Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-07-05, 19:42   Link #101
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryo View Post
Damn it! How many times is yesasia going to delay shipping my Spice and Wolf DS game?!?!?! I just got an e-mail saying it won't be shipped until the 10th of July, and just a few days ago they said it would be delayed until the 3rd. *sigh* But hell, I've already waited five months so whats a few extra days right?
Since the life-size poster was attached as a pre-order privilege, my DS Game was delivered using a huge box like a coffin.

I don't know whether it is a reason for which the delivery of LordRyo's order is too late.
Spoiler for large image size:
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 20:48   Link #102
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
Well, as I mentioned; I pre-ordered my copy through yesasia, and unfortunately it wasn't until after I pre-ordered it that I read somewhere (can't remember where) that yesasia won't or has trouble shipping packages of a certain sizes to the US. Does anyone know if that's true or not? Perhaps that's why my copy has been delayed, I'd like to know if anyone could help. Thanks!
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 23:28   Link #103
Denatus

x.x I hate my life for not knowing Japanese right now x.x
Denatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 03:56   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Damn it! How many times is yesasia going to delay shipping my Spice and Wolf DS game?!?!?! I just got an e-mail saying it won't be shipped until the 10th of July, and just a few days ago they said it would be delayed until the 3rd. *sigh* But hell, I've already waited five months so whats a few extra days right?
Given my experience with yesasia... if you start getting those sorts of delay notices - start frantically looking elsewhere for anyone who will import japanese DS games.

Every single time yesasia has done that to me -- they've dragged it out for several months and then informed me they couldn't get the product.
And then it was sold out elsewhere....

Just my experience with them, Your Mileage May Vary.
Old 2008-07-07, 04:58   Link #105
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Given my experience with yesasia... if you start getting those sorts of delay notices - start frantically looking elsewhere for anyone who will import japanese DS games.

Every single time yesasia has done that to me -- they've dragged it out for several months and then informed me they couldn't get the product.
And then it was sold out elsewhere....

Just my experience with them, Your Mileage May Vary.
I sure hope that doesn't happen, but I will take your advice. If they notify me one more time about a delay I'll cancel the order and take my business elsewhere.

Thanks alot for the heads up!

~*Edit: Well, I decided to search for the game somewhere else just incase Yesasia doesn't come through, and sadly I can't find the game anywhere!!!!! No place even lists the game as being "out of stock" or something, my future rests with Yesasia's dependability...

Last edited by Lord Ryo; 2008-07-07 at 05:32.
Old 2008-07-07, 23:57   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Fingers crossed and all that
Old 2008-07-08, 03:25   Link #107
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Lord Ryo, it depends on what you want. A game itself or a rom which you could play through emulator.

If a second option is good enough I believe it is rather easy to find that.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 05:11   Link #108
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Well, yeah, I could always get a rom, but I wanted to have the game, or more so the life-size Horo poster along with the soundtrack. I did per-order the First Press Limited Edition. But we'll see in two days on the 10th rether or not I get another delay notice. My fingers have been crossed for days now Vexx, now they're starting to hurt...
Old 2008-07-08, 13:42   Link #109
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Good luck, Ryo! We're rooting for you.
Old 2008-07-09, 04:09   Link #110
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Thanks, I'm gonna need it! ^^
Old 2008-07-11, 04:56   Link #111
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

YES!!!!! Just got a confirmation e-mail from Yesasia telling me thay have shipped Horo to me! ^^ And that I should be expecting her very soon! (I did pay extra to have her delivered in two days..) I would like to thank you all for your support in helping me get through Yesasia's moment of disappointment, I started to worry for a second there, but now things have cleared I can once again sleep in peace.

So good night!!! ^^
Old 2008-07-12, 04:01   Link #112
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Glad to hear that! Hope your Horo is as awesome as it should be.
Old 2008-07-12, 06:32   Link #113
Kaguya
an idler

Congratulations, Lord Ryo. Please enjoy Horo.

I was searching for the shop that sold the first press limited edition with the poster while assuming Yesasia canceled the order.
However, it was not sold anywhere.
I found only one shop which can be delivered to overseas for the first press limited edition without the poster.
However, there was no English page.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2683599

Although there were many DS games in an auction, ebay was higher than the retail price and Yahoo had not carried out overseas dispatch.

P.S.
Please check that the poster is enclosed and not being folded up.
Old 2008-07-13, 04:48   Link #114
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Congratulations, Lord Ryo. Please enjoy Horo.

I was searching for the shop that sold the first press limited edition with the poster while assuming Yesasia canceled the order.
However, it was not sold anywhere.
I found only one shop which can be delivered to overseas for the first press limited edition without the poster.
However, there was no English page.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2683599

Although there were many DS games in an auction, ebay was higher than the retail price and Yahoo had not carried out overseas dispatch.

P.S.
Please check that the poster is enclosed and not being folded up.
Thank you all, I know I will enjoy Horo and all of her awesomeness!

However Kaguya, your post script worries me. Yesasia lists my order as being two shipping units. I’m not too sure what that means, I’m hoping and assuming it’s for the poster and that it’s shipped rolled up and not folded into a square.
Old 2008-07-13, 05:43   Link #115
Kaguya
an idler

Quote:
However Kaguya, your post script worries me. Yesasia lists my order as being two shipping units. I’m not too sure what that means, I’m hoping and assuming it’s for the poster and that it’s shipped rolled up and not folded into a square.
Probably, that will be right.

That Yesasia divided packing into two means that the rolled up poster is contained.
Probably, Yesasia repacked it up to two, in order to make carriage cheap, since the shipment from ASCII MEDIA WORKS was one big box.
Old 2008-07-13, 05:56   Link #116
Kaguya
an idler

The cover illustration of the DVD last volume was Horo.
There was no Lawrence's turn.
Poor Lawrence!

Spoiler for vol.6 illustration:
Old 2008-07-13, 06:24   Link #117
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Probably, that will be right.

That Yesasia divided packing into two means that the rolled up poster is contained.
Probably, Yesasia repacked it up to two, in order to make carriage cheap, since the shipment from ASCII MEDIA WORKS was one big box.
Well, that's good to hear, I'd hate to see Horo on my wall with stupid white lines across her face! >_<

And although I'm lovin' that package design for volume six, it does suck that Lawrence never saw it to the front with his own DVD cover. Who knows, maybe they're saving something special for him with a second season... Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...
Old 2008-07-16, 16:07   Link #118
Kaguya
an idler

DJCD and Drama CD were released today.

DJCD "Spice and Wolf Web radio / DJCD vol.1 & 2"

Dramas CD "Spice and Wolf side story drama CD / Okami to kohakuiro no yutsu"
This is a comedy based on a side story.

Quotation from an official site

The un-aired original story for 20 minutes was added to the radio drama aired in Web radio, and the long-awaited package was realized.
Mr. Naruhisa Arakawa who wrote the scenario of TV anime takes charge of the scenario of a radio drama!
The original story of the second half is a situation of sick person Lawrence and sick nurse Horo, and an alternate world peculiar to a side story is developed!

Story
Making the big task of golden smuggling successful, Horo, Lawrence, and Nora were holding the victory celebration at the bar in the town.
Horo glares in vain at Lawrence who gets drunk with alcohol, becomes talkative and talks with Nora joyfully.
Horo leans a glass, spilling a grumble alone while giving them a sideways glance.
But, gradually, her condition worsened and has fallen off a chair with giddiness.
When Horo woke up, she was on the bed.
On this bed, sick Horo will have the dream of various alternate worlds.

I roared with laughter in Lawrence's dream.
Spoiler for Drama CD:
Old 2008-07-16, 21:44   Link #119
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I need translations, or to learn Japanese. :S
Old 2008-07-17, 21:10   Link #120
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Well, today I received a package in the mail, a small square box. And seeing how I’m only expecting one thing in the mail I panicked! After carefully opening the package I found only half of what I was expecting. I finally received my long awaited Spice and Wolf DS game, with the CD, but no Horo Poster! >_< WHAT?!?!?! Yesasia did consider my order to be of two shipping units so I’ll give it a few days to see if another package arrives at my doorstep, preferably a long thin one. But I think for the price I paid at least I should have gotten remotely decent service and ALL of what I paid for! It even came almost a week late! *sigh* Someone please remind me never to order from Yesasia again, they gave me more hell than any ebay order I’ve had.