AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-06, 20:11   Link #101
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Wai! This looks really good after the first episode. The protaganist reminds me of a combination of..errr. the cat guy from Fruits Basket (forgot his name) coupled with Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo. I'll be waiting for the next episode.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 20:18   Link #102
chamelean75

heheh, I really enjoyed the first episode. The thing that made this anime stick out from all the other new animes, ie. my hime, is the music. hehe the music is really awesome. I need to get the ost when it comes out. The ending song is awesome.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 20:25   Link #103
Ero-Senpai
Hm Otaku Sapiens i think?

bleach anime

I just got done watching the new bleach anime. all i can say is it was GREAT!
it stayed along the lines on the manga better than most animes do. i had high hopes that they would make a anime out of bleach and my expectations were exceeded greatly. gotta love the opening theme too
Ero-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 20:34   Link #104
mintyfresh
Altoid

I can see this anime getting its own board already...
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 20:41   Link #105
Za Paper

Someone mentioned that this could be the next big thing like Naruto. If its a good as Naruto I'll be happy. The OP music was good and the ED was awesome. Orange Range and Rei Fu, I'll have to remember that.

Yeah, I dont like translating shinigami as Death God either. I think its one of those words best left untranslated.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 22:47   Link #106
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Wai! This looks really good after the first episode. The protaganist reminds me of a combination of..errr. the cat guy from Fruits Basket (forgot his name) coupled with Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo. I'll be waiting for the next episode.

isnt the cat guy from fruit baskets also kyo???
dannylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 23:53   Link #107
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylu88
isnt the cat guy from fruit baskets also kyo???
Hah, it is Kyo! So Kyo + Kyo = Ichigo? And isn't Ichigo (= strawberry) a somewhat feminine name for a guy?
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 00:17   Link #108
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Sawamura Seiji [Midori no Hibi] came to mind when I first saw the character design And I thought another translation for Ichigo was protector or guardian?
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 00:47   Link #109
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

There are a lot of Ichigo names with different kanjis for each. It does just not mean strawberries ( that is Ichigo 苺 as a noun ).

For this series, Ichigo is written as 一護

I too, thought that Seiji has grown and moved out of Midori no Hibi to take on a new job...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 00:58   Link #110
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
There are a lot of Ichigo names with different kanjis for each. It does just not mean strawberries ( that is Ichigo 苺 as a noun ).

For this series, Ichigo is written as 一護

I too, thought that Seiji has grown and moved out of Midori no Hibi to take on a new job...
I think at some point in the Manga Ichigo actually remarks how feminine his name is because some character then says it's masculine because of it's beginning or something. Wish I could remember it better.

Anyway. I loved the adaption. At times the art is a little weird getting used to. I *LOVE* Rukia's animation and her voice is so fitting for her personality... Great

Infact most of the voices all seem perfect to me so far. Both of the sisters, Karin's is dead-on what I'd imagine from her personality, same with Yuzo. I can't wait till the school characters appear like Orihime she looks cute in the opening animation.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 02:23   Link #111
DrewGSR

just finished watching the first episode and i thought it was great. I hope it continues to be good since FMA just ended i need to find a replacement.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 03:06   Link #112
Kensuke

Average first episode, but i'm curious enough to follow this to see how it develops, and Fumiko Orikasa as a badass girl is always a good thing in my book.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 03:09   Link #113
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Looks like this may be a good replacement for FMA.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 03:17   Link #114
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Yeah, I dont like translating shinigami as Death God either. I think its one of those words best left untranslated.
I agree, shinigami should be untranslated. The shinigami is quite well known in Japanese culture (at least in anime and manga) and I think you lose some of the cultural identity in the translation (allthough it is a direct translation).

But this is just my preference, I know there are loads of people that don't like to see any japanese words untranslated.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 03:35   Link #115
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Anyway. I loved the adaption. At times the art is a little weird getting used to. I *LOVE* Rukia's animation and her voice is so fitting for her personality... Great
Methinks they hired the only person capable of doing the girl any justice as a sarcastic, terminally frustrated grim reaper forced to masquerade as a mortal teen girl But is it me or does Orikasa Fumiko specifically look out for voice roles that are not only a challenge in terms of the array of personalities exhibited, but for being plain wierd as well? Just realised that she has almost always taken up the eccentric meganekko's, smart mouth lolies, fish out of water immortals to even a militant amputee [FMA] in addition to all the straight characters.

Anyway, ANN just updated the cast list: Yuki Matsuoka is taking on Orihime and believe it or not Kubotite [the writer] is playing Kon >_<

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 03:43   Link #116
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
I think at some point in the Manga Ichigo actually remarks how feminine his name is because some character then says it's masculine because of it's beginning or something. Wish I could remember it better.
I recall there was something said about names that start with ichi, but I don't remember it clearly either. His name means to "protect one thing/person"...that's masculine enough in my opinion.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 04:19   Link #117
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Methinks they hired the only person capable of doing the girl any justice as a sarcastic, terminally frustrated grim reaper forced to masquerade as a mortal teen girl But is it me or does Orikasa Fumiko specifically look out for voice roles that are not only a challenge in terms of the array of personalities exhibited, but for being plain wierd as well? Just realised that she has almost always taken up the eccentric meganekko's, smart mouth lolies, fish out of water immortals to even a militant amputee [FMA] in addition to all the straight characters.

Anyway, ANN just updated the cast list: Yuki Matsuoka is taking on Orihime and believe it or not Kubotite [the writer] is playing Kon >_<

Spoiler:
The mangaka is doing the voice of the bear plushy? hahaha. Konta sounded like I imagine him in the preview so good work then
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 09:20   Link #118
krem

the episode had it's moments, it's looking promising if predictable. but that's not always a bad thing. the animation was quite good at some points, and it reminded me of naruto at many points, aware that it is th same studio doing it. but i think they brought a few thigns over from naruto
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 11:27   Link #119
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
guess i was the only one that was disapionted ^^;;
Old 2004-10-07, 11:29   Link #120
Ookla The Mok

Quote:
The mangaka is doing the voice of the bear plushy? hahaha. Konta sounded like I imagine him in the preview so good work then
His name is Kon. He says "Kon da!" not "Konta" in the preview.

And he's a lion, not a bear.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote