AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-24, 19:26   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What was even the point of starting the season with the Sakurai standing on top of Uzaki cliffhanger when nothing happened? No confession, no kiss, nothing. Sakurai and Uzaki were probably my least favorite characters in this season, which probably isn't a good thing since they're the leads. They spent way too much time overthinking everything instead of HAVING FUN, like in the title!

I enjoyed their families much more than them.
Old 2022-12-24, 20:20   Link #102
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-24, 20:33   Link #103
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What was even the point of starting the season with the Sakurai standing on top of Uzaki cliffhanger when nothing happened? No confession, no kiss, nothing. Sakurai and Uzaki were probably my least favorite characters in this season, which probably isn't a good thing since they're the leads. They spent way too much time overthinking everything instead of HAVING FUN, like in the title!

You could say that the 2nd season was about the supporting cast trying to drag our pair over the finish line. They've not quite gotten there but at least admit they love each other. And Sakurai has determined that he has to do right by Uzaki.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-24, 21:47   Link #104
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well he finely said it somewhat even after all that meddling from everyone but still just such a long way off saying to her

7/10 Hopefully a 3rd season
Old 2022-12-24, 22:48   Link #105
Frontier

Quote:

Probably not substantial progress but they're more honest with each other than they were before, Sakurai isn't as in-denial as Uzaki is, and it seems like things are set to progress to their inevitable relationship confusion .

I found some of the overthinking fun at least, if only because of Uzaki's delusional logic in trying to avoid admitting she likes Sakurai .
Old 2022-12-25, 08:40   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I found some of the overthinking fun at least, if only because of Uzaki's delusional logic in trying to avoid admitting she likes Sakurai .
I admit that was pretty funny. It was still rather frustrating to see them make barely any progress. I thought we'd at least get a confession this season.
Old 2022-12-25, 09:39   Link #107
Frontier

Quote:
I admit that was pretty funny. It was still rather frustrating to see them make barely any progress. I thought we'd at least get a confession this season.
Well, we got an internal confession...which oddly enough reminded me of "Will Ayumu Make his Move?" .
Old 2022-12-25, 19:12   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, we got an internal confession...which oddly enough reminded me of "Will Ayumu Make his Move?" .
Well, if you remember I wasn't too hot about the main leads in this show either. I'm consistent if nothing else.
Old 2022-12-25, 20:08   Link #109
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
On the positive side it says something when a show can get an emotional reaction out of the audience. On the downside it's probably not a good thing when my first thought about this season starts off with swearing!

Are you kidding me!? These two idiots deserve each other. My sympathies go out to their friends and family. Getting caught up in the wake of these two would drive people to murder. I'm suddenly loving Shinichi's father because he knocks around his stupid son.

This season had some positives. There were moments when progress felt close. But mostly the positives is about the supporting cast. Hana's family is fantastic. Yanagi is an absolute treasure and has as much fun with her situation as she can. The father is a pretty good guy all things considered. Shinichi's father is a bit of a mixed bag. His best quality is that he utterly demolishes his kid in terms of Judo.

There's nowhere else for this series to go. They know how they feel about each other. They know how each other feels about them (more on Shinichi's side, but pretty much). Their families and friends know how they feel. All I can think is that the creator didn't want the gravy train to end and bailed on having someone confess and ending the series. All that is left is a confession. Nice that things built up to at least the characters knowing their feelings. But it kind of fails if they don't do anything with it.

I'm going to be excessive on this one and give it a 3/10. That ending alone tanked the season.
Old 2022-12-25, 21:23   Link #110
Chosen_Hero

Guys, this was the season of them finally finding out and accepting their true feelings for each other, there is no need to rush things, they are doing pretty well when compared to 99% of other anime couples that stay oblivious until season 5 and beyond (I'm lowballing here) and that's if they have any progress at all, if anything Uzaki and Senpai are speedrunning their relationship by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
There's nowhere else for this series to go. They know how they feel about each other. They know how each other feels about them (more on Shinichi's side, but pretty much). Their families and friends know how they feel. All I can think is that the creator didn't want the gravy train to end and bailed on having someone confess and ending the series. All that is left is a confession. Nice that things built up to at least the characters knowing their feelings. But it kind of fails if they don't do anything with it.
Spoiler for not a spoiler but just in case:
Old 2022-12-25, 21:42   Link #111
Frontier

If nothing else the fact that we already got a season 2 makes me think there is a chance for a season 3 .
Old 2022-12-27, 19:32   Link #112
HandofFate

argh, what a let down of a finale after all the teasing.

I'm starting to feel irritated as the guy friend in the group and tempted to try to NTR Sakurai away and maybe that will finally light a fire under Uzuki
Old 2022-12-28, 07:16   Link #113
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:20.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 10:23   Link #114
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Courtesan Uzaki !
Old 2022-12-29, 06:46   Link #115
kari-no-sugata II

Given the complaints here about a lack of progress, from a manga perspective this is perhaps more of a problem of where they decided to end the season on.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote