AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-17, 18:42   Link #1081
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
^Double posting isn't allowed my dude. You're only allowed to double post if 24 hrs have passed and there were no new responses since your last post.

You can multi-quote posts by clicking "+quote" on the first post (or how much ever you intend to quote) and then clicking "quote" on the last post that you intend to quote. As a result, you'll quote all posts in one reply instead of having separate replies to each post.

Thanks for the heads up. This is my first forum where I started to post stuff, so I am not aware of all the rules.

I keep that in mind.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 03:19   Link #1082
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
For the love interest for some reason i think its the priestess dispite the issue & controversy after all, but in 10 yrs or less after the main series story. just like what happen in Gun x sword ending which is already a self explanatory obvious end. Well perhaps GS might be given perpetual youth (but not immortality) or something in the context of reward or so, so that the gods can amuse themselves on him more in a sense thats dark is it?

And for all the HEA fan....... I strongly believe its HEA x Old dwarf loveship in the end ahahahahaha i get the feeling this two would mate!! Ahahahaha i think there is a foreshadowing or something about them but not yet concluded just the feeling!
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 12:44   Link #1083
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
For the love interest for some reason i think its the priestess dispite the issue & controversy after all, but in 10 yrs or less after the main series story. just like what happen in Gun x sword ending which is already a self explanatory obvious end. Well perhaps GS might be given perpetual youth (but not immortality) or something in the context of reward or so, so that the gods can amuse themselves on him more in a sense thats dark is it?

Actually I had the same idea. Goblin Slayer in the end is such an entertaining board piece that the gods bestow him something like prolonged youth or something, so he can do his stuff and defy fate, which the gods still enjoy.
Not immortality though, if there is no risk of him dying in battle, it would be boring.

And relationship wise, I can see a bittersweet ending where he is together with HEA after a 500 year timeskip or something. Those two are the only one left of their former party after all other partymembers and friends died peacefully of old age.

HEA gave Priestess (or someone else) the opportunity to be together with GS while she waited for her turn, thinking after waiting 100 years or something, HEA will have her chance to be together with Orcbolg for the reamining thousands of years.
For elves, time does not really matter, so HEA patiently waits for her turn until Priestess passes away.

And in the end we have the undying hero who defies fate until the end, while at his side is an elf who keeps an eye on him, making sure he is fine and supporting him for the remaining thousands of years.

Man, I have the urge to write a book now...

DISCLAIMER: Before there is a misunderstanding, I made up everything. This is not a confirmed ending or anything.
So don't embarass yourself quoting this post to support your claim or theory.

Last edited by Questman; 2018-10-18 at 12:58.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 07:50   Link #1084
LG-MAX 2.o

Japan's Weekly Light Novel Rankings for Oct 8 - 14

*4. 16,385 *16,385 Goblin Slayer Vol.8
18. *4,125 *87,733 Goblin Slayer Vol.1

Remembering that volume 8 officially only came out on the 15th, then that initial value can be considered pre-sale. And the volume 1 of the series flew to the rankikng, that is to say, both the manga and the novel suffered boost in the sales due to the anime.

https://myanimelist.net/news/56007759
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 08:04   Link #1085
Tenzen12

I can't say I am not happy for Kagyuu Kumo getting bumb on sales, but I would prefer if it wasn't because people whole this "controversy" bs, but simply because how GS is nice story instead...
Old 2018-10-19, 08:51   Link #1086
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I can't say I am not happy for Kagyuu Kumo getting bumb on sales, but I would prefer if it wasn't because people whole this "controversy" bs, but simply because how GS is nice story instead...
well, I do not think that this controversy affected Japan though, I mean, I did not find any comment on clash of values on the official Japanese twitter or something, I think this "surprise" has affected more Westerners.

The volume 5 of the manga sold this week practically the same amount as in the last one, I think that who bought this volume already noticed that the story is not about girls being raped in each chapter.
Old 2018-10-19, 10:08   Link #1087
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
well, I do not think that this controversy affected Japan though, I mean, I did not find any comment on clash of values on the official Japanese twitter or something, I think this "surprise" has affected more Westerners.

The volume 5 of the manga sold this week practically the same amount as in the last one, I think that who bought this volume already noticed that the story is not about girls being raped in each chapter.
Although I'm kinda worried how the anime only viewers would react to the gobs human shield. That scene, while reinforcing the fact that genociding goblins is a good idea, is very very uncomfortable to watch. Doubly so if it's animated.
Old 2018-10-19, 10:18   Link #1088
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post

Oh, right. I guess I completely forgot about japanese fans of japanese adaptation of japan light novel

I guess whole this controversy got under my skin too much.
Old 2018-10-19, 10:44   Link #1089
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Although I'm kinda worried how the anime only viewers would react to the gobs human shield. That scene, while reinforcing the fact that genociding goblins is a good idea, is very very uncomfortable to watch. Doubly so if it's animated.
I think you will not have to wait long for a new controversy, as the anime is going, the end of episode 3 should be showing the half-disfigured Elf body because of the goblins' tortures. And then we'll have another SJW attack.
Old 2018-10-19, 10:52   Link #1090
Eclar
Avid reader

They are probably going to censor the elf's silhouette, but I can see that coming.
Old 2018-10-19, 11:23   Link #1091
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclar View Post
They are probably going to censor the elf's silhouette, but I can see that coming.
I do not know, they showed more than I thought they would show in the first episode, honestly, I thought they would even skip that part as Berserk 2016 did with the lost children's arc. I would not be surprised if they just added Elf's hair to lightly hide the nipple of the breasts, but the rest remained intact.
Old 2018-10-19, 11:23   Link #1092
Tenzen12

Hopefuly by that point worse hater will already find something better to do, so only people who will get disturbed will be apolitical ones. With bit of luck even if they will hate it, they will express their disgust in unoffensive manner.
Old 2018-10-19, 17:12   Link #1093
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I highly doubt the outrage culture controversy is hitting Japan for this show. And I don't think the sales bump is due to controversy BS.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 17:14   Link #1094
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyoronyolo View Post
I'd like to nuance the last part; I think a part of the Goblin Slayer backlash is not that it contains rape per se but that the wrong audience is watching it in the first place.
It may have to do with the character-design and lack of visual cues in the promotional material that would indicate that it is not as upbeat as more commonly found adventure/fantasy stuff.

Berserk on the other hand has designs that already sets the tone and would deter a lot of people from checking the contents in the first place.
Of course if they did check, they would vomit all the disgust they felt from it but then it would be a very predictable outcome and people would surely be keener to call them out on this.

That being said, I do agree that anime being more accepted outside of traditional subculture circles combined with the current social atmosphere in the West, especially in some cultures subsets, is not helping and Goblin Slayer is an easy target for social propaganda as well.
But then it is also a case of double standards being applied as some popular western series featuring violent sexual imagery (of various levels, lighter, same level, worse... all depending on one's perspective), are not met with the same kind of outcry for what it's worth.
There are no rules on how things or content should be drawn. It's art. Look at When They Cry. It's got all those cute moe designs, but the show is freaking obscenely bleak.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 20:29   Link #1095
Hata
時の異邦人

GS limited edition book 9 cover sketch, GS, guild girl, and cow girl.
the limited edition will come with the Goblin encyclopedia complete edition.
https://twitter.com/GoblinSlayer_GA/...61483958099969

half way through book 8…
Old 2018-10-21, 01:34   Link #1096
GLDarkLord

There is spoiler of some sort or even state in Wiki that Fighter girl from the first vol did this
" It is revealed in Volume 8 of the Light Novel that she committed suicide a week after arriving at a temple to recover. The head nun of the temple reveals to the Priestess that she discovered she was pregnant with a Goblin and killed herself that night."
How legit is this claim?
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 01:38   Link #1097
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLDarkLord View Post
There is spoiler of some sort or even state in Wiki that Fighter girl from the first vol did this
" It is revealed in Volume 8 of the Light Novel that she committed suicide a week after arriving at a temple to recover. The head nun of the temple reveals to the Priestess that she discovered she was pregnant with a Goblin and killed herself that night."
How legit is this claim?
As real as the protagonist of Conception anime having sex .
Old 2018-10-21, 01:44   Link #1098
GLDarkLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
As real as the protagonist of Conception anime having sex .
I see then, someone is spreading false spoiler. Thanks
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 01:56   Link #1099
Rejectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLDarkLord View Post
How legit is this claim?
LMAO

Really, I can't actually confirm that.
Old 2018-10-21, 02:07   Link #1100
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejectors View Post
LMAO

Really, I can't actually confirm that.
Spoiler for pb:

Tags