AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-19, 20:47   Link #101
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Kaede wants to taste Ai cooking all he was thinking about is her Omurice but he got to settle for cookies instead

Well Kaede pull the flip off
Old 2023-09-19, 21:16   Link #102
grecefar

I didn't recall the maple leaf in the omelet, I thought mie was trying to do a heart but messed up.

These lastest chapters mie has been too cute, so sad the next chapter is the last.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-26, 10:37   Link #103
Frontier

I love how we're at a point where Mie is straight up just wearing fashion glasses instead of her prescription and ends up wanting to see what KOMURA looks like in the glasses and wanting photographic evidence in the process. And then she finds her actual glasses and they're a matchig glasses couple. This is too cute .

I will miss all the planes flying over this school .

Mie's hair looks great in any form, but it's never a bad time for a new hairstyle! And Komura can't take his eyes off of her! To the point where he insists he's looking at her hair and not her in a school swimsuit! And Mie recognizing he wants to see her new hairdo again is priceless .

Kind of late for the "old classmate reconnecting" plot, but it is kind of funny finding out Mie's been forgetting her glasses since elementary school. And it makes Komura wonder if Mie will remember him once she stops forgetting her glasses (assuming that ever happens) .

Hibuchi is smart! She quickly realizes why Komura is asking about her forgetting her contacts and she thinks there's a little more to Mie forgetting her glasses and relying on Komura than just her forgetfulness...and how Komura is such a dad .

Komura's hopeless. Thinks Mie is bummed about entrance exams when she's just disappointed she won't be able to see Komura as much over the break .

Mie realizing she's not wearing shorts under her skirt was adorable, as was her giving Komura the look when he said it's probably better she doesn't go on the swings .

Surprisingly intimate moment in the slide! Mie just can't resist basking in Komura's face, or gushing out how he looks in their couple selfie .

Oh snap! They met as kids! And Komura's been helping Mie even back then! The irony that Ise teasing her because he liked her and stealing her glasses is what led to the beginning of their relationship! And Mie comparing Komura to her dad even back then! And thinking he's perfect husband material !

Komura with the initiative! Finally grabbing Mie by the hand and wanting to see her over vacation! Which is all Mie had wanted to hear this whole time! Just that pure smile !
Old 2023-09-26, 18:05   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was expecting a bit more to happen, but it was fine. Komura took a step forward. It was mostly Mie who had been on the "attack" until now, so this was nice. Too bad we won't see whatever they're going to do during their vacation unless a second season is greenlit.

8/10. Really enjoyed it, mostly because Mie was super cute and Shion Wakayama voiced her perfectly.
Old 2023-09-26, 18:40   Link #105
grecefar

This was great, mie was so cute in the lastest chapters. This need a second season ASAP.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-26, 20:54   Link #106
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Ai getting her hair done by a girl who just wants to see a new style on her

So Ai and Kaede met each other even before they both know and went right into a Dad-zone

7/10 Hopefully there will be another season
Old 2023-09-27, 01:17   Link #107
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm rounding up but it had the art. Just your SOL romcom with a silly premise. Mie's facial expressions and both their voices were fitting.

8/10
Old 2023-09-27, 02:17   Link #108
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-27, 02:34   Link #109
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So it's One Week Friends but glasses instead of a week as the trigger...seriously?
Old 2023-09-27, 11:59   Link #110
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
So it's One Week Friends but glasses instead of a week as the trigger...seriously?
I think there was a little more progress and romantic buildup by comparison though .
Old 2023-09-30, 01:11   Link #111
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses. Final Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I love how we're at a point where Mie is straight up just wearing fashion glasses instead of her prescription and ends up wanting to see what KOMURA looks like in the glasses and wanting photographic evidence in the process. And then she finds her actual glasses and they're a matchig glasses couple. This is too cute .

I will miss all the planes flying over this school .

Mie's hair looks great in any form, but it's never a bad time for a new hairstyle! And Komura can't take his eyes off of her! To the point where he insists he's looking at her hair and not her in a school swimsuit! And Mie recognizing he wants to see her new hairdo again is priceless .

Kind of late for the "old classmate reconnecting" plot, but it is kind of funny finding out Mie's been forgetting her glasses since elementary school. And it makes Komura wonder if Mie will remember him once she stops forgetting her glasses (assuming that ever happens) .

Hibuchi is smart! She quickly realizes why Komura is asking about her forgetting her contacts and she thinks there's a little more to Mie forgetting her glasses and relying on Komura than just her forgetfulness...and how Komura is such a dad .

Komura's hopeless. Thinks Mie is bummed about entrance exams when she's just disappointed she won't be able to see Komura as much over the break .

Mie realizing she's not wearing shorts under her skirt was adorable, as was her giving Komura the look when he said it's probably better she doesn't go on the swings .

Surprisingly intimate moment in the slide! Mie just can't resist basking in Komura's face, or gushing out how he looks in their couple selfie .

Oh snap! They met as kids! And Komura's been helping Mie even back then! The irony that Ise teasing her because he liked her and stealing her glasses is what led to the beginning of their relationship! And Mie comparing Komura to her dad even back then! And thinking he's perfect husband material !

Komura with the initiative! Finally grabbing Mie by the hand and wanting to see her over vacation! Which is all Mie had wanted to hear this whole time! Just that pure smile !
Correct me if I'm wrong with my next statement.

I think the author executes creative ways for Mie to forget her glasses in order to get close to Komura, and the resulting antics lead to cute experiences for the two of them. Hence, FMPOV, while Komura is dense from time to time at picking-up the cues and nuances, nonetheless, it carries the build-up organically so as the pay-off towards the end of the season's finale results in Komura grabbing Mie's hand and claiming he wants to see more of her over the summer. Therefore, his reaction and response carried within the plot never felt forceful at all.

It is sad to wave goodbye to both Mie and Komura, since indeed I felt in love with their chemistry and interaction over the course of the show. Mie forgetting her glasses is the plot vehicle so that Komura can come to assist her or to provide support rather than just helping her, nevertheless, I'm also open to the possibility that Mie might remember Komura from that childhood memory and wants for both to get closer and closer.

All that's left now is to wait in hopes that a second season may actually come one day moreso since the manga is ending next year in spring.
Link: The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses Manga Ends in 12th Volume in Spring 2024
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote