AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-07-16, 16:08   Link #11101
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
I've never understood Shin 4 leading to True Dxd it was said way back to Unlock it you would need ophis and Lilith to fuse , but it recon even tho ophis and Lilith will fight in the evasion why not make them fuse when he fought hades?
It’s a miracle through breasts like always
Old 2023-07-16, 16:18   Link #11102
Dareal_truth

that’s the thing tho ophis fusion got recon
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 16:37   Link #11103
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

But it didn't get reconned at all:

Spoiler for From V23 Life 3 Part 4:

It was a possibility not something that would definitely happen.
Old 2023-07-16, 16:45   Link #11104
Xuanwu

Won't Ophis and Lilith have to fuse because of Regalzeva? Else Ophis won't be "infinite" and she'd probably have no chance of putting up a fight.

Maybe they fuse and find a way to separate again after fighting Regalzeva?
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 17:02   Link #11105
Dareal_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
But it didn't get reconned at all:

Spoiler for From V23 Life 3 Part 4:

It was a possibility not something that would definitely happen.

He was supposed to get TDXD by ophis fusion it was logic because he couldn’t bring out the infinity entirely and how it happened in shin 4 came the worst shin volume and transformation

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-07-16 at 17:22.
Old 2023-07-16, 21:35   Link #11106
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Won't Ophis and Lilith have to fuse because of Regalzeva? Else Ophis won't be "infinite" and she'd probably have no chance of putting up a fight.

Maybe they fuse and find a way to separate again after fighting Regalzeva?
Dragon ball fusion dance
Old 2023-07-17, 06:16   Link #11107
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Dragon ball fusion dance
Imagine if Azazel made a device that needs something like the fusion dance for Ise & Vali.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 21:34   Link #11108
Lucidrago

So just to make it clear while I feel for Ishibumi and wish for his health to get better, I don't think using his health is the main issue with the series.

The main issue with the series in my view is quantity over quality. Ishibumi since the beginning has pretty much tried to put so much stuff in the series to the point that it seems that High School DxD has 10 different plots with each of them barely having a connection to the other. He seems to want to put everything in the series to the point that it loses any sense of focus and jumps from one plot to another. And then he resolves these plots while never really delving deep into them or barely having any effect on Issei or most of the main cast like the king piece scandal. Or certain plots that just get inserted randomly like Volume 7, 18, and 19.

Had Ishibuni simply stuck to the three Factions and fleshed them out more before expanding the story to all these other factions and mythologies I believe the series would have been far better off in the long run. The Rating Games and the evil pieces are such a major part of the Underworld's culture yet we only know 7 named characters who participate in the professional Rating Games as kings. We only know the full peerages of all of 7 devils in the series. And the lack of development for the angels and fallen angels is even worse.

Now we had both an Azazel Cup and Hades and his faction to deal with at the same time. He's writing a lot of Azazel Cup plot into the DX volumes. And now he's introduced enemies from another world.

And all the new characters and Longinus he has introduced while having existing main characters that have little to their personality or development.

Ishibumi seems to want to have his cake and eat it too. He is having to write on too many fronts in DxD on top of having to write Slash Dog as well. It just seems like Ishibuni is putting anything and everything into DxD because he knows this series is coming to an end and I feel he doesn't want to leave any loose ends even if it makes already existing characters suffer as a result of his writing.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 23:31   Link #11109
Dareal_truth

The biggest one was probably Malebranche a thrown out plot, that could have introduced a great antagonist, Dxd is a HUGE story but ish didn’t know what to do with it. Too many corners not hitting the right lane too many characters not being fleshed out, ill say since the story is mainly from ise Pov change it time to make it fresh out and have him in college because everything happens around high school we would see him in politics up front. And you have how the harem was handled. It became a fetish festival. When you have characters, that could be impacted more to the plot, like ingvild she’s link with the ancient devils it could be explored more. What about territories linked with that? Same as vali he loves exploring changing his pov time to see that. And now we have the robo arc, imo it could’ve been planned out more if it weren’t for chichigami I’ll rather have shiva war at least that will have dire consequences, ise joining Shiva could be an interesting character development for other characters also, but damn I’m still rug over the fact for ingvild and issei king development, ish never makes him grow outside of pawn it’s atrocious character development erase because he doesn’t grow as a character. If only ish had storyboard helpers man

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-07-17 at 23:54.
Old 2023-07-18, 04:29   Link #11110
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
The main issue with the series in my view is quantity over quality. Ishibumi since the beginning has pretty much tried to put so much stuff in the series to the point that it seems that High School DxD has 10 different plots with each of them barely having a connection to the other.
Yeah, there is still the mystery of Millarca's power and the one of how Mitsuya can use two Longinus without be their owners and what business he really have with Nakiri's family and Shooting Star.

Quote:
The Rating Games and the evil pieces are such a major part of the Underworld's culture yet we only know 7 named characters who participate in the professional Rating Games as kings. We only know the full peerages of all of 7 devils in the series. And the lack of development for the angels and fallen angels is even worse.

I think that maybe RG always was as a secondary plot in the eyes of Ishibumi despite the importante they seem to have.

Maybe we haven't see yet the others kings and their peerage cause he don't have ideas about what kind of Devil Traits and ability give to them. Ishi has prefered focusing more on the Issei's harem and his battle again villains for giving importance on others regulars RG that haven't characters that you could considers rivals for Issei (Sairoarg, Riser, Saji) and Rias (Sona).

Quote:
Now we had both an Azazel Cup and Hades and his faction to deal with at the same time. He's writing a lot of Azazel Cup plot into the DX volumes. And now he's introduced enemies from another world.

Not only the Eevie and the Azazel Cup together but also the Malebranche and Cross Times Kiss now.

Quote:
And all the new characters and Longinus he has introduced while having existing main characters that have little to their personality or development.
I think that maybe Ingvild, Shooting Star and Magnum Rose could have more space and development during the battles again the Malebranche and the Eevie.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2023-07-18 at 04:50.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 15:50   Link #11111
Dareal_truth

Yea there is a mecha in the ocean she’ll be the highlight
Old 2023-07-18, 17:59   Link #11112
Lucidrago

Quote:
Yea there is a mecha in the ocean she’ll be the highlight
DxD rule 55: Females don't get to be badass and aren'√ able to defeat strong enemies unless they are females themselves or getting assistance from a male.
Old 2023-07-18, 18:07   Link #11113
Dareal_truth

verrire and asia hell even ravel was a badass in the tournament and the fight against the girls (if you remove the plot amor) I have so much hope for igvild her character potential, is greater than any female queen + maou candidate, and she has the attention Of that old fart zerkam no female has got this much. So plz let my attention, so so please let my fantasy run wild. I remember it was said Xenovia could compete against BXB cao cao good times...ish should get some inspiration from the author of fairy tail

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-07-18 at 18:57.
Old 2023-07-18, 18:31   Link #11114
Lucidrago

Quote:
verrire and asia hell even ravel was a badass in the tournament and the fight against the girls (if you remove the plot amor) I have so much hope for igvild hIgvild her character potential, is greater than any female queen + maou candidate, and she has the attention Of that old far zerkam no female has got this much. So plz let my attention, so so please let my fantasy run wild. I remember it was said Xenovia could compete against BXB cao cao good times...ish should get some inspiration from the author of fairy tail
And yet Verrine wasn't even mentioned in the Diehauser vs Zeno Rating Game. Asia did nothing besides summon Fafnir to fight for her and just healed him and launched a few attacks at Crom Cruach. While I love Ravel, there is no logical reason that she should have been able to fight against Koneko on equal footing. She has nowhere near the combat experience or the level of power-ups the rest of them have gotten. Her regeneration is not really a valid excuse for that. Koneko would have been a better match for Ouryuu.

I really don't have much faith as far as any battles concerning females are concerned as if it's a female vs a male then the female will get the shaft. Or the female will need the support or the power of a guy to help her out like Rias's Balor Form. Or have the female not outright win against the guy without a catch like Xenovia defeating Nero in Volume 23 but him still knocking her away after getting hit by CrossxCrisis.
Old 2023-07-18, 18:58   Link #11115
Dareal_truth

Well ravel was under ise training so I’m giving that excuse outside of that I guess your right but rose? she’s a badass in itself, I’m only giving ingvild a pass due to the position she’s in, maybe upcoming vol against the transformers they’ll spark more…..I doubt it but let me fantasize
Old 2023-07-19, 06:59   Link #11116
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Guys I was thinking the Staff Of Mosses should have been a Longinus if Ishi would have used it in the plot?

This are the abilities I have think it could have if it was introduced:

Extreme durability: The staff is made of wood that is blessed by God's himself, it is so durable that it can be used by the user for protecting him/herself from various attacks like the Power Of Destruction and Sairoarg's punches and can't be cut even by Shooting Star, Tobio, Arthur and Strada.

Curse Manipulation: A ability based on the Plagues of Egypt, the plagues could effect even god beings and could can seriously damage the ecosystem of an entire country.

Boosting the wielders power thanks the faith of others: This ability allows the user to increase his/her aura and enhance the abilities of the staff itself more people believe in the Christian faith. The condition to use this skill is that it must be the user of the staff the onw who convinces the people from whom he/she get power to have faith, if one of his/her followers expresses doubts about him/her and the Christian faith this skill will be weakened.

Holy Manipulation: Since it is relic related to God the staff have the ability of releasing holy aura. He can release more holy power than a holy sword but not at the level of the others Holy Longinus.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2023-07-19 at 07:13.
Old 2023-07-19, 12:52   Link #11117
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
Guys I was thinking the Staff Of Mosses should have been a Longinus if Ishi would have used it in the plot?

Extreme durability: The staff is made of wood that is blessed by God's himself, it is so durable that it can be used by the user for protecting him/herself from various attacks like the Power Of Destruction and Sairoarg's punches and can't be cut even by Shooting Star, Tobio, Arthur and Strada.

Curse Manipulation: A ability based on the Plagues of Egypt, the plagues could effect even god beings and could can seriously damage the ecosystem of an entire country.

Boosting the wielders power thanks the faith of others: This ability allows the user to increase his/her aura and enhance the abilities of the staff itself more people believe in the Christian faith. The condition to use this skill is that it must be the user of the staff the onw who convinces the people from whom he/she get power to have faith, if one of his/her followers expresses doubts about him/her and the Christian faith this skill will be weakened.

Holy Manipulation: Since it is relic related to God the staff have the ability of releasing holy aura. He can release more holy power than a holy sword but not at the level of the others Holy Longinus.
Hm, nice idea. Reminds me of the Shroud of Turin, which hasn't made an appearance.

Speaking of which, is the Shroud of Turin the only major holy relic that isn't a Longinus? This makes me think Ishibumi would make it one of the new Longinus if he introduced it to the plot, much like the other major relics.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-19, 14:45   Link #11118
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post

A holy staff? If we're being broadly geberalustic the True Longinus can be considered a holy staff.

The thing about the durability is that it is very flexible in this series as far as people and objects go. Even if it didn't have that ability it would be the most durable thingin the world. Ishibumi and others only show weapons cracking or breaking just to show how powerful someone is. That would probably be the worst ability ever in DxD just based on how durable everything is.

I doubt Ishibuni really wants to delve deep into other religions and mythologies..So he isn't really going to be super specific with certain myths and stories unless it is in some way relevant to the main plot which I doubt anything having to do with Moses.
Old 2023-07-19, 14:48   Link #11119
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Hm, nice idea. Reminds me of the Shroud of Turin, which hasn't made an appearance.

Speaking of which, is the Shroud of Turin the only major holy relic that isn't a Longinus? This makes me think Ishibumi would make it one of the new Longinus if he introduced it to the plot, much like the other major relics.
Yeah from what I remember the Shrouf Of Turin isn't a present in the story as a Longinus.

Who knows maybe both the Staff Of Mosses and the Shrouf Of Turin can be new Longinus in future though the plot already have too many characters.

There also the Aaron's rod and the Ark of the Covenant that could have been used as Longinus.
Old 2023-07-19, 18:40   Link #11120
B214

Quote:
DxD rule 55: Females don't get to be badass and aren'√ able to defeat strong enemies unless they are females themselves or getting assistance from a male.
It should be female enemies are to be Pailingual and Dress Break before getting Dragon Shot.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote