AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2019-07-25, 09:57   Link #101
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Yeah, HG is very much on a kamikaze path at this point. They will not let anyone even remotely be inspired by anything Macross, and will torpedo the offenders, as well as themselves in the process.

WAT.DA.FUQ?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-26, 07:42   Link #102
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't know why HG is continuing this losing game. It's not as if the West cannot gain access to Macross goods, we do live in the age of the internet, after all. Not to mention Macross Frontier and Delta do have official subs, they are just done overseas.

- Tak
Not Frontier the TV series, grmblbrmblrassumfrassum...
Old 2019-10-21, 19:49   Link #103
saya_leviathan

Turns out Funimation is planning to steam Robotech. Wow, they really went very low on that one. Shame.
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...26519469236224
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 22:24   Link #104
Tak

In America, they have a modified version of Macross, which is called Robotech. Nowadays, there are a lot of people who are fans of Robotech without knowing that Macross exists. How do you feel about it?

S. Kawamori: I don’t understand, nor do I accept the fact that they took and modified my work without even asking. I can not comprehend how a pirated version like this exists. However, I feel I was very fortunate that many other people from other countries around the world were able to see Macross.

Harmony Gold has a lot of new project around Robotech in America. I think they are working on a new movie, for example, do you take any credits from the American Robotech works?

S. Kawamori: I don’t want to talk about it. Please support the official Macross releases.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2019-10-22, 02:41   Link #105
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Turns out Funimation is planning to steam Robotech. Wow, they really went very low on that one. Shame.
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...26519469236224
I'm enjoying reading the Twitter comments.
H.G. did this to themselves.
They DESERVE all that hate.
Old 2019-10-22, 04:30   Link #106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

HG tried to make Robotech outta Macross like WEP made Voltron outta GoLion. Too bad for HG, the source material outlives their "translation" work, unlike Voltron that outlives GoLion.

Still, let's just say that Macross fans are lucky that HG only touched the first SDF. In comparison, the Yu-Gi-Oh! (American) fans are still suffering from "bad translation" by 4kids. YGO has 6 series so far (with the 7th on the horizon) yet, IIRC to this day, they still censor the hell outta them (by changing things). Be it death or other things that's considered too violent or too titillating. Only the recent 6th series (Vrains) is legally available in Crunchyroll in its original Japanese version. Even the card-artworks are changed to meet the "American standard".
Old 2019-10-22, 11:54   Link #107
Tak

Speaking of bad card-artworks, back in the day when bad artists where hired to draw boxart for Japanese games... we had Megaman. Apparently, it was bad enough to be immortalized in Street Fighter vs Tekken...

The original shitart:

The improved shitart for Street Fighter vs Tekken:

Slight off-topic, I know... but memories...

- Tak

Old 2021-04-08, 19:16   Link #108
YF19EX

So apparently hell hath frozen over?

https://robotech.com/news/big-west-c...tech-worldwide

https://twitter.com/RobotechNews/sta...10414584520704
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 19:29   Link #109
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Yeah... end times indeed!
Old 2021-04-08, 19:53   Link #110
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Holy fuck. I'm guessing Sony made this happen.

Brand new English Twitter as well: https://twitter.com/MACROSS_BIGWEST
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 20:06   Link #111
Random14

Wait, this is for real? This is actually happening?! Whoa.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 00:36   Link #112
Dash_Hunter

Never thought I'd see the day, the (legal) war is finally over!

We will finally be able to get Macross stuff easier and and at a fair price.
Old 2021-04-09, 01:06   Link #113
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I feel glad for people who will get something good outta this. Since I live in a country where Macross can freely aired back then, I don't feel that much hype, but still, good for you.

Meanwhile, the Macross showrunners themselves still don't know how to go forward with the franchise story other than keep making Delta movies .
Old 2021-04-09, 02:35   Link #114
magnuskn

Holy shit.

Am I a bad person that I feel unhappy that the assholes from Harmony Gold got anything positive out of the whole ordeal?

Anyway, that unworthy statement of mine aside, let's hope that means Macross Frontier TV will finally get an international release and English sub and dub, so that I can get the DVD's. I probably should finally cough up the few Euros for an external BD-player, though. ^^

Maybe that will get Yot-Chan off my ass, finally.
Old 2021-04-09, 03:19   Link #115
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm going to believe this when I see it. I do know that I'll be mightily pissed off if it gets a streaming release and I'm greeted with the dreaded phrase "...not available in your region".
I'd love to have a blu-ray box set sitting on my shelves.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 08:22   Link #116
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Call me sceptical but... unless this means that the ORIGINAL Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (Is that the full name?) can be legally released in the US, I ain't going to be impressed. Sure, Frontier is arguably the best of the series, and maybe this will open up the gates for other Macross series to be legal in the US but... Robotech remains a bastardization of three series, and I won't be impressed until they fix THAT mess first.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 08:28   Link #117
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Am I a bad person that I feel unhappy that the assholes from Harmony Gold got anything positive out of the whole ordeal?
No, even now (and forevermore) fuck Harmony Gold.

SDFM has been released in English a bunch of times BTW. There was an Animeigo release in the early aughts and a 2006 dub by ADV with Mari Ijima reprising her role in English. And until recently the series was available on Prime Video. I'm guessing all the rights are shifting to Funimation/Sony as we speak.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 10:09   Link #118
Dextro
He Without a Title

Heck yeah! I'm waiting to be able to throw money at a nice box set of Frontier, some Plus and (heck) maybe even some Delta!
Old 2021-04-09, 19:32   Link #119
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Finally, if they can get together and fixed things then there is some hope for the human race but I will love to see if they can do remaster Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, I do Frontier and 7 as well. I hope that they can keep the music as well.
Old 2021-04-10, 19:07   Link #120
Tak

Still doesn't change how much I want HG to be bombed from orbit.

- Tak