to hide behind so Miyuki doesn't locate Mayumi right away, and enough space so that Miyuki doesn't simply hit the whole area with AOE magic. So a good amount of distance but not HUGE.
edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Hey i said logical choice, not emotional choice. Emotional wise, can you resist a 3-p with both best clans' girls?

Mayumi and Mari admited that everyone in First high is below Miyuki's level and that's why they had to personally see Lina vs Miyuki duel.
Since they are so surprised and curious to see whether there is actually someone equal to Miyuki (they firmly don't believe so).

I just point it out but hey, combating is a different story. Keep your hope up.
Huh, I will admit that it is the most logical choice when looked at the view of who is easiest to manipulate even if Miyuki would never let it be and I doubt Tatsuya would particularly prefer it.

Aye, I remember that passage with Mayumi and Mari thinking that, but I figure Miyuki and Lina aren't unbeatable in EVERY situation, and that there is probably a few where situations where a person stated to be in the top 10 of long-distance precision shooting can win against them, especially since she can have supersonic bullets go at them from multiple different directions. Basically if she has cover so they can't immediately KO her and she can hide I think she has a chance if she relies on Multi-scope. In a direct confrontation when she doesn't start behind cover or she isn't really far away I don't see her winning as much as she is my favourite of the three XD.

Last edited by Sinarblood; 2014-06-06 at 21:54. Reason: grammar and spelling, also added a section in
Sinarblood is offline   Reply With Quote