4 out of 10 : Poor 6 11.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 11.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-26, 01:04   Link #101
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Oh then so Freyja is perfectly fine letting Windermere get away scot-free with imprisoning her friend Mikumo and using her as a slave?
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 01:05   Link #102
Jingdot
Hoina!

The only let-down for me in this final episode was the choice of songs. I mean, we only heard bits of "Hear the Universe" in Episode 17 and Absolute 5 is so great and yet they only use it two times?? What about Ikenai Borderline and Walküre Attack??
Old 2016-09-26, 01:07   Link #103
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
Oh then so Freyja is perfectly fine letting Windermere get away scot-free with imprisoning her friend Mikumo and using her as a slave?
What about she wants all war to end and sing happy songs didn't you get? She doesn't keep grudges. She was perfectly fine hooking up with the son of the man who piloted the VF that nuked her planet and killed her parents before learning he was innocent. Seriously, pursuing some idea of 'justice' and 'retribution' is what started this. The whole point was let it go instead of starting it over again. It's just so simple. We don't even know how the negotiations will be carried out, only that Heinz is gonna chat with Chaos. But the main issue was that he finally called for them, so Freyja got a Flawless Victory.

@Jingdot: The lack of Ikenai Borderline was the true crime against the galaxy.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 01:12   Link #104
Jingdot
Hoina!

@Thess: Yes! Ikenai Borderline was one of the best (or the best, imo) songs, yet they only used it like two times too (correct me if I'm wrong).

I really wanted to hear "Hear the Universe" or "Absolute 5" one more time... I think the latter one would have been epic instead of the second opening, since it's their "ultimate" group song
Old 2016-09-26, 01:15   Link #105
Thess

Ikenai Borderline is probably my personal favorite because it got me hooked up in Delta (and reminds me of the good old days of the first half of the show ). It gives me such adrenaline rush.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-09-26, 01:16   Link #106
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Love Thunder Grow tho
Old 2016-09-26, 01:17   Link #107
Thess

Ikenai Borderline is still better.

Runner up will be the first opening and second ending, and maybe Giraffe Blues.

Old 2016-09-26, 01:18   Link #108
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Kaze wa Yokoku naku Fuku is my favorite from the series, but I didn't see it happening in this episode.
Old 2016-09-26, 01:19   Link #109
Jingdot
Hoina!

I listened to Ikenai Borderline on constant repeat when I got my hands on it

But they really milked Bokura no Senjou and Giraffe Blues.
Old 2016-09-26, 01:20   Link #110
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
She wasn't that close to Mikumo anyway.
Old 2016-09-26, 01:27   Link #111
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She wasn't that close to Mikumo anyway.
They tried to kill her, Hayate and Mirage too. But she's not someone who holds a grudge. If she were, she would have been destroying NUNS fleets with rune beams instead of trying to join Walkure.

Old 2016-09-26, 01:28   Link #112
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
They tried to kill her, Hayate and Mirage too. But she's not someone who holds a grudge, if she were, she would be destroying NUNS fleets with rune beams.
My point stands though.
Old 2016-09-26, 01:31   Link #113
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
The only let-down for me in this final episode was the choice of songs. I mean, we only heard bits of "Hear the Universe" in Episode 17 and Absolute 5 is so great and yet they only use it two times?? What about Ikenai Borderline and Walküre Attack??
Blu-ray release might change it up because I recall Frontier TV did this upon its Blu-ray release of episode 25. Personally, I hope they switch the 2nd OP for Absolute 5 because it's waaaaaaay better for those action scenes!

And god yes; I love Forbidden Borderline and I also love My Battlefield (even if it's overused) and Giraffe Blues grows on you, especially the single versions. However, I'd have preferred a medley like Frontier did for the final battle because there is so much potential, especially with how a lot of their music blends into each other, but I guess that's something only Yoko Kanno can pull off...

Quote:
They tried to kill her, Hayate and Mirage too. But she's not someone who holds a grudge. If she were, she would have been destroying NUNS fleets with rune beams instead of trying to join Walkure.
Plus, she's not human by default so she doesn't know what transpired and is moved into her humanity by Freyja and all of Walkure pushing their feelings towards her in their song.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 01:41   Link #114
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
What about Ikenai Borderline and Walküre Attack??
This right here should have been the song when Mikumo broke free.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 01:46   Link #115
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
This right here should have been the song when Mikumo broke free.
YES. It would have been awesome parallel to her introduction which inspired Freyja. AAAH what a missed chance! But I loved the scene so much. So I'll forgive it.

Old 2016-09-26, 06:34   Link #116
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Windermere did loads of absolutely monstrous things that you and other people here kept downplaying over and over again. Don't you think they should pay some price for that? Feel and express some actual regret over the horrible things they did?
Kawamori thinks they don't, because they saw the light and are now good guys so that's all that matters. Note that you don't have to agree with Kawamori, in fact you *shouldn't* agree with him because he's crazy and his sense of morals has degraded over the last 30 years and that is reflected in Delta's plot.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 08:09   Link #117
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
Blu-ray release might change it up because I recall Frontier TV did this upon its Blu-ray release of episode 25. Personally, I hope they switch the 2nd OP for Absolute 5 because it's waaaaaaay better for those action scenes!

And god yes; I love Forbidden Borderline and I also love My Battlefield (even if it's overused) and Giraffe Blues grows on you, especially the single versions. However, I'd have preferred a medley like Frontier did for the final battle because there is so much potential, especially with how a lot of their music blends into each other, but I guess that's something only Yoko Kanno can pull off...

Oh boy, then I hope they will switch the songs because damn, I totally love Absolute 5 now. That song is my jam. And as you say, it fits the fighting scenes way better than Zettai Reido Novatic. Even though, like Thess and playmaker2k said, Ikenai Borderline would have been cool af and my cherry on top.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bokura no Senjou and Giraffe Blues too, but I still think that they used it too much, especially Giraffe Blues. And BnS was more fit for the first half of Delta, imo. But I still love listening to Giraffe Blues, the single versions are <3
Ya, I actually hoped for a medley too! I mean, how awesome would it have been to start with Ikenai Borderline when Mikumo was freed from the brainwash-thing and then proceed with the other greatest hits of Walküre, moving to a nice and slow bridge with Giraffe Blues until they get to the more up-beat song finale... Ah, just thinking about this missed opportunity makes me sad
Old 2016-09-26, 09:10   Link #118
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Kawamori thinks they don't, because they saw the light and are now good guys so that's all that matters. Note that you don't have to agree with Kawamori, in fact you *shouldn't* agree with him because he's crazy and his sense of morals has degraded over the last 30 years and that is reflected in Delta's plot.
Thank you. I see your reasoning as more valid than that of some Windermere apologists.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 10:14   Link #119
Thess

Quote:
Oh boy, then I hope they will switch the songs because damn, I totally love Absolute 5 now. That song is my jam. And as you say, it fits the fighting scenes way better than Zettai Reido Novatic. Even though, like Thess and playmaker2k said, Ikenai Borderline would have been cool af and my cherry on top.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bokura no Senjou and Giraffe Blues too, but I still think that they used it too much, especially Giraffe Blues. And BnS was more fit for the first half of Delta, imo. But I still love listening to Giraffe Blues, the single versions are <3
Ya, I actually hoped for a medley too! I mean, how awesome would it have been to start with Ikenai Borderline when Mikumo was freed from the brainwash-thing and then proceed with the other greatest hits of Walküre, moving to a nice and slow bridge with Giraffe Blues until they get to the more up-beat song finale... Ah, just thinking about this missed opportunity makes me sad
I loved Bokura no Senjou but yeah, it was reallyyyyyy overused (with Giraffe Blues) for me to demand it but Ikenai Bordeline wasn't!

Old 2016-09-26, 10:56   Link #120
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Like who? Give me their names and what their actions in the show. If you don't know their names, then they aren't real characters. They are just background fodder who don't even matter in the outcome.
Well, by this rationale, who cares who died from the WMD dropped on Windermere? We might have heard about specific victims in passing from Roid or one of the Aerial Knights, but they are very much "background fodder" and "not real characters" by your own standards.

So why should their lives be treated as any more valuable than the lives of the billions of people that Windermere hurt in one way or another? Why should Windermere's pain count more than the pain of Ragna or the pain of Voldor or the pain of Al Shahal?

It shouldn't count more, unless we're supposed to believe that Windermere really is the galactic master race...

Quote:
This only could have happened if it wasn't directly against Freyja's goal, but it was.
So you think Freyja would have objected to Heinz showing actual contrition and deep regret over all the blood he's shed and all the suffering he's caused on other planets with his own voice? Heinz handling the finale that way wouldn't have contradicted Freyja's goal whatsoever.

Heinz's final scene in this anime should have struck a very different note, in my view.