AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-11-21, 13:58   Link #1081
Lucidrago

Still shit.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 15:16   Link #1082
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Still shit.
Really? I thought he had to increase the power of his base to awaken the power from Great Red flesh and Ophis power.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 15:33   Link #1083
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, backwards. Awakening the power from Great Red's flesh will make his base better.

@Lucidrago: Why would it still be shit with the awakened power from Great Red's flesh added to it? Right now it's still basically shit because the power from Great Red is still sleeping. It'll apparently awaken in Volume 24 or 25.
Old 2017-11-21, 15:35   Link #1084
n0m@n
C-Z

Sad, but true.

I thought Ishibumi would enhance Ise's base after gaining GR's flesh due to volume 14 having Ise use dragonification to take down enemies (grunts) without being able to use his Sacred Gear. And I was hoping Ise would have continued to improve his base like that and would be capable of taking down enemies who are atleast in the highest tier among high-class devil without using SG. Rias also mentioned in the very early volume about how his BB would get stronger if his base improves. So I wanted to see scenes

.....But Ishibumi simply did a 'let's give him more form' route. Before that it was 'let's give him more powerups to his ultimate form' when CxC was his best form till volume 19ish. Tbh, I'm not too fond of the idea of AxA and ExE. DxD looks awesome enough and I wouldnt have mind that being the ultimate form for him. Simple hardwork and dedication to enhance the power of DxD would have been a great situation for me.

At this rate when Ise vs Vali happens it's going to be.....DxD Ise getting owned by DxD Vali. Then Ise turns the table and wins by awakening his ExE. Would prefer to see both of them having a even match in DxD form and Ise wins at the end in a very close match. ....Though his base is still crap compared to Vali so they wont have equal power in DxD at this point....

Vali atleast demonstrated of being capable of killing dozens of grimreapers that are stronger than high-class devils without his SG in volume 11 with his aura/demonic powers.

By the way, Ishibumi kinda demoted Ise's CxC spec. Pretty sure I was talking about tiers for characters and I mentioned Ise being Maou-class in CxC form (though there were more comments about him being above Maou-class since Ishibumi himself stated that in v23).

....Well, in v24...
Spoiler for v24:

Is it me or does Ishibumi like to downplay Ise a bit?

On a separate note, when Ise saw Vali's DxD after his fight against Thanatos, Ddraig said...

Right now, there are certain areas which Ise in DxD doesnt lack compared to Vali in DxD but overall wise Vali is higher.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 15:42   Link #1085
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So, what, the True Queen isn't even Maou-class? What's Ishibumi doing?

Hopefully awakening Great Red's power can improve his base enough to complete the True Queen, though.

I think we should all have seen at least ExE coming from the beginning since Ise has Great Red's flesh.
Old 2017-11-21, 17:14   Link #1086
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

They could have made it that Issei was slowly unlocking the Great Red power after vol 12 and after a certian amount of time that amount of power would be great enough that his base isn't dwarfed by Vali's demonic powers or Sairaorg's Touki.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 17:28   Link #1087
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ajuka said in Volume 23 that he still hasn't awakened it yet. If it's ExE, then it's coming in Volume 24 or 25.

Hopefully Ishibumi will shitting on the True Queen already and show us the completed form.
Old 2017-11-21, 20:44   Link #1088
thefreakmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Spoiler for v24:

[/B]
@n0m@n could you give us more in-depth details about this?, you know for research purposes

Last edited by thefreakmike; 2017-11-21 at 22:50.
thefreakmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 22:25   Link #1089
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So, what, the True Queen isn't even Maou-class? What's Ishibumi doing?

Hopefully awakening Great Red's power can improve his base enough to complete the True Queen, though.

I think we should all have seen at least ExE coming from the beginning since Ise has Great Red's flesh.
No it definitely is he beat Euclid and barkiel. Hell he managed to not get completely stomped by diehauser. It is just not god class. WOW his totally fucked then we he has to fight the gods. Apollo, Vidar and Typhon are all stronger then thanny.

Last edited by Parry999; 2017-11-21 at 22:51.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 00:07   Link #1090
Lucidrago

And Thanatos is the strongest Grim Reaper I'm guessing and is probably even way above the 'above Maou-class' people. And remember that Pluto was fighting evenly with an armoured Azazel. And the average Grim Reaper is stronger than the average devil as a low-class Grim Reaper is stronger than a mid-class devil. So I don't find it surprising that Issei was no match for Thanatos in CCQ. And if you think I'm biased, you're kind of right. I'm a huge fan of Thanatos.

And I swear I wrote a post about Issei using Rossweisse's breasts for a new power-up.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 00:36   Link #1091
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Sad, but true.

I thought Ishibumi would enhance Ise's base after gaining GR's flesh due to volume 14 having Ise use dragonification to take down enemies (grunts) without being able to use his Sacred Gear. And I was hoping Ise would have continued to improve his base like that and would be capable of taking down enemies who are atleast in the highest tier among high-class devil without using SG. Rias also mentioned in the very early volume about how his BB would get stronger if his base improves. So I wanted to see scenes

.....But Ishibumi simply did a 'let's give him more form' route. Before that it was 'let's give him more powerups to his ultimate form' when CxC was his best form till volume 19ish. Tbh, I'm not too fond of the idea of AxA and ExE. DxD looks awesome enough and I wouldnt have mind that being the ultimate form for him. Simple hardwork and dedication to enhance the power of DxD would have been a great situation for me.

At this rate when Ise vs Vali happens it's going to be.....DxD Ise getting owned by DxD Vali. Then Ise turns the table and wins by awakening his ExE. Would prefer to see both of them having a even match in DxD form and Ise wins at the end in a very close match. ....Though his base is still crap compared to Vali so they wont have equal power in DxD at this point....

Vali atleast demonstrated of being capable of killing dozens of grimreapers that are stronger than high-class devils without his SG in volume 11 with his aura/demonic powers.

By the way, Ishibumi kinda demoted Ise's CxC spec. Pretty sure I was talking about tiers for characters and I mentioned Ise being Maou-class in CxC form (though there were more comments about him being above Maou-class since Ishibumi himself stated that in v23).

....Well, in v24...
Spoiler for v24:

Is it me or does Ishibumi like to downplay Ise a bit?

On a separate note, when Ise saw Vali's DxD after his fight against Thanatos, Ddraig said...

Right now, there are certain areas which Ise in DxD doesnt lack compared to Vali in DxD but overall wise Vali is higher.
Hmmm, The problem with Issei's CxC is it doesn't have "one-hit one-kill" ability like Compression Divide in EJOD. What CxC does is just to buff Issei's poor stat to a Maou ,even though you have high power stat it doesn't mean you can win every battle against someone at your level or sometimes below you. It has been shown that if Issei fights an enemy head on using CxC against someone who has more or less power stat ( old Maou class) then he can win, for example: Issei vs Sairaorg, Issei vs Grendel, Issei vs Nidhog, and Issei vs Baraqiel. However, when it comes to someone who knows how to exploit other's weakness like Cao Cao, Vasco, and Diehauser then Issei does very poorly.

Regarding the statement about Issei DxD form in vol 24, Thanatos admitted that DxD mode is God level, but just for 10 seconds. As i recall, In DxD form he still doesn't have an ability like Compression Divider, right?? then he only uses Giant ass laser again which can be easily dodged. So, as long as someone doesn't fight Issei in DxD form head on then there is a good chance that he/she might survive for 10 seconds even if he/she is a Maou level.

I would assume Thanatos is much stronger than pluto which puts him in God class beings.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 01:32   Link #1092
Parry999

Pretty sure any named ultimate class grim reapers are in the god class range.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 04:15   Link #1093
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Hmmm, The problem with Issei's CxC is it doesn't have "one-hit one-kill" ability like Compression Divide in EJOD. What CxC does is just to buff Issei's poor stat to a Maou ,even though you have high power stat it doesn't mean you can win every battle against someone at your level or sometimes below you. It has been shown that if Issei fights an enemy head on using CxC against someone who has more or less power stat ( old Maou class) then he can win, for example: Issei vs Sairaorg, Issei vs Grendel, Issei vs Nidhog, and Issei vs Baraqiel. However, when it comes to someone who knows how to exploit other's weakness like Cao Cao, Vasco, and Diehauser then Issei does very poorly.

Regarding the statement about Issei DxD form in vol 24, Thanatos admitted that DxD mode is God level, but just for 10 seconds. As i recall, In DxD form he still doesn't have an ability like Compression Divider, right?? then he only uses Giant ass laser again which can be easily dodged. So, as long as someone doesn't fight Issei in DxD form head on then there is a good chance that he/she might survive for 10 seconds even if he/she is a Maou level.

I would assume Thanatos is much stronger than pluto which puts him in God class beings.
DxD being only God Class? I find that hard to believe since Issei was able to beat Apophis who was Heavenly Dragon level. Issei puedo DxD might be God Class.

I would put Issei

Scale Mail = Ultimate Class

Cardinal Crimson= Maou class

Pusedo DxD = God Class

Full DxD = Heavenly Dragon Class
Old 2017-11-22, 04:30   Link #1094
AzazelDxD

Quote:

....Well, in v24...
[SPOILER="v24"]
Ise fights Thanatos. Thanatos is the ultimate rank grimreaper just like Pluto.
We alll know Vali curpstomped Pluto in a brink of an eye with his EJOL.
Ise.....couldn't take him down in his CxC initially. Thanatos told Ise that Ise cant beat him in CxC form which Ise angrily admits.
So he used DxD form which he could only use for 10 counts.
...But again he wasnt able to take down Thanatos and this time in DxD form.
Thantos told Ise that Ise in DxD form is comparable with God-class but his weakness is his time limit in that form. And he follows up by saying that not only Gods but even Maou class can survive against Ise in DxD for 10 counts and Ise cannot survive against a God with his CxC.
.[/B]
Interesting... So Vidar in the next volume will be a difficult opponent..
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 05:42   Link #1095
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Royalknightftw: God-class is generally thought of as being below Heavenly Dragon-level. Only the strongest Hindu gods are above Heavenly Dragon-level. Also, don't forget "Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames", the Sekiryuutei Y Ddraig Goch's ultimate finishing move. He awakened that after the second Dragon Deification and so far is only able to use it in DxD G mode. That's your one-hit kill move right there, for most opponents. It was stated that aside from the infinite Ophis, Great Red and Albion, anything else hit by it would be burned until there was nothing left. Trihexa's core and the monster itself are exceptions because of the troublesome regeneration (if it weren't for the regeneration, I'm sure the core would already be gone).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Great Red's power being awakened and the True Queen being completed. Both things have to happen before the end of the series.
Old 2017-11-22, 06:05   Link #1096
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Royalknightftw: God-class is generally thought of as being below Heavenly Dragon-level. Only the strongest Hindu gods are above Heavenly Dragon-level. Also, don't forget "Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames", the Sekiryuutei Y Ddraig Goch's ultimate finishing move. He awakened that after the second Dragon Deification and so far is only able to use it in DxD G mode. That's your one-hit kill move right there, for most opponents. It was stated that aside from the infinite Ophis, Great Red and Albion, anything else hit by it would be burned until there was nothing left. Trihexa's core and the monster itself are exceptions because of the troublesome regeneration (if it weren't for the regeneration, I'm sure the core would already be gone).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Great Red's power being awakened and the True Queen being completed. Both things have to happen before the end of the series.
What level do you think Issei would be at after he awakens Great Red's power?
Old 2017-11-22, 06:29   Link #1097
DragonOsman
Dragon King

ExE should be the same as DxD in terms of raw power. Since prime Ophis and Great Red are equal. And you can tell what I mean by the True Queen being completed, right? I don't want to have to say it because it might start another argument between me, B214 and Lucidrago which I don't want.

Speaking of DxD, though. Remember this (from Volume 23 Life.2, when Ise and Vali were watching Rias's match. Ise asked Ddraig if he can fight Crom Cruach as he currently is)? Look at Ddraig's reply:

Quote:
“Ddraig, answer me honestly. —Can I fight that guy as I currently am?”
In response to my question, Ddraig answered
[Of course, you’ll be able to fight with him as long as you undergo Dragon Deification. It’ll definitely be a good fight. —But.]
…I knew what was next even without it having to be said.
If there was a time limit, then it’s out of the question, huh. …Seriously, Rias has actually taken in such an unexpected team member.”
It's referring to current DxD G mode, not true DxD G mode. Ise asked if he can fight Crom Cruach as he currently is, after all. Even the time limit was mentioned (though it seems like he can't last for very long in true DxD G mode either at this point). Keep that in mind.

If Ishibumi didn't retcon what was said in Volume 21, that the power in DxD G mode was lowered when Ophis adjusted it, then the true DxD G mode is above Heavenly Dragon-level. But that would mean that he wasn't in top shape when he used it against Apophis due to having already been thrashed around in True Queen mode beforehand, and that's why they seemed equal when Ise used Dragon Deification, when in reality DxD G mode should've been above Apophis's level. But otherwise, if Ishibumi did retcon it and the power wasn't lowered, then the true DxD G is also Heavenly Dragon-level.
Old 2017-11-22, 07:38   Link #1098
syzorst
syzorst

I wonder how long it will be until DX3 Life 5 will be translated?
Old 2017-11-22, 08:01   Link #1099
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
I wonder how long it will be until DX3 Life 5 will be translated?
36/36 pages done. Edit in progress.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-22, 08:20   Link #1100
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiryuu12 View Post
36/36 pages done. Edit in progress.
Great, I'm sure editing will take some time but at least it don't be long. I'm looking forward to reading it. It'll probably be another comedy chapter.