AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-06-08, 23:22   Link #101
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Walker hit like 3 or 4 Three's..he had like 5 or 6 layups...He drove to the basket like 10 times (What more do you want?)...What killed him was the turnovers...Yeah he missed a huge 3 in the 4th, but that's his game (and that 3 barely rattled out)...Posey played well..they only rotate 8,9 guys and Haslem was in foul trouble...there were a couple of times in the second half where Wade had chances to takeover the game and didn't...O'Neal was shooting so terrible from the Foul line he didn't want the ball in the 4th...I repeat..WADE must DOMINATE (when the game starts to get outta control)...All the great ones know when it's time to be selfish...
Old 2006-06-09, 00:16   Link #102
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Walker shot 7-19 ... he was 3-9 of the field. I'm betting that if he drove to the basket for most of the time his stats wouldn't be that ugly. But I agree that Wade must dominate.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 01:05   Link #103
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

3-threes, 4 lay-ups that's Walker's game...Yeah he missed a couple of crucial shots, but if he makes that one 3 in the 4th that ties the game and the heat go on to win no-one would be complaining...He's feast or famine, he's been like that most his career, but with the Heat he actually is more of a playmaker...
Old 2006-06-09, 01:11   Link #104
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I agree ... if he strokes it, he strokes it. If he's cold, he's cold. Yeah. You're right.
Old 2006-06-11, 23:17   Link #105
SlugZilla
woofles

I've just witnessed a destruction of the Heat by the Mavericks, Shaq barely scored and Dwyane Wade struggled to carry the team. Shaq needs to make his free throws, and the Heat bench need to step up. Mourning was the only guy who was sound for an old guy. The Heat are letting me down on a potentially exciting finals series.

The Mavericks on the other hand are just playing solid basketball. They are so deep and balanced, they can win against any team. Stackhouse was huge in the second quarter, scoring those three 3's ending half time. They did play exceptionally well tonight all except for the fourth quarter, the two 4 point plays by Howard and Stackhouse were a testament to that. Nowitzki didn't play bad but he wasn't really agressive tonight in take those fade away shots and instead showed that he can take it to the rim.

It'll be interesting to see if the Heat will step it up or crumble at home. The Mavs have a huge advantage now, they only need to win at least one out of three in Miami and the two final games will be back at Dallas.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 23:55   Link #106
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The 2-3-2 finals format sucks so bad...That's why you have to win one of the first two on the road cause it's almost impossible to beat a good team 3 straight times and still have to steal one of the last 2...The Heat will have to play lights out to get an advantage in this series now...It sucks to watch your team get so blasted...

I'm somewhat dissapointed in Dwayne Wade because he is so careless with the basketball, lackadasical even...and it's clear that he isn't able to take over a basketball game like I thought he was...His negative qualities are showing big time in this series...Don't get me wrong he's still the $hit, but he's not playing at the same level as Dallas' top players...The game's pace is just too erradic for Shaq right now...Miami MUST slow the game down...If that takes them walking the ball up methodically each time even on rebounds they have to change this pace...
Old 2006-06-12, 04:56   Link #107
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You know, Wade's motto is 'Fall down seven, stand up eight.' I wonder if he's going to deliver on that.
Old 2006-06-13, 23:21   Link #108
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, Wade indeed delivered. With cheese and toppings on top. 42 amazing points, and 15 in the 4th quarter. The guy is nothing short of amazing; Heat can still win the championship: I STILL BELIEVE.
Old 2006-06-14, 00:06   Link #109
SlugZilla
woofles

That was a nice comeback by the Heat, I can't believe they won it. You got to give Dwyane Wade a lot of credit for that. He literally carried the team to victory, and the Heat got some lucky breaks turning it into a stunning come-from-behind victory. Dirk missed a huge freethrow, I mean he usually makes those. The Mavs had a double digit lead in the 4th and on the verge of going 3-0 too, they probably let their easiest game at Miami slip away.
Old 2006-06-14, 00:39   Link #110
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Dawayne didn't play great the whole game, but totally made up for it in the 4th...i was about to have a heartattack down the stretch...Dallas thought Miami had given up, they were 6 mins away from ending this series and they must be sick now...But give the Heat credit despite like 23 turnovers and 14 missed ft's they still win...They willed themselves toward this victory...The Heat is not out of the water yet they have to come up with a new game-plan, something to rattle Dallas because Dallas has proven they are REALLY GOOD, REALLY DEEP, and REALLY TALENTED...I still say Riley needs to let the Andersons come off the bench to play defense on Terry and Harris, they are better defenders than J-Will and Payton...You might even wanna consider letting Zo play more minutes too to block some shots when Harris and terry get to the basket...

Great win Heat, but it will be meaningless if they don't adjust their gameplan cause right now it ain't working...
Old 2006-06-14, 01:05   Link #111
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

If Wade can score at least 30 next game and Shaq at least 25, that would spell trouble for Dallas. But the BENCH must work, dammit. Almost all of the Heat's points came from the starters, and roughly 45% of it from Wade. x|
Old 2006-06-15, 23:22   Link #112
SlugZilla
woofles

Blow out game tonight, Heat finally got a game to instill their confidence. Wade had his usual game and got his shots. Dirk shot his worst possible game, that's why they lost. He kept missing and missing, it was just painful to watch. The Heat played good defense especially on Dirk and I don't think I saw him make a single perimeter shot. Something is definitely wrong with him, either the double team or he's just shooting poorly this series. Now they are tied but the advantage is still on Dallas. Heat have to, no they MUST win the next game at home if they ever hope to win the series, it'll be a huge game.
Old 2006-06-15, 23:37   Link #113
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingRightness
I still say Riley needs to let the Andersons come off the bench to play defense on Terry and Harris, they are better defenders than J-Will and Payton...You might even wanna consider letting Zo play more minutes too to block some shots when Harris and terry get to the basket...
It's scary how smart I am^^...

Pat Riley did exactly what I said..He let Anderson come off the bench for improved "D" and i think he's figuring out letting Alonzo play more minutes pays big dividens in defending the basket...Wade was amazing and dominated from the beginning (instead of picking his spots like he usually does)...With that said though the key player to me was Posey...Posey played excellent in every phase of the game especially defense and hussle (15 pts 10 rebs)...He should always feed ShaQ the ball because when they double he is a great 3-pt shooter...Can't expect Dirk and Josh Howard to shoot this bad again, but great Miami defense overall...

And what the hell was Jerry Stackhouse thinking?? Back in the 90's that was cool, but he might regret trying to head-hunt ShaQ...God I miss basketball from the mid-90's, Stackhouse would have gotten his neck broken on his next drive to the basket if NBA wasn't so damn strict nowadays...Anyways good win, but it's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row at this level, I think the Heat will have to play even better (and it's possible) to get that pivotal 5th game...
Old 2006-06-15, 23:39   Link #114
Zhemos

Dirk is choking. Horrible performance tonight. Gonna be tough for him to come back from tonights game.
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 23:40   Link #115
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I still believe that the Heat can win the championship.
Old 2006-06-16, 02:11   Link #116
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
Dirk is choking. Horrible performance tonight. Gonna be tough for him to come back from tonights game.

Remember in the series against the suns where he had a horrible game and then the next game he scored like 50 points, he'll bounce back. But I would still like the heat to win, unfortuntly the whole 2-3-2 setup for the finals is really gay. The only team to ever win all three games in a row during the finals was detroit so it's gonna be tough to beat Dallas again because I doubt they're gonna come out shooting that shitty again. Heat got a big break this game, Dallas had every opportunity to come back in the late third/early forth but shot like shit.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 07:07   Link #117
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

You did underestimate the Heat's defense, however. Their defense was never porous for the most part.
Old 2006-06-16, 14:35   Link #118
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Heat did play good D but Dallas still got open looks they just couldn't knock'em down. I'm starting to sound pro Dallas now
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 20:58   Link #119
SlugZilla
woofles

Stackhouse is now suspended for game 5 for that tackle against O'neal. Vaguely similar to how Terry got suspended and lost that game against the Spurs. Stackhouse is their 3rd/4th best player so the pressure is going to be on Dirk who's been shooting very poor.
Old 2006-06-16, 21:33   Link #120
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The NBA is a joke..Miami is my team, but still...I remember when what Stackhouse did wouldn't be anything but a normal personal foul..I think ESPN had a little bit to do with this as they pimped-out the highlight a thousand times and everybody was saying he should get suspended...It's unfortunate, but if it helps the Heat they'll take it...