Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-02-01, 04:46   Link #101
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
According to the VF 25 Messiah Master File Alto and Sheryl are actually touring together, in this book they describe Sheryl having a concert on Macross Olympia with Alto doing stunts. Ranka is also touring on her own.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1210
I'm a nerd what can I say.
Sadly the canonicity of that entry is in question, since there was an annotation in the book stating that this specific material was not canonical. Although I read at least one dissenting opinion on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
In the Kiss in the Galaxy 4 manga he said they might break up for a short time but would end up together. At some point Kawamori even joked about their grandkids. You can find the translation online too (I actually own that volume myself).
Translated by karice on her site, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
The colony is landed. There's no way that anybody is going to keep Alto from flying through every nook and cranny on that planet, in everything from a VF-25 to a flying bicycle, three or four times over.
Well, eventually that will have been done. That lad is meant for greater things than just flying for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
And while we're dispensing opinions, straight up series concept rehashes would bore the hell out of me.
While I meant Macross 7-2 as a joke and pun on Final Fantasy X-2, I really would love to see more of Sheryl and Alto. Not so much of Ranka.
Old 2017-02-01, 06:17   Link #102
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Considering how Macross is fiction within fiction I take vf25 story. Plus it doesn't conflict with the Kawamori interview.
Old 2017-02-01, 07:21   Link #103
magnuskn

Hell, yeah, I'd take it, too. ^^
Old 2017-02-03, 12:52   Link #104
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

What are the odds that this series finally details the fate of the Megaroad-01 fleet? And thus we finally get the answer to the question that Delta didn't bloody answer?
Old 2017-02-03, 13:33   Link #105
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
What are the odds that this series finally details the fate of the Megaroad-01 fleet? And thus we finally get the answer to the question that Delta didn't bloody answer?
As good as any of us winning the lottery.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2017-02-04, 18:33   Link #106
ReddyRedWolf

Thinking about it there is an opportunity to show all 5th Generation VF to date. Earth's VF-24, Frontier's VF-25 and YF-29, Galaxy's VF-27, Surya Industries VF-31. If you are asking why the VF-27 it has been seen in post Frontier media with Macross 30 and Macross E. As for the Sv-262 Draken III it is too much identified with Windermere to me. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Sv-154 Svard as it and the YF-24 are the only ones we never saw their transformation though we can extrapolate given the VF-25, and the LV-47 from Macross Design Works.
Old 2017-02-07, 13:49   Link #107
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Sadly the canonicity of that entry is in question, since there was an annotation in the book stating that this specific material was not canonical. Although I read at least one dissenting opinion on that.
Well as much as I disdain Macross's approach to canon, the fact that Kawamori paired Alto and Sheryl together in the Frontier movies strongly suggests that's how it will be if they are ever referenced again in the Macross franchise, yes?
Old 2017-02-07, 15:31   Link #108
magnuskn

Oh, indubitably. However, the specific future alluded to in the extra material (Sheryl doing tours with Alto as her pilot) is referenced as non-canon, as far as I know.
Old 2017-02-07, 15:37   Link #109
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, indubitably. However, the specific future alluded to in the extra material (Sheryl doing tours with Alto as her pilot) is referenced as non-canon, as far as I know.
Kawamori is a professional troll. On one hand, the back of the book states its not canon. OTOH, he also stated that 'everything is canon', the difference being the interpretation. Ah whatever...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2017-02-21, 23:49   Link #110
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

What do y'all suppose will be the next designation used for the protagonist variable fighter? 35 seems like a logical next step.
Old 2017-02-27, 15:39   Link #111
Bgunit

So guys I was thinking its a sequel to delta set one year after it because that would be 2068 50 years after it airs
Old 2017-03-06, 10:38   Link #112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgunit View Post
So guys I was thinking its a sequel to delta set one year after it because that would be 2068 50 years after it airs
What made you think Delta will have anything to do with this new series?
Old 2017-03-06, 10:46   Link #113
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What made you think Delta will have anything to do with this new series?
With the latest news it sounds like a frontier sequel. I suppose we shall find out Sunday
Old 2017-03-06, 10:56   Link #114
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
With the latest news it sounds like a frontier sequel. I suppose we shall find out Sunday
A direct sequel would be a first time for ol' Mac. If it is, its probably because of Sheryl... which, for better or worse, means a few things...

- Tak

Old 2017-03-06, 11:12   Link #115
magnuskn

I'm refusing to get my hopes too high, because otherwise the let-down would be hard, if it doesn't happen.

Of course, if it turns out to be true, I'd have to worry about Sheryl and Alto being together, because drama and all that.
Old 2017-03-06, 11:21   Link #116
Tak

Well, the ad did say Sheryl will return, and a new movie...

- Tak

Old 2017-03-06, 12:45   Link #117
magnuskn

Oh, I thought it would be a new music video only. Well, fingers crossed!

(You can imagine me making an "Eeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!!" sound like a little girl internally. ).
Old 2017-03-06, 12:51   Link #118
Tak

Fingers twisted and crossed indeed. The ad has keywords: Return, Sheryl None, New Song, New Movie... we'll see...

- Tak

Old 2017-03-06, 16:52   Link #119
FlamingMangos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Fingers twisted and crossed indeed. The ad has keywords: Return, Sheryl None, New Song, New Movie... we'll see...

- Tak
Where's the source for that? I keep hearing you guys talk about ad but no source for the ad.
Old 2017-03-06, 17:26   Link #120
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingMangos View Post
Where's the source for that? I keep hearing you guys talk about ad but no source for the ad.
Here

Join the club!

- Tak

Closed Thread